Author Topic: ETC's Program Plugs  (Read 1682 times)

Offline a616

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ETC's Program Plugs
« on: Jan 22, 2007 at 06:59 PM »
Is it just me or does anyone else find the prgram plugs on Etc Channel lame and stupid? They remind me of those Texas Walker Ranger clips that Conan would show. The copies for the plugs have wrong grammar, don't make sense, and / or riddled with superlatives. Has anybody else noticed this?

Some examples:
For Americas Top Model: "sweet charm, ultra punk, sassy ala' mode"
For The Tonight Show: "crocodile tears...plain mockery....pirated dvds....certified imitations...the mark of a jay man"   

just plain stupid.....oh well, just had to get it out of my system....

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: ETC's Program Plugs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2007 at 06:07 AM »
You're not the only one--I find them incredibly annoying, particularly their clips right before and after commercial breaks; is it really necessary to keep showing miniclips of the show that you're already watching? :P

Offline vinta18

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007 at 02:15 PM »
It's not just the grammar; the idea behind some of the scripts make little sense. They should hire (or outsource) a better writer.

Offline a616

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2007 at 04:00 PM »
I know...I think their doing all the shows that they have an injustice!  :)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2007 at 05:28 PM »
2nd Avenue's plugs also bug the hell out of me.

You'd think that after a year, the announcer would know how to pronounce Maury Povich (consistently wrong) and Ellen Degeneres (still hit-and-miss on her surname, as the plugs change).
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline a616

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 12:07 PM »
Oh yeah, 2nd Avenue, Jack, etc....for their Simpsons plug, they say that the show is finally coming home (to JAck TV)...uhm, why? Was it ever there before? They don;t pay attention to what they write! Notice also how they love using adjectives like "wacky", "zany antics", in describing like what, 90% of their shows?! Also, the clips they use from the shows they plug are often t he most annoying ones, making you not want to watch the show.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 01:05 PM »
LOL... this is why i choose to surf during commercial breaks.

they are poorly edited too... and i agree about the clips (although, i personally know it's not easy to sift through hours of footage when you have a deadline to meet...)

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 03:38 PM »
Their promo for The Office (JackTV) describes PAM as the "righteous" something. And I'm baffled by what they mean by it...because PAM is anything but that.  ??? Baka si Angela pa.

Offline a616

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 04:03 PM »
How about their plug for Friends -- "dominating primetime in absolute fashion" ....uhm, what does that mean?
The one for Saturday Night Live - "a week without laughter leaves someone drained...." lame!

Offline CrUzSACK

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm a paranoid schizophrenic. I am an entourage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 06:05 AM »
Their promo for 24 naman on Crime/Suspense ---- Brace yourselves for the day after tomorrow;D ;D ;D ;D It does not make sense to use the phrase for a show like 24.
« Last Edit: Jan 26, 2007 at 06:06 AM by CrUzAC[k]H »

Offline a616

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2007 at 11:52 AM »
What they should just do is use the original program plugs they use in the staes for the shows....I think they did this with Tyra and it was of course, much better.....it stuck out like a sore thumb though, amidst all the crappy plugs done locally  :)

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2007 at 02:09 PM »
In fairness, pati National Geographic, mali na mag-English... Their "What will you be thinking?" plug e kulang ng "of" sa dulo...tapos They show people holding up boards with the words "I think" pero yung kakabit na boards..."the world", "why?", "more"...I think -the world? I think -why? I think- more? WTF?
On topic, they should just use the original plugs or just use music like what they used for one tree hill.
One particularly grating plug was for Jay Leno...something about traffic and stressful stuff then they say something like " will you let your evenings feel the same?"

Offline a616

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2007 at 09:50 AM »
Well, since the year just started, there has been an influx of new lame program plugs at ETC and other Solar Network channels. For example, the plug for the new show "Freddie".....it doesn;t really make you wanna see the show when the ad for it keeps repeating "Freddie...Who is Freddie?" again and again!

ETC never fails to outdo themselves when it comes to bad plugs...