Sharing my method of buying stuff from Amazon.com and shipping it here in the Philippines. I'm using the offering of Globe which is GCASH AMEX, plus its partner shipping service my-shoppingbox.com. I'll write a guide here for the benefit of PDVD.
GCASH AMEX is a virtual card offering by Globe, backed by American Express. It's similar to a reloadable debit card. 7-day free trial. Annual subscription fee is P250. You can use this anywhere provided 1) the merchant accepts American Express; 2) You have balance in your account. GCASH AMEX is different from GCASH, but they share the same balance.
My Shopping Box (MSB) is GCASH AMEX's shipping partner. It's like JAC, but cheaper. They offer a 3% discount to Globe GCASH AMEX susbcribers. They would also be the ones to give you your US address and US telephone number to be used in combo with your GCASH AMEX account.
1. Dial *143# on your Globe postpaid/prepaid phone. Look for GCASH, then register. You now have a GCASH account. At this point you can only send money, but you can't receive.
2. Go to the Globe Store nearest you and ask to be KYC'ed (Know Your Customer). This is FREE. But you have to have at least P50 (suggested: P200) in your GCASH account because it will be verified. Also have a valid ID with you. You can finish this process quickly.
3. After getting KYC'ed, you can now register for GCASH AMEX. Dial *143# again, and look for GCASH American Express Virtual Pay, then sign up.
4. After a successful signup, you will be emailed your GCASH AMEX & MSB credentials. Grab your AMEX details, log-in your My Shopping Box account*, and complete the required fields.
*You need not create a My Shopping Box account, because you'll be automatically enrolled to the service once you subscribe to Globe GCASH AMEX.
5. Go to Amazon.com and create an account, then add your GCASH AMEX & MSB US address details (both shipping and biling address). If you already have an existing account, just add your card and your address details. You can set it as your primary account if you want to.
6. Order stuff and check out. Make sure that your GCASH AMEX account will be the one used and charged. Amazon will ship your orders to your US address via the MSB service.
7. MSB will collect your items (they can consolidate, but you have to ask, and they charge per receipt of item). They charge $8.50/lb for electronic items, $5.99/lb on non-electronic items. They also charge using volumetric weight, so be wary of overly huge packaging. You'll receive an email alert about your items arrival in MSB's US warehouse. You need to authorize your shipment. A 3% discount would be applied.
8. Unlike other services where you go to their branch to pick up your package, MSB will deliver your orders straight to your residence, wherever you are in the Philippines, free of charge, in 10-12 days after shipment authorization.
Here's my Sandisk microSD card and Google Chromecast from last year's Black Friday.
This service is also compatible with a lot of major US websites like ebay, Sephora, MAC Cosmetics, GAP, Aeropostale, Google Play, iTunes, and even PSN.
That's basically the process. It's quick, really. If you guys have any questions, I'll answer it the best I can. Hopefully you'll find this helpful.