Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 391808 times)

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:Johnny Air
« Reply #90 on: Feb 27, 2003 at 01:00 AM »
reinardian,
had a similar experience before and wrote it here. if the package is big but light, they will use a system called volume weight. i am sure that's what happened to your toy package. the cost of the shipping the  dvd boxset at 1,300 is actually right, since it is 5.5*3 + 5 = 21.5 * foreign rate.

Offline Grandpoobah

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Mwahaha- talo kayo!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 27, 2003 at 01:23 AM »
Do you guys know any online DVD store that packages their DVD's tight? I only encountered this through DDD (www.deepdiscountdvd.com) talagang siksik in a small box!

Offline jegiwong

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Mar 01, 2003 at 02:55 PM »
I notice that Johnny Air has a website now (www.johnny-air.com), but the information is limited.
They show the office no. and address, and also the timing of delivery. The rates are not shown there. :)

Offline X44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Mar 02, 2003 at 01:01 PM »
Anybody ordered CDs through Johnny Air?
How many CDs make up one pound?

Offline groucho

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Mar 16, 2003 at 08:46 PM »
Let's put it this way.  I purchased five audio CDs from DVDEmpire a couple of months ago.  The ordered weighed 1.3 lbs.  At least that's what it says in my order status.  But I did not have it shipped by Johnny Air.  I had the items sent to a friend in NYC.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: Mar 16, 2003 at 09:11 PM by groucho »

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Mar 26, 2003 at 12:17 AM »
warning to those who order stuff from amazon and have the items shipped to johnny air!!!!

i ordered a bunch of small items from amazon and had them shipped to johnny air a couple of weeks ago. when i got a call from johnny air they told me my shipping cost was a couple of thousand! ? ! ? when i get to the office i see three huge boxes and am further puzzled bec i knew the things i purchased were very small. apparently, amazon as a way of protecting the contents packed the small boxes containing my purchases in these huge @ss boxes filled with foam  >:(
since johnny air charges by volume weight i ended up paying so much more than i anticipated. i guess next time you order from amazon, you got to inform them to not pack it this way or allow johnny air to repack your package in the states before shipping.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Mar 26, 2003 at 12:23 AM »
bunkieboy,
had the same experience with some toys i ordered before. last time i'll ever do that route for toys. jac is still good for dvds though

Offline bently

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Mar 26, 2003 at 02:00 AM »
amazon as a way of protecting the contents packed the small boxes containing my purchases in these huge @ss boxes filled with foam  >:(

That's Amazon alright :)
i remember last x'mas i ordered a small 3" by 3" plastic toy. a shoe box would be more than enough to ship this toy in... but not with amazon...they used a box that can easily fit your desktop computer in.... ???
.·´ `·. . ><((((º> . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . <º))))><
.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . ><((((º> .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .
·. . .·´ `·. . .><((((º>.·´ `·. . .·´ `·. . .·´ `·. .

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Mar 26, 2003 at 03:11 PM »
amazon as a way of protecting the contents packed the small boxes containing my purchases in these huge @ss boxes filled with foam  >:(

That's Amazon alright :)
i remember last x'mas i ordered a small 3" by 3" plastic toy. a shoe box would be more than enough to ship this toy in... but not with amazon...they used a box that can easily fit your desktop computer in.... ???

one of my orders fit right into a small shoebox. what amazon did was stuff the shoenbox sized container into this 2.5 ft X 1ft box for protection. imagine the damn volume weight i had to pay >:(

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Apr 04, 2003 at 03:01 PM »
I finally experienced my first problem with johnny air today. I ordered from a site that sent me the complete details with tracking number for fedex that showed it was signed by one of the people at the johnny air office in new york. It was received on the 29th of march and two shipments passed by and hindi siya nakasama. I already informed them way back and i used the specific information i use for my other orders that get sent there. The usual thing is that we will email new york but new york never emails them back in time. I gave them tracking number for their own verification process and I can't get a straight answer. I hope they call up their new york office tomorrow and ask what's up. Cause those items are of great importance and I can't afford to wait any longer.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 08, 2003 at 09:26 PM »
I finally experienced my first problem with johnny air today. I ordered from a site that sent me the complete details with tracking number for fedex that showed it was signed by one of the people at the johnny air office in new york. It was received on the 29th of march and two shipments passed by and hindi siya nakasama. I already informed them way back and i used the specific information i use for my other orders that get sent there. The usual thing is that we will email new york but new york never emails them back in time. I gave them tracking number for their own verification process and I can't get a straight answer. I hope they call up their new york office tomorrow and ask what's up. Cause those items are of great importance and I can't afford to wait any longer.

I havent had any problem with them. Pero minsan nakukulitan na yata sa akin yung staff nila sa Sm Megamall branch.  ;D

Also sometimes the person who answered on their telephone in Makati branch is not customer oriented or friendly.
Clue he is a man...definitely not MS. LEYDEN OR MS. AURA BLACK! I salute to these two women of JAC!!!

Ms. Leyden sorry...I havent had a time to drop at your office to bring the pichi-pichi.  ;D

Patience Bro baka miscommunication lang yan...last time kasi Fed ex din yung shipment ko and after it was received from their NY office, 3 days ONLY...I GOT THE PACKAGE ALREADY!  :D

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 10, 2003 at 07:58 PM »
miss. leyden is definitely the best among them. she even called to check how i appreciated their service even if didnt have a pending delivery.

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Apr 12, 2003 at 12:14 PM »
If you got complaints, I suggest you contact Ms. Leyden. She is very accomodating and very friendly. Even small requests and mistakes she takes into consideration.

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Apr 12, 2003 at 12:47 PM »
i finally got my package ms.aura fixed it up for me  ;D

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Apr 12, 2003 at 01:55 PM »
miss. leyden is definitely the best among them. she even called to check how i appreciated their service even if didnt have a pending delivery.

SUPER SUPER FRIENDLY YAN!  :D

Panis si Sandra Bullock sa Miss CONGENIALITY! ;D

Offline mamyel

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Apr 16, 2003 at 10:27 AM »
is aura black still in JAC?

heya YAB, sent u an email!!!  ;D

Offline Mrs. T

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SALABABIZ !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Apr 16, 2003 at 09:21 PM »
Panis si Sandra Bullock sa Miss CONGENIALITY! ;D

Hey, she's still the love of my life...   ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Apr 30, 2003 at 01:28 AM »
Used the services of Johnny Air again and like always super reliable sila and got my discounted rates siyempre because of being a member here at pinoydvd.

Wala pang one week, i got my stuff na.

Thanks to Leiden <--- that's the correct spelling pala. Leiden really takes that extra step to make their customers feel special. Wala ako masasabi except MABUHAY si Leiden !!!!  ;D

They are really super nice at Johnny Air even the people in greenbelt mababait din  :)
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2003 at 11:23 AM »
Mali pala spelling ko...sorry Leiden!

Ms. Aura Black....i-promote niyo na si Leiden, she's your all-time OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE OF JAC!  :D

Offline moonshine

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jun 26, 2003 at 10:02 AM »
does anyone know if they have an office in china? need to have a package sent from there to manila kasi.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jun 26, 2003 at 10:34 AM »
moonshine,
from what i know, johnny air operates 2 offices in the us, one in new york and the other in los angeles.

Offline Mephisto

• Apprentice
  • Watch more TV
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jun 26, 2003 at 12:11 PM »
Anybody know the rate per pound Johnny Air Charges for DVD shipments?  Is there a limit to the number of DVDs that can be shipped?  Is there some sort of handling or processing fee?

Thanks!

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jun 26, 2003 at 08:42 PM »
If you tell them that you are a member of pinoyDVD they will give you a special price - lower than their normal charges BUT you have to contact them first so that they can make an account for you OTHERWISE they might charge you the normal rates so call them first before you order anything.

When I signed up with them, these are the rates that they gave me.

$ 5.50/lb PLUS 5.00 / shipment and handling fee

Give them a call just to be sure.

Johnny Air is super reliable and you can really count on them PLUS the people who work there are really professionals and are so easy to talk with. I have been using their services over and over again and I have never been disappointed.

Offline hubes

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #113 on: Jun 29, 2003 at 11:56 PM »
If you tell them that you are a member of pinoyDVD they will give you a special price - lower than their normal charges BUT you have to contact them first so that they can make an account for you OTHERWISE they might charge you the normal rates so call them first before you order anything.

When I signed up with them, these are the rates that they gave me.

$ 5.50/lb PLUS 5.00 / shipment and handling fee

Give them a call just to be sure.

Johnny Air is super reliable and you can really count on them PLUS the people who work there are really professionals and are so easy to talk with. I have been using their services over and over again and I have never been disappointed.

Hi. What is the special price for pinoydvd?

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 07:05 AM »
Hi. What is the special price for pinoydvd?

$ 5.50/lb PLUS 5.00 / shipment and handling fee <-- yan na po yon :)
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2003 at 07:06 AM by diver »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 11:10 AM »
Experienced my first glitch with Johnnie Air.

Ordered two CDs and one DVD from amazon.
Shipping cost P1100.
I had it re-weighed and the weight was wrong.
Cost was brought down to P800.

Ordered 6 DVDs from amazon.
Shipping cost P800.

What gives, I ask? No one , to this day, has given me a credible answer.

Oh well.

Will still keep using em, though. They are extremely reliable and they are extremely nice. But I wish glitches like this would be  extremely rare.
« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2003 at 11:27 AM by X44 »

Offline hubes

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #116 on: Jun 30, 2003 at 12:15 PM »
$ 5.50/lb PLUS 5.00 / shipment and handling fee <-- yan na po yon :)

Have you tried their service? Around how much is the shipping cost per dvd? Let's say 10 single disc.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jul 02, 2003 at 10:37 AM »
hubes , check your PM nalang pls  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2003 at 10:37 AM by diver »

Offline Roby

• Apprentice
  • Llama I am!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 03, 2003 at 02:48 PM »
I used JAC's services twice this month, and I find their rates quite reasonable.  Freight charges for 5 DVDs from DVDEmpire came out to Php 565 or Php 113 per disk; freight charges for 5 DVDs from Amazon came out to P695 or Php 139 per disk.  The difference?  Amazon packs them in large heavy boxes which contribute to the freight as you pay by weight.

By the way, the rates I pay are special rates granted to PinoyDVD members by JAC.    

Offline jegiwong

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 08, 2003 at 09:01 AM »
Recently, I have a bad experience with DeepdiscountDVD, but a good experience with Johnny Air.
I have made an order of 10 DVDs. Unfortunately, two DVDs are backorder and will be shipped 1 week later.
In order to fully utilise the courier charge with Johnny Air, I add another order of 4 DVD's and request DDD to ship together. At the end, they ship the two backorder items separately. So, all in all, there are four shipment (8 DVDs, 1 DVD, 1 DVD and 4 DVDs).
I send e-mail to Leiden to ask for consideration. She calls me up and tells me that they would charge me handling charge of US$5 only once, instead of US$5 handling charge for each shipment. So, I would save US$15, although they still have US$5.5 minimum one pound charge for each shipment.
Johnny Air has really good service, especially Leiden, super friendly. Highly recommended!