Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 390669 times)

Offline bunkieboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:johnny air
« Reply #30 on: Oct 10, 2002 at 09:48 PM »
anybody use the service lately? i am planning to use them for my next batch of dvds. want to make sure first though

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Oct 11, 2002 at 12:30 PM »
bunkieboy,
i been using the service for a couple of months already.
The people are very friendly. The only problem with their service is that they have a minimum of 1 pound ($5.5) and a service charge of $5 per order so if you order only 1 DVD it would be too expensive. But once you order a lot of titles, it would be alot cheaper compared to MyUSmailbox.  
So for my next order i'm goruping them all together to minimize on shipping costs.
Another good thing with them is there is no membership fee like with myusamailbox, so you are not pressured to order.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2002 at 07:32 PM »
downtown,

that means, at the very least, you spend an additional US$10.50 (or close to P600) for every order?  hmm, you're right, will be worth it if you order more than 1 DVD.  Tried using my weighing scale, 1 lb = 3-5 DVDs.

Thanks for the input.   :)

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Oct 11, 2002 at 11:51 PM »
bunkieboy,
i been using the service for a couple of months already.
The people are very friendly. The only problem with their service is that they have a minimum of 1 pound ($5.5) and a service charge of $5 per order so if you order only 1 DVD it would be too expensive. But once you order a lot of titles, it would be alot cheaper compared to MyUSmailbox.  
So for my next order i'm goruping them all together to minimize on shipping costs.
Another good thing with them is there is no membership fee like with myusamailbox, so you are not pressured to order.

thanks! by the way how many regular dvds make a pound?

Offline downtown

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 08:52 AM »
bunkieboy, tonedeaf,
The weight of the DVD is also dependent on packaging since this is also part of the package. So it comes comes at about 3 to 4 DVDs per pound.

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 04:48 PM »
 ;D

Any developments on the tie-up?

Offline Homeland

• Kapitan
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: Oct 14, 2002 at 05:37 PM »
It won't be happening anytime soon due to some unforseen complications that came up. You can however, contact Johnny Air directly and they'll gladly give you all the information you need.

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 21, 2002 at 06:31 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Thanks for the info!

Offline cabletekkie

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 08:28 AM »

bunkie,

based on my experience, about 3 regular dvds plus the packaging material is charged as 1lb...

para masulit ang handling charge, i suggest get more dvds  ;D tapos sell to us, at a good price, here at pinoydvd hahaha  ;D

well, i just hope packaging will not differ that much...:) so far i have noticed, DDD  packages it quite slim.

good luck

Offline jimmylr

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 09:13 AM »

bunkie,

based on my experience, about 3 regular dvds plus the packaging material is charged as 1lb...

para masulit ang handling charge, i suggest get more dvds  ;D tapos sell to us, at a good price, here at pinoydvd hahaha  ;D

well, i just hope packaging will not differ that much...:) so far i have noticed, DDD  packages it quite slim.

good luck

Since 2 disk are heavier than the single disk title. Is the 3 DVD per pound you are referring contains 2 disk each?
Please reply.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Oct 22, 2002 at 08:48 PM »
ang problem sa deepdiscountdvd is that they tend to run out of stock when they actually deliver your order which makes them split your order up. remember that johnny air has a min charge of $10.5 per package. i learned that the hard way.

Offline cabletekkie

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 05:14 AM »

ooops, i was just referring to regular single disk dvds... :) yup, it has to be noted some titles may come in 2 disc edition...or maybe special inserts that might make the pkg heavier

i think somewhere in these threads is a posting with average wieght of 1, 2, 3 or more regular dvds...

daigoro,

policy ba talaga ng DDD yung split shpmt? i have not encountered such yet... buti na lang!

di kaya puede bigyan instruction not to ship unless complete? :) ...sana

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 23, 2002 at 09:19 PM »
yup, happened to my last 2 shipments with them even if the status is available when i order, they sometimes run out of stock and split my order

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 05, 2002 at 10:02 PM »
Just used Johnny Air's service, here's my review.  Also cross-posted this in the DVDEmpire thread.

as previously stated, i ordered Brazil: Criterion Collection, (the 3-disc edition), for US$43.37 (41.97+1.40shipping) last 24 October 2002.  The next day, I received an email asking me to fax or email a copy of my credit card and credit card statement.  I complied last 26 October 2002, a Saturday.  They don't have customer service on saturdays and sundays, so they processed my order and shipped it on 28 October 2002.  

My order arrived here in the Philippines, in great condition through Johnny Air.  Learned of its arrival today, 5 November 2002.  The 3-disc DVD weighed 1.3 lbs, important for Johnny Air which charges US$5.50 per lb., and US$5.00 for handling.  Picked it up, and paid P648.81 (US$12.15 broken down as follows: 7.15 (for the 1.3 lb 3-disc DVD) + 5 (handling fee)).

In sum, I give good marks to DVDEmpire for good customer service (except on weekends) and pretty fast shipping. All in all, got my order in about 12 days, which is not bad.  I think it may have shipped earlier but I was out of town since last thursday and arrived only yesterday so... Prices are ok, not the lowest, but ok especially for Criterions.  No free shipping though, although they only charged a minimal amount (US$1.40).

I also like Johnny Air's service, no problem dealing with their staff (head office and greenbelt branch), though their rates are a tad expensive.  As you will be incurring a minimum of US$10.50 in shipping, I suggest you buy 2-3 DVDs para sulit, and you scout for the lowest online prices using DVDPriceSearch and the like.   Per my experience, 2-3 DVDs would be about 1 lb, but if you buy 2-disc special editions (for example, Pulp Fiction CE), 2 of those would probably weigh more than 1 lb.  I think.   ::)

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 06:54 AM »
that's a very convincing feedback....if u don't mind, can you post their contact nos and exact location for both branches?...am very much interested...do they handle other things (electronic gadgets, palm accesories etc.) too beside DVDs?...are the rates still the same?...would relaly apprecaite it..

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 11:44 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

so ganun pala.  prorated din yung per pound nila.  so it doesn't mean na paglagpas ng isang pound eh you have to pay another US$5.50.  additional of 5 dollars for the handling lang.  which is already okey. considering na you don't have to pay taxes and everything.  

thanks for all the info guys especially to mareng tonedeaf ;)

will try this johnny air cargo.  greenbelt right?

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 04:09 PM »
morpheus,

i suggest you email aura black first, or call their head office 817-0781 or 817-2854 and look for Ms. Black or Leyden. Be sure to say that you are a pinoydvd member because in the email they sent me, mas mataas by a dollar or so ang rates kung hindi pinoydvd member.  Am not sure if the distinction applies until now.  

They will inform you of the things you need to do to be included in their client list. Tapos, you will just call them up or email them if you have an incoming shipment.

pjayg,

their greenbelt branch is in the 2nd floor, beside Subway and Mario's Kitchen.  but see above first.  

if you scan the earlier posts in this thread, i seem to recall someone posting that they use johnny air even for electronics.  i believe that different rates will be applied however, the rates i mentioned are only for DVDs.  you can clarify with johhny air.

I suggest also that all prospective users of johnny air's services check out the lowest online prices of the DVDs they are interested in, add at least US$10.50, and compare the total to the prices quoted by the sellers in Marketplace. Sometimes, halos pareho lang.  

Offline Geoffrey

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 04:56 PM »
morpheus,

i suggest you email aura black first, or call their head office 817-0781 or 817-2854 and look for Ms. Black or Leyden. Be sure to say that you are a pinoydvd member because in the email they sent me, mas mataas by a dollar or so ang rates kung hindi pinoydvd member.  Am not sure if the distinction applies until now.  

They will inform you of the things you need to do to be included in their client list. Tapos, you will just call them up or email them if you have an incoming shipment.

pjayg,

their greenbelt branch is in the 2nd floor, beside Subway and Mario's Kitchen.  but see above first.  

if you scan the earlier posts in this thread, i seem to recall someone posting that they use johnny air even for electronics.  i believe that different rates will be applied however, the rates i mentioned are only for DVDs.  you can clarify with johhny air.

I suggest also that all prospective users of johnny air's services check out the lowest online prices of the DVDs they are interested in, add at least US$10.50, and compare the total to the prices quoted by the sellers in Marketplace. Sometimes, halos pareho lang.  

Hi tonedeaf,

Do we have to call them everytime we have an incoming shipment? What will happen kung nakalimutan mo sila i-inform?
Worried lang ako dahil meron shipment parating na at on the way na to Johny air but I forgot to inform them ???

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Nov 06, 2002 at 07:27 PM »
Geoffrey,

So long as you are an existing client, and you addressed the shipment as "Geoffrey c/o Aura Black", then i forsee no problem.  Kahit padating or dumating na ang shipment mo in Johnny Air NY, just give their main branch here in Manila a call or email them.  

:)

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Nov 07, 2002 at 06:52 AM »
tonedef:

:D thanx for the info!i hope i finally find a hassle-free way of getting stuff from abroad...

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Nov 07, 2002 at 04:02 PM »
Johnny Air is giving myUSmailbox tough competition eh!  :D :D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Nov 22, 2002 at 04:06 PM »
morpheus,

pjayg,

thanks for the info mareng tonedeaf ;)

Offline rcdiugun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 02:43 PM »
How can I avail of the Johnny Air's promo to PinoyDVD members?

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #53 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 02:51 PM »
Just give them a call and tell them you're a member. They'll send you a proposal with the adjusted rate.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline kimera

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 05:05 PM »
guys..could you share here JAC's email add, id like to inquire about their services too

thanks

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 07:14 PM »
guys..could you share here JAC's email add, id like to inquire about their services too

thanks

[email protected]

Just address it to Aura Black or Leyden ... They are very nice at Johnny Air  :)
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 07:45 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

finally!!  emailed them after reading diver's posting!  Thanks!

Offline kimera

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 05, 2002 at 09:00 PM »

thanks

[email protected]

Just address it to Aura Black or Leyden ... They are very nice at Johnny Air  :)

thanks
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2002 at 09:02 PM by kimera »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Dec 09, 2002 at 08:17 PM »

bunkie,

good luck

How about if the dvd's are from amazon.com?
Their packaging is bulky.  ???
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2002 at 08:24 PM by keating »

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Dec 09, 2002 at 11:43 PM »
problem with amazon is they normally split up your shipment which means multiple packages. add the minimum handling of $5 per package and your savings are gone. johnny air is ok but be careful about the company you order from, had bad experiences with amazon (1 order into 2 packages) and deepdiscountdvd (1 order into 3 packages) with the latter doing it to me twice. don't order from them anymore regardless of their prices as they are more expensive if you add the charges