Author Topic: Johnny Air  (Read 390644 times)

Offline krijtin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Johnny Air
« Reply #1230 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 12:08 PM »
Okay so I found out that JAC charges $25 consolidation fee. JAC suggested that instead of paying for consolidation fee, I just have the items delivered individually. I have 7 really small items (shirt, bracelet charm, vitamins, two watches, and an mp3 player) which will be delivered within 2 weeks spread and I figured it might be better to just have them consolidated.

Paano ba ang pricing scheme nila? On top of the per pound charge, they do charge handling fee and delivery fee of $10. One time charge lang ba ang $10 na to or per item? The handling fee, if I got it right, is per shipment right?

If I opted to ship the items individually, sobrang lugi ako. Yung bracelet charm for example, wala pang 1 pound yun. Then they will round it off to 2 lbs diba kasi it's the minimum. Tapos may handling fee na $5. Then my delivery fee na $10. Ang mahal na agad, isang item pa lang.

Natatakot na ko ah, baka mataga ako nito.  :-[
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 at 12:09 PM by krijtin »

Offline kenobi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1231 on: Dec 04, 2011 at 08:52 PM »
Okay so I found out that JAC charges $25 consolidation fee. JAC suggested that instead of paying for consolidation fee, I just have the items delivered individually. I have 7 really small items (shirt, bracelet charm, vitamins, two watches, and an mp3 player) which will be delivered within 2 weeks spread and I figured it might be better to just have them consolidated.

Paano ba ang pricing scheme nila? On top of the per pound charge, they do charge handling fee and delivery fee of $10. One time charge lang ba ang $10 na to or per item? The handling fee, if I got it right, is per shipment right?

If I opted to ship the items individually, sobrang lugi ako. Yung bracelet charm for example, wala pang 1 pound yun. Then they will round it off to 2 lbs diba kasi it's the minimum. Tapos may handling fee na $5. Then my delivery fee na $10. Ang mahal na agad, isang item pa lang.

I believe the minimum weight for PinoyDVD member is still 1lb not 2lbs. Better talk to them directly, i'm sure they will explain it you nicely :)
« Last Edit: Dec 04, 2011 at 08:53 PM by kenobi »

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1232 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
Hi krijtin!

Kenobi was right, still our minimum weight is 1lb for PDVD members.Let me clear, our consolidation fee of $25.00 is per week that's why i suggested instead we consolidate your packages we send it individually to minimize you shipping cost.

Our $5.00 handling fee/per shipment is for pick up Makati or Megamall and $10.00 delivery within Metro Manila only. You may call below contact nos if you have questions and i will be of help :)

Thank you.

regards,
Myla Carmen Rosario L. Ballesteros
Johnny Air-Corporate
L/G flr CJV bldg 108 Aguirre St.
Legaspi Village, Makati City
Tel: 8172989/8137227
Mobile:0917-8163132/0922-8348167
Alternate email add: [email protected]/[email protected]

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1233 on: Dec 05, 2011 at 04:18 PM »
Hi krijtin!

Kenobi was right, still our minimum weight is 1lb for PDVD members.Let me clear, our consolidation fee of $25.00 is per week that's why i suggested instead we consolidate your packages we send it individually to minimize you shipping cost.

Our $5.00 handling fee/per shipment is for pick up Makati or Megamall and $10.00 delivery within Metro Manila only. You may call below contact nos if you have questions and i will be of help :)

Thank you.

regards,
Myla Carmen Rosario L. Ballesteros
Johnny Air-Corporate
L/G flr CJV bldg 108 Aguirre St.
Legaspi Village, Makati City
Tel: 8172989/8137227
Mobile:0917-8163132/0922-8348167
Alternate email add: [email protected]/[email protected]

Hi Ma'am,

For clarification, does the 5.00$ handling fee/per shipment same as 5.00$ handling fee per item/package? Thanks :)

Offline YAB

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1234 on: Dec 09, 2011 at 09:07 AM »
Hi!

Our $5.00 handling fee per item/shipment, but if your multiple packages arrived on the same week we will only charge you one handling fee.

thanks,
Mhy

Offline sausuke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1235 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 10:44 AM »
tanong ko lang wala na bang discount pag pinoydvd member.. nag email ako pero sabi no need for registration daw...  :'( tapos ganun pa din yung shipping fee

Shop-online Rates

Personal Effects (Minimum of 2 lbs.)

$5.99 / lb + $5 for handling fee

Electronics and Other Taxable items(Minimum of 2 lbs.)

$6.50 / lb + $5 for handling fee

It takes 5-7 days.

Always have a 12%VAT.

help naman po...

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1236 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
what's the 12% VAT? 12% ba un ng price ng per item? bukod pa un sa /lb at handling fee ng JAC?

Offline sausuke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1237 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 11:53 AM »
what's the 12% VAT? 12% ba un ng price ng per item? bukod pa un sa /lb at handling fee ng JAC?

AFAIK sa total weight yun kasama di per item... based to sa resibo dati nung bumili ako electronics...

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1238 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
AFAIK sa total weight yun kasama di per item... based to sa resibo dati nung bumili ako electronics...

bro, pde mo ba mabgay kung paano computation ng 12% VAT na yan.. kac my sister purchased lots of items sa amazon and she uses JAC.

Offline sonnysin168

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1239 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 04:09 PM »
The VAT they are charging is 12% of (freight+handling).

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1240 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 12:19 PM »
JAC need to fully clarify their pricing structure because at the moment it is a real mess. Recently I had 2 shipments received within 2 days (Cars 2 and Star War Saga) I was charged 2X shipment fees of $5 each. Now it is clear that I should have only been charged one fee. They also tried to charge 2lb minimum.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline siennagold

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1241 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
There's a fee pala for consolidation?  I thought they can consolidate 2 packages to reach the 2 lb limit - for free? It's a good thing I just have it consolidated in a friend's house who lives in the US. She puts all my items in one box and ships the box to JAC-NY. However the box ends up 6 lbs.  :P

I wonder if there is a service wherein I order a balikbayan box from JAC and then I can just fill it up with all the items I buy ( with an option that I could fill it up within 3 months or so) - before they ship it to Manila? Meron bang ganon?

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1242 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 07:29 PM »
JAC need to fully clarify their pricing structure because at the moment it is a real mess. Recently I had 2 shipments received within 2 days (Cars 2 and Star War Saga) I was charged 2X shipment fees of $5 each. Now it is clear that I should have only been charged one fee. They also tried to charge 2lb minimum.

It's obvious that JAC hasn't automated their system yet. They are issuing standard invoices that show the minimum weight as two pounds and handling fee for every package.

You should tell the JAC person in charge that you are a PDVD member (so the minimum will be 1 lb). In case you received two or more packages within 1 week, when claiming the later package/s, tell him/her that you have already paid the handling fee for the previous package. This is what I ALWAYS check at JAC Megamall. Their supervisor Pacing will revise the invoice as soon as he sees me (because I use JAC a lot).

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1243 on: Dec 17, 2011 at 07:32 PM »
Forgot to add, this is the season of delay, because of shipping overload in all similar companies everywhere. Kundi lang Pasko, I will surely hate this season for my shipment delay!

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1244 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 03:57 PM »
Kaunting delay lang pala. I will get my two packages tomorrow. Actually JAC is faster compared to same period last year.

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1245 on: Dec 19, 2011 at 04:18 PM »
Got my package last Saturday and only noticed now that I was charged $6.50/lb for my BDs and vitamins.  >:(

Unless they again increased the posted $5.99 to $6.50 for PDVD members.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2011 at 04:19 PM by frootloops »

Offline mikz023

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1246 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 03:13 AM »
Got my package last Saturday and only noticed now that I was charged $6.50/lb for my BDs and vitamins.  >:(

Unless they again increased the posted $5.99 to $6.50 for PDVD members.

My sister got her package last saturday and JAC charged her $5.99/lb since she is a PDVD member. I wonder why they charged you $6.50.  ???

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1247 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:35 AM »
You have to check the invoice, and point out to the man in charge if: 1.) the PDVD rate per lb wasn't followed, b.) if you are charged handling fee more than once for multiple packages that were shipped within one week of each other (remember that if they erred in 1.) and 2.) your VAT will be affected too). As I've posted before, they are not automated yet...

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #1248 on: Dec 20, 2011 at 09:05 PM »
My sister got her package last saturday and JAC charged her $5.99/lb since she is a PDVD member. I wonder why they charged you $6.50.  ???

I know Paciano and Rolly and I am assuming they very well know me as well since the other "new" guy asked for an ID and either Paciano or Rolly waived the other guys request and said "okay na yan si sir". Guess my assumption is wrong.  Dati kasi automatic na...anyway next time hindi na sila makakalusot.

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1249 on: Dec 21, 2011 at 11:31 PM »
I was fortunate enough to receive a credit for my overpayment. I used it for my last delivery. I was also fortunate that of all the packages due to arrive that day only mine and a couple others actually did. Due to offloading by the Chinese.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1250 on: Dec 22, 2011 at 02:43 PM »
After initially advised that my items shipped on 19 December will be a bit delayed, I was informed a while ago by the ever helpful and vivacious Myla (aka the JAC angel) that they actually just arrived and that I should get them tomorrow. Wonderful news indeed and my Christmas will be now be complete!

These include the recent Audio Fidelity gold cd release of the self titled and debut album of Crosby, Stills & Nash (acclaimed as the best version ever, mastered by Steve Hoffman) and the rare 1980's Mobile Fidelity aluminum cd Sittin' In, Kenny Loggins with Jim Messina.

Thanks JAC and the all the hardworking folks out there. You all deserve a raise!

And most of all Merry Christmas!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2011 at 02:51 PM by sonnysin168 »

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1251 on: Dec 25, 2011 at 10:28 AM »
Got my cds alright in pristine condition. A nice Christmas present for me!

Offline sausuke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1252 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 08:26 PM »
ilang days ba kadalasan dating from NY to Philippines....

December 23 daw naisama sa shipment so ilang araw o ETA dating dito sa pinas??

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #1253 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 08:31 PM »
ilang days ba kadalasan dating from NY to Philippines....

December 23 daw naisama sa shipment so ilang araw o ETA dating dito sa pinas??

Usually between 4 to 7 days.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline sausuke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1254 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 12:33 AM »
Usually between 4 to 7 days.

thanks thanks try ko na contakin Johnny Air baka nandyan na...

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1255 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
I was wondering why they rounded off the items I bought to 1 lb each then charged me accordingly. Akala ko kasi, titimbangin nila lahat tapos kung ano yung total weight, yun na yun. So ang nangyari yung .5 lb na item, 1 lb agad. So parang napamahal ako compared so inexpect ko. I was charged 2.6k+ for my recent package. Times two ang handling fee because 1 item arrived earlier as expected so napasama na agad sa susunod na flight. Okay na din since nakatipid ako sa watch. :)

I called them up just now to clarify on the weigh issue. What happened in my case was that my items came from different sellers in Amazon. That's the time when they will round up the weight. I also found out that they allow a maximum of three (3) items per seller per invoice. Now I understand na. :)

Offline sausuke

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1256 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:00 PM »
I was wondering why they rounded off the items I bought to 1 lb each then charged me accordingly. Akala ko kasi, titimbangin nila lahat tapos kung ano yung total weight, yun na yun. So ang nangyari yung .5 lb na item, 1 lb agad. So parang napamahal ako compared so inexpect ko. I was charged 2.6k+ for my recent package. Times two ang handling fee because 1 item arrived earlier as expected so napasama na agad sa susunod na flight. Okay na din since nakatipid ako sa watch. :)

I called them up just now to clarify on the weigh issue. What happened in my case was that my items came from different sellers in Amazon. That's the time when they will round up the weight. I also found out that they allow a maximum of three (3) items per seller per invoice. Now I understand na. :)

wow buti nakuha mo na.. ako kinokontak ko sila thru text ayaw magreply.. yung una kong kinontack si mam aura ang bilis ng sagot then nirefer nya ako sa number na eto 09176265615.. gusto ko lang nama malaman kung nandyan na item  :'(

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #1257 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 01:48 PM »
wow buti nakuha mo na.. ako kinokontak ko sila thru text ayaw magreply.. yung una kong kinontack si mam aura ang bilis ng sagot then nirefer nya ako sa number na eto 09176265615.. gusto ko lang nama malaman kung nandyan na item  :'(

You have to be a little patient since this time of the year is peak season.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline krijtin

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1258 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 09:43 PM »

Call them directly sa landline. Look for Ms. Myla. Based naman sa last transaction ko, she's responsive naman. Good luck! Dadating din yan. :)

I'm ordering a lens and a book. Yung lens (20mm f/1.7 prime lens) nasa very, very small box lang siya. I talked to someone who ordered it from Amazon and had it shipped here via JAC. He said around P630 lang binayaran niya because of the light weight and small box dimension. Sana ganun din sa kin. :)

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #1259 on: Dec 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM »
I emailed this to Aura last Dec. 22 but so far no reply and no package.  I've already received 3 other packages that were delivered at JAC-NJ after this package. I'm posting this here in the hope that YAB will take notice ;).  I realize it's a busy time for them.  

Aura;

Hello maam.  I need a little help tracking this long delayed shipment from Amazon.com:

Delivered in NJ Nov. 21, 2011 9:35AM, signed for by Lai, UPS # 1Z7R1E160306331930.  It's just a couple of Blue-ray discs so its a small package.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL