Author Topic: ELEKTRIKA KASI EH  (Read 33473 times)

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: ELEKTRIKA KASI EH
« Reply #30 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 12:51 AM »

It's FPJ like what X44 mentioned unless you're referring to the 1997 flick directed by Cirio H. Santiago and starred Tom Taus as Pedring. :)

FPJ played the role of a policeman. Bruno (forgot the surname) was the evil uncle (or stepfather) and the kid was played by the very young Ace Vergel.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #31 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 12:55 AM »
Along with FPJ, the other actor was the late Ronald Remy. They were soldiers who were brought to the island when the bird beast started wreaking havoc. If I remember correctly, ang ganda pa ng prologue nung movie. I think it started with a map of the Philippines and how there used to be an island at the eastern part of luzon and that the island was destroyed because of events that happened there -- this was the jump off point for the story of "anak ng bulkan". What I can't remember is the name of the bird. Ace Vergel gave the bird a name.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2007 at 01:00 AM by indie boi »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 01:17 AM »
Had to get out of bed to post again. The name of the bird was Goliat!

Could it be possible this movie still exists in the FPJ vaults?

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 01:34 AM »

Quote from: Quitacet posted today at 12:51AM
FPJ played the role of a policeman. Bruno (forgot the surname) was the evil uncle (or stepfather) and the kid was played by the very young Ace Vergel.

I stand corrected Quitacet. FPJ was in the movie but was not the lead. Mas tumatak sa isipan ko si SUPERGIRL. :D

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 08:06 AM »

i hope so. I remember watching this in the afternoons during the 80s along with Sanggol Putik.
We kids thought  this was titled Goliat after the bird's name.
Sanggol Putik was the first horror movie i saw. I can still remember how this film scared me when i was a kid.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 08:11 AM »
If memory serves me right, di ata si FPJ ang bida dun sa Anak Ng Bulkan.  Kindly correct me if I'm wrong on this.

About Elektrika, wala na ba talagang good copy na makukuha?

Channel 13 has the umatic copy of the movie, but almost all of their collection was burned after the Edsa Revolution. Sayang talaga.

I think the film director is still around.......Danny Cabreira.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2007 at 08:13 AM by keating »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 09:30 AM »
The tapes were burned during Edsa '86? Bro, ano yung circumstances kung bakit nasunog yung archives nila? I don't remember reading that in the news or in accounts of the siege in Broadcast City.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 09:53 AM »
i hope so. I remember watching this in the afternoons during the 80s along with Sanggol Putik.
We kids thought  this was titled Goliat after the bird's name.
Sanggol Putik was the first horror movie i saw. I can still remember how this film scared me when i was a kid.

Sanggol Putik p[ala title nun. Ito ba yung may batang tinapon sa sapa tapos naging monster?

This was part of an anthology , if I remember. The first story was about some guy with an anting-anting that made him impervious to bullets and the second was about a woman who hits-and-runs a man that coems back to haunt her, later "borrowed" for Creepshow 2.

I was pretty scared by this ,too. :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 09:54 AM »
I'm not really sure of the main reason but it was burned indie. During the Edsa Revolt yata so that people will not procede to the area after the people got already channel 4.

ELEKTRIKA falls also under Science Fiction genre. Its low-budget and cheap, cardboard props, Trixia's costume is foil wrap in gold and plastic gadgets. Silly, silly ideas but that's make it a pure fun and hilarious to watch!

Time to sleuth for a copy and contact Danny Cabreira and Douglas Quijano.  :D
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2007 at 10:07 AM by keating »

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 10:31 AM »
Sanggol Putik p[ala title nun. Ito ba yung may batang tinapon sa sapa tapos naging monster?

This was part of an anthology , if I remember. The first story was about some guy with an anting-anting that made him impervious to bullets and the second was about a woman who hits-and-runs a man that coems back to haunt her, later "borrowed" for Creepshow 2.

I was pretty scared by this ,too. :)

Oo Sanggol Putik. Itinapon ang sanggol sa isang tila kumunoy/putikan pagkapanganak sa kanya at somehow lumaki siya sa ilalim ng putik at umahon siya para maghiganti.

Natatak ito sa isip ko dahil nga sa sobrang takot ko sa Sanggol Putik. LIving in the province and in the 80s where putik is part of everyday things I saw made me really scared of a the creature.

Of course in today's standards, Sanggol Putik would look like a man covered in melted chocolate. ;D

Another movie which I barely remember is about a giant lizard/gecko, and if I'm not mistaken it's Tuko sa Madre Kakaw. ???

Offline Swiss Knife

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 12:42 PM »
I was with a group of friends some time back, iba't ibang age group, pero lahat kami nakaukit na sa utak ang higanteng palaka ,ang pagkamatay ni Ike Lozada at ang kanyang tsinelas all from the Pinky Montilla Supergirl. ;D

I remember this particular scene quite well.  It made me cry especially when Ike Lozada crawled all the way to the church tapos hinalikan yung crucifix before he died.  Of course, who would forget Odette Khan as the "mad scientist" and her son portrayed by Walter Navarro.   :D

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 02:14 PM »
Of course in today's standards, Sanggol Putik would look like a man covered in melted chocolate. ;D

With a gaping hole for a mouth and what looks like stockings for hands. Hehe. Pero ako din, natakot nang husto dito nung bata ako.  :)

Another movie which I barely remember is about a giant lizard/gecko, and if I'm not mistaken it's Tuko sa Madre Kakaw. ???

Yeah, our version of Godzilla, sort of. Takot pa naman ako sa tuko noon. Hehe.

Does anybody remember a movie called Taong Bato?

I want to watch this again. It starts out as a typical horror movie about a group of teenagers in Baguio (?)who see a mound come to life into a man-shaped stone who proceeds to kidnap one of them (a girl, of course) than walks all over what looked like the whole country with the girl slung over its back and the cops couldn't do anything but watch  - - -and sometimes hand over pandesal and drinks to the captive. Then, at the last minute, it becomes a superhero movie when this Batman/Spiderman hybrid called gagamba is called to help out. Bizarre, to say the least.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 02:16 PM »

I remember this particular scene quite well.  It made me cry especially when Ike Lozada crawled all the way to the church tapos hinalikan yung crucifix before he died.  Of course, who would forget Odette Khan as the "mad scientist" and her son portrayed by Walter Navarro.   :D

Naiyak din ako noon. Hehe.

Jdelacruz and I were discussing some time back how Odette Khan should be given a new life in indie films., more meatier roles than just her usual villainesses, I think she can hack it. Medyo iconic na yan and mahusay naman lumabas. Sayang nga wala ni Ramon Zamora.

Offline Swiss Knife

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 05:51 PM »
With a gaping hole for a mouth and what looks like stockings for hands. Hehe. Pero ako din, natakot nang husto dito nung bata ako.  :)

Yeah, our version of Godzilla, sort of. Takot pa naman ako sa tuko noon. Hehe.

Does anybody remember a movie called Taong Bato?

I want to watch this again. It starts out as a typical horror movie about a group of teenagers in Baguio (?)who see a mound come to life into a man-shaped stone who proceeds to kidnap one of them (a girl, of course) than walks all over what looked like the whole country with the girl slung over its back and the cops couldn't do anything but watch  - - -and sometimes hand over pandesal and drinks to the captive. Then, at the last minute, it becomes a superhero movie when this Batman/Spiderman hybrid called gagamba is called to help out. Bizarre, to say the least.

I remember this Tuko movie as well.   ;D  But this time, the "mad scientist" was played by Vic Diaz. 

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 06:06 PM »

I remember this particular scene quite well.  It made me cry especially when Ike Lozada crawled all the way to the church tapos hinalikan yung crucifix before he died.  Of course, who would forget Odette Khan as the "mad scientist" and her son portrayed by Walter Navarro.   :D

Is this the film where Ike Lozada became a giant with a Barok-sense of fashion?

I remember this Tuko movie as well.   ;D  But this time, the "mad scientist" was played by Vic Diaz. 

Yeah, parang naaalala ko nga na nandun si Vic Diaz. Is there another version of the movie?

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 01:35 AM »

Nice. :) SANGGOL PUTIK, TUKO and TAONG BATO = interesting! You kind of remember some of them when someone reminds you there exists that kind of movies. Filipino movies really has a way of conjuring up stories that tickles people's fascination with mythology and the obscure. Just talking about them made it more exciting to watch those movies again. Kung tutuusin may mga counterpart noon pa ang mga pinoy sa mga pelikulang Hollywood na mostly e unintentional. Minsan, tayo pa ang unang nakakaisip ng ideya.

Offline Swiss Knife

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 08:10 AM »
Is this the film where Ike Lozada became a giant with a Barok-sense of fashion?

Yeah, parang naaalala ko nga na nandun si Vic Diaz. Is there another version of the movie?

No, you're thinking of Darna and the Giants.   :)  Ike Lozada died in that movie too. And if I'm not mistaken, Darna (Vilma Santos) dropped a huge church bell on his face.  ;D  I believe there were four (?) giant villains and one of them was Jun Papa, a former PBA player.  I should know kasi ninong ko siya.  :D  Anyway,  I really don't know if there was another version of this Tuko thingy.

Offline jdv1229

• DVD Guru
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 09:31 AM »
there were actually five giants in the movie... Zandro Zamora, Divina Valencia, Max Alvarado Cesar Ramirez and Ike Lozada.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007 at 09:52 AM by Jojo Devera »

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 09:54 AM »

No, you're thinking of Darna and the Giants.   :)  Ike Lozada died in that movie too. And if I'm not mistaken, Darna (Vilma Santos) dropped a huge church bell on his face.  ;D  I believe there were four (?) giant villains and one of them was Jun Papa, a former PBA player.  I should know kasi ninong ko siya.  :D  Anyway,  I really don't know if there was another version of this Tuko thingy.

Yes I was talking/asking about a Darna movie with Ike Lozada.

The Tuko movie is a different thing. I just made use of two quotes in one post.

Now I remember that scene with the bell.

Offline Swiss Knife

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:54 AM »
there were actually five giants in the movie... Zandro Zamora, Divina Valencia, Max Alvarado Cesar Ramirez and Ike Lozada.

Ooops...It's not pala Jun Papa. My bad.  :)

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 12:28 PM »

Jojo do you remember the ending of ELEKTRIKA?

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #51 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 01:01 PM »
Planet of the Apes???

Supergirl?????

Boy, they sure managed to get away with quite a lot - if they'd try to remake these films, snagging the IP (intellectual property) rights alone are gonna be a king-size headache not even Superman can endure!!!!!

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 01:12 PM »
Planet of the Apes???

Supergirl?????

Boy, they sure managed to get away with quite a lot - if they'd try to remake these films, snagging the IP (intellectual property) rights alone are gonna be a king-size headache not even Superman can endure!!!!!

Di ba may Batman (and Robin) pa si Dolphy.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 08:13 PM »

Most probably.....FPJ really took care most of his movies including the ones produced by Susan Roces.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #54 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:11 PM »
I've only seen supergirl...but i also remeber a movie starring ma. theresa carlson: Wonder Woman si ako si ikaw! :D

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:40 PM »
Planet of the Apes???

They actually just used the ape technique from Planet of the Apes , which at that time was pretty impressive. :)

As for Supergirl . . .yeah. there was even Popeye , Batwoman and Robin, Alyas Phantom, Alyas Batman and Robin and Zoom Zoom Superman.

You're right you can't do these things anymore. Not this outright and blatant. Well maybe you can. Look at all those Turkish remakes of Hollywood blockbusters. Personally, Ishma's Zoom Zoom Superman is a lot more interesting and way more fun than that Bryan Singer-Brandon Routh sleeping pill. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:44 PM by X44 »

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 10:46 PM »
Di ba may Batman (and Robin) pa si Dolphy.

Yup. Dolphy and Boy Alano. Also, James Batman with Dolphy, a James Bond/Batman hybrid and  Palito in James Bone. :)

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 11:29 PM »

Haha...even Pidol took part in pinoy superhero genre as DARNA KUNO! ;D The scene where a Tikbalang calling outside at night "Anabel....Anabel...." is really creepy at that time! :o

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 06:24 PM »
Elektrika...

Wonder Vi and SuperGee!

Ate Vi as Phantom Lady

Evangeline Pascual as Babaeng Kidlat

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Sep 07, 2007 at 06:33 PM »
Indie boi it brought back lots of my childhood memories. Nice one.  ;D

Can you find the poster ad of ELEKTRIKA? also Chanda Romero's still pic?