Author Topic: GMA 7's Zaido (Shaider)  (Read 2959 times)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
GMA 7's Zaido (Shaider)
« on: May 10, 2007 at 09:38 PM »
I read this from an Inquirer.net article (link):

Eat Bulaga! to let go of male host -- sources

INQUIRER.net
Last updated 08:58pm (Mla time) 05/10/2007

TV host-actor Paolo Ballesteros would soon bid adieu longest-running daily noontime show “Eat Bulaga!,” sources from the show’s production group said.

“Eat Bulaga!” executive producer Malou Choa-Fagar had already met with Paolo’s camp to arrange for the host’s eventual release, the sources added.

It was not immediately known why Paolo would leave the show, which airs via acquired blocktime rights on GMA-7. It was not also immediately determined whether Paolo had resigned or that he was given his walking papers. Speculations arose that Paolo had been the first to be axed amid a reported reformatting of the show.

“Eat Bulaga!’s” rival, ABS-CBN’s “Wowowee”, had beaten the 28-year-old noontime show in the overnight ratings game for a good number of days.

Other hosts had been rumored to leave show. This includes mainstays Ciara Sotto, Sugar Mercado, and the Mr. Pogi trio.

Malou had denied the show would axe Ciara and Sugar but did confirm it would let go of the Mr. Pogi trio, a group made up of recent winners of the show’s male talent contest.

However, Paolo will remain a cast member of the GMA-7 comedy “Dadedidodu” with Eat Bulaga host Vic Sotto.

Paolo is also set to join the cast of the upcoming GMA-7 fantasy series, “Shaider”, a local remake of the 1980s Japanese action series. He is reported to have been tapped as a villain in the series opposite the “Shaider” character to be played by 2006 Starstruck winner Marky Cielo.

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2007 at 10:17 PM by allanmandy »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Re: GMA 7's Shaider
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2007 at 08:10 PM »
I think GMA's already plugging this through their "Pulis Pangkalawakan" teaser ad. I wonder who'll play Annie? Hmmm.....

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 01:44 PM »
hindi ba si Richard Gutierrez si Shaider?
Still world peace

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2007 at 08:30 PM »

Shaider is called Zaido in the Philippines? ???

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2007 at 02:58 PM »
From Inquirer.net:

‘Shaider’ times 3

GMA 7 has found three new super heroes in Dennis Trillo, Marky Cielo and Aljur Abrenica, who are donning the sleek spandex costumes of Zaido—the Pinoy Shaider.

The new prime time series “Zaido” is based on the Japanese live-action series “Shaider,” which ran from 1984 to ’85.

“Shaider” is part of the “Metal Heroes” genre. Dennis is the Blue Zaido; Marky, Green; and Aljur, Red.

Other cast members are Lorna Tolentino, Tirso Cruz III, Raymart Santiago, Jay Manalo, Ian de Leon, Diana Zubiri, Lovi, and Kris Bernal as Amy.

Diana and Karel are Dennis’ partners on the show.

When Inquirer Entertainment caught up with Dennis, he had been taping “Zaido” and the afternoon soap “Kung Mahawi Man ang Ulap” back-to-back for five days straight.

After a short nap, Dennis was again on the road.

“I’m on my way to Laguna, to shoot a perya (carnival) scene for ‘Zaido,’” he related. “We haven’t done major fight scenes yet. But we’ve been training regularly.”

Aljur has been going to the gym at least once a week, “Dennis said.

Aljur added: “The three of us had the chance to bond during our martial-arts and motorbike training.”

It was Marky’s first motorbike ride. “It was addicting,” he said. “On my last spin, though, I fell!”

Dennis is excited that he gets to use a laser sword and gun, and do acrobatic stunts on a harness.

The award-winning actor was an avid fan of “Shaider” when it first aired on IBC-13.

“I really enjoyed the stunts,” he recalled. “And the story was ahead of its time. I was amazed by the gigantic robots fighting with the monsters.”

For the Pinoy version, Dennis said the network’s production team had “reinvented and modernized” the Shaider saga.

“We want viewers to find it exciting and unpredictable,” he said.

« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2007 at 03:12 PM by allanmandy »

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 01:04 PM »
Mukhang SDF sila....remember the Ultraman series (another Jap property)?????

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 06, 2007 at 04:29 PM »

Haha..Ultraman. Oo nga no. Kulang na lang helmet. :)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 02:59 AM »
found this in wikipedia.  More info on cast.  :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaido

Offline Koolkat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
Re: GMA 7's Zaido (Shaider)
« Reply #8 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 06:32 AM »
Saw the commercial yesterday and I must say that I am intrigued. Nakakatawa yung mga dancing henchmen. ;D And I noticed they are using some of the characters from the original Shaider. I thought GMA was not able to get the rights of Shaider?
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline kim85

• Apprentice
  • Oscar boy!
  • Liked:
Re: GMA 7's Zaido (Shaider)
« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2007 at 11:09 PM »
let's watch Zaido on September 24!

time slot:  after 24 Oras