Author Topic: " Need_Advice - TTable Cleaner"  (Read 879 times)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
" Need_Advice - TTable Cleaner"
« on: Jul 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM »
To all fellow PDvdyers,

Got this TTable few months ago at B/S market fitted with SME 3009 II tonearm in non-working condition. I already replaced worn belt and ortofon stylus and is now working fine despite of some missing tonearm base nut and anti-skate weight (these are now order from U.K. selling SME accessories.I'ts now connected to AMC SS integrated amp w/ phono stage as preamp.  8)

Now, the problem I need your advice. The acrylic plinth got some blemishes on some areas as shown on the photos below. Why and how it got them? That same question that I could not give any hint. Since, I didn't have any experience on this material on how it react in the environment, heat, liquid or other material got contact to it's surface.  :(

Any cleaning liquid (agent) or method? One thing for sure is to replace the plinth which is not in my plan for now.  ;D
Anyhow, it doesn't affect the sound...which I enjoy listening after work (pagwalang bagong movie).  ;D

TIA 2 all you Guys.... :)

Top View: 

Front View:

Right Side:

Upper Left:

Another Rightside View:

Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline stereophile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • What matters is in the groove...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: " Need_Advice - TTable Cleaner"
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2007 at 05:55 PM »
You may have used some cleaning agent which has an ingredient w/c is caustic to the acrylic. Before trying anything, the usual advice is to try a small sample in a hidden area to test if it will mar the finish. You might want to try some Pledge wax cleaner-as mentioned in a small hidden area first. If that fails, an option is to dismantle the ttable and have the plinth 'polished' by acrylic sellers/makers.

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2007 at 01:06 PM »
You may have used some cleaning agent which has an ingredient w/c is caustic to the acrylic. Before trying anything, the usual advice is to try a small sample in a hidden area to test if it will mar the finish. You might want to try some Pledge wax cleaner-as mentioned in a small hidden area first. If that fails, an option is to dismantle the ttable and have the plinth 'polished' by acrylic sellers/makers.

I already did cleaning with some c. agents but nothing happened and second option needs a lot work and I don't want mess around unless I have a backup plan if something happened.  ;D

Thanks for the responsed. 8)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2007 at 06:08 PM »
i agree with stereophile, the sure way to have them out of the surface is to polish them off. make use of the finest grade of sandpaper and revive the shine afterwards using nail polish perhaps? :)...im not sure about this portion though.
im allan - 09178087173

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2007 at 06:15 PM »
i agree with stereophile, the sure way to have them out of the surface is to polish them off. make use of the finest grade of sandpaper and revive the shine afterwards using nail polish perhaps? :)...im not sure about this portion though.

thanks... sir accastil... ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest