Author Topic: Human Weapon - Unique Martial Arts series  (Read 791 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Human Weapon - Unique Martial Arts series
« on: Aug 05, 2007 at 04:24 PM »
Anyone watching this?

Show description:

The Ultimate Search of a Human Weapon, each episode of HUMAN WEAPON charts an expedition through foreign continents, famous cities, exotic villages, back alleys and lush landscapes with hosts Jason Chambers – mixed-martial-artist and professional fighter – and Bill Duff – former professional football player and wrestler, who will learn how each individual location gave birth to its distinct form of combat and will study their form of martial art.

Jason Chambers and Bill Duff will put their bodies through extreme exercises and challenges to prepare for a battle against a professional fighting master in the arts of MAUY THAI, KARATE, JUDO, ESKRIMA Stick-fighting, SAVATE Street-fighting, KUNG FU and much more.

It caught my eye because of Episode 2:

Hosts Jason Chambers and Bill Duff travel to the island nation of the Philippines, where the indigenous fighting style, Eskrima, was formed. From ancient forts in Cebu City to a modern military base in Manila, our hosts will learn the stick and knife techniques that were used to kill famed Spanish explorer Ferdinand Magellan in the 16th century, battle the Japanese in WWII guerrilla raids and wage an ongoing struggle against the terrorist organization Abu Sayef in the jungles of Mindinao.

Along the way, they’ll attempt to take down a 2,000-pound water buffalo using techniques developed on the rice paddies at the foot of the Manalanga Mountains, and perfect their Eskrima stick-twirling techniques on rickety bamboo rafts beneath the waterfalls in the jungles of Badian. Finally, one of our hosts will enter a gritty cockfight ring for an Eskrima stick fight against a five-time world champion.

"Acquiring" it now... this looks like it'll be a very interesting series.   8)

Human Weapon Official Website
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2007 at 04:25 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Human Weapon - Unique Martial Arts series
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10, 2007 at 05:45 PM »
I got the second episode and it was an interesting foray into Philippine martial arts. I just found the comments of those two otherwise macho men quite laughable. Here you are showing off your muscles and practically brandishing your c*ck and yet  you constantly complain about it being dusty, dirty or muddy. They're more delicate than our Filipino women. ;D