Author Topic: Tonedeaf's HT/audio set up  (Read 61487 times)

Offline n o l

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Tonedeaf's HT/audio set up
« Reply #330 on: Feb 28, 2015 at 03:36 PM »
congrats on the TT! which sound do you prefer vs your digital set up? :)

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #331 on: Feb 28, 2015 at 08:49 PM »
thanks Oldboyracer and redstarrising!

NICE!!!

I suggest get a separate integrated amp(NAD) and use the PSB Image B6 for both HT and audio...
Just buy an amplifier switcher from sir markcrenz ;)

I actually have that already :) got it in 2014 because I'd been thinking of getting a 326BEE since last year.

congrats on the TT! which sound do you prefer vs your digital set up? :)

I've been doing A-B comparisons lately. I only have 3 records (2 Beatles and 1 Fleetwood Mac). For the Beatles albums, I compared it to the CD I have - Beatles Number 1s. Rumours, by Fleetwood Mac, I have it in FLAC.

For the Beatles albums, I can't make a fair comparison  because the records I got are used and aren't in the best condition. For the Beatles, I always liked their later work, more than the initial batch of songs (Love Me Do etc). But playing The Beatles:1962-1966 made me appreciate the following songs which I wasn't a fan of: And I Love Her, In My Life and Girl. There really is something about the whole ritual - watching a record spin around - which draws one to the music. Siguro kasi kailangan mong bantayan since there are only 6-7 songs per side.

Yung Rumours was a nice experience. Yung FLAC version was so detailed. Grabe ang treble, the sound of the cymbals on Dreams for example. On the other hand, the LP version sounded as great as well, fuller, but not as bright. It's like listening to a Polk Audio versus a PSB speaker.

Since my turntable is hooked up to an AVR, and not a stereo amp, I use Pure Direct mode when my source is the turntable. Then Stereo when I play my FLAC files. I always like a bit of bass when I listen to music, so I sometimes switch to Stereo even with the turntable so I can have the benefit of the subwoofer.

Offline DTNS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 242
« Reply #332 on: Feb 28, 2015 at 09:49 PM »
get a NAD C326BEEE. you won't regret it. ;)  just make sure your unit doesn't have any issues.  :)
Acer | Samsung | Harman Kardon | GoldenEar | NAD | Emotiva | SVS | iFi | Grado

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #333 on: Feb 28, 2015 at 10:04 PM »
Congrats ma'am tonedeaf...! It's really a different feeling watching the record spinning and listening to music recorded decades ago... ;)

I also got lucky to find Beatles' Abbey Road album, original pressed from u.k. 1969, still enjoy listening to it despite occasional pops and ticks.. ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline jeffry10

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #334 on: Mar 01, 2015 at 05:18 PM »
thanks Oldboyracer and redstarrising!

I actually have that already :) got it in 2014 because I'd been thinking of getting a 326BEE since last year.

I've been doing A-B comparisons lately. I only have 3 records (2 Beatles and 1 Fleetwood Mac). For the Beatles albums, I compared it to the CD I have - Beatles Number 1s. Rumours, by Fleetwood Mac, I have it in FLAC.

For the Beatles albums, I can't make a fair comparison  because the records I got are used and aren't in the best condition. For the Beatles, I always liked their later work, more than the initial batch of songs (Love Me Do etc). But playing The Beatles:1962-1966 made me appreciate the following songs which I wasn't a fan of: And I Love Her, In My Life and Girl. There really is something about the whole ritual - watching a record spin around - which draws one to the music. Siguro kasi kailangan mong bantayan since there are only 6-7 songs per side.

Yung Rumours was a nice experience. Yung FLAC version was so detailed. Grabe ang treble, the sound of the cymbals on Dreams for example. On the other hand, the LP version sounded as great as well, fuller, but not as bright. It's like listening to a Polk Audio versus a PSB speaker.

Since my turntable is hooked up to an AVR, and not a stereo amp, I use Pure Direct mode when my source is the turntable. Then Stereo when I play my FLAC files. I always like a bit of bass when I listen to music, so I sometimes switch to Stereo even with the turntable so I can have the benefit of the subwoofer.

pretty good :).

now get a better receiver ! :p

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #335 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 10:02 AM »
I suggest you get an integrated stereo amp to give justice to your table.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 07:25 PM »
@toy factor and Denton,

I was afraid suggestions like yours would be forthcoming. Hahaha.

I'm looking at:

1. Integrated amp, later this year (if not too expensive like the 326BEE) or early next year (if next level);
2. new AV receiver, maybe in 2017.

Once I get those, I am sure I will hear people say I should get better speakers than my B6. Or have a dedicated audio speakers.

Never ending! :)

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #337 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 08:34 PM »
B6? actually PSB Image B6 was already phased out according to rex of watts hifi

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #338 on: Mar 08, 2015 at 08:52 PM »
Well if you can live with b6 why upgrade. Upgrade is not an option if you are already happy with what you are hearing. Integ amp lng for your rp3 i'm sure solve ka na

Offline jeffry10

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #339 on: Mar 09, 2015 at 06:35 AM »
you have surround na ba ? am selling my b5 :).

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Mar 12, 2015 at 09:54 PM »
you have surround na ba ? am selling my b5 :).
Yes I do have surround speakers already =)

Offline czarsky

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #341 on: Mar 12, 2015 at 10:51 PM »
@toy factor and Denton,

I'm looking at:

1. Integrated amp, later this year (if not too expensive like the 326BEE) or early next year (if next level);

Once I get those, I am sure I will hear people say I should get better speakers than my B6. Or have a dedicated audio speakers.

@toy factor and Denton,

I'm looking at:

Hi Ma'm!  Your AVR upgrade can be sooner . . . if you're letting go now and I can afford your price :)

czarsky
thanks!
czarsky

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Mar 12, 2015 at 11:14 PM »
Hi Ma'm!  Your AVR upgrade can be sooner . . . if you're letting go now and I can afford your price :)

czarsky
No immediate plans =) but I'll let you know if I find a suitable 7.1 receiver in the MP or from my usual sources. Good luck on your search in the meantime.

Offline czarsky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Mar 13, 2015 at 10:09 PM »
Thanks! :)
thanks!
czarsky

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Aug 28, 2016 at 08:51 AM »
I've lasted more than a year without buying or upgrading anything. I think this is an achievement. Hahaha. So still no integrated amp for me, nor an upgraded AV receiver.

On the negative side, I hardly used my system except to watch iFlix or youtube via chromecast or to stream Spotify using the NAD wireless. And I haven't been as active here in Pinoydvd. Hope everyone who reads this is well, and I hope to be more active in the coming days.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2016 at 08:54 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline too jazzy cool

• Trade Count: (-17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #345 on: Aug 28, 2016 at 05:33 PM »
I've lasted more than a year without buying or upgrading anything. I think this is an achievement. Hahaha. So still no integrated amp for me, nor an upgraded AV receiver.

On the negative side, I hardly used my system except to watch iFlix or youtube via chromecast or to stream Spotify using the NAD wireless. And I haven't been as active here in Pinoydvd. Hope everyone who reads this is well, and I hope to be more active in the coming days.

oh tonedeaf, that's quite negative. your system hasn't progressed :).
Flavored water ? :D

Offline AppleMan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #346 on: Aug 29, 2016 at 07:58 AM »
Kaya ako puro second hand na lang, it's like never ending story when it comes to A/V system hobby...pero enjoy sa dedicated audio system... ;) ;) ;)
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #347 on: Aug 29, 2016 at 08:34 AM »
Buy only what u need..

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Aug 12, 2017 at 11:16 AM »
So, it's 2017 and I'm buying a new receiver and 2 more speakers for 7.1 :) Haven't decided which receiver though. Also, what happened to photobucket?

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Tonedeaf's HT/audio set up
« Reply #349 on: Aug 12, 2017 at 07:19 PM »
So, it's 2017 and I'm buying a new receiver and 2 more speakers for 7.1 :) Haven't decided which receiver though. Also, what happened to photobucket?

Photobucket decided you need to pay them especially if you will use the uploaded pics for 3rd party use such as posting to forums like pdvd... Fortunately Flickr is still free...
Better to buy same brand and model speakers as your existing for timbre matching.
As for receiver, consider the newer models with Dolby Atmos and dts:X capabilities as well as hcdp 2.2 for 4K future proofing. HTH :)

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #350 on: Aug 13, 2017 at 08:21 AM »
Better to buy same brand and model speakers as your existing for timbre matching.
As for receiver, consider the newer models with Dolby Atmos and dts:X capabilities as well as hcdp 2.2 for 4K future proofing. HTH :)

I checked with Rex of Watts Hifi what speakers I can use to get Atmos effect even if placed in front. Didn't really plan to have additional speakers in ceiling. Haha.

Excited to get Atmos and DTS:X capable receiver :)

And thanks for the tip re Flickr. Bummer about photobucket.

Offline czarsky

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:12 PM »
Ma'm . . . this could be the one you're looking for . . .  ;)

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,213955.0.html
thanks!
czarsky

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Tonedeaf's HT/audio set up
« Reply #352 on: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:31 PM »
I checked with Rex of Watts Hifi what speakers I can use to get Atmos effect even if placed in front. Didn't really plan to have additional speakers in ceiling. Haha.

Excited to get Atmos and DTS:X capable receiver :)

And thanks for the tip re Flickr. Bummer about photobucket.

If you want slim type receivers and sounds very good, you might want to consider this ;)
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&SubCatId=&ProductId=NR1608

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #353 on: Aug 13, 2017 at 12:35 PM »
I think there's also front height for Atmos.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline too jazzy cool

• Trade Count: (-17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #354 on: Aug 14, 2017 at 12:49 PM »
sayang ms tonedeaf i just sold my marantz 7011. i have an onkyo 810 with a neighbor if you're interested you can get either an onkyo 810 or a denon x4000 (circa 2014).
Flavored water ? :D

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Aug 19, 2017 at 07:11 PM »
sayang ms tonedeaf i just sold my marantz 7011. i have an onkyo 810 with a neighbor if you're interested you can get either an onkyo 810 or a denon x4000 (circa 2014).

ohh..timing issues, as always. haha. ang ganda siguro ng 7011.

My budget is in the 40-50K range lang since I want to get the speakers din for atmos.

Offline tonedeaf

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Aug 19, 2017 at 07:13 PM »
If you want slim type receivers and sounds very good, you might want to consider this ;)
http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVReceivers&SubCatId=&ProductId=NR1608

I'm considering Marantz but familiar with the not-so-slim ones. Is this 1608 okay, even if slim? this might be better for me since I don't really have lots of shelf space.