Author Topic: Kitchen Confidential  (Read 1294 times)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Kitchen Confidential
« on: Aug 15, 2007 at 11:11 PM »
I saw the ads for this show in one of those Solar cable channels and got interested enough to at least try one episode. Since the show was based on Anthony Bourdain's kitchen memoir I had a fair idea of how the show would be presented. I totally enjoyed the episode I watched but when I did the usual Wikipedia research, I found out that this show was cancelled (my record for cancelled shows remains impeccable), which is such a shame because it was really well written and quite funny.

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Kitchen Confidential
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2007 at 11:49 PM »
I saw the ads for this show in one of those Solar cable channels and got interested enough to at least try one episode. Since the show was based on Anthony Bourdain's kitchen memoir I had a fair idea of how the show would be presented. I totally enjoyed the episode I watched but when I did the usual Wikipedia research, I found out that this show was cancelled (my record for cancelled shows remains impeccable), which is such a shame because it was really well written and quite funny.

I've seen all 13 episodes and they hold up well. Fox aired only 4 episodes before pulling the plug. The episodes featuring Michael Vartan and Morena Baccarin are my favorites. I'll buy the DVD soon.
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2007 at 11:52 PM by dobler »

Offline Reuven Malter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • No worries, mate!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Aug 16, 2007 at 01:51 PM »
I've caught two episodes and I enjoyed them both. Wish to see the rest of the 11 episodes.
Clear eyes, full hearts can't lose!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 16, 2007 at 04:26 PM »
I'm on to Episode 5 now and the more I watch, the more dumbstruck I get. How could Fox have cancelled such a well written and wickedly funny show? Bradley Cooper is fantastic here along with Owain Yeoman.

Yeah, I also loved the Vartan episode. The show's milieu is just rife with possibilities and this episode proves it.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #4 on: Aug 16, 2007 at 06:49 PM »
How could Fox have cancelled such a well written and wickedly funny show?

Because they're Fox. The network that also canceled Wonderfalls and Arrested Development::)

This is next on my DVD catch up list, so I can join your discussions soon. I was supposed to start it today, but I got sucked into Showtime's Dexter instead. I love the premise - a serial killer who kills... serial killers!  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2007 at 06:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline staind01

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2007 at 11:33 AM »
WTF?!! NO SEASON 2?!!!  >:( >:(

my wife finished all 13 episodes. was able to watch about 10 of them. this is a great show which should be picked up by other networks if Fox doesn't want it!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
Hilarious show. Thanks for turning me on to this gem guys. A shame it only lasted 13 episodes.