Author Topic: Astroplus Podium Warehouse Sale: September 28-30, 2007  (Read 18673 times)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Astroplus Podium Warehouse Sale: September 28-30, 2007
« Reply #30 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 08:32 AM »
I got the Lord of the Rings trilogy for 900 (299 each) and Harry Potter 4 for 199.
It was a good sale, lots of good titles.

Better go there early...aroudn 10-11am, it's less crowded.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #31 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 08:54 AM »
is this on sale...thanks...

Superman steel book is selling for 3k, less P700 or so from its original price of 3700.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 04:10 PM »
Marami pa bang stock nito? This is probably the biggest steal of this sale. If I remember it right, this thing is in Amaray case, and it's even on DTS-ES (assuming that this is the same one which went out of stock years ago.)

There was a misprice that happened Friday morning.  When I came back in the afternoon, all the James Bond DVDs and other MGMs were already @ P299.  The VIVA management daw corrected this mistake.  Lucky for those who bought @P100!!! Including moi!

Anyway, if VIVA increased the P100s, Magnavision were kind enough to decrease dvds to P199!  Here's my second loot for the day --

all imported and not budget
Sixteen Candles   P199
The Passenger P199
The Debut P199 ( got 2 copies for christmas gifts )
Dragonheart   P199
Daddy Day Care   P199
Identity  P199
Spanglish P 199
Vampire Hunters P 199

Audio CDs (P100 & P70)

Joe Satriani   
Live, Best of ( my best steal for the day @ P70 )
2 more Pearl Jam Acoustic Live
Korn ( not a fan but there's a bonus DVD concert )
Dire Straits, best of
U2 How to dismantle an atomic bomb

Whew!  Whatta sale... one of the best ever!!!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #33 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 04:56 PM »
Whaddaya know, I managed to buy two DVD's at the sale:

Dog Day Afternoon
A Streetcar Named Desire

I'm very picky when it comes to DVD's especially Region 3 DVD's.

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1238
« Reply #34 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 08:59 PM »
got the ff. this afternoon:

Hero @ P299
Monster House @ P299
Flushed Away @ P350
East of Eden (2-disc SE) @ P350
Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition @ P500
Mission Impossible 3 (2-disc) @ P700
Children of Men @ P895 - Buy 1 Take 1 with Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels

Audio CD:  Sting - Sacred Love @ P100

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 30, 2007 at 09:29 PM »
oo nga!  balik sa P299 ang presyo ng mga James Bond especially yung Die Another Day. heheheh.  Got it this afternoon for P299. 

Got a few more titles:

Iron Man (animation) P100
The Terminator P299
The Passion of Christ P299
A View to a Kill P299
Golden Eye P299
The Pursuit of Happines P350

And two DVDs for the kids each priced at P100 each.  ;)

Offline mannycamus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 03:43 AM »
The VIVA DVDs were sold last week at P150.OO and P250.00 at the SM MAKATI Dept. Store.  And I heard from some insiders that they would be selling these 299 titles at between 150 to 250 pesos per again soon.  As to the Magna titles, it is really annoying and mind boggling on how they find ways to confuse their customers.  From 333pesos(as a sale price for their original prices), they now have 299, 250, 199, 150 pesos titles.   It was so confusing that I saw somebody arguing with the people in Astro the other night regarding the 895 pesos Dvds.  This girl got around 50 titles and when she was about to pay, the computer yielded different discounted prices for the dvds.  I tried to take a look and it was mostly Columbia, Sony and Universal dvds. Another thing about their Universal dvds, they put a sticker saying its an imported dvd but what is really inside is a local repoductiion as what the magna supervisor told some guy who was asking how come there are no special features in these Universal dvds!  Unlike the Warner titles which are mostly made in Taiwan.  Now, if one likes classic movies, you can find many classic titles in the Warner library which are real imported dvds.  I bought around 14 of these dvds which were priced between 175 - 299 pesos which proved to be of more value than the Magna titles.  I think it's time that Columbia or Sony Pictures take over from Magna to protect their movies.  Sometimes, the way Magna packs their Dreamworks, Universal titles makes one want to buy the pirated dvds instead!  By the way, saw the Spiderman 2 Boxset and Da Vinci Code Box set, these were selling for less than half (Spiderman 2) and less 700pesos (Da Vinci Code).  Did anyone notice that the people outside the store were selling the puzzle (which came free with offer before for Da Vinci Code) for 300 pesos!!!

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 08:00 AM »
just bought the following before I go back to the province:

Smallville S1
The Legend of Zorro
Poseidon
Still world peace

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 11:16 AM »
Are this dual layer? Thanks.

yes, dvd9s.  sorry for the late reply.

Offline slpyhead

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 11:23 AM »
got the previously mentioned Best of MTV Unplugged 3 (CD+DVD) for P100 and SW Episode III OST (with SW: A Musical Journey bonus dvd!) for P70(!!!).  ;D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #40 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 03:41 PM »
I just got back from Podium, I had to replace one item. Then they told me about what transpired last night. They were able to close or pack-up around 1AM iso 11PM. The cause, there was this one pain in the *ss customer who came around 10PM, he got all the titles he wanted, the problem started when this crazy guy demanded that all the DVD's he chose be priced 299, like the Mi III, Notes on a Scandal, etc. When he buys one title, he wants all the stocks to be brought out so he can choose (he wants a perfectly plastic wrapped piece >:( ). This supposedly Chinese looking guy was a regular, but it was his first time last night to act that way, which I find not normal. If the item is not on sale, then its not on sale, why does he have to make the promo girl cry, argued until 1AM, and held almost all the staff in the store. ? Mr. Harry ______ ! I hope and pray that you are not a part of this community!  You do not deserve those DVD's, if I were you, go to Metrowalk and buy your dibidis there, then do your thing again, I bet,  a headless chicken will emerge from Metrowalk. ! Bubblehead.  :P

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 04:27 PM »
There was a misprice that happened Friday morning.  When I came back in the afternoon, all the James Bond DVDs and other MGMs were already @ P299.  The VIVA management daw corrected this mistake.  Lucky for those who bought @P100!!! Including moi!

Anyway, if VIVA increased the P100s, Magnavision were kind enough to decrease dvds to P199!  Here's my second loot for the day --

all imported and not budget
Sixteen Candles   P199
The Passenger P199
The Debut P199 ( got 2 copies for christmas gifts )
Dragonheart   P199
Daddy Day Care   P199
Identity  P199
Spanglish P 199
Vampire Hunters P 199

Audio CDs (P100 & P70)

Joe Satriani   
Live, Best of ( my best steal for the day @ P70 )
2 more Pearl Jam Acoustic Live
Korn ( not a fan but there's a bonus DVD concert )
Dire Straits, best of
U2 How to dismantle an atomic bomb

Whew!  Whatta sale... one of the best ever!!!

I forgot to mention that I finally bought Dirty Dancing Ultimate Ed 2 disc @ P100! 

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 04:58 PM »
I just got back from Podium, I had to replace one item. Then they told me about what transpired last night. They were able to close or pack-up around 1AM iso 11PM. The cause, there was this one pain in the *ss customer who came around 10PM, he got all the titles he wanted, the problem started when this crazy guy demanded that all the DVD's he chose be priced 299, like the Mi III, Notes on a Scandal, etc. When he buys one title, he wants all the stocks to be brought out so he can choose (he wants a perfectly plastic wrapped piece >:( ). This supposedly Chinese looking guy was a regular, but it was his first time last night to act that way, which I find not normal. If the item is not on sale, then its not on sale, why does he have to make the promo girl cry, argued until 1AM, and held almost all the staff in the store. ? Mr. Harry ______ ! I hope and pray that you are not a part of this community!  You do not deserve those DVD's, if I were you, go to Metrowalk and buy your dibidis there, then do your thing again, I bet,  a headless chicken will emerge from Metrowalk. ! Bubblehead.  :P

Ayus 'to ha, siguro kung nandun ako nung time na yun, malamang mag-init ang ulo ko sa guy na 'to.... malamang ma-Pacqiuao ko yung mga hawak nyang dvds, uuwi syang luhaan  ;D

Seriously, i also hope that this guy is not a member of PinoyDVD, Nakakahiya sya >:(

btw, konti lang nakuha kong dvds, more on cds ako last saturday morning ;)

DVDs:
Apollo 13
A time to Kill

CDs:
Matt Monro Diamond Edition - @ 100
Power Traxx - 2 discs @ 70
MTV Unplugged - 1cd and 1 dvd @ 100 (sulit na sulit ;))
Crossover (forgot the exact title, yellow cover) - 2 discs @100
Summer Sofa - 2 disc @70 (bought 3 copies pang-regalo :D)
Russell Watson - 100

Nice Sale, kinapos lang sa budget, hehehe ;D
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 08:28 PM »
The DVD that I got from the sale (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship) skipped around 88 mins into the movie.
I haven't encountered anything like this...a movie from a reputable store skipping.
So I am wondering if I can still ask for a repalcement of the DVD that I got or I am stuck with this?
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 08:35 PM »
jeyps11_c,

ask them for a replacement.  just bring your receipt and show it to them. tell them your problem and most probably, they will have it changed into a new copy.

Accomodating naman ang mga tao sa Astro Podium.  ;)

hope this helps.  ;)

Offline r_Y_@_n

• DVD Addict
  • andre marcus
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 09:59 PM »
jeyps11_c,

ask them for a replacement.  just bring your receipt and show it to them. tell them your problem and most probably, they will have it changed into a new copy.

Accomodating naman ang mga tao sa Astro Podium.  ;)

hope this helps.  ;)

and i think this is a C interactive release....  :-[

Offline Johnny Drama

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 10:52 PM »
got the ff:

V for Vendetta 2 disc Deluxe edition with comic book
Saving private ryan 2 disc D-Day commemorative edition
Enter the Dragon
Transporter 2
iRobot
KungFu Hustle

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Oct 01, 2007 at 11:47 PM »

There's a weirdo in every world, no matter the race, status or gender.   Looking for a perfect shrink-wrap in a DVD is weird indeed, especially if it's not a limited or some special editions.   The fact that it's the first time he acted that way, makes it even more peculiar, baka naka-inom or the full moon is out last night... ;)
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2007 at 11:48 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline r_Y_@_n

• DVD Addict
  • andre marcus
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 12:30 AM »
got the previously mentioned Best of MTV Unplugged 3 (CD+DVD) for P100 and SW Episode III OST (with SW: A Musical Journey bonus dvd!) for P70(!!!).  ;D

how i wish i got these CD's...  :'( :'( :'(  felt bad we weren't able to go back anymore.  :( :( :(  got around 18 CD's during the 1st day, some 2 discs, and the korn CD with dvd even if i wasnt a fan of this type of music. sayang kasi, it was a good buy for the free live dvd concert.  ;)  any news when they will have the same CD sale?

Offline santwip

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 09:08 AM »
got the following:

movies on my wish list:
Hero - 299

sa podium sale lang ba ulit lumabas ito? any sightings sa other stores?

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 09:43 AM »
The DVD that I got from the sale (Lord of the Rings: Fellowship) skipped around 88 mins into the movie.
I haven't encountered anything like this...a movie from a reputable store skipping.
So I am wondering if I can still ask for a repalcement of the DVD that I got or I am stuck with this?

The people in Astro Podium are very very nice and professional.  As long as you have receipt and your complaint is valid, they will replace your dvd.  No problem there!

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #51 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 12:35 PM »
@santwip,

sabi ng taga astro-podium, they got new shipment for the sale. apparently out of stock sya the previous months.

Offline kingkydoo

• Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 01:15 PM »
got the ff:

V for Vendetta 2 disc Deluxe edition with comic book
Saving private ryan 2 disc D-Day commemorative edition
Enter the Dragon
Transporter 2
iRobot
KungFu Hustle

Sir magkano niyo nakuha yung Saving Private Ryan?

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 01:27 PM »
sa podium sale lang ba ulit lumabas ito? any sightings sa other stores?

I saw Hero at Mega Mall Odyssey early this year but was selling at P550 ( or P750? ).  Why don't you try to call podium and ask if they stock pa? Number is 6877411.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #54 on: Oct 02, 2007 at 03:27 PM »
The people in Astro Podium are very very nice and professional.  As long as you have receipt and your complaint is valid, they will replace your dvd.  No problem there!

Agree to that. I called them this afternoon about replacing one of the DVDs I got from the sale last saturday. It was a loose disc and there's some heavy scratches. I asked if it was still ok to replace the DVD with the same title given that they have a 3-day return policy. I only opened it this morning, kasi, and that's when I saw the damage.

The lady on the other end (I forget her name -- Ariel... Arlene... something) told me it was ok and to just pass by tomorrow anytime with the receipt. Yey for Astroplus Podium!

Now, the question is would they really honor that tomorrow...  ;D I'll just update you guys.

Offline mannycamus

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 04:26 AM »
About that guy who was complaining about the shrink wrap on those dvds he was suppose to purchase and wanting the prices to be lowered to sale prices though those titles were not incoluded in the 3day sale.  I asked the staff in Astro Podium and inquired who this Harry guy was.  They told me that he indeed is a regular customer and quite an okay guy.  Hardly returns anything and does buy a lot.  It's just that the 3 people from Magna offered him to lower the prices on those titles that were not included in the sale to convince him to buy some more (since it was Sunday night, siguro they wanted to generate more sales?).  It's just that when he was about to pay, these 3 people from Magna suddenly got amnesia and denied the offer.  When the Astro staff investigated this matter Monday morning, they found out that indeed those titles chosen by this guy was suppose to have lower prices than regular.  It's just that the Magna promo girl forgot and just generalized everything in the regular prices group can't be given discounts.  This promo girl was reprimanded by both the Astro and Magna officials.  The Astro staff even mentioned that 'nakakahiya' nga kay sir Harry kasi sinigawan pa siya ng promo girl ng Magna, eh ang mali naman ay sa mga tao ng Magna.  And it's not true that somebody from their store or from Magna cried.  Actually, they are trying to reach this guy and apologize.

Offline santwip

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Oct 03, 2007 at 10:01 AM »
@santwip,

sabi ng taga astro-podium, they got new shipment for the sale. apparently out of stock sya the previous months.

I saw Hero at Mega Mall Odyssey early this year but was selling at P550 ( or P750? ).  Why don't you try to call podium and ask if they stock pa? Number is 6877411.

thanks a lot for the replies.

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #57 on: Oct 04, 2007 at 05:40 AM »
Even after 4 days the Astro Podium people were quick to change my scratched disc with a new one. They didn't even question me after looking at my receipt. I find this highly unusual based on my experience with local stores, but highly appreciated nonetheless. It's refreshing.

By the way, I asked when the next warehouse sale would be. The woman behind the counter gave me a rather non-commital "Hindi po namin alam" without even looking at me -- which I found rather amusing, to say the least  ;D

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Oct 04, 2007 at 08:55 AM »
It's just that the 3 people from Magna offered him to lower the prices on those titles that were not included in the sale to convince him to buy some more (since it was Sunday night, siguro they wanted to generate more sales?).  It's just that when he was about to pay, these 3 people from Magna suddenly got amnesia and denied the offer.  When the Astro staff investigated this matter Monday morning, they found out that indeed those titles chosen by this guy was suppose to have lower prices than regular.  It's just that the Magna promo girl forgot and just generalized everything in the regular prices group can't be given discounts.  This promo girl was reprimanded by both the Astro and Magna officials.  The Astro staff even mentioned that 'nakakahiya' nga kay sir Harry kasi sinigawan pa siya ng promo girl ng Magna, eh ang mali naman ay sa mga tao ng Magna.  And it's not true that somebody from their store or from Magna cried.  Actually, they are trying to reach this guy and apologize.

Glad that this matter was addressed immediately.   :D

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #59 on: Oct 04, 2007 at 09:19 AM »
About that guy who was complaining about the shrink wrap on those dvds he was suppose to purchase and wanting the prices to be lowered to sale prices though those titles were not incoluded in the 3day sale.  I asked the staff in Astro Podium and inquired who this Harry guy was.  They told me that he indeed is a regular customer and quite an okay guy.  Hardly returns anything and does buy a lot.  It's just that the 3 people from Magna offered him to lower the prices on those titles that were not included in the sale to convince him to buy some more (since it was Sunday night, siguro they wanted to generate more sales?).  It's just that when he was about to pay, these 3 people from Magna suddenly got amnesia and denied the offer.  When the Astro staff investigated this matter Monday morning, they found out that indeed those titles chosen by this guy was suppose to have lower prices than regular.  It's just that the Magna promo girl forgot and just generalized everything in the regular prices group can't be given discounts.  This promo girl was reprimanded by both the Astro and Magna officials.  The Astro staff even mentioned that 'nakakahiya' nga kay sir Harry kasi sinigawan pa siya ng promo girl ng Magna, eh ang mali naman ay sa mga tao ng Magna.  And it's not true that somebody from their store or from Magna cried.  Actually, they are trying to reach this guy and apologize.

So this is the reason why the customer stayed until 1am huh? This was not what I heard . Was he finally able to get the titles he wanted on sale? Like Mission Impossible III for 299 and others? Good for him.

If I were the Magna rep, (who supposedly cried) due to humiliation, she's too darn not to remember things she said to a certain Mr Harry ,given that he is known to be a regular customer and argued until closing time.

Anyway......when will be the next Bodega Sale?  :D

« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2007 at 09:27 AM by frootloops »