Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 242177 times)

Offline Ohmguru

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Would you rather go blind or deaf?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #1230 on: Jul 05, 2014 at 12:09 PM »
So I was browsing around and them came across a review for the the Imagine X bookshelf

http://www.cnet.com/news/a-sweet-sounding-budget-priced-audiophile-stereo-system/

Kelan kaya dating nito sa Pinas?
CABASSE - WHARFE - PSB - POLK  |  ARCAM - YAMAHA - DENON

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #1231 on: Jul 07, 2014 at 03:49 PM »

Kelan kaya dating nito sa Pinas?

malapit na, yan ang narinig ko sa AD.  >:D

Offline Ohmguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1232 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM »
I noticed the port of the Imagine C to be sticky. If you back read, you will see other reports of the same problem. Parang natutunaw na malagkit. But my T's do not have this problem. Reported to Rex and promised he will replace this Tuesday. Buti nalang may support from Watts Hifi.

I got the same problem also.bagong bili ko din kay Rex yung center. Its rubber is so sticky parang na expose masyado sa init. sa bookshelf wala naman prob.

I hope they've informed the principal on this issue already since its not an isolated case anymore.

(Not unless, there's something wrong with storage handling of our local distro)  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2014 at 12:41 AM by ohmguru »

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1233 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 12:50 AM »
I got the same problem also.bagong bili ko din kay Rex yung center. Its rubber is so sticky parang na expose masyado sa init. sa bookshelf wala naman prob.

I hope they've informed the principal on this issue already since its not an isolated case anymore.

(Not unless, there's something wrong with storage handling of our local distro)  :)

I suspect this to be a distro issue. Got my PSB sa ibang retailer and had the same issue. I also owned a Paradigm Studio series before and had an issue with a driver being misaligned although that was a sealed unit so possible manufacturing issue din. PSB and Paradigm is distributed by the same company.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1234 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 06:07 AM »

I am pretty sure they gave you the same center speaker they gave me. The distributor wants to dispose of that center to unsuspecting customers. Demand for a replacement right away. If you prolong it, they might not honor an exchange.

Offline jeffry10

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1235 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 07:12 AM »
hey Lance, i took your advice and had my dealer friend make sure the ports weren't sticky..

the ports weren't sticky but man, one of the speakers has a hairline scratch. UGH.

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1236 on: Jul 11, 2014 at 05:18 PM »
hey Lance, i took your advice and had my dealer friend make sure the ports weren't sticky..

the ports weren't sticky but man, one of the speakers has a hairline scratch. UGH.

Bro basta hindi ka happy, demand for a replacement. Others are really OC like me. I want my new stuff perfect.

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #1237 on: Jul 12, 2014 at 12:19 AM »
Bro basta hindi ka happy, demand for a replacement. Others are really OC like me. I want my new stuff perfect.

+1

When i bought my NAD C165bee pre-amp i noticed nung kinabit ko na sa bahay na may hairline scratch though the unit was really sealed when i bought it and no signs of being resealed, i demanded a replacement agad the next day and it was replaced right away.. Di ko napansin nung nag test sa store due to excitement he he he
Walang Setup

Offline Ohmguru

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1238 on: Jul 13, 2014 at 09:59 PM »
I am pretty sure they gave you the same center speaker they gave me. The distributor wants to dispose of that center to unsuspecting customers. Demand for a replacement right away. If you prolong it, they might not honor an exchange.

Ive read one of distros terms stating that item should be returned within 48hrs for them to honor the exchange(Normally, other vendors give atleast one week for a customer return it) In my case, i'd opened the boxes two days after i bought it and another two days two days to return it. Buti nlng madaling kausap sila Rex, walang issue sa kanila to.
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2014 at 10:03 PM by ohmguru »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #1239 on: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM »
Hmm, I decided to inspect my now 2-year old Imagine speakers again more closely.

And I discovered that the rubber ports have turned very sticky on the following:
Imagine C center
Imagine B bookshelf used as rear surrounds, both left and right

:'( :'( :'(

All three ports on each of the T2 speakers are alright, for now. :)

When I got the speakers in 2012, I made it a point to check the rubber ports, because I remember noticing the sticky rubber on the demo units I got to audition.

The room is not humid and is generally always cool even with the aircon off so I don't have an idea what caused the rubber to go sticky....

It looks like, at least for this line, these Canadian speakers have to "tropicalized."  :P
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM by gaol »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1240 on: Jul 17, 2014 at 10:19 PM »
Hmm, I decided to inspect my now 2-year old Imagine speakers again more closely.

And I discovered that the rubber ports have turned very sticky on the following:
Imagine C center
Imagine B bookshelf used as rear surrounds, both left and right

:'( :'( :'(

All three ports on each of the T2 speakers are alright, for now. :)

When I got the speakers in 2012, I made it a point to check the rubber ports, because I remember noticing the sticky rubber on the demo units I got to audition.

The room is not humid and is generally always cool even with the aircon off so I don't have an idea what caused the rubber to go sticky....

It looks like, at least for this line, these Canadian speakers have to "tropicalized."  :P

Sir arns, di ka pa ba nagsasawa sa Nad mo? He he he
Walang Setup

Offline splucktearse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • poor lang po ako
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1241 on: Aug 03, 2014 at 03:20 PM »
Yung Imagine X series ba will replace the Image series? halos parehas kasi ng specs ang Imagine X2T sa Image T6 at Imagine X1T sa Image T5.
Emotiva PT-100       
Emotiva A300
Klipsch RF 62 II
SVS SB 2000

Offline luis

• DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1242 on: Oct 20, 2014 at 03:20 PM »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1243 on: Oct 25, 2014 at 01:01 AM »
Yung Imagine X series ba will replace the Image series? halos parehas kasi ng specs ang Imagine X2T sa Image T6 at Imagine X1T sa Image T5.
The Image series seems to still be active even when the Imagine X has been launched for quite some time already. I just don't get the product positioning that PSB is doing right now, coz with this new Imagine T3, it overlaps with the Synchrony series. I guess Paul Barton would just want us to have more choices on his speaker lineup.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2014 at 01:03 AM by sientobente »

Offline luis

• DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1244 on: Oct 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM »
The Image series seems to still be active even when the Imagine X has been launched for quite some time already. I just don't get the product positioning that PSB is doing right now, coz with this new Imagine T3, it overlaps with the Synchrony series. I guess Paul Barton would just want us to have more choices on his speaker lineup.

my thoughts:  on imagine x, you get an imagine sound for the price of image, not a bad selling proposition; on imagine T3, i've got a funny feeling that synchrony series will be discontinued.

:)

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1245 on: Oct 28, 2014 at 10:46 AM »
I think so too. Matanda na si Synchrony series.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #1246 on: Oct 29, 2014 at 10:18 AM »

I have a feeling that a new Image series will come up repositioned at a lower price point. The current Image series is going low on stocks in many countries.

If that holds true, maybe the Alpha name would be used on another product or would be pushed to a new price bracket.
« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2014 at 10:20 AM by Stagea »

Offline kranoz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1247 on: Nov 09, 2014 at 09:11 AM »
PSB Imagine X series available na sa Nov. Hifi show . Their setup is paired with NAD amps and thorens Turntable.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2014 at 09:25 AM by kranoz »

Offline bhenard

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Practice perfect,nobody is perfect,so why practice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1248 on: Nov 09, 2014 at 10:29 PM »
stick muna ako sa PSB T6 ko...great performance pa din
Samsung UA75' F8000
OnkyoTX-NR616/Onkyo RZ730
PSB T6 / Polk tsi100 a3/a4/a6
TanoyTS2.10/ SVS PB12

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1249 on: Feb 24, 2015 at 07:44 PM »
just want to update this thread.

i just met sir rex of watt hi fi kanina sa makati cinema square looking for a separate music setup, muntik ko pa di makita yung shop nasa tabi lang pala ng dunkin donuts,layo pa naman quezon city to makati. meron din pala sila dalawa pang shop sa ground floor Watts Hi Fi din.

i personaly tested yung bagong dating na PSB imagine XB, yun daw pumalit sa PSB image B6. this was connected to NAD 516 cdp and NAD 326 bee integrated amp. my observation: maganda yung highs and mids, malambing at nakakarelax tumunog, parang ayaw ko na nga umuwi. baka mapuyat ako araw araw pag eto lagi ang kasama ko kasi ang sarap ng tunog. same size cya ng PSB image B5 pero mas maganda sound kasi nasa imagine series cya, angat ng isang level. tested also PSB imagine b speakers, mas maganda ang mids pero at the price of 40k plus, bang for the buck ang imagine xb.

then,pinakabitan ko ng subwoofer yung PSB sub series 200, lalong gumanda ang lows. tight and accurate and bass, perfect combo for music setup. plan ko pa sana itry yung Rel T5 pero since gumagabi na, di ko na natry.

ok kausap si sir rex, very accomodating at mabait na tao. para nga kami nasa seminar at cya yung professor, magaling magdiscuss sa mga customers sa shop at kabisado mga audio gears nya. audition and let your ears decide. dito pala puwede gawin yun kasi puwede ka magpalit palit ng gears to try different combinations. nakita ko rin yung synchrony speakers nya worth 100k plus and also tested Martin Logan electrostatic speakers worth 300k pala yun (though i cant afford to buy that one,hehe nacurious lang kung ano ang sound)

in the end, nakabili din naman ako, isang pirasong cd.. hehe. though i'll be back..soon.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #1250 on: Feb 24, 2015 at 08:57 PM »

i just met sir rex of watt hi fi kanina sa makati cinema square looking for a separate music setup, muntik ko pa di makita yung shop nasa tabi lang pala ng dunkin donuts,layo pa naman quezon city to makati. meron din pala sila dalawa pang shop sa ground floor Watts Hi Fi din.

i personaly tested yung bagong dating na PSB imagine XB, yun daw pumalit sa PSB image B6. this was connected to NAD 516 cdp and NAD 326 bee integrated amp. my observation: maganda yung highs and mids, malambing at nakakarelax tumunog, parang ayaw ko na nga umuwi. baka mapuyat ako araw araw pag eto lagi ang kasama ko kasi ang sarap ng tunog. same size cya ng PSB image B5 pero mas maganda sound kasi nasa imagine series cya, angat ng isang level. tested also PSB imagine b speakers, mas maganda ang mids pero at the price of 40k plus, bang for the buck ang imagine xb.

then,pinakabitan ko ng subwoofer yung PSB sub series 200, lalong gumanda ang lows. tight and accurate and bass, perfect combo for music setup. plan ko pa sana itry yung Rel T5 pero since gumagabi na, di ko na natry.

ok kausap si sir rex, very accomodating at mabait na tao. para nga kami nasa seminar at cya yung professor, magaling magdiscuss sa mga customers sa shop at kabisado mga audio gears nya. audition and let your ears decide. dito pala puwede gawin yun kasi puwede ka magpalit palit ng gears to try different combinations. nakita ko rin yung synchrony speakers nya worth 100k plus and also tested Martin Logan electrostatic speakers worth 300k pala yun (though i cant afford to buy that one,hehe nacurious lang kung ano ang sound)

in the end, nakabili din naman ako, isang pirasong cd.. hehe. though i'll be back..soon.

That was my favorite audio shop when I was working in Makati!  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1251 on: Feb 24, 2015 at 09:49 PM »

The best talaga dyan.... The best si Rex at yung Tito nya... Lahat ng Audio gears ko dyan galing.. From amp, pre amp, sub, at speakers he he he

And lahat ng speakers ko from HT to Audio puro PSB... Sub lang hindi pero kina rex din galing..
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2015 at 09:50 PM by Courage »
Walang Setup

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1252 on: Feb 25, 2015 at 09:12 AM »
Try ^^ mo next nga yung REL T5. :)

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1253 on: Feb 26, 2015 at 07:55 PM »
di ko pa try ang Rel T5, kc baka pag narinig ko, magamit ko credit card ko ng hindi oras..hehe

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #1254 on: Feb 26, 2015 at 08:28 PM »
^ Laki ng discount pag cash, from 32K atah magiging 26K nalang yang T5, kung tama computation ko ng 15% hehe

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1255 on: Feb 26, 2015 at 08:48 PM »
di ko pa try ang Rel T5, kc baka pag narinig ko, magamit ko credit card ko ng hindi oras..hehe

Try it. Di ka mag sisisi... Its worthit..
Walang Setup

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1256 on: Feb 26, 2015 at 11:46 PM »
The best talaga yang What Hifi! ;) Tagal ko na pala di nakabisita. Would like to try out those new Imagine XBs.

Regarding the T5, I'm not sure if their listening environment will give justice to REL. Napansin ko kasi sa REL, mas maganda kapag mas maraming reflective surface like wood. It makes the small sub sound larger without compromising zero localization.

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1257 on: Mar 02, 2015 at 11:07 AM »
sir, napansin ko lang, you re an avid fan of Rel T5 but why did you buy PSB 300 instead? yun bang reflective surfaces sa listening environment mo ang reason why you choose PSB300?

or you have both Rel T5 and PSB300?

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1258 on: Mar 02, 2015 at 01:52 PM »
sir, napansin ko lang, you re an avid fan of Rel T5 but why did you buy PSB 300 instead? yun bang reflective surfaces sa listening environment mo ang reason why you choose PSB300?

or you have both Rel T5 and PSB300?
I have both sir. The Subseries 300 is connected to my 5.2 HT, while the REL T5 is in my 2.1 Condo Setup. Solb kahit magisa lang yung Subseries 300 sa 36sqm bedroom ko. ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2015 at 01:57 PM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1259 on: Mar 02, 2015 at 02:11 PM »
I have both sir. The Subseries 300 is connected to my 5.2 HT, while the REL T5 is in my 2.1 Condo Setup. Solb kahit magisa lang yung Subseries 300 sa 36sqm bedroom ko. ;)

Pang romantic audio yung Setup ni Gerard sa Condo kaya andun ang Rel...
Walang Setup