Author Topic: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...  (Read 241963 times)

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: PSB SPEAKERS OWNER SPEAKS OUT...
« Reply #60 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 10:25 AM »
Like ko ang mga small woofer psbs, yung mga malalaking psb ay ehem.
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #61 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 10:27 AM »
Like ko ang mga small woofer psbs, yung mga malalaking psb ay ehem.

What characteristic does the bigger ones have?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 602
« Reply #62 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 11:02 AM »
The bigger ones have a warm sound that can become bloated in a smaller room, imho. Some people also fault them for enclosure resonance, though many far more expensive speakers do have the same issue. They are great speakers, nonetheless. Of the 3 sets I've owned, I found the Imagine series the most neutral.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
The Image B-6 sounded quite good when I heard it at Watts Hi Fi. I also listened to the Synchrony floorstanders with a movie playing and they sounded superb, of course the price is pretty superb too!  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2011 at 11:39 AM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 12:26 PM »
Image series = superb... Synchrony =  :o :o :o

Loved the B6 since I first heard it and if given the chance to own one again (I'm about to sell mine... black B6), I'd get one in cherry.  ;D

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Apr 03, 2011 at 06:43 PM »
The Image B-6 sounded quite good when I heard it at Watts Hi Fi. I also listened to the Synchrony floorstanders with a movie playing and they sounded superb, of course the price is pretty superb too!  ;D

PSB Synchrony speakers never sound fluttered. They have a relaxed presentation that is very easy to listen to.

However, I want a little bit of caffeine in my music and the Imagine line delivers that dose.

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 06:57 PM »
The 1st time i heard PSB speaker I was very impress on how it sound kahit bookshelf (PSB Alpha B1). Kaya ngayon looking forward of owning one, bukas I will give an update on how a PSB B6 sounds using the yamaha dsp-a1 and onkyo 606..and hopefully it will still sound good sa Onkyo since nabenta na yung yamaha. ;D

Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 07:45 PM »
The 1st time i heard PSB speaker I was very impress on how it sound kahit bookshelf (PSB Alpha B1). Kaya ngayon looking forward of owning one, bukas I will give an update on how a PSB B6 sounds using the yamaha dsp-a1 and onkyo 606..and hopefully it will still sound good sa Onkyo since nabenta na yung yamaha. ;D

With my Onkyo 608, the PSB B-4's midrange sounds so good, it's so smooth!  ;D In fact I'm still considering switching to an all PSB set-up because of the way the B-4 sounds.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2011 at 07:48 PM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 09:55 PM »
With my Onkyo 608, the PSB B-4's midrange sounds so good, it's so smooth!  ;D In fact I'm still considering switching to an all PSB set-up because of the way the B-4 sounds.

Just continue evaluating them bro. The more you hear them with varied material, the better you can judge if the output suits your preference. :)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:07 PM »
Just continue evaluating them bro. The more you hear them with varied material, the better you can judge if the output suits your preference. :)

I just did another evaluation against my Klipsch speakers using music. The midrange of the B-4 is better than the Klipsch but then the Klipsch produces a lot more detail at higher frequencies that sound muffled with the PSB. I wonder if the Mezzo 2 will outdo both?  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:32 PM »
Sir Ronald (buzzworth) just got the B6s a while ago. Let's wait for his impressions as I haven't really heard the Image series with Onkyo.

@Conan
I've used the B6 with both a CA amp and cdp and it still retained its midrange prowess. Plus it also inherited a little bit of the CA signature sound and had more details as compared to when it was hooked up to a NAD amp/cdp. Though the vocals had more warmth when it was connected to a NAD combo.

The Mezzo2... now that's going to be another story as I've yet to own one... better get one as well...  ;D

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 10:42 PM »

The Mezzo2... now that's going to be another story as I've yet to own one... better get one as well...  ;D

Ha-ha! Actually I've always thought that the Mezzo 2 is the best sounding bookshelf that I've heard to date. I was even impressed with the Mezzo 1! The only thing that stopped me from getting it was the Mezzo center did not impress me as much the Klipsch center. But I can never forget the sound of those Mezzo's!  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Apr 04, 2011 at 11:40 PM »
Check out the marketplace. Image series being sold at lower prices.  :o

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 03:36 AM »
Conan,

Try to take off the speaker grilles and have the psbs face you directly. Re-evaluate the highs to see if that sounds better for you
. :)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 08:46 AM »
Conan,

Try to take off the speaker grilles and have the psbs face you directly. Re-evaluate the highs to see if that sounds better for you

Ok will try again later.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline buzzworth

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 09:30 AM »
Sir Ronald (buzzworth) just got the B6s a while ago. Let's wait for his impressions as I haven't really heard the Image series with Onkyo.

Bro Russ.. thanks again for a very smooth deal. 1st thing I did when I got home is to connect the PSB B6 to Onkyo606. 1st test, watch the David Pomeranz and Friends concert..and iba talaga, I really love the way the speaker sounds. Right now, testing it sa audio naman, jazz and vocals and it is really very detailed...overall, it is a good match with Onkyo606...ayoko na i-test sa Yamaha baka magulo ulit ang isip ko.. :)

Now looking forward for an all PSB setup... ;D
Onkyo TX-sr606
Sansui AU-666
PSB Image B6
Bose Accoustimas 7
LG LD460
Pilyo amp and RE Sr10[

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 10:33 AM »
Bro Russ.. thanks again for a very smooth deal. 1st thing I did when I got home is to connect the PSB B6 to Onkyo606. 1st test, watch the David Pomeranz and Friends concert..and iba talaga, I really love the way the speaker sounds. Right now, testing it sa audio naman, jazz and vocals and it is really very detailed...overall, it is a good match with Onkyo606...ayoko na i-test sa Yamaha baka magulo ulit ang isip ko.. :)

Congrats, Sir Buzzworth. It's hard to go wrong with those speakers. :)

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 12:04 PM »
I have a pair of PSB Image B25's... that i use as my office system.

Very good sounding speakers.  Currently paired with a BADA Purer integrated tube amp and it plays very good music, If i do say so myself.

Will probably let go of the PSB's, as I recently purchased a new set of speakers... but, will have to test the new set first to see which one i will retain.

It all depends on which pair gives me the sound that I am looking for.

rgds,

Noel
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Apr 05, 2011 at 04:53 PM »
Conan,

I took off the speaker grills and swapped the PSB B4,s position with the Klipsch RB 61 so that they would be a bit nearer toward the center and the Klipsch would be farther. Well the unintended result was that the Klipsch's sound quality improved again! The mids, the highs and the bass improved, it's not even fair to compare them against the B4 anymore.

Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 12:50 AM »

That's good to hear bro! Now you know why maiyak iyak pa ako nung inaabot ko yung B6...  :'(
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2011 at 12:51 AM by beginner »

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Apr 06, 2011 at 01:01 AM »
I took off the speaker grills and swapped the PSB B4,s position with the Klipsch RB 61 so that they would be a bit nearer toward the center and the Klipsch would be farther. Well the unintended result was that the Klipsch's sound quality improved again! The mids, the highs and the bass improved, it's not even fair to compare them against the B4 anymore.

Haha! Good for you Sir Conan. Those RB61s totally dwarfed the B4s. Hehe!

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2011 at 05:59 AM »
I'm thinking about getting Alpha B1s as my rear surrounds or should I forget about it and aim for higher models? This review seems to speak very well of them
http://www.stereophile.com/content/psb-alpha-b1-loudspeaker-specifications

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2011 at 06:04 AM »
I'm thinking about getting Alpha B1s as my rear surrounds or should I forget about it and aim for higher models? This review seems to speak very well of them

What are your front speakers?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2011 at 06:55 AM »

They are great speakers for the price. However, unless you intend to replace your other speakers with PSBs, then matching your front set would seem to be the most logical option imho.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2011 at 07:03 AM »
They are great speakers for the price. However, unless you intend to replace your other speakers with PSBs, then matching your front set would seem to be the most logical option imho.
good morning master ivan :) ah ganun ba? i think i have to stick with my missions :(

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2011 at 06:01 AM »
I agree, they're great speakers for the price. Though I'd say, if you like how it sounds, go for it. Since you'll be using it for your rear surrounds, you can enjoy your mission fronts for the meantime without having to think much about matching issues with your Mission LCR. You can then decide later on if you really wanna go the all PSB route.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2011 at 01:53 PM »
I agree, they're great speakers for the price. Though I'd say, if you like how it sounds, go for it. Since you'll be using it for your rear surrounds, you can enjoy your mission fronts for the meantime without having to think much about matching issues with your Mission LCR. You can then decide later on if you really wanna go the all PSB route.

Ayun o. Good suggestion din. Pag di mo nagustohan yung PSB, edi mag Mission na lang ulet sa surround back then donate mo samin yung PSB.

Kung nagustohan mo yung PSB, palitan mo yung Missions.... then donate mo samin yung Missions. ;D

Offline napshell571

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2011 at 10:18 PM »
I have a pair of PSB Image B25's... that i use as my office system.

Very good sounding speakers.  Currently paired with a BADA Purer integrated tube amp and it plays very good music, If i do say so myself.

Will probably let go of the PSB's, as I recently purchased a new set of speakers... but, will have to test the new set first to see which one i will retain.

It all depends on which pair gives me the sound that I am looking for.

rgds,

Noel

Hi sir nbc,
Have you retained the psb image B25? Can we have an update? TIA

Offline beginner

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2011 at 01:30 AM »

Ayun o. Good suggestion din. Pag di mo nagustohan yung PSB, edi mag Mission na lang ulet sa surround back then donate mo samin yung PSB.

Kung nagustohan mo yung PSB, palitan mo yung Missions.... then donate mo samin yung Missions. ;D

Either way, you still win Idol Gerard... because you get to have what you really want...  ;D

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
Either way, you still win Idol Gerard... because you get to have what you really want...  ;D

Hehehe donation ang usapan dito. E mas mayaman kayong di hamak sa akin. Ako nalang maghihintay ng donation from the 2 of you :)