Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2  (Read 9407 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
The Amazing Race Asia 2
« on: Nov 02, 2007 at 10:49 AM »
The racers of The Amazing Race Asia 2 were introduced last night on AXN. Most of the teams were composed of dudes/dudettes, and well, most of them look the same.  :P

Two teams are from the Philippines--2 TV hosts, Rovilson whatshisname from Game Plan, and the annoying Marc Nelson of that similar sports show from ABS-CBN (thank God the even more annoying Diane Castillejo didn't join). The other "Pinoy" team is a husband and wife team, Henry & Trinidad Reed. I was expecting more full Pinoys to join up--not these people who probably aren't even Filipino citizens.  :P

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 02:52 PM »
So no one's watching this anymore because TAR is also on? ;D I actually forgot that this premiered last week. I thought the first episode was pretty tight, specially if it's compared to last season. It was just a shame that they had to go to Manila on such a miserable rainy day. Hope they don't leave the country immediately after the pit stop.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2007 at 02:52 PM by sardaukar »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 08:13 PM »
I'm DVR-ing it to watch as a marathon after the current season of The REAL Amazing Race, so I'll be avoiding this thread to avoid spoilers.  ;D
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2007 at 08:47 AM »
I admire your resolve, Hankey! :)

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2007 at 09:30 AM »
si Terri nakakatawa, parang lukaret...

di ko gusto sina Marc at whatshisname, mga camera muggers, nakalimutan ata nila na nasa race sila at hindi sa isang hosting job, ANG KORNI NILA!
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2007 at 09:31 AM by Tampalos »

Offline demented_angel

• DVD Guru
  • i'm wishing on a star, to follow where you are...
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 08:56 AM »
si Terri nakakatawa, parang lukaret...

di ko gusto sina Marc at whatshisname, mga camera muggers, nakalimutan ata nila na nasa race sila at hindi sa isang hosting job, ANG KORNI NILA!

he's name is rovilson, and he's the editor in chief of maxim philippines  ;D

Offline qwerty765

• Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: Dec 07, 2007 at 04:36 PM »
This edition of Amazing Race Asia is definitely better than the first one.

Whereas there are a lot of whimps in the first one, in this edition participants cry because of frustrations rather than being afraid of the challenge.

In the last episode, the participants gamely did the challenge in new zealand and they seem to enjoy it.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2007 at 08:17 AM »
Agree. The contestants have more personality this time around. They are really entertaining. The two HK girls who can't stop fighting are one of my favorites. I thought I was going to get irritated with Rovilson and Marc but, surprisingly, I am starting to appreciate their presence in the show. Being hosts themselves, they know that you have to engage the audience, which they do. It makes for a more interesting, and watchable show.

Now, Terri... wow, what can I say. She may be entertaining but I also have to say that she may put Filipinas in a bad light. But then, who really takes contestants in reality shows seriously? :)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2007 at 08:27 AM »
Agree. The contestants have more personality this time around. They are really entertaining. The two HK girls who can't stop fighting are one of my favorites. I thought I was going to get irritated with Rovilson and Marc but, surprisingly, I am starting to appreciate their presence in the show. Being hosts themselves, they know that you have to engage the audience, which they do. It makes for a more interesting, and watchable show.

Now, Terri... wow, what can I say. She may be entertaining but I also have to say that she may put Filipinas in a bad light. But then, who really takes contestants in reality shows seriously? :)
I am following this.   I laughed when Terri made her husband cry........I have to recommend an award to Henry for enduring 13 years with Terri.  She's one huge loudmouth....and always pins blame to her hubby for any wrong choices they both made.    ;D ;D

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2007 at 10:32 AM »
Grabe yun. I really have to admire the guy for putting up with that kind of s hit. That kind of behavior won't fly with me.

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2007 at 06:48 AM »
Marc and Rovilwhatshisname still bother me.  Not bad racers by any means but their hosting posturing irks me to no end especially Whatshisname.

like come on beyotch, cut that "trying to be funny" crap coz you're failing MISERABLY!

she's definitely entertaining and to answer your question, I guess most Filipinos who think she puts Filipinas into bad light are taking reality shows "too" seriously...

if you look at the comments of international (non-Asian) viewers from other forums, they don't really see her as Filipina, just a screeching loudmouth... the same way these viewers look at Marc and whatshisname as ANNOYING Mactors who seem to be auditioning for a hosting job for TAR...

P.S. I LOVE WATCHING AURELIA and her ditzy-ness although if I were in the race with her, I would have taped her mouth shut...
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007 at 06:49 AM by Tampalos »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 01:19 PM »
I don't know. Cocky as Marovilson are, they are the most entertaining team on the show. You can argue that Henry & Terri got them beat in the entertainment department. Then I'd conclude that we have very different ideas about what entertainment should be.

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2007 at 01:41 PM by Phobos »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 01:43 PM »
Funny thing is that the host is so obviously insecure when he's in front of Marc and Rovilson. I think he's afraid that those two could jeopardize his tenure on the show.

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2007 at 08:36 PM »
too bad, my Aurelia is gone...

Marc and whatshisname still bug big time... and Terri has just reached new heights of stubborness and screechiness

and yeah, the host (whose name I won't try to bother knowing) SUCKS, can't they find someone who's more spontaneous and look less retarded? and please not Marc and blahblahblah... ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 01:03 AM »
Teri is really fukcin annoyin!!!   

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 04:22 AM »
just got to watch the first 5 episodes today.

teri is just irritating!!  i sure hope she gets eliminated soon.  ako din sobrang bilib kay henry!!  how can he withstand an attitude like that for 13 years??  love is really blind i guess??

although marc and rovilson are pa-cute, i'm still rooting for them since they represent the philippines.

and my fav team, team Japanese!!  although not much character, they do get along well and they are really nice! :)

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #16 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 10:50 AM »
ako gusto ko si marc and whatshisname! being pa-cute notwithstanding, they have carried themselves well. ang tanong ko lang, filipino ba si marc nelson?

Offline borly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • pinoyDVD
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 07:11 PM »
marc & rowilson are whopping ass!

paula is just to die for. :)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 07:15 PM »
True, and the best thing is that they are doing it without really looking like they'll kill anyone just to win a leg. They are obviously having fun.

Offline Tampalos

• Collector
  • Tsing Tsang Tsung
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 08:25 PM »
hoho man... if only all of you can hear what the non-Asian TAR fans have to say about them...

let's just say that these two have a hate shrine in two forums... that's how much they're despised by a lot of the true-blue fans of The Amazing Race... fans who hate stunt casting and Mactors, fans who prefer to watch real people go through the race for the experience and not for actors trying to audition and pimp themselves on TV...

Marc and especially Roviltwat just so d**n annoying, disgustingly scripted, camera-wh*res...

they can have fun without having to "ACT" and spout lame one-liners and jokes... is this too hard for them to do?

For now, I'd rather take Terri's whiny b!tchin over those two twats... at least her whiny childish drama is for real...
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2007 at 08:27 PM by Tampalos »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 09:05 PM »
Never really cared what other people think. I'm not a lemming.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Dec 30, 2007 at 06:09 PM »
ako gusto ko si marc and whatshisname! being pa-cute notwithstanding, they have carried themselves well. ang tanong ko lang, filipino ba si marc nelson?

I am also rooting for those Marc & Rovilson although nakakainis mga stunts nila minsan... nope Marc Nelson is Australian/Malaysian I believe - Australian by citizenship yata  ???

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 30, 2007 at 06:15 PM »
Terri reminds me of that German character in Austin Powers - Frau Farbissina - always shouting when she's talking to poor Henry  ;D

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 05:08 PM »
wow! am hooked on this show! marc and rovilson seem unbeatable. they netter win kungdi nakakahiya! leading all the way tapos baka ma-upset! naawa ako kay henry. verbally abused husband? but 2 consecutive non-elim episodes? c'mon? ayaw lang nila matanggal sina terri and henry coz they know it's ratings gold!

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 08:13 PM »
watching this for the hot sisters(Pamela and Vanessa) and hot friends (Natasha and Paula).
yum! ;D
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2008 at 12:14 AM »
Best exchange between teams this episode was Rovilson telling the Singapore guys, "See you in Russia!" To which one of the Singaporeans replied, "I thought it's Spain?". Of course, the teams were going to Germany. :)

What I don't know is why the Desperate Housewives are considered the "bitches" this season. All of the teams hate them. The only team that hasn't said anything bad about the moms are Marc and Rovilson.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 01:37 PM »
LOL, yeah, that was another memorable quote.

Offline dni

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 12:01 AM »
finally terri and henry are out.  i just hate the non-stop shouting she is doing...

the sisters should have waited for natasha and paula!!  mas exciting kung yung moms were paired with terri/henry!!  haha

marc and rovilson hasn't said anything bad about the moms but i believe they don't like the moms either!!!  how many times were they 1st?  7 or 8 times out of 9??  they need to win this race if not nakakahiya talaga.  they may be over and super pa-cute but they are racing wisely!!  galing!!

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 21, 2008 at 12:33 AM »
They finished second in only two legs -- the first one in Manila and then the one in Japan, which Dai-ichi and Sawaka won.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2008 at 10:12 AM »
 ;D Even with their numerous victories and loot bags (Sony HD Handycam, US$5,000, etc.,), how come I don't feel so totally proud of these guys representing the Philippines? Marc can consider himself a Filipino by association only but his blood lineage is totally not Filipino and Rovilson is half-Filipino. And they don't look Pinoys too IMHO. Whatever, I wish them Bring it Boyz!