Author Topic: The Amazing Race Asia 2  (Read 9412 times)

Offline jm33_babe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Amazing Race Asia 2
« Reply #60 on: Feb 14, 2008 at 10:32 PM »
adrian and colin

Offline keilu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 07:41 AM »
only caught the last part.
i knew adrian and colin won - they already have a commercial with sony  ;D
anyways, it was a better season than the first one  ;)

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 09:00 AM »
Double D.  Depressing and Dissapointing for me and my wife.  hehehe.

considering may mga "malas" sina adrian.  eg. hindi pinaiwan taxi and they had to flag for one after getting the clue, bumaliktad yung quadbike and muntik ma injure, stuck wheels ng quadbike.

I wanted Mark and Rovillson to win cause I enjoy seeing the grimacing host whenever they do.  :D ;D

Inis na inis siya everytime first sa isang leg yung 2. So this time ang saya niya.
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #63 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 09:52 AM »
Dumb *ss Rovilson, he blew it.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #64 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 10:14 AM »
oo nga. It takes the award for "stupid move of the season". I don't know why the two decided that Rovilson do it. They should've taken a cue from the final task of the last few seasons of TAR. Marc is obviously the brains between the two so he really should've taken that challenge.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #65 on: Feb 15, 2008 at 11:32 PM »
i watched the finale with my friends. it was such a letdown after  ;D marc must be having nightmares about letting rovilson do the detour. the thing is, those two always seemed the most prepared - for example, they had gloves and nose clips when they had to shovel s***. couldn't believe they didn't think of noting down the flags of the countries they went to. i've seen at least one amazing race season with that as one of the final tasks.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #66 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 03:19 PM »
nakarma yata sila dahil sa deception nila sa sand dune. :P anyway, oks lang, nakapanalo naman si rovilson ng pretty babe! adrian and colin have zero personality

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Feb 16, 2008 at 07:10 PM »
couldn't believe they didn't think of noting down the flags of the countries they went to.

Too bad Rovilson didn't play Carmen Sandiego when he was younger.
« Last Edit: Feb 16, 2008 at 07:11 PM by dobler »

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Feb 18, 2008 at 05:58 AM »
I don't know why the two decided that Rovilson do it.

I think they decided before the race to do road blocks alternatively so as not to waste time arguing about who should do it. I just wish they ignored this rule for this leg of the race. But I'm pretty sure that Rovilson is now an expert in flags.

nakarma yata sila dahil sa deception nila sa sand dune.

Then what would you have done if you found out that the team behind you was only following your tracks?
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008 at 06:00 AM by Phobos »

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Feb 19, 2008 at 10:42 PM »
 >:(  I saw the dismal ending of this show. It would have been a lovely sight seeing Marc and Rovilson arriving first with the Philippine flag  in tow. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

BUT if you add up the value of the entire prizes the two got everytime they finish 1st, which includes a US$5,000 visa credit each, a Sony HD vidcam, an all expense paid trip/accomodation to Capetown, South Africa and I forgot the rest, their finishing 3rd doesn't look bad at all.  WAGI PA RIN!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 19, 2008 at 10:49 PM by blitzkrieg »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #70 on: Feb 20, 2008 at 08:10 AM »
>:(  I saw the dismal ending of this show. It would have been a lovely sight seeing Marc and Rovilson arriving first with the Philippine flag  in tow. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

BUT if you add up the value of the entire prizes the two got everytime they finish 1st, which includes a US$5,000 visa credit each, a Sony HD vidcam, an all expense paid trip/accomodation to Capetown, South Africa and I forgot the rest, their finishing 3rd doesn't look bad at all.  WAGI PA RIN!! ;D ;D ;D

Plus 1 year free fuel from caltex ;D yeah being first is just an icing on the cake sana :D Good thing about them is they are so cool under pressure ;)

Offline Mo®pHeOu$

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GO GREEN: LET'S DO OUR SHARE IN SAVING OUR PLANET
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Feb 21, 2008 at 05:48 AM »
Sayang talaga!  Nagkamali sila ng decision for Rovilson to play the flag game.

Well, atleast they still had the composure to run with the Philippine flag in their hands.  So patriotic!  :D

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #72 on: Feb 21, 2008 at 09:02 PM »
this is a freakin' disappointment when i watched it.   >:( they had the momentum but rovilson blew it!
but this is a great episode to end the season, we've expected they're too good to finish first but in the end they were last  ;D i had to give it to adrian and colin because if there's a more deserving team that would be them.

did you hear what pamela and vanessa said when they went second? they did better than the PH boys even if they didn't get 1st! mwehehe

somebody please give rovilson a poster of different flags like the ones in national bookstore or quiapo!!!  :P
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline jm33_babe

• Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Feb 21, 2008 at 10:48 PM »
and the frustrating thing was marc majored in geography

... makes me wonder what made them decide for rovilson to do the task. ???

somebody please give rovilson a poster of different flags like the ones in national bookstore or quiapo!!!  :P

during the finale party of TARA2 at singapore... flags jokes were thrown to rovilson. and the bday cake given to marc were decorated with ..... what else flags... ;D

allan wu keep saying that they were "good sport"
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2008 at 04:04 PM by jm33_babe »

Offline runner10

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 09:09 AM »
Just goes to show........ brain > brawn    ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Feb 22, 2008 at 09:53 AM »
Well most of the tasks were so much easy compared to getting there.   At least I have to give credit to Marc and Rovilson for being so good in moving from place to place using whatever help and resources they can find along the way (and their charm I guess).  That's not mere brawn IMO.   That's the problem with the other Philippine team. I remember the husband mentioning in an interview that they tried doing things on their own instead of seeking assistance from others.

Anyway, just tough luck in the end though for M&R.

Haven't watched the original Amazing Race yet but are there really that much bunching up?  It would have been more interesting if the producers can find ways to give the contestants many options of getting from one point to another.   The struggle to find the earliest flight from Singapore to Frankfurt was a good example.   Contestants could have been given the choice to drive from Frankfurt to Prague instead of waiting hours for the overnight train.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 05:34 PM »
 ;D What's this I hear that for the next Amazing Race Asia, the Philippines will have as reps:

NENE TAMAYO and RICO BARRERA?

I have no doubts on Nene's power to conquer. Rico? I don't know..

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 06:02 PM »
Really? Maybe they just applied. The application period for TARA 3 has been extended so I don't think teams have been shortlisted yet. Many "celebrities" are applying for the show though. Just last season, I saw the audition video of Joaquin Valdes.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #78 on: Mar 05, 2008 at 09:18 PM »
The way things are going in TAR Asia, it seems the next race will have to start and end in the Philippines for a Philippine team to win. ::)