Author Topic: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out  (Read 164355 times)

Offline Dday

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 01:10 PM »
OK ba ang NAD sa Whaferdale 9.1 FS, WHT Center and Rear/Surround Speakers?

For Home Theater? We'll see... New series of Nad receiver will be available next month.  ;D :D

Patience lang po mga sir. ;)

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jan 25, 2008 at 02:11 PM »
Sir you can add us to your list of dealers as well:

AUDIO AMPLIFIED INC. www.audioamplified.com  395-5115

We will likewise carry the well regarded Master Series per agreement with atty :)  Salamat

Offline abj104

• Collector
  • "let's jam !
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 03:36 PM »
Sir,
I have a NAd 35 watts integrated ampli.
kapag i connect ko ba sa rxv 800  [100w x 5 ] lalakas ba yung tunog nya?
saan ko sya i connect kung posible.?
di ko na kasi nagagamit yung yamaha ko ,baka masira lang sa pagka stock nya.
Thanks!

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 10:41 PM »
If your NAD has pre-outs, connect them to the Main Amp Ins of your Yamaha receiver, if it has them.  Don't connect them to the line-ins of your receiver as they will overload the receiver to clipping.

Offline abj104

• Collector
  • "let's jam !
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 11:22 PM »
Av_phile1,
Thanks Sir, and I will connect the spkr to the RXv800?

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2008 at 11:24 PM »
Yes. Does your receiver have amp Main Ins?

Offline Poloman888

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Feb 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM »
If your NAD has pre-outs, connect them to the Main Amp Ins of your Yamaha receiver, if it has them.  Don't connect them to the line-ins of your receiver as they will overload the receiver to clipping.

AV_phile,  using the same NAD integrated amp as an example, will connecting a power amp via the pre-outs of the NAD retain the sound quality of the NAD, but now much louder?  Or, will the power amp's sound quality dominate now since the NAD functions as a pre-amp? Does amp matching now come into play, thus, the challenge of finding the right pairing between pre and power amps?

thanks  :)

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Feb 28, 2008 at 01:03 AM »
Pre-outs of many receivers have pretty much standard impedances and output voltages to drive most commercial power amps to their rated power.   Am talking about SS gears.   Ideally power amps are there to drive and control your speakers as neutrally and transparently as possible.  (And the player/pre-amp's sonic character dominates, though even a player and preamp should be neutral and transparent.)  But that's more than I can say for some power amps, especially those built for receivers.  As far as quality contribution is concerned (sonic coloration), generally, both will have a say.  Personally I prefer the more neutral high current NAD amps.  Many AV pundits in other forums use a Yamaha receiver as a preamp, even the mighty Z9 paired to a multichanel Aragon or Bryston power amp.  Yamaha preamp/processors in recievers are excellent and can almost match in features anything Krell and Sunfire standalone preamps costing twice can offer. 

Having said that, I would suggest you try out the config you want.  Part of the fun in this hobby is experimenting between gears where you have a number of reasonable options to play around with.  For as long as you're not shorting out anything in your connections, or overdriving/under-driving a component, try those options and hear for yourself if any improvement comes out.  This hobby is a learning process. 

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008 at 01:25 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline Poloman888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Feb 28, 2008 at 08:45 PM »
Thanks much.  :)

Offline Poloman888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 12:14 AM »
Following the lengthy discussion in the BS + SW thread, I removed the jumper of the left channel, used a Y-connector (1 RCA to 2 RCAs), then split the pre-out into the main-in while the other line ran into an active sub on low volume. Tried various genre of music with a resulting perceptible SQ difference. Deeper bass. Mas buo yung tunog.  After reading that lengthy discussion and trying it out, I realized that there is some wisdom behind the standmount plus SW combination. 
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2008 at 03:08 PM by Poloman888 »

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 03:57 PM »
would the NAD C352 (2nd hand/older/cheaper) be a better choice than a bnew NAD C325BEE?

please help!!!

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #41 on: Mar 12, 2008 at 08:04 PM »
would the NAD C352 (2nd hand/older/cheaper) be a better choice than a bnew NAD C325BEE?

please help!!!

Yes. . .

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • live life to the fullest and die happy...
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 08:57 AM »
mga bossing ask ko lang kung ano kaya problem ng NAD c325bee ko? because sometime when i turn the volume in to high or low using the remote my amp suddenly stop at first i thought its was the remote alone... so i try to turn the volume knob it gives me the same result... then i read the manual and i learned that the amp will automatically turn off kapag nag over heat... the probelm is kabubukas ko pa lang ng unit help me on this plssss...  :'( TIA
[img width=468 height=97]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd317

Offline Reymer

• Trade Count: (+144)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 09:08 AM »
mga bossing ask ko lang kung ano kaya problem ng NAD c325bee ko? because sometime when i turn the volume in to high or low using the remote my amp suddenly stop at first i thought its was the remote alone... so i try to turn the volume knob it gives me the same result... then i read the manual and i learned that the amp will automatically turn off kapag nag over heat... the probelm is kabubukas ko pa lang ng unit help me on this plssss...  :'( TIA

Check your connections, ie. the speakers wires. Kung walang shorted, then there is something wrong with the amp. Have it checked, under warranty pa ba?

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 01:35 PM »
Check your connections, ie. the speakers wires. Kung walang shorted, then there is something wrong with the amp. Have it checked, under warranty pa ba?

yup under warranty pa siguro nga best thing to do is pa check ko ito sa pinag bilan ko thanks....

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #45 on: Apr 01, 2008 at 02:37 PM »
yup under warranty pa siguro nga best thing to do is pa check ko ito sa pinag bilan ko thanks....

Good decision before you void the warranty in experimenting..you might got lemon unit, if the factory deffect better ask for new replacement.  ;)
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Apr 02, 2008 at 12:59 PM »
Good decision before you void the warranty in experimenting..you might got lemon unit, if the factory deffect better ask for new replacement.  ;)

yup dinala ko yesterday ang problema pag dating dun hindi na nag loloko ;D pero pina iwan ko na din para ma check... :'(

Offline nels76

• DVD Addict
  • extraordinarily intense AUDIO
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008 at 01:35 PM »
I am a new Member of NAD Followers.

I have just bought a NAD C325 BEE for my Stereo Listening. It is connected to an MS 912.
My Kenwood VR-6070 (5 years na to) is connected to it. During 5.1, NAD drives the MS 912.

I' d say the NAD is sufficient for the MS 912. Tumaba ang tunog. medyo kulang lang sa details.
I think it's the MS 912 where the lack of details can be attributed.
The Mysterious Gamma Ray Burst

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008 at 02:57 PM »
I am a new Member of NAD Followers.

I have just bought a NAD C325 BEE for my Stereo Listening. It is connected to an MS 912.
My Kenwood VR-6070 (5 years na to) is connected to it. During 5.1, NAD drives the MS 912.

I' d say the NAD is sufficient for the MS 912. Tumaba ang tunog. medyo kulang lang sa details.
I think it's the MS 912 where the lack of details can be attributed.

kelangan madinig ko yan, hehehehe

Offline audible illusions

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2008 at 04:14 PM »
to all pinoydvd members,
you may audition nad integrated amp here at audible illusions from 315 to m3 master class. we're located at 50-d timog ave, qc.
cheers!

Offline catgreg2k2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008 at 08:11 PM »
Hi guys, bago lang po lasi ako sa hobby na ito. Kakabili ko lang ng 2nd hand na Amp (NAD C320Bee). Hingin lang sana ako tulong sa inyo. Plano ko kasi sana bumuli ng floor stander na speaker para i-pare dito sa amp na ito. But somebody adviced me to buy a bookshelf na lang plus a Active Subwoofer. Pwede po ba ikabit ang subwoofer na  sa amp na ito? Wala kasi ako makita na kabitan ng Sub eh. If ever pwede paano po gawin and can this amp drive an entry level Bookshelf + sub? Let say Diamond 9.1 + SW150/250? Kaya po kaya? Maraming salamat po.
Onkyo TXNR509
Polk RTi-A7
Polk RTi-CS6
Polk DSW 660wi
Wharf Diamond 8.1
NAD 320Bee
Wharf Diamond 9.2

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2008 at 09:49 AM »
Yes, it can be done. If you can download the Wharfedale Diamond manual, it's all there.

Sent you pm.

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2008 at 07:09 PM »
sir nels76,

maraming salamat sa parinig ng nad c325bee mo sa AE Evo 3 ko, talagang napakanta nya speakers ko. hehehehe

makes me want to buy a nad amp na din  ;D

Offline Poloman888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
Hi guys, bago lang po lasi ako sa hobby na ito. Kakabili ko lang ng 2nd hand na Amp (NAD C320Bee). Hingin lang sana ako tulong sa inyo. Plano ko kasi sana bumuli ng floor stander na speaker para i-pare dito sa amp na ito. But somebody adviced me to buy a bookshelf na lang plus a Active Subwoofer. Pwede po ba ikabit ang subwoofer na  sa amp na ito? Wala kasi ako makita na kabitan ng Sub eh. If ever pwede paano po gawin and can this amp drive an entry level Bookshelf + sub? Let say Diamond 9.1 + SW150/250? Kaya po kaya? Maraming salamat po.

In my case, I removed one of the steel jumpers, then used a Y-splitter. From the pre-out (using the Y-splitter),  one goes back to the main-in while the other one goes to the sub.

There are several variations. Experiment na lang.

This thread from another site might help:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-760.html

good luck :)

Offline pedor2

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2008 at 07:37 AM »
sorely miss my nad 3020b, this may not be the orig model but whats good in it is that it has mm/mc phono stage. used it before with celestion sl6i. sana may magbenta uli

Offline Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 691
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2008 at 07:42 PM »
How does the C315BEE sound against the C325BEE? Is the extra cost worth it?

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Jun 24, 2008 at 08:33 AM »

please help!!!

Very much! I recently bought a mint pre owned NAD C372 , hooked with my Bose 901 S6 and Cayin CDT15A. You can't believe the power that drives the 901S6 (only 11 oclock setting) It rocks and swings!!! A concert hall!
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2008 at 10:34 AM by ganicru »
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline BigBert-2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Jul 02, 2008 at 01:17 PM »
@Dday

Sir Big Bert-2,
Tentative mga mid this year pa arrival ng C355. ;)

Has the NAD C355 arrive already ? how much ?

Thanks

;D

Offline stratix2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #58 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 01:08 PM »
Just owned NAD352 stereo amp and NAD525 CDP hooked to B&W602 S3. I used the B&W as front speakers before with my Denon 2803 receiver. The NAD amp handled the speakers very lightly compared when it was driven by the Denon AVR. I needed to force the Denon before to almost max just to appreciate the capability of the B&W.

The NAD amp matches well with B&W even earlier when I just paired it with a SONY DVD player. MP3 as well as standard CD's come out very clearly.

Now with the 525 on board, the sound just gets better and better. This will improve further I think if I use a quality RCA cable as I just used the generic RCA cable supplied with the CD Player.

One thing I notice though, NAD Amp does not match well with my Monitor Audio B4.  The sound is a bit tight and "parang kulob". Tried experimenting things like switching the speaker cables, positioning, etc. but I cant get the juice out of the MA B4. Maybe its all in the frequency range that the Speakers can handle.

Unlike with B&W602 S3, listening to Audiophile CD's has been entertaining as they promise to deliver. Clear, crisp and simply beyond pure listening bliss...

NAD rocks...

Im contemplating now to dispose of the Denon and MAB4 with the rest of the HT set-up

NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline Poloman888

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 28, 2008 at 01:24 PM »
Just owned NAD352 stereo amp and NAD525 CDP hooked to B&W602 S3. I used the B&W as front speakers before with my Denon 2803 receiver. The NAD amp handled the speakers very lightly compared when it was driven by the Denon AVR. I needed to force the Denon before to almost max just to appreciate the capability of the B&W.

The NAD amp matches well with B&W even earlier when I just paired it with a SONY DVD player. MP3 as well as standard CD's come out very clearly.

NAD rocks...

Im contemplating now to dispose of the Denon and MAB4 with the rest of the HT set-up

Hi. I use a Denon AVR for HT and a NAD int. for audio. Compared to the AVR, the NAD, being a dedicated stereo amp., would deliver a more superior sound compared to the Denon.

Sayang naman kung ibenta mo yung Denon together with the rest of your HT stuff, along with the MAB4. Your AVR might match well with other HT speakers. Try to experiment so you can isolate the malady. You might not need to dispose of everything all at once.

good luck  :)