Author Topic: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out  (Read 163788 times)

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
Re: NAD Integrated Amplifier Speaks-out
« Reply #690 on: Jan 28, 2018 at 10:55 AM »
I've just about had it with NAD. I love the house sound and the price but the reliability. pfft!

First, it was the C325BEE switching to standby on its own and then after a while, it wouldn't even get out of standby. Now, my C326BEE turns on from standby mode by itself and while it is on, it switches the the source to CD by itself. I connected my source to the CD input to overcome this behavior but now, the sound is intermittently cutting out. What the hell.

Anyway I'm going to shop for another brand since, like my previous C325BEE, this 326 is starting to show signs that it'll probably die sooner or later.

I'm currently interested the Musical Fidelity M3si and the Rega Elex-R. I wonder which of the two is closer to the class A/B "NAD  sound". Not interested in any of those class D amps.

Edit:

Okay, now the music is cutting out often and the source keeps on getting stuck to CD. This amp is now unusable. No more NAD for me.

Could it be possible that your room experiences high humidity? Like open windows when it rains?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #691 on: Jan 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM »
Super alaga ko din yung NAD 375 ko nun. It was my first serious audio purchase when i graduated college 2012 kaso wala talaga eh, parang tuta na may sakit na nung binili mo mamamatay nalang bigla without warning. Sad.

Ang dami ko narinig na kwento na lemon yung Classic line ni NAD sa previous series nila. Siguro kaya din nagpalit na sila ng technology na gamit sa newer series nila para mas higher reliability. I dunno. Itong M51 ko it never had any issues at all kahit araw araw gamit.
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Online Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #692 on: Jan 28, 2018 at 12:20 PM »
Could it be possible that your room experiences high humidity? Like open windows when it rains?

You might be on to something. It is humid in my place for the most part. I did notice, when I took a look at circuit board to find any signs of damage, is the distinct lack of ICs so it looks to me like NAD went with a fully discrete design. I'm guessing if that even plays a factor with my reliability concerns since discrete circuitry has more points of failure but it should make it easier to repair, at least theoretically since specific ICs are at times, difficult to source although on the other hand, the same can be said with some transistors..

Offline dieseldust

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #693 on: Jan 31, 2018 at 11:26 PM »
Good evening! Sino po ba dealer ng NAD dito? available na ba yung D3020 V2 sa atin? :)

Offline theman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: Aug 03, 2018 at 08:35 AM »
able to do a bit buy and sell NAD stuff here in NZ.  was able to get a NAD T754 for NZD 70, NAD 3020 for NZD 150,  C-315 for NZD 20 nd 3240 for NZD 50.   how much i sold  these are different story. 

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #695 on: Aug 03, 2018 at 06:14 PM »
The NAD C3020 is one of the best amps that i haved owned. :)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Aug 18, 2018 at 07:51 PM »
I was able to home demo a NAD C368 Class D amplifier. It didn't sound good, "manipis" ang tunog. My Brik integrated amp (also class D with only 20 watts per channel) sounded a lot better.
After having read numerous positive reviews about the NAD C368, I borrowed it again and did what one of the reviewers suggested. Avoid the analog connections and just use the digital connections (Toslink and Coaxial). Now it sounds great! Really strong and full bodied sound matched with my Dynaudio Emit M20. I can heartily recommend this amplifier now!  :D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Aug 19, 2018 at 03:36 PM »
According to this article the NAD C368 which is rated to output 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms actually outputs 130 watts per channel!

http://www.lenwallisaudio.com/blog/uncategorized/nads-sleeper-c368-integrated-amplifier/
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2018 at 03:38 PM by Conan »
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline armymanhaha

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #698 on: Aug 20, 2018 at 11:54 PM »
After having read numerous positive reviews about the NAD C368, I borrowed it again and did what one of the reviewers suggested. Avoid the analog connections and just use the digital connections (Toslink and Coaxial). Now it sounds great! Really strong and full bodied sound matched with my Dynaudio Emit M20. I can heartily recommend this amplifier now!  :D

Probably because the line input section converts the analog signal to digital, then coverts it to analog again via its internal DAC. Very anti-purist if you ask me. I have seen too many hifi enthusiast equipment utilizing this method. Questyle CMA600i, KEF LS50 wireless, Marantz HD-DAC1 to name a few. Good thing NAD knows how to design a good DAC so you can some peace of mind that your built-in DAC is quite good.

« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2018 at 11:55 PM by armymanhaha »
"Audiophools layuan nyo ako"

Offline jon_Espiritu

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: Sep 29, 2018 at 09:43 AM »
Hi,  ano kaya problem ng amp ko. Owner ng c356bee  and everytime na ginagamit ko, yung power led is turning to pink'ish. It should be a solid blue.  though gumagana pa naman  yung amp ng walang problem.  Baka me idea  po kayo kung ano yung problem .  I tried  to isolate  the issue  like
                   -checked the speaker wires kung tama yung  polarity.
                   - removed the speaker wires then turn on the amp.
                  -   I even purchased a dedicated avr pero  ganun pa din.

Thanks.

Online Arulco

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 688
« Reply #700 on: Sep 29, 2018 at 03:58 PM »
@Conan

Have you heard the NAD M32? I read it's a different type of Class D amp called DigitalDirect where the signal is "digital" up until just before the amp outputs so the amp stage itself functions as the DAC if I understood the literature correctly. I was wondering how it compares to the "analog" Class D NAD C368 and if the M32 really lives up to its rave reviews. I got curious because my Sony NW-A45 Walkman uses a similar digital amplification technology called S-Master HX and I was blown away at how good it sounds on my speakers, headphones and car stereo.

Probably because the line input section converts the analog signal to digital, then coverts it to analog again via its internal DAC. Very anti-purist if you ask me. I have seen too many hifi enthusiast equipment utilizing this method. Questyle CMA600i, KEF LS50 wireless, Marantz HD-DAC1 to name a few. Good thing NAD knows how to design a good DAC so you can some peace of mind that your built-in DAC is quite good.

I have the KEF LS50W and I've been using my turntable, DACs and my DAP on the analog input and I noticed that the ADC and DSP on it is very transparent. Each sources' distinct sound characteristics gets heard through all that processing so I guess even though the extra conversion step seems counter-intuitive, if it's done right then it doesn't really matter except of course for hi-fi purists.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Sep 30, 2018 at 11:44 AM »
@Conan

Have you heard the NAD M32? I read it's a different type of Class D amp called DigitalDirect where the signal is "digital" up until just before the amp outputs so the amp stage itself functions as the DAC if I understood the literature correctly. I was wondering how it compares to the "analog" Class D NAD C368 and if the M32 really lives up to its rave reviews. I got curious because my Sony NW-A45 Walkman uses a similar digital amplification technology called S-Master HX and I was blown away at how good it sounds on my speakers, headphones and car stereo.

I have the KEF LS50W and I've been using my turntable, DACs and my DAP on the analog input and I noticed that the ADC and DSP on it is very transparent. Each sources' distinct sound characteristics gets heard through all that processing so I guess even though the extra conversion step seems counter-intuitive, if it's done right then it doesn't really matter except of course for hi-fi purists.
No I haven't heard it. I don't want to get tempted anymore, I've spent enough already on my stereo system.  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #702 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 03:48 PM »
i'm also interested in creating a stereo setup, what would be the best value NAD model to get that's available in stores now? how about in the second hand market, any suggestions? thanks in advance :)

Offline bpc_dnd2

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Nov 20, 2018 at 02:35 PM »
Same question with sir sidewinder, what can i get for a budget of 50k that would be used for a stereo setup that will allow me to pkqy muaic through spotify? Thanks.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: Nov 20, 2018 at 09:53 PM »
Same question with sir sidewinder, what can i get for a budget of 50k that would be used for a stereo setup that will allow me to pkqy muaic through spotify? Thanks.
The NAD C368 has built-in Bluetooth. What I do in my setup is I watch YouTube on my smart TV then it's connected to the amp with built-in DAC via optical. The sound is quite good for me.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline alvinbaronsia

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #705 on: Nov 21, 2018 at 01:38 AM »
Try the NAD C338. It has spotify connect already

Offline stratix2

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #706 on: Dec 26, 2018 at 11:45 PM »
The NAD C368 has built-in Bluetooth. What I do in my setup is I watch YouTube on my smart TV then it's connected to the amp with built-in DAC via optical. The sound is quite good for me.

I use the same setup with Conan be it You Tube/Netflix. Optical out on my tv then optical in on my C356 with built in DAC.
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline splerdu

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Aug 17, 2019 at 04:31 PM »
Feel good stuff for NAD brothers:

ASR measures NAD C320BEE

17 year old amp still kicks butt!

measures better than many modern amps

« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2019 at 04:33 PM by splerdu »

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #708 on: Aug 26, 2019 at 02:19 AM »
Gusto kong ibenta yung NAD C375BEE at NAD C565BEE ko pair na, di ko nagamit yung C375BEE at yung C565BEE minsan ko lang nagamit mula nang mabili ko abroad itong dalawa... No issues..

Meron na kasing JBL SRX815P pang Mobile na hilig ko ngayon..
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline shoktongxxx

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 80
« Reply #709 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 03:29 PM »

buhayin natin tong thread na ito, may bagong order ako sealed naman dumating sa apartment ko, pero ayun NO POWER ang NAD C388 na brandnew delivered sa akin..kakainis 1st NAD amp ko sira pa, sayang araw ko sa amp na ito AMP ka NAD!

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #710 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 04:41 PM »
puso mo bro.♥️

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7153
« Reply #711 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 05:28 PM »
if a manufacturer comes out with a winner like the nad3020, it does not mean that all they put out will be winners too...malas mo kung sa iyo natapat...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 856
« Reply #712 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 05:40 PM »
have it replaced
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 06:43 PM »
puso mo bro.♥️

bigat sa loob eh, di ako pumasok para received yung item brandnew naman and sealed kaso sira talaga. :(

if a manufacturer comes out with a winner like the nad3020, it does not mean that all they put out will be winners too...malas mo kung sa iyo natapat...

ganun na nga siguro, malas lang. :(

have it replaced

malaman natin bukas boss.

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #714 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 08:45 PM »
lemon☹️

care to post details of your experience
 so we may learn something. pasensya na, no intention to further rub it in
« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2020 at 08:50 PM by oweidah »

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4460
« Reply #715 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 11:14 PM »
buhayin natin tong thread na ito, may bagong order ako sealed naman dumating sa apartment ko, pero ayun NO POWER ang NAD C388 na brandnew delivered sa akin..kakainis 1st NAD amp ko sira pa, sayang araw ko sa amp na ito AMP ka NAD!
local purchase ba o international..? di kaya sa shipping/delivery napaghahagis o napabagsak kaya nagka damage? bnew pa nman yan bro..  :-[
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Jun 24, 2020 at 11:54 PM »
local purchase ba o international..? di kaya sa shipping/delivery napaghahagis o napabagsak kaya nagka damage? bnew pa nman yan bro..  :-[

local purchase, mas masakit siguro sa ulo kung international ito. :(
yup! brandnew and sealed ang unit.

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: Jun 25, 2020 at 12:12 AM »
lemon☹️

care to post details of your experience
 so we may learn something. pasensya na, no intention to further rub it in

ordered and got brandnew and sealed unit from local distributor of NAD C388, upon setup di mag power on yung unit, pero naririnig ko relay na nag turn on but still no Power sa unit.
tumawag ako sa store okay naman sila sa replacement kaya lang yung araw and oras ko nasayang eh..mabait naman kausap yung sa store sa unit talaga ako nababanas..natapat pa ako sa lemon unit..check ko bukas yung replacement unit kung okay. (bawal buksan and test ang unit unless request ng customer, so yung replacement pina pa test ko na bago dalhin sa akin. )

Offline stevesonk

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • apo ng magniniyog kaya siponin,ang tatay utotin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4460
« Reply #718 on: Jun 25, 2020 at 12:34 AM »
maayos din yan pards kapag nareplace unit, just be patient..  ;)
Omega 2
Krell KAV 300i
Marantz CD6004
REGA DAC
HP DV3
Transparent cables
Tara Labs
PSB M4U 2

Offline shoktongxxx

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: Jun 25, 2020 at 01:59 AM »
maayos din yan pards kapag nareplace unit, just be patient..  ;)
oo naman sir, pero ano yung SORRY sa DAMAGE di ba?

(tinapon mo yung baso nabasag sige mag sorry ka nabuo ba?) ganyan feelings ko sa NAD now eh... :(
at ganyan ako ma disappoint.. :(