Author Topic: Soundbar Speakers  (Read 132227 times)

Offline TobyStark

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #270 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 04:19 PM »
one of the best ang Bose.  I'll check if they have this Bose Cinemate 130 for auditioning at ATC.  will share what I would find out, in case.

but since Bose is too pricey, we tend at looking for other same-level alternatives.  I believe they could be the same in SQ but ST-9 becomes better in terms of 8ch audio processing.

Discontinued na pala ang Bose Cinemate 130, it was replaced by Soundtouch 130. Which looks the same except for the console :-)

Offline wattleferdz

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 05:29 PM »
Ako po yung nagtanong noon which one is better between bose cinemate 130 and sony ht st9. In the end, I settled for the ST9. Maganda pa din naman yung ST9 and it's reasonably priced na din. I would've wanted the Bose Cinemate pero I don't think I would like to spend 100k for speakers to be used at home.

Pero if I have a lot of money and a lot of space at home, I would've bought Bose. Just like when I preferred Bose Quietsound 35 over Sony MDR 1000x pagdating sa headphone.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #272 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 05:36 PM »
If you want the best SQ, try to audition Naim Mu-so or its smaller brother, Naim Mu-so Qb at Architectural Audio in GB5.

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #273 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 07:21 PM »
I've gone to see Soundtouch 130 at ATC awhile ago.  sealed in box, malaki bax packaging niya ah!  sabi ni Bose seller, di na siya ise-set-up sa store.  It's 89K pesos less 5%.  cash or card @ 6mos 0%.

Pero meron dun mas bagong model: Soundtouch 3000 (yata), so I listened to it. Maganda at lively soundstage, very crisp highs and bass is also good.  He said there is a control for bass and treble, but we didn't anymore changed settings.  Volume up & down lang..  It's 100K pesos!  Fixed price but can be paid in 6mos 0%.

Offline TobyStark

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 08:33 PM »
Thanks sir for the feedback! Will try to drop by sa GB5 tomorrow, baka may display dun ng soundtouch 130 para marinig ko din.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #275 on: Jan 04, 2017 at 09:57 PM »
I've gone to see Soundtouch 130 at ATC awhile ago.  sealed in box, malaki bax packaging niya ah!  sabi ni Bose seller, di na siya ise-set-up sa store.  It's 89K pesos less 5%.  cash or card @ 6mos 0%.

Pero meron dun mas bagong model: Soundtouch 3000 (yata), so I listened to it. Maganda at lively soundstage, very crisp highs and bass is also good.  He said there is a control for bass and treble, but we didn't anymore changed settings.  Volume up & down lang..  It's 100K pesos!  Fixed price but can be paid in 6mos 0%.

Pricey for a soundbar. At 100k, you can get a decent full 5.1 ht set up.

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #276 on: Jan 05, 2017 at 01:15 AM »
Thanks sir for the feedback! Will try to drop by sa GB5 tomorrow, baka may display dun ng soundtouch 130 para marinig ko din.

try niyo to sir. feeling ko mas mababa pa siya sa soundtouch

https://www.amazon.com/Focal-Dimension-Soundbar-Subwoofer-Bluetooth/dp/B01E0ARZG2/ref=pd_lpo_23_tr_t_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=JJT0JNY35F7GCS6X6XJX

Offline TobyStark

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Jan 06, 2017 at 12:21 AM »

I just passed by Bose showroom @ GB5 today. Luckily, both Soundtouch 130 and Soundtouch 300 (newer model) is on display and available for audition.

I auditioned the soundtouch 130 and I am already pleased with the sound quality and surround performance. But wait, the Soundtouch 300 is even more impressive - it's almost like listening to a true 5.1 surround system. The subwoofer is also bigger compared the the 130 and has an upward firing 360 degree sound projection. the build quality is also good - they used tempered glass on both soundbar and sub.

Anyways - the Soundtouch 300 has a 100k price tag, 120k if you want to add the separate/add-on surround speakers. would really need some serious consideration if this is the piece  to buy  :)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #278 on: Jan 06, 2017 at 01:54 AM »
I just passed by Bose showroom @ GB5 today. Luckily, both Soundtouch 130 and Soundtouch 300 (newer model) is on display and available for audition.

I auditioned the soundtouch 130 and I am already pleased with the sound quality and surround performance. But wait, the Soundtouch 300 is even more impressive - it's almost like listening to a true 5.1 surround system. The subwoofer is also bigger compared the the 130 and has an upward firing 360 degree sound projection. the build quality is also good - they used tempered glass on both soundbar and sub.

Anyways - the Soundtouch 300 has a 100k price tag, 120k if you want to add the separate/add-on surround speakers. would really need some serious consideration if this is the piece  to buy  :)

I haven't auditioned the Soundtouch 300, but have auditioned 120 and 130 - both were impressive ... really good for small to medium space setup like condos ... I'm really impressed with the way they produce the surround sound without any rear speakers ... the Soundtouch 300 by the way are meant to be sold independently in the US - separate pricing for the soundbar, bass module, and the satellite speakers - prices on their website are as follows - $700 for the surround bar, $700 for the bass module, and $200 for the satellite speakers, roughly $1,600 (approx. PhP 80k) for the total package ... you can usually get 10-20% less sa mga factory returned items pag sa Premium Outlet mo binili
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #279 on: Jan 06, 2017 at 10:54 AM »
If you can buy a 100K soundbar, why not audition and consider YAMAHA YSP-5600... >:D
Its already ATMOS/ DTS:X ready :o
I think its around 80K to 90K pesos in 5th Avenue ;)

http://www.digitaltrends.com/sound-bar-reviews/yamaha-ysp-5600-atmosdts-x-review/

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 10:13 AM »
Has anyone compared the sony st9 and the cinemate300 ? would like to know how they compare for stereo sources. If the difference is not so big might as well just go with the st9. If one has the space, you can build a proper atmos/dtsx setup with 100k

Offline artsky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #281 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 12:00 PM »
just got a sb400 and ok na ok for me yung bass nya (music pa lang na test ko). yun lang, pansin ko pag bluetooth streaming coming from my galaxy S5, putol yung umpisa ng song.  Ok naman yung bluetooth ng phone when connected to my AKG Y50BT.  Any ideas?

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #282 on: Jan 07, 2017 at 12:34 PM »
@TobyStark - you devil you!

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=211107.msg2481712#msg2481712

Bilisan nyooooooo!!!! :)
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline louiemark

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Jan 12, 2017 at 03:03 PM »
Anybody here who bought already the Polk Audio Magnifi Mini? Seriously considering this one for a condo setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Jan 12, 2017 at 09:57 PM »
Anybody here who bought already the Polk Audio Magnifi Mini? Seriously considering this one for a condo setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very good. :)

Offline TobyStark

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Jan 13, 2017 at 11:28 PM »
@TobyStark - you devil you!

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=211107.msg2481712#msg2481712

Bilisan nyooooooo!!!! :)

SOLD na. Time na to look for a new one :-) hehehe.

I really like the SoundTouch 300. But still thinking 100x because of the price  :)

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #286 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 01:23 AM »
wow bilis magsawa.. ganda siguro niyan.. :D

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 02:47 AM »
If you want the best SQ, try to audition Naim Mu-so or its smaller brother, Naim Mu-so Qb at Architectural Audio in GB5.

I've tried this one, it is very good for music listening, but for surround sound, the Soundtouch 130 is the best one I've tried

Offline TobyStark

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 06:45 PM »
I've tried this one, it is very good for music listening, but for surround sound, the Soundtouch 130 is the best one I've tried

The NAIM soundbar is really good. I've tested this as well. it's 2.1, really good for music. It won't do any surround effect on movies but the sound quality is topnotch.

So far the soundtouch 300 is the best for movies for me.

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #289 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 07:02 PM »
how much ang mga naim soundbars?

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Jan 14, 2017 at 08:37 PM »
how much ang mga naim soundbars?

around 50k+ yung Muso, but I don't think soundbar category ang mga to

Offline TobyStark

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Jan 21, 2017 at 09:03 PM »
For anyone looking for a branded and budget soundbar.

Check this out-  this is really bang for the buck. Seller mentioned he has about 10units.

https://m.olx.ph/item/samsung-soundbar-hw-k350-rush-brandnew-ID7NaKp.html

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Jan 23, 2017 at 10:43 AM »
Polk Audio MagniFi Mini
Powered home theater sound bar with wireless subwoofer, plus Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth®

Price is P22,990 for the set.

Available at:

POLK AUDIO HOME THEATER & HIFI CONCEPT STORE
SM Mall of Asia - 2nd floor North wing near Imax/Cinema area 
Tel: 664-8191 / 957-0256 / (0917) 832-5821

Big sound for smaller spaces

There's one TV in my house that I almost never watch. The picture looks fine, but the sound from its tiny built-in speakers is just pathetic. I've been looking to upgrade with a compact sound bar system, and Polk Audio's MagniFi Mini is a strong contender.

When Polk stopped by recently they demoed their new Signature series speakers and the MagniFi Mini system. They played the 5.1 speaker setup first, and I think we were all expecting a big letdown when they switched to the MagniFi sound bar and sub, but that didn't happen. The MagniFi duo sounded ridiculously big and full for a system of this size and price.

The biggest problem with most TV speakers is distorted, hard-to-hear dialogue. The MagniFi Mini sound bar tackles this issue with Polk's patent-pending VoiceAdjust™ technology. VoiceAdjust lifts the sound of speech so that it's easy to make out, regardless of what you're watching — or how loud. Even soft-spoken dialogue comes through crystal-clear whether you're sitting directly in front of the TV or off to the side. There's even a separate volume control just for voice.

Simple to hook up and use
Hooking up the MagniFi Mini is quick and easy. It connects to your TV with just a single audio cable. Using the included HDMI or optical digital cables lets you take advantage of the bar's built-in Dolby® Digital decoding. You can also choose between three listening modes — Movies, Music, and Sports — to help tailor the sound to what you're watching.

Speaking of connections, the MagniFi Mini also has built-in Bluetooth® and Google Cast. You can wirelessly play tunes from your smartphone or tablet through the sound bar's powerful drivers.

A compact, convenient wireless subwoofer
Polk included a sub with a 6-1/2" woofer to deliver satisfying bass for high-energy action scenes and music. It connects to the sound bar wirelessly, which makes it super easy to place in your room — you just need to plug it into a wall outlet for power.

Product Highlights:

2.1-channel system; compact sound bar has 6 built-in speakers
four 2-1/4" drivers and two 1/2" tweeters
separate wireless subwoofer with 6-1/2" driver
built-in Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, and Google Cast for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
Polk VoiceAdjust™ technology helps keep dialogue intelligible
Dolby® Digital decoding
three listening modes: Movie, Music, and Sports
universal remote control learns commands from IR remotes for TVs, satellite receivers, and cable boxes
remote has master volume control, plus separate volume buttons for "bass" and "voice"
HDMI input (6-1/2-ft. cable included)
Toslink optical digital audio input (6-ft. cable included)
3.5mm stereo minijack input (6-ft. cable included)
Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network
USB port for firmware updates
system frequency response 40-24,000 Hz
sound bar: 13-7/16"W x 3-1/8"H x 4-1/4"D
subwoofer: 7-7/16"W x 14-1/2"H 14-7/16"D

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Jan 23, 2017 at 06:54 PM »
no DTS decoder for the Polk Audio MagniFi Mini?  too bad, users would only able to collect movie files with limitations.  or go the long-way round to convert their DTS movies to DD. 

with that price, they should have included buying a DTS license for this.  and should replace the Ethernet port with an HDMI ARC.  well, it's just me.. =))

Offline johnnybravo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #294 on: Feb 08, 2017 at 09:08 PM »
Yamaha YSP1400 vs Cambridge Audio TV2/TV5? I would appreciate your thoughts on this especially those who have personally experienced Cambridge Audio TV2/Tv5. This will replace my freebie HTIB and function as my audio hub.

Offline hi-fidelity-4-all

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Mar 07, 2017 at 12:55 PM »
thanks sir. i actually use satellite speakers now in my room. another reason why i'm considering a sound bar is because i read somewhere that most of them have built in Dolby 5.1, DTS decoder already. I don't have an AVR dito kasi sa room ko so i'm not able to utilize DTS from my PS3 and DVD and no sound output naman ang DTS encoded file from Popcorn Hour. mejo matrabaho naman if lilipat ko pa yung PCH sa main watching room dito sa bahay.  :)

I guess those two are the factors. Space saving and the DTS decoding feature  :)

If u r thinking of spending that much, also consider the Definitive Technologies Studio W sound bar and subwoofer combo. Excellent! I have the Def Tech 8040 5-channel setup + 2 rear surround that I already had. My friend bought the Studio W and I think it sounds great. One of the best soundbars, including 3 HDMI inputs, DTs decoding, and PlayFi wireless
VPI Scout / Lenco 75 restored & upgraded -> AA PPA-1-> Aesthetix Mimas -> Revel Performa F30

Offline luiscalleno

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Mar 13, 2017 at 10:11 AM »
FOCAL DIMENSION SOUNDBAR , With INVERTED TWEETER DOME TECHNOLOGY will give you a great sound!.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Available @ HIFI LOUNGE , SOUND AND VISION HOME ENTERTAINMENT , LISTENING ROOM. SPECTRA.

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #297 on: Apr 04, 2017 at 05:29 AM »
Bit the bullet last Sunday :)

I was in Mega Mall and saw a poster on the Mega Brands Sale from March 31 to April 2. So I went with the intention to buy running shoes. However, when I got there, I saw a display of soundbars from JBL and Harman. Its been quite a while now that I have been wanting to buy a soundbar for my bedroom. Been eyeing the HK SB26, but could not quite afford it due to its high price point. Then, the salesman told me that they already have the latest model of HK that was launched last Sept. 2016 - the SB20 by HK. I auditioned it and it was awesome. The best part is, it was on 20% off, so I finally got one  :)

http://ph.harmankardon.com/harman-kardon-product-detail_ph/hk-sb20.html

Offline hi-fidelity-4-all

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Apr 05, 2017 at 05:56 PM »
Congrats!  Enjoy your new toy : )
VPI Scout / Lenco 75 restored & upgraded -> AA PPA-1-> Aesthetix Mimas -> Revel Performa F30

Offline mhacman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Apr 05, 2017 at 07:45 PM »
Bit the bullet last Sunday :)

I was in Mega Mall and saw a poster on the Mega Brands Sale from March 31 to April 2. So I went with the intention to buy running shoes. However, when I got there, I saw a display of soundbars from JBL and Harman. Its been quite a while now that I have been wanting to buy a soundbar for my bedroom. Been eyeing the HK SB26, but could not quite afford it due to its high price point. Then, the salesman told me that they already have the latest model of HK that was launched last Sept. 2016 - the SB20 by HK. I auditioned it and it was awesome. The best part is, it was on 20% off, so I finally got one  :)

http://ph.harmankardon.com/harman-kardon-product-detail_ph/hk-sb20.html

nice congratz, sir!  another new contender for the mid-priced soundbar...

kindly share your reviews.. can it decode AC3 & DTS and downmix TrueHD & DTS-HD movie sources?  TIA!