Author Topic: Soundbar Speakers  (Read 132266 times)

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
Re: Soundbar Speakers
« Reply #510 on: May 24, 2018 at 02:00 PM »
Hello,

Do you where can I buy Yamaha YAS-207 in Metro Manila?
Thank you in advance!

Try inquiring in 5th Ave... +63 927 273 2597 look for Adrian

nice!  finally this model has become available on our local PH stores.  this has DTS Virtual:X, no ATMOS decoder to downmix, though...

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #511 on: May 25, 2018 at 01:21 AM »
can anyone suggest budget soundbars? :D

What price range you are targeting?

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #512 on: May 25, 2018 at 01:47 AM »
hows lg sj9?
any reviews from PDVD?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018 at 04:24 AM by raider125jeigh »
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Dgame12345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #513 on: May 25, 2018 at 11:04 PM »
Any reviews for jbl bar 5.1?

Offline mhacman

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 129
« Reply #514 on: May 26, 2018 at 11:04 AM »
^ ito ba yung bago? with SRP P43K?

Sony has also come up with their 2018 ATMOS/DTS:X soundbars -- HT-Z9F & HT-X9000F

I'll go with Sony rather than JBL  =))

Offline mi0ng

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #515 on: Jun 05, 2018 at 01:26 PM »
Looking for suggestions for a budget soundbar. Will be used in the bedroom where primary video source would be netflix? Target budget is below 6.5k but willing to add a little if the sound difference is substantial. I saw the Konzert-SBx-2x4 but I haven't heard it yet. Also saw JBL SB150, Samsung HW-K350 and LG SJ2 more or less around that price range. Any of them good? TIA! =)

Offline wheelee

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Nobodies tomorrow is guaranteed
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #516 on: Jun 05, 2018 at 02:55 PM »
I have paired the LG SH4 with my CC via BT & it shakes & rattles my small room! very nice for movies also OK for music but you have to re-adjust the settings coz there are times that high or low tones overpower each other.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #517 on: Jun 05, 2018 at 09:43 PM »
Looking for suggestions for a budget soundbar. Will be used in the bedroom where primary video source would be netflix? Target budget is below 6.5k but willing to add a little if the sound difference is substantial. I saw the Konzert-SBx-2x4 but I haven't heard it yet. Also saw JBL SB150, Samsung HW-K350 and LG SJ2 more or less around that price range. Any of them good? TIA! =)

Netflix has 5.1 na. If you're looking for a soundbar that will be primarily used for Netflix, look for a soundbar that can decode 5.1 DTS and Dolby digital surround na. There are soundbars that can decode DTS and Dolby Digital pero sometimes ang question is, did you "feel" that 5.1 system. One thing i've noticed in most soundbars below the P10k range is the absence of the "surround" audio meaning you won't notice that panning or transition of the sound at the front going to the back vice versa.

Offline mi0ng

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #518 on: Jun 06, 2018 at 06:23 PM »
Thanks sir! Do you have any recommendations for soundbars just above 10k that would simulate surround sound well enough or are these types of soundbars nearer (or exceeds) 20k? TIA!

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #519 on: Jun 06, 2018 at 08:12 PM »
hows lg sj9?
any reviews from PDVD?

+1 on this query ... what I like about the SJ9 is that it is ATMOS certified and does not need rear surrounds ... the form factor is very suitable for small rooms or condo living (like myself), but really best to get first hand review from PDVD members
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #520 on: Jun 07, 2018 at 10:44 AM »
+1 on this query ... what I like about the SJ9 is that it is ATMOS certified and does not need rear surrounds ... the form factor is very suitable for small rooms or condo living (like myself), but really best to get first hand review from PDVD members

I have the SJ9 as a soundbar in my living room in the condo. Haven't really put much thought into putting it through any test for the dolby atmos feature. Using it to watch netflix only and the sub is turned on if it's a movie i'm watching. It put outs decent sound and the wireless is subwoofer is ideal for less clutter in the condo. It's connected to the  tv by the HDMI ARC so, it turns on and off automatically when the tv is turned on and off. Have tried the bluetooth function for playing spotify with the phone.

Impression: decent quality sound. Good power, can easily fill the condo with the sound.

Will try to see the surround / atmos feature when i play movies that extensively use them. Been only watching tv series on netflix and the movies i've watched aren't action packed - mostly dialogue. haha!

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #521 on: Jun 07, 2018 at 08:08 PM »
I have the SJ9 as a soundbar in my living room in the condo. Haven't really put much thought into putting it through any test for the dolby atmos feature. Using it to watch netflix only and the sub is turned on if it's a movie i'm watching. It put outs decent sound and the wireless is subwoofer is ideal for less clutter in the condo. It's connected to the  tv by the HDMI ARC so, it turns on and off automatically when the tv is turned on and off. Have tried the bluetooth function for playing spotify with the phone.

Impression: decent quality sound. Good power, can easily fill the condo with the sound.

Will try to see the surround / atmos feature when i play movies that extensively use them. Been only watching tv series on netflix and the movies i've watched aren't action packed - mostly dialogue. haha!

I'll wait for your review sir, normally the sound bars (surround bars) are good with movies and falters on pure music listening ... hopefully you can also give your impression on how good or bad it is for pure music listening ... thank you in advance :)

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #522 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 10:41 AM »
I'll wait for your review sir, normally the sound bars (surround bars) are good with movies and falters on pure music listening ... hopefully you can also give your impression on how good or bad it is for pure music listening ... thank you in advance :)

Tested it last night but went to the Youtube channel of Dolby to play Dolby Atmos content. I have a 50Mbps connection so i always get the 4k or HDR content when available in netflix and highest quality in youtube. TV is an LG SJ8500, the soundbar is connected by HDMI  ARC. The LG SJ9 can definitely do the atmos / surround feature.

For music, will revert. In the few times that I connected my phone by bluetooth I did not do any critical listening but i can definitely say that it's adequate and better than i would expect from a soundbar (not that i have auditioned a lot of soundbars). I would have wanted to buy the Yamaha or Sony Atmos ones but was thinking that i might be splurging too much for a soundbar in the living room. So settled with an affordable LG SJ9.

Will try to test it tomorrow more for music. Will use spotify through bluetooth (extreme quality downloaded to the phone). Do you want me to test through a wired connection (aux) or from youtube / spotify launched from the tv?

Online comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #523 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 11:51 AM »
how much is the lg sj9?

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #524 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 01:07 PM »
Netflix has 5.1 na. If you're looking for a soundbar that will be primarily used for Netflix, look for a soundbar that can decode 5.1 DTS and Dolby digital surround na. There are soundbars that can decode DTS and Dolby Digital pero sometimes ang question is, did you "feel" that 5.1 system. One thing i've noticed in most soundbars below the P10k range is the absence of the "surround" audio meaning you won't notice that panning or transition of the sound at the front going to the back vice versa.

the polk audio magnifi mini can decode a 5.1 sir? just got the mini and admittedly didnt do much research hehe its highly recommended here at pdvd and figured i cant go wrong with the choice of members here... i'm resigned to the fact it cant replace a 5.1 setup, but still its better if you know its decoding a 5.1 dts or dolby digital... going to use it on netflix and also have the 50mbps connection so hopefully i can take advantage of it... long term once a new space is available is really to get an atmos-powered receiver, but for now the polk audio soundbar hopefully is good enough, just using it in a small space anyway

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 01:25 PM »
the polk audio magnifi mini can decode a 5.1 sir? just got the mini and admittedly didnt do much research hehe its highly recommended here at pdvd and figured i cant go wrong with the choice of members here... i'm resigned to the fact it cant replace a 5.1 setup, but still its better if you know its decoding a 5.1 dts or dolby digital... going to use it on netflix and also have the 50mbps connection so hopefully i can take advantage of it... long term once a new space is available is really to get an atmos-powered receiver, but for now the polk audio soundbar hopefully is good enough, just using it in a small space anyway

Go for the polk magnifi max SR na! Haha! You’ll save money in the long run. You won’t be having whatif moments. Haven’t heard it but from the feedback and reviews it seems to be a really good buy.

I bought the lg sj9 at around 27k. I bought it along with all the appliances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sidewinder

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 27
« Reply #526 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 01:42 PM »
^haha, its just for a small room sir hence the mini, but will go full blast on an atmos setup with a proper receiver in the living room. I have heard several soundbars, even sony's own atmos-enabled soundbars that are priced very high but didnt really get that feeling with having a full setup with receiver and separate speakers. The soundbars do have their appeal with small rooms hence i'm excited to have the mini setup. I heard it and the SR at MOA though admittedly i didnt bother with the specs, just wanted to hear it before buying and since its highly recommended here

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 01:52 PM »
^haha, its just for a small room sir hence the mini, but will go full blast on an atmos setup with a proper receiver in the living room. I have heard several soundbars, even sony's own atmos-enabled soundbars that are priced very high but didnt really get that feeling with having a full setup with receiver and separate speakers. The soundbars do have their appeal with small rooms hence i'm excited to have the mini setup. I heard it and the SR at MOA though admittedly i didnt bother with the specs, just wanted to hear it before buying and since its highly recommended here

Yes, nothing beats the full setup but for space constraints we have to content ourselves with soundbars. hehe.

Offline mbtorn

• Trade Count: (+169)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #528 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 02:58 PM »
does Youtube outputs 5.1 audio?
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2018 at 06:09 PM by mbtorn »

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 06:37 PM »
Go for the polk magnifi max SR na! Haha! You’ll save money in the long run. You won’t be having whatif moments. Haven’t heard it but from the feedback and reviews it seems to be a really good buy.

I bought the lg sj9 at around 27k. I bought it along with all the appliances.

Yeah totoo yan. Having physical surround speakers is a big plus talaga. It fits my small bedroom with no footprint for the speakers except for the sub. It also has 2 selections for "warmish" sound to "neutral" or "bright" sound.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 09:13 PM »
Tested it last night but went to the Youtube channel of Dolby to play Dolby Atmos content. I have a 50Mbps connection so i always get the 4k or HDR content when available in netflix and highest quality in youtube. TV is an LG SJ8500, the soundbar is connected by HDMI  ARC. The LG SJ9 can definitely do the atmos / surround feature.

For music, will revert. In the few times that I connected my phone by bluetooth I did not do any critical listening but i can definitely say that it's adequate and better than i would expect from a soundbar (not that i have auditioned a lot of soundbars). I would have wanted to buy the Yamaha or Sony Atmos ones but was thinking that i might be splurging too much for a soundbar in the living room. So settled with an affordable LG SJ9.

Will try to test it tomorrow more for music. Will use spotify through bluetooth (extreme quality downloaded to the phone). Do you want me to test through a wired connection (aux) or from youtube / spotify launched from the tv?

pareho tayo ng TV sir ... bluetooth connection to test music would be the best review as that would likely be my usage ... thanks again sir :)

I'm also considering the Polk Audio max SR, but if there is something without physical surround speakers that can simulate the surround sound, that would be my preference due to my condo living lifestyle ... I've already tested the max SR, really superb for movies, but a little bit thin sounding for my taste when we tested listening to music (probably due to the source that we used)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Jun 08, 2018 at 10:45 PM »
pareho tayo ng TV sir ... bluetooth connection to test music would be the best review as that would likely be my usage ... thanks again sir :)

I'm also considering the Polk Audio max SR, but if there is something without physical surround speakers that can simulate the surround sound, that would be my preference due to my condo living lifestyle ... I've already tested the max SR, really superb for movies, but a little bit thin sounding for my taste when we tested listening to music (probably due to the source that we used)

Try mo yun movie mode na setting. Medjo hindi siya thin tumunog compared to the "sports" mode.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 886
« Reply #532 on: Jun 11, 2018 at 01:58 PM »
Happy to report that after a year of extensive use I can say that my purchase of the Sonos Soundbar was well worth it. Watched hundreds of streamed movies and TV series via Netflix in Dolby Digital and countless hours of music streaming via Mixcloud, Spotify and Apple Music and it never faltered.  Its so idiot proof that my 9 year old can operate it flawlessly via her Ipad
« Last Edit: Jun 11, 2018 at 02:02 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 886
« Reply #533 on: Jun 12, 2018 at 11:01 AM »
Launched just a few days ago:

The Sonos Beam. The most affordable Soundbar from Sonos.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/6/17431250/sonos-beam-soundbar-alexa-hdmi-arc-price-release-date

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Jun 12, 2018 at 07:33 PM »
does Youtube outputs 5.1 audio?

Thank you for asking this. I researched it and it seems that even if Dolby uploads a dts atmos track YouTube will recode it to stereo. 2.0

Though some have said otherwise that it does. But to be safe what I did was download Dolby atmos files and played it through the TV by USB.

Can confidently say that there is a good surround effect. A bit thin / light as it's only simulated but wouldn't complain given I have space constraints and can't set up a more speakers / etc. The "height effect" is there but it's not similar when watching inside the cinema and you close your eyes and the imaging is there. The surround sound "coming from the back" is there but you still detect that it's not as good as having separates.

As for music it's just ok for me. Chose music mode. Didn't turn on the wireless subwoofer. A good bookshelf speakers would defeat the sound quality. Mids are ok, bass not so much unless you engage bass boost.

But again, just to stress I'm very happy with it for playing movies and TV series through it. I only use it to play music when I'm reading in the living room and need a background sound.

Hope this helps.

Offline mi0ng

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Jun 17, 2018 at 12:24 PM »
Which is better? Jbl bar 2.1 or magnifi mini? Thanks!

Offline Kratos23

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Jun 22, 2018 at 12:16 PM »
Mga sir patulong naman. Thanks in advance.
Which is better polk magnifi max? Or lg sj9? Thanks mga sir

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Jun 22, 2018 at 07:26 PM »
Which is better? Jbl bar 2.1 or magnifi mini? Thanks!

Ako Magnifi mini. Medjo lacking in SPL and SQ yun entry level JBL bar for me.

Offline Gsound

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #538 on: Jun 24, 2018 at 01:49 PM »
pag compare sir sa jbl 3.1 yung polk audio magnifi mini? ano kayang difference interms of sq. na audition ko kc yung jbl bar 3.1 maganda ang dating. tia

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #539 on: Jun 24, 2018 at 04:26 PM »
Ibang level yun polk magnifi line, not only for movies, pwede na din sya pang music.