Author Topic: "Wheel of Fortune" with... Kris Aquino???  (Read 5492 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
"Wheel of Fortune" with... Kris Aquino???
« on: Jan 05, 2008 at 11:09 PM »
Oh wow - they're canceling Deal or No Deal and replacing it with...

;D

Now will Kris be playing Pat Sajak or Vanna White?
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 07:37 AM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:47 AM »
Oh wow - they're canceling the show and replacing it with...

;D

Now will Kris be playing Pat Sajak or Vanna White?

She'll be the wheel. ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:50 AM by indie boi »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 03:21 AM »

Why? Why? Why? WHEEL OF FORTUNE is such a classic TV Game Show I used to watch in RPN-9 because of its edutainment......and yes, Vanna White.
           Please no JEOPARDY in the future! This one's a classy and very informative game show and I don't like ABS 'tampering' this one. Only Alex Trebek can give respectability as a host.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Re: "Wheel of Fortune" with... Kris Aquino???
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 07:43 AM »
WHEEL OF FORTUNE is such a classic TV Game Show I used to watch in RPN-9 because of its edutainment......

RPN-9? 'Di ba Spin-A-Win with Jeanne Young yun?  ;D

I wonder why they bothered paying for the American franchise. I'm sure remaking Spin-A-Win would've been cheaper, so it would've suited Kris more. And didn't Wheel of Fortune with Rustom Padilla already flop on ABC-5?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 10:57 AM »
Hmm. I wonder if they'll dumb this down to appeal the masses. Tagalog kaya or English ang gagamitin?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 03:15 PM »
I wonder if they'll dumb this down to appeal the masses.

No offense, but... I can't imagine how to further dumb down "Wheel of Fortune."  ;D

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 07:22 PM »
Wheel of Misfortune:

Kris Aquino as host of WoF and her starring in PATAYIN SA SINDAK SI BARBARA.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 07:58 PM »
No offense, but... I can't imagine how to further dumb down "Wheel of Fortune."  ;D

Agree. How can you dumb down something as . . ehem . . .dumb as Wheel of Fortune?

Wait.

Cast Kris Aquino as the host, there's a start. ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:28 PM »
Agree. How can you dumb down something as . . ehem . . .dumb as Wheel of Fortune?

Wait.

Cast Kris Aquino as the host, there's a start. ;D

Yup I agree.... Does the studio really believe Kris is an excellent game show host?  I'm curious though how she will yet again tactlessly criticize her contestants both in appearance & intelligence....
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:34 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:49 PM »

Well, you know how ABS-CBN uses its shows to shamelessly promote its other shows/talents. They could use titles of ongoing teleseryes or names of popular actors as word puzzles, like "Patayin Sa Sindak Si Barbara" or "Piolo Pascual". Or worse, they could use an entire episode for product endorsement, similar to a Clear anti-dandruff shampoo-themed episode of "Pilipinas, Game Ka Na Ba?".

Thinking about it, I'm quite sure ABS will use "masa" appealing puzzles here (even to a small extent), so as not to alienate people with, uhm, limited vocabularies or cultural consciousness, especially now with the ratings controversy going on. It may not shock you to know that many ordinary Filipinos nowadays know more about Kapamilya or Kapuso shows and stars than basic Filipino patrimonial trivia or relevant national affairs.

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:50 PM by allanmandy »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:57 PM »
Yup I agree.... Does the studio really believe Kris is an excellent game show host?  I'm curious though how she will yet again tactlessly criticize her contestants both in appearance & intelligence....

Criticizing contestants for being dumb would be like the pot calling the kettle black. Maybe even worse, I still remember her mispronouncing the word "soliloquy" on TV when she's a frigging Ateneo graduate with a BA in English Lit. That's like a lawyer not being able to pronounce "habeas corpus".

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 10:45 PM »

Either Kris has a tremendous amount of clout or there really are a multitude of suck .  .este, people out there who idolize her and give her the cachet and equity and boost she doesn't  deserve - - -and it must be a fervid, zealous fanhood for her to stay where she is. (Kay Revillame ,I can sort of understand but not stomach either, because his shtick  - -and it is a shtick, that guy has no iota of sincerity in his bones - - -revolves around pretending to do people some good, plus he gives away free money, anybody who gives away free money immediately qualifies for godhood in these parts.)

It's a mystery of the ages.

To my mind , and to most people's I would imagine, the idea of a Kris Aquino Fan is a stupefying and inconceivable and possibly immoral a concept as that of an  Osama Bin Laden Fan. ;D

« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 10:48 PM by X44 »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 11:11 PM »
The Kris Aquino fan -- what a strange, mythological creature. I still wonder whether people actually bought that Goldilocks Christmas gift pack she's been hawking on her show. And here's something else to really make you scratch your head -- she's going to come out with a "cooking" DVD.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 11:41 PM »
Either Kris has a tremendous amount of clout or there really are a multitude of suck .  .este, people out there who idolize her and give her the cachet and equity and boost she doesn't  deserve - - -and it must be a fervid, zealous fanhood for her to stay where she is. (Kay Revillame ,I can sort of understand but not stomach either, because his shtick  - -and it is a shtick, that guy has no iota of sincerity in his bones - - -revolves around pretending to do people some good, plus he gives away free money, anybody who gives away free money immediately qualifies for godhood in these parts.)

It's a mystery of the ages.

To my mind , and to most people's I would imagine, the idea of a Kris Aquino Fan is a stupefying and inconceivable and possibly immoral a concept as that of an  Osama Bin Laden Fan. ;D

Hahaha! Good one!

I myself am stupefied at why she has her own magazine (a la "O" magazine of Oprah) and two inspirational albums, as if people need to be guided by her lifestyle advises and inspired by her musical preferences. I was also piqued when in 2004, Inquirer headlined Kris' initial preference of FPJ as presidential candidate, which the editors steadfastly defended when many eyebrows were raised on the issue of Kris' national political relevance. She's not a great game show and talk show host. Neither is she a good actress. And most definitely she's not the prettiest face in local show business. Plus, the Cory factor is virtually non-existent these days. So what perplexes me is how she matters, or seems to matter, to all of us. Now that's a great topic for a Ph.D. thesis in Filipino sociology.

The Kris Aquino fan -- what a strange, mythological creature. I still wonder whether people actually bought that Goldilocks Christmas gift pack she's been hawking on her show. And here's something else to really make you scratch your head -- she's going to come out with a "cooking" DVD.

Speaking of those Goldilocks cakes she's been giving away to her Deal or No Deal studio audience, my sister told me that her friend who once was an audience member, didn't get a cake when it was announced on national TV that all of them would be given one.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 11:51 PM »
The Kris Aquino fan -- what a strange, mythological creature.

Strange, yes. Mythological, sadly, not:

Fansite #1
Fansite #2
Fansite #3

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 10:34 AM »
Hahaha! Good one!

I myself am stupefied at why she has her own magazine (a la "O" magazine of Oprah) and two inspirational albums, as if people need to be guided by her lifestyle advises and inspired by her musical preferences. I was also piqued when in 2004, Inquirer headlined Kris' initial preference of FPJ as presidential candidate, which the editors steadfastly defended when many eyebrows were raised on the issue of Kris' national political relevance. She's not a great game show and talk show host. Neither is she a good actress. And most definitely she's not the prettiest face in local show business. Plus, the Cory factor is virtually non-existent these days. So what perplexes me is how she matters, or seems to matter, to all of us. Now that's a great topic for a Ph.D. thesis in Filipino sociology.

Speaking of those Goldilocks cakes she's been giving away to her Deal or No Deal studio audience, my sister told me that her friend who once was an audience member, didn't get a cake when it was announced on national TV that all of them would be given one.

Yeah, man, I agree, just the fact that those albums of her exist gives me goosebumps butwhen I heard them play snnipets of it on a show - - -man, pure terror! ;D

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 10:35 AM »
Strange, yes. Mythological, sadly, not:

Fansite #1
Fansite #2
Fansite #3

Pero eto, eto ang mga may kasalanan . . .at mas nakakatakot! ;D Signs of the apocalypse. Hehe.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #17 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 10:53 AM »

I wonder why they bothered paying for the American franchise. I'm sure remaking Spin-A-Win would've been cheaper, so it would've suited Kris more. And didn't Wheel of Fortune with Rustom Padilla already flop on ABC-5?

That's right, there was a Wheel of Fortune before, i was even one of the winners! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline RMN

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Jan 07, 2008 at 12:01 PM »
There used to be a Wheel of Fortune on ABC5. Tis a bad move, imho, on the part of ABS-CBN to bring in this show...
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2008 at 03:20 PM by RMN »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 04:11 AM »

Yes, I saw the game show on RPN-9 before on early evening during weekends. And some replays on weekdays a little late at night. Early '90's? Old episodes as fillers during weeknights I believe.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 04:14 AM »

By the way, what's with the another annoying hand gestures Kris is doing this time?  >:( ???

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 06:27 PM »
By the way, what's with the another annoying hand gestures Kris is doing this time?

Man, I thought you were kidding! She does have an annoying hand gesture again every time she says the show's title!  :o

I couldn't resist and switched on the TV in time to catch the last two puzzles being solved. The contestants are Martin Nievera, Ruffa Gutierrez and Mariel Rodriguez.

This is actually fun to watch, to mock both Kris and the contestants. If any of you are fans of FRIENDS... Ruffa Gutierrez is even more stupid than Joey Tribbiani when he was watching an episode of WoF!  ;D

BIG MONEY being won! You can easily win hundreds of thousands of pesos if you join!

But if their first round of celebrities is an indication of the type of contestants they'll be accepting, I'm guessing they have a cut-off, and won't allow anyone with an IQ over 100 to join.

ETA: I happened to catch the 1 Vs. 100 episode where Mariel Rodriguez was the contestant. The final question which she gave up on was "What is a Butanding?" TONIGHT, on Wheel of Fortune, her final clue was "Living Thing." The board looked like this:

_ _ T A N _ _ N G

She missed it.  ::)
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2008 at 06:45 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 08:22 PM »
is Mariel that annoying in real life? I will not last a minute with her. My brain might explode.  ;D

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #23 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 09:38 PM »
yeah the prizes are okay but since its a channel 2 program i wonder if they fix the show like wowowwee ;D
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #24 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 09:51 PM »
Ruffa Gutierrez is even more stupid than Joey Tribbiani when he was watching an episode of WoF!  ;D

No big surprise there.  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 10:01 PM »
That's true!  ;D

But... the answer to the "Song Title" clue was already about 75% exposed, it was obviously Tagalog ("Mahirap Talagang Magmahal Ng Syota Ng Iba"), and not only didn't she solve it, she actually asked for the letter... "F"!

;D

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 14, 2008 at 11:30 PM »
Man, I thought you were kidding! She does have an annoying hand gesture again every time she says the show's title!  :o

I kid you not! :D 

This is actually fun to watch, to mock both Kris and the contestants. If any of you are fans of FRIENDS... Ruffa Gutierrez is even more stupid than Joey Tribbiani when he was watching an episode of WoF!  ;D

To think that that particular episode of FRIENDS with Joey is way too funny! ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 15, 2008 at 10:51 PM »
To think that that particular episode of FRIENDS with Joey is way too funny!

The puzzle board reads:  "_OUNT RUSH _ORE"

Joey: "This guy is so stupid. It's Count Rushmore!"

Chandler: "You know, you should really go on this show."

Chandler: "Oh, and by the way... there is no 'Count Rushmore'."

Joey: "Yeah? Then who's the guy who painted the faces on the mountain?"

Ruffa: "Baka si... Ficasso!"

;D
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2008 at 10:52 PM by Mr. Hankey »