Author Topic: Is it time to declare a King of HD?  (Read 8278 times)

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Is it time to declare a King of HD?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 06, 2008 at 09:43 AM »
nah DVD and BD can co-exist, not everyone can buy an HDTV

hd tvs will be the norm in the US by this year. analog broadcasts will be pulled out. normal tvs will be obsolete soon... at least in the US.

Offline lazeeb0y

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • i'm invisible...
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 06:59 AM »
dvd's and crt tv's still rule in pinas! the average juan dela cruz can't afford to upgrade to bd and hdtv.
A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 07:31 AM »
dvd's and crt tv's still rule in pinas! the average juan dela cruz can't afford to upgrade to bd and hdtv.
In general yes, but right now, more and more middle class households are upgrading to flat panel HDTVs.   I have noticed the trend that all of my friends or relatives who wants to change their TV set, they ask me mostly what brand of flat panel to buy, or what what type (Plasma or LCD).

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Mar 08, 2008 at 09:18 AM »
In general yes, but right now, more and more middle class households are upgrading to flat panel HDTVs.   I have noticed the trend that all of my friends or relatives who wants to change their TV set, they ask me mostly what brand of flat panel to buy, or what what type (Plasma or LCD).

when lcd tvs reach the 20k mark i think that will make others switch. even low income people buy high end phones in this country... lol

but before we phase out dvds i think we should phase out vcds first in the philippines.