Author Topic: NBA 07-08 Season on BTV/ESPNSTAR/CS--PLAY-OFFS NA!!  (Read 67298 times)

Offline sebman

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Guru
  • yes mi lord
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2007-2008 Season on BTV/ESPN/STAR
« Reply #60 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:12 AM »
Now they only need to unretire Michael Olowakandi.   :D

nice addition... number 1 and 2 pick bust team..  :D  ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:13 AM by sebman »

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 02:33 PM »
ang lupet talaga ni Kobe. Lebron aint sh*t.

Kobe is the next best thing to Michael Jordan. Period. Now with a supporting cast, the Lakers now have what it takes to beat the best of the west.

Boston could make it all the way, theres only ONE BIG PROBLEM they got. the DETRIOT PISTONS with Big Shot Chauncey.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 07:24 PM »
Kwame Brown, despite his shortcomings as a player, has been touted by some columns as a very good teammate, in terms of camaraderie on and off the court.  It showed when his ex- Laker teammates came up to defend and support him when he was booed in Staples in a home game two weeks ago. 

He even apologized to Kupchak, LA's GM, for not living up to expectations right after being informed of the trade.     On the business side of basketball though, Because of Kwame, Washington got Butler, and the Lakers, Pau Gasol. 

Wishing a good guy the best though.  ;)

Offline Ctlim

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Feb 03, 2008 at 11:23 PM »
that game reminded me of the bloopers of charles smith of the new york knicks when they shouldve beat the jordan led bulls....

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Feb 04, 2008 at 02:46 AM »
sir munskie, remember this? you posted it at the NBA '07 thread when the lakers drafted his brother.. dilang-anghel..  ;D

LA Lakers have Gasol!!!!  ::)

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:23 AM »
As per ESPN, there are talks of Phoenix and Miami swapping Shawn Marion for Shaq.

A healthy Shaq will no doubt boost Phoenix, but I somehow doubt Shaq's knees would last the wear and tear of Phoenix' up-tempo game. I would love for this trade to happen coz, while I hate the Suns, I'd love to see what Shaq can provide for a team in desperate need of frontline help.

Makes the LAkers-Suns games something to look forward to.  ;D

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:44 AM »
As per ESPN, there are talks of Phoenix and Miami swapping Shawn Marion for Shaq.

A healthy Shaq will no doubt boost Phoenix, but I somehow doubt Shaq's knees would last the wear and tear of Phoenix' up-tempo game. I would love for this trade to happen coz, while I hate the Suns, I'd love to see what Shaq can provide for a team in desperate need of frontline help.

Makes the LAkers-Suns games something to look forward to.  ;D
If the Suns get Shaq,  what happens to their run and gun offense?   I think it will slow down a bit, and they feel that Shaq can give them an inside presence in the half court set, offense and defense.  Teams have been killing them inside, and the Laker's trade for Pau surely made them consider this move heavily.   Barring any injuries, Shaq might ressurect a declining game a bit with the presence of Nash.  I think they're feeling that their window for a Championship is fast closing.  Id welcome the move, a LA-PHX game would surely be great to watch.   ;D ;D  On the other end, Miami would surely be a flyer team now....with Marion joining the acrobatic Wade.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 10:50 AM by Munskie »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:33 AM »
Gasol just led the Lakers past New Jersey 105-90 with 24pts and 12rebs in his debut.. Kobe only had 6pts on 3-13 shooting..

Offline jeyps11_c

• DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 12:32 PM »
We've just seen a glimpse of how deep and dnagerous the Lakers can be.
Kobe scoring only 6 pts but still blowing the Nets (even if they suck).

They have a long and tall starting 5 in Kobe, Odom, Bynum, Gasol and Fisher but what other teams should be concerned about is the 2nd and 3rd stringers of the Lakers. You have Radmanovic, Vujacic, Farmar, Walton, Ariza and Turiaf coming off the bench. Those are not exactly push overs...I think they (the Lakers' bench scoring) are ranked in the top 3 in the NBA.

Plus you have a proven coach in Phil Jackson...other teams don't want this team in the 1st round (Utah?)
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 12:48 PM »
Both Bynum and Gasol are long, 7 footers who both have 7'6" wingspan.  That means more deflected passes, blocks and changed shots.

Questions have been raised if they could play together efficiently.   I think they can.  The triangle promotes proper spacing.   Gasol can man the post in the strong side, where his post moves (whether face up or back to basket) and his passing will thrive.  Bynum can be at the weakside, waiting for lob passes and offensive rebounds.    Oh man, its really a good time to be a Laker fan.  ;D ;D

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 873
« Reply #70 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 01:34 PM »
if the Suns get Shaq:

1. they will be saddled by his HUGE salary for the next two years.
2. they will have to slow down their game for him to be effective. They would veer away from their bread and butter which is the fast break style.
3. they will have to get used to the fact that Shaq will only play for half a season every year coz of his myriad of injuries (hip, knees etc).

IMHO its not worth it for them to pull the trigger on this trade.  Too much money for a declining superstar who has an average game now at this point in his career...same reason why Dr. Buss decided not to grant him his contract extension 3 years ago.

In retrospect, what the Lakers did way back when they traded Shaq turned out to be a very big blessing in disguise. If they had signed Shaq for that 5 year deal then they will be saddled with the problems that Miami has today. the Shaq - Kobe run officially ended when they lost to the Pistons. The year following that (Malone and GP year) it was very evident that Shaq's game was obviously on the decline already.  It really didnt make sense to invest big bucks in him as compared to a younger guy in Kobe.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 01:57 PM »
The Suns should do it only if Miami includes:

1. South Beach
2. Anna Kournikova

The Heat can keep Enrique Iglesias

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:13 PM »
Over in Memphis, cake insurance rose to 4% immediately after the trade.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:18 PM by Munskie »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:18 PM »
Over in Memphis, cake insurance rose to 4%.  ;D ;D

Hehe, check this out:
Cake Love: L.A. & Kwame
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2008/02/cake_love_la_kwame.html

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:26 PM »
Its official:   Shag back in the Pacific...traded to the Suns!!!!  ;D ;D

note:  pending on a physical test.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:27 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:39 PM »
The Phoenix faithful arent convinced.  A poll in their forum suggests they will "CRASH and BURN".  ;D

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:40 PM »
Its official:   Shag back in the Pacific...traded to the Suns!!!!  ;D ;D

note:  pending on a physical test.

Please let him fail that. Please, please, please.... Why do I have the feeling that the Suns just sold their soul to the devil? Oh wait, they just did.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #77 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 02:57 PM »
he..he nasa end court na phoenix players while si diesel nasa half court pa alng he..he

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:01 PM »
It's not April fools yet, right?

Shaq trade just wouldn't add up for Suns
By John Hollinger
ESPN Insider

The Phoenix Suns have the best record in the Western Conference, a game and a half ahead of their closest rival. They have the best scoring margin in the conference. They're 8-2 in their past 10 games (while outscoring opponents by nine points per game). And the Suns have a slew of home games coming up because their early schedule was so road-heavy.

In other words, after 48 games they're in as good a position as they've ever been in to win their first conference title since Sir Charles and KJ did it 15 years ago.

And their solution? Blow it up!

The Suns are reportedly in negotiations to trade Shawn Marion -- a man everyone agrees is a vital cog in their attack because of his ability to run opponents into submission from the power forward spot -- for Shaquille O'Neal. (The Suns would include Marcus Banks.)

Good call. Clearly this Nash-Marion-Stoudamire nucleus isn't working out; they've won only 62 and 61 games the two years they were together. This year they were on pace for a meager 58, so I guess they thought it had run its course.

My first reaction to hearing reports about this deal was that I was being Punk'd. After that, I checked the calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1, and verified that the voice on the other end of the phone didn't belong to Orson Welles.

But there was no Ashton Kutcher, no Orson Welles, and the calendar says it's February.

Believe it or not, this is a real, live trade discussion that might actually happen. I'm not sure I've adequately conveyed my shock at this development, but suffice it to say nobody I've talked to finds it even remotely sensible.

Shaq may be the one player who is least capable of thriving in the Suns' system. Run the break? No, thank you. Set a high screen and dive to the cup? Maybe 10 years ago. Space the floor for 3s? Please.

He's 35 and out of shape; at the moment he's also hurt. Even when healthy, he's had difficulty staying out of foul trouble long enough to make an impact. While I'll grant that Shaq can still be an offensive force -- even with his struggles this year his PER is a very solid 18.17 -- he's toasted regularly on defense. And if you thought Marion complained about not getting shots, you ain't heard nothing yet.

Even if you subscribe to the idea that Marion had to go -- there have been mutterings about his attitude for quite a while -- you can't seriously tell me this was the best deal on the table.

While matching his $17 million contract is difficult, the fact that there's only a year and a half left on it means there are partners out there. Just thinking out loud, for instance, you'd think New Jersey would have taken Marion in a heartbeat for Vince Carter or Richard Jefferson, and the Andrei Kirilenko deal that was so heavily discussed before the season also would seem preferable.

Marion, by the way, hadn't let his dissatisfaction and his own offseason trade demand affect his play. His 20.25 PER nearly matches last year's 20.87, and he's made up for a reduction in shots by cutting his turnovers and increasing his assists.

But despite his performance they're trading him for an older, less effective player, and one who could not be more of a square peg in a round hole in their system.

And get this -- the deal will worsen their cap situation, too. Shaq is on the books for two years after this one at $20 million a pop, whereas Marion only has one year left at less money, and may opt out after this season. So in addition to messing up their own team, the Suns will be basically handing Pat Riley a big fat Get Out of Jail Free card.

In short, this deal feels like one of these movie scenes where the lead character has a plan and says, "It's crazy ... but it just might work!"

I'm not sure about the working part, but it's definitely crazy. I'm praying this trade doesn't really happen, because the Suns have been too entertaining for too long to screw up their title chances like this.
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:23 PM by dobler »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:14 PM »
I do have a gut feeling that Shaq will give his all to help Phoenix and stick it one last time to Kobe and Buss.   ;D ;D  The Suns felt that they wouldnt win the West anyway if they keep the same roster.

Stern would surely pray for this........ Phoenix vs LA in WCF, and a possible LA-CElts finals.  :D
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:21 PM by Munskie »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:23 PM »
I think it's gonna be a done deal (Shaq to Phoenix) coz the Suns are friggin desperate to plug their main weakness and they are really hoping Shaq will take this as a challenge and miraculously keep pace with the Suns offense. They (and I think everyone) panicked when the LAkers got another big to go along with their already-tall frontline.

Phoenix vs El-Ay in the playoffs would make Stern cream his pants.  ;D

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #81 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:24 PM »
heat must be laughing their guts out. what a dumb move by the phoenix gm
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:27 PM »
heat must be laughing their guts out. what a dumb move by the phoenix gm
That would be Steve Kerr  ;D ;D ;D He wants to reunite the '96 East All-Stars (Shaq and Hill)  :D :D

Heat can now rebuild around Wade and Marion  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 03:29 PM by Munskie »

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 05:10 PM »
just got a glimpse of basketball in HD.   im salivating and cant wait for us to have HD broadcast.

here's  the HD highlights of Pau Gasol's debut as a Laker, indicator on how he fit in the Triangle offense.

download the file, copy in a USB flash, and play it thru PS3 or your divx player in your HDTV.

http://www.stage6.com/user/jd2k/video/2196961/

great stuff!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2008 at 05:26 PM by Munskie »

Offline dobler

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 05:46 PM »
just got a glimpse of basketball in HD.   im salivating and cant wait for us to have HD broadcast.
here's  the HD highlights of Pau Gasol's debut as a Laker, indicator on how he fit in the Triangle offense.
download the file, copy in a USB flash, and play it thru PS3 or your divx player in your HDTV.
http://www.stage6.com/user/jd2k/video/2196961/
great stuff!!!

Pre, iba talaga HD Basketball. Had a chance to watch a couple games last time I went to the US. Favorite angle ko is top of the key. With 16x9, you get to see the whole key from baseline to baseline, without the camera panning in order to follow the ball. Heaven!

That would be Steve Kerr  ;D ;D ;D He wants to reunite the '96 East All-Stars (Shaq and Hill)  :D :D

Heat can now rebuild around Wade and Marion  ;D ;D

I really thought Steve Kerr was one of the smarter ones. But let's see if this gamble works out.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 339
« Reply #85 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 08:55 PM »
I do have a gut feeling that Shaq will give his all to help Phoenix and stick it one last time to Kobe and Buss.   ;D ;D  The Suns felt that they wouldnt win the West anyway if they keep the same roster.

I have the same feeling.  Assuming that Shaq passes his physical and recovers from whatever's ailing him, I think he will prove all the critics wrong and be a positive contributor to the Suns.  He usually plays well and is driven/motivated after he's traded (championships for LAL and MIA).  Obviously, his best years are behind him and he can't run the break, but I think he'll be more of a role player in PHX, which should work.  He's still good for double-digits in rebounds (to start the Suns' running game) and can match up against the top big guys in the West.  He will also allow Amare to slide to his natural position.

We don't have to wait long for the first salvo of the new Kobe-Shaq wars..  Mark it - Feb. 20, LAL @ PHX! 

We deserve better.

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 09:04 PM »
Malayo pa Feb 21 deadline......I feel marami pa trades mangyayari!!!  ;D ;D  Now, now I have to restart my 2K8 league again??

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:08 PM »
Quite ironic!

When Shaq was with the Lakers, they used to kid Kobe that he will be traded to Phoenix for Marion. Back then, that deal would have been a steal for Phoenix.

It will be ironic if it ended up that it was him who will be traded to Phoenix for Marion. But this time around, I see the Suns on the losing end of this deal.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #88 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:27 PM »
one word come to mind PLAYOFFS ... this is what he needs, fourth, fifth option heck he can back up amare...

imagine playoffs, west is a big man's game... amare/shaq vs

yao and scola?
dirk and diop/dampier?
chandler/west?
duncan/oberto?
camby kmart?
boozer/okur?

with hill, bell, barbosa and nash..  lakas pa rin  suns... they can still run just plug diaw there somewhere...
mind you only lakers can match that firepower...

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Feb 06, 2008 at 11:36 PM »
I think it's gonna be a done deal (Shaq to Phoenix) coz the Suns are friggin desperate to plug their main weakness and they are really hoping Shaq will take this as a challenge and miraculously keep pace with the Suns offense. They (and I think everyone) panicked when the LAkers got another big to go along with their already-tall frontline.

Phoenix vs El-Ay in the playoffs would make Stern cream his pants.  ;D

They should get this deal done... or else, the Suns will have a very pissed Marion in their hands!!!

But...
will this get the Suns over the Spurs?
    Nash vs. Parker/Damon S. - almost even
    Bell/Barbosa vs. Ginobili - almost even
    Hill/Diaw vs. Finley/Horry/Bowen - almost even
    Amare vs. Duncan - advantage Spurs
    Shaq vs. Oberto - slight advantage Suns

And finally, will this get the Suns over the Lakers?
    Nash vs. Fisher/Farmar - advantage Suns
    Bell/Barbosa vs. Kobe/Sasha - advantage Lakers
    Hill/Diaw vs. Odom/Ariza/Walton - advantage Lakers
    Amare vs. Gasol - almost even
    Shaq vs. Bynum - slight advantage Lakers  ;D