Author Topic: Toshiba 37" C3500 anyone who owns this? care to share your experience..  (Read 18994 times)

Offline gMsCoTT

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • I'm a Giraffe!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I hope you resolve this one soon bro. I am also considering this model to compliment my HTPC system.

Can anyone help?  :)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
@Giospike
bro napagana mo na yan dati diba? ano last mong ginawa bakit nagka-ganyan?
naglagay ka lang ba ng 2nd display? if yes, ano yung 2nd display mo?
try the 37" as your primary muna .. if successful tsaka mo na tweak para pagpalitin .. usually kasi nagkakaganyan pag nagclone yung display eh .. nakukuha yung settings ng 22" (1080p) mo ng 37" (720p?) .. hth
update mo kami .. ;D
ninjababez online ..

Offline GioSpike

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
LCD detected but no display when using an HDMI cable
« Reply #62 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 04:48 PM »
Bumalik akong S&S kanina at dinala ko ulit yung PC ko to check kung HDMI port sa LCD ko may problem.  Ganun rin ang nangyari eh.  It says on the manual that HDMI only accepts 480p/i, 576p/i, 720p (1280x720) and 1080p/i (1920x1080) signals. 1360x768 yung settings video card kaya siguro walang display. Nagwork sa 1280x720 resolution yung HDMI pero nakakabit yung PC ko sa HDMI splitter box, then yung C3500 nakakabit dun sa splitter box.

Sir Vic was so kind and considerate that he offered to replace my LCD with a different model, so I tested the 32LX77 again.  As advised by ninjababez, I checked the PC settings on the 32LX77. Default pala nya eh XGA. Pinalitan ko ng WXGA umokey na sya, medyo naging clear din yung text but not as clear as C3500. Wala naman ako budget sa higher model or Plasma kaya hindi na rin ako magpapalit.

I'm really happy with my Toshiba 37C3500 lalo na ngayon naconfirm ko na na walang problema sa HDMI ng LCD ko.  Coming from someone who personally auditioned the LCDs at S&S twice, I recommend this for HTPC, great text and PQ.
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2008 at 05:37 PM by GioSpike »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: LCD detected but no display when using an HDMI cable
« Reply #63 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 10:33 PM »
Bumalik akong S&S kanina at dinala ko ulit yung PC ko to check kung HDMI port sa LCD ko may problem.  Ganun rin ang nangyari eh.  It says on the manual that HDMI only accepts 480p/i, 576p/i, 720p (1280x720) and 1080p/i (1920x1080) signals. 1360x768 yung settings video card kaya siguro walang display. Nagwork sa 1280x720 resolution yung HDMI pero nakakabit yung PC ko sa HDMI splitter box, then yung C3500 nakakabit dun sa splitter box.

Sir Vic was so kind and considerate that he offered to replace my LCD with a different model, so I tested the 32LX77 again.  As advised by ninjababez, I checked the PC settings on the 32LX77. Default pala nya eh XGA. Pinalitan ko ng WXGA umokey na sya, medyo naging clear din yung text but not as clear as C3500. Wala naman ako budget sa higher model or Plasma kaya hindi na rin ako magpapalit.

I'm really happy with my Toshiba 37C3500 lalo na ngayon naconfirm ko na na walang problema sa HDMI ng LCD ko.  Coming from someone who personally auditioned the LCDs at S&S twice, I recommend this for HTPC, great text and PQ.

service unit lang nila yun 32" bro?
ninjababez online ..

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
service unit lang nila yun 32" bro?
Alin dun? Yung Panasonic 32LX77?  Ewan ko. Tinest ko yung mga nakadisplay sa shop nila. Default settings at pinalitan ko lang to WXGA yung PC setting. May plastic pa yung outside panels nung iba.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ahh akala ko pinagamit muna sayo yung 32" as a service unit ..  ;D
ot:
ako ngayon naguguluhan kung ano uunahin .. gamit sa bahay (Necessity) or 42" plasma + ps3 (luho)  ;D
ninjababez online ..

Online bongerds

• Collector
  • audio enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 89
@giospike,

for your peace of mind... yun akin c3500 din wala display pag connected to DVI-->HDMI adapter.  pero pag sa dvd player HDMI output ok sya.  I suspect may problema yun conversion ng signal from dvi to hdmi pero sabi mo ok pag iba lcd gamit. 

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
d kya sa settings lng ng video card mu? bka d ka naka multiple display kya no signal was transfered to your toshiba lcd panel.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
d kya sa settings lng ng video card mu? bka d ka naka multiple display kya no signal was transfered to your toshiba lcd panel.

Thanks for the advice. As mentioned on my earlier post,
I connected both Samsung 2232GW 22" LCD and Toshiba Regza 37C3500 on my Powercolor 3850 with 2 DVI ports video card (latest driver).
Dual Display Setup:
1. Samsung - using DVI cable (DVI-DVI)
2. Toshiba - using HDMI cable (HDMI -  HDMI w/ DVI adapter)

I set the Toshiba LCDTV menu to HDMI input then turned on my PC. I got display on my Samsung and it detected the Toshiba LCD. I set the ATI display settings to clone, extended, dual display, but I didn't get any display on the Toshiba screen.

Its an issue with the LCD as confirmed by bongerds and when I did another testing at S&S. Pero okay lang, text and PQ for HTPC is still better on the 37C3500 as compared with other LCDs (based on the test I did and the configuration of my PC). Atleast I have 2 unused HDMI ports on my LCD that I might use in my next upgrade.  ;)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Ok tnx din.
Great choice for this model wats important is your very satisfied and contented with this choice of yours.
ENJOY!!!
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline momay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
here's my idea on giospike's problem. Could you give the specs of your videocard?what is its output? DVI-D(single link) or DVI-I(dual link)?what type of DVI-HDMI adaptor did you use?DVI-D or DVI-I? If your videocard is DVI-D, then a DVI-I DVI-HDMI adaptor is ok to use but if your videocard is DVI-I, the DVI-HDMI adaptor you should use should also be DVI-I capable. Reason for dual link (DVI-I) is if the single link (DVI-D) cannot accomodate the bandwidth required, the second link is automatically used. if you are using DVI-D, that might be causing the Toshiba not displaying anything as the adaptor cannot accomodate the signal bandwidth. this is just my idea and i dont have the hardware. you should try this first.

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
here's my idea on giospike's problem. Could you give the specs of your videocard?what is its output? DVI-D(single link) or DVI-I(dual link)?what type of DVI-HDMI adaptor did you use?DVI-D or DVI-I? If your videocard is DVI-D, then a DVI-I DVI-HDMI adaptor is ok to use but if your videocard is DVI-I, the DVI-HDMI adaptor you should use should also be DVI-I capable. Reason for dual link (DVI-I) is if the single link (DVI-D) cannot accomodate the bandwidth required, the second link is automatically used. if you are using DVI-D, that might be causing the Toshiba not displaying anything as the adaptor cannot accomodate the signal bandwidth. this is just my idea and i dont have the hardware. you should try this first.

Thanks for the advice.

My ATI 3850 has 2 DVI-I dual link ports capable of accepting single/dual link DVI-A/DVI-D cables/adaptors.
I've used the following cables and adapters:
*HDMI to HDMI cable + HDMI to DVI-D dual link adapter.
*HDMI to > DVI-D dual link cable (No adapter needed).
*Tried 4 different cables and adapters.

A DVI single link can display a resolution of 1920 x 1200, while a DVI dual link can display a resolution of 2560 x 1600. I only need 1360x768 so I don't think its an issue.

Okay na ako sa VGA since yun naman talaga PC input nung 37C3500 at sharp yung text nya for HTPC, but could have been happier if the HDMI PC input worked.  :)

Sabi nga nung friend ko, mas maganda daw talaga yung text sa Toshiba LCD. He just purchased a Panasonic 32LX77 and he noticed that the text is not as sharp as the Toshiba, parang cloudy.  I dunno, it could be the video card or cable he is using.

I hope other C3500 users could try this and see if HDMI input will work on their PC.

Offline momay

• Collector
  • Liked:
how about HDCP? could it be the culprit?

i would help you research more on this problem as i've decided to buy one pag uwi ko ng Pilipinas based on your review. i saw your post on the lcd/plasma pricewatch and that full HD toshiba LCD is very tempting. kung nandyan lang ako ngayun akin na yung isa nun.mas mura pa compared dito sa japan. by the way the regza c3500 series here in japan is already full HD. but more expensive than what is posted in tpc.

Offline momay

• Collector
  • Liked:
have you tried a DVI to HDMI cable. i've read somewhere some guy have similar problem with ati 3850 and toshiba LCDTV using dvi-hdmi adaptor. and using a direct dvi-hdmi cable solved his problem. he also mentioned that there are two versions of ati dvi-hdmi adaptor.Rev.A and Rev.B.he said that Rev.B does not have that problem, but unfortunately he has the Rev.A.

some more opinions on HDCP. since the LCD can only detect a video signal from the HDMI source, HDCP might be preventing the video to display as it is incomplete media content (lacking in audio).these are just probabilities. the toshiba might have the problem communicating with the media source as the content is incomplete. implementation of HDCP on the toshiba might be the problem.
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2008 at 05:30 PM by momay »

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
have you tried a DVI to HDMI cable. i've read somewhere some guy have similar problem with ati 3850 and toshiba LCDTV using dvi-hdmi adaptor. and using a direct dvi-hdmi cable solved his problem. he also mentioned that there are two versions of ati dvi-hdmi adaptor.Rev.A and Rev.B.he said that Rev.B does not have that problem, but unfortunately he has the Rev.A.

some more opinions on HDCP. since the LCD can only detect a video signal from the HDMI source, HDCP might be preventing the video to display as it is incomplete media content (lacking in audio).these are just probabilities. the toshiba might have the problem communicating with the media source as the content is incomplete. implementation of HDCP on the toshiba might be the problem.

I hope we could really fix this.

I dunno if its really an HDCP issue since I'm getting no display as soon as I turn on the PC and even I'm not playing High-Definition content on non-HDCP protected files.

I also tried DVI to HDMI cable, hindi nagwork. Ganito ginamit ko.

I also tried different adaptors and it did not work. 

I guess its really an issue with 3850 and Toshiba since other people are experiencing the same problem:
http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=95789&enterthread=y
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?p=650114
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=262785
http://pressf1.pcworld.co.nz/showthread.php?t=86230

Here's what he posted:
So I’m the proud new owned or a 1080P TV  and I’m trying to hook my computer up to it for photos, music and movies. I just can’t get it to extend over to my television

Windows detects the second monitor
Windows knows what brand of monitor is plugged in
Windows allows me to drag items over to the other monitor
Windows allows me to set the resolution correctly to 1920x1080@60hz
All I get on the TV is a nice pretty blue screen when I am on the HDMI source
(won't even show anything at low res)

Computer: Quadcore 2.4Ghz Q6600, 4GB RAM, 4x500GB HDD(64 bit Vista Ultimate), 1x500GB HDD(32 bit Vista Ultimate), Sapphire Radeon HD3870 512MB card (comes std with HDMI Adaptor)
Television: 42 inch Toshiba LCD 42X3500A Fulll HD
Monitor: 19 inch wide
I have installed all the latest drivers and ATI Catalyst Software and have had it going using component at low res however I can’t get anything to display on HDMI. I have tried an expensive Monster HDMI-DVI adaptor and the standard adaptor with an HDMI cable.
The ATI Catalyst software also has a “Force TV detection” option that you are meant to click if the computer doesn’t detect the TV (doesn’t work)
I have fiddled with the advanced setting on the TV and in the ATI software and still nothing 

Any advice would be appreciated
I still don't think that it is an HDCP problem though.
HDCP is only for playing back HD video like Blu-ray etc.
HDCP won't stop the BIOS or Windows desktop from showing up on the TV.

« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2008 at 02:01 AM by GioSpike »

Offline momay

• Collector
  • Liked:
im quite sure its toshiba's implementation of HDCP. as you said there is no problem with the 3850 since nagdisplay siya sa samsung. maybe masyadong mataas ang iq ng metabrain ng regza. ;D

by the way, is it capable of displaying local/cable tv broadcast at its native resolution (525 lines - 640X480?)? i dont mind the small picture size as long as the picture is not stretched/degraded.
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2008 at 09:39 AM by momay »

Offline aging_geek

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Just to share my own experience. I recently purchased from S&S a Toshiba 46X3500. I tried to connect my MacBook Air which has DVI output using a DVI to HDMI adapter. Same story, my Mac recognized the TV and could even display all the resolutions the TV was capable of. However, nothing came out of the display. I posted this at the Mac discussion site but no one provided any replies as comprehensive as I saw in this forum. I've stopped trying to get this to work for the meantime.

Offline e_none

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • --mangyan man kami--
  • Liked:
i just ordered this unit from S&S instead of sony LCD, after seing them side by side ;D hintay ko nlng cia to deliver tommorow!
H5360/onkyo607/pv80/ps3/7.1/WDTv...

Offline gMsCoTT

• Apprentice
  • I'm a Giraffe!
  • Liked:
Hi guys,

Has anyone resolved the PC Card DVI-HDMI issue? I am interested in this unit for an HTPC and am concerned about the connection not working. =(

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
i just ordered this unit from S&S instead of sony LCD, after seing them side by side ;D hintay ko nlng cia to deliver tommorow!

Side-by-side comparison at default setting, Toshiba really has better picture than Sony.

Delivery is on its way to your place. Thank you for buying TV from us.

Offline GioSpike

• Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
Hi guys,

Has anyone resolved the PC Card DVI-HDMI issue? I am interested in this unit for an HTPC and am concerned about the connection not working. =(

Just to add on the PM I sent you earlier...

As I mentioned, it may be the video card, this issue is common to ATI 38xx series. The HDMI-DVI connection may work on the current configuration of your PC if you are using a nVidia or older ATI graphics card.

By the way, I got the HDMI connection working through an HDMI multiplier at S&S. I did not notice any difference in comparison to VGA connection.

May bago yung Toshiba, I did some testing and it performed great on HTPC. Some screenshots here: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=81148.msg828226#msg828226

Offline deeboy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
planning to get this model.. sabi kasi ni sir vic same specs lang with 37av500. so malamang eto n lang kunin ko mas mura sya e.. :) sana makaraket na tom para sa sat makabili n ako.. hehehe..

looks lang daw ang naiba..
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2008 at 12:52 PM by deeboy »

Offline gMsCoTT

• Apprentice
  • I'm a Giraffe!
  • Liked:
@GioSpike

Ah ok. Thanks for the info bro. Really helpful. =)

I actually have an Nvidia 8800GT card so I'm crossing my fingers.  :) I'll really see if I can bring in my system to check it out.

But the fact that you and the guys at S&S found a way to get it to work also through an HDMI Multiplier makes me more at ease with getting this unit, if ever. At least there is a back-up solution if necessary.

@Sir E-Reply

Can I request a PM of your lowest price for this unit. Thanks to Giospike and the rest of the very helpful guys here I am strongly considering this as my next purchase for my HTPC. Thanks in advance and God bless. =)

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
@GioSpike

Ah ok. Thanks for the info bro. Really helpful. =)

I actually have an Nvidia 8800GT card so I'm crossing my fingers.  :) I'll really see if I can bring in my system to check it out.

But the fact that you and the guys at S&S found a way to get it to work also through an HDMI Multiplier makes me more at ease with getting this unit, if ever. At least there is a back-up solution if necessary.

@Sir E-Reply

Can I request a PM of your lowest price for this unit. Thanks to Giospike and the rest of the very helpful guys here I am strongly considering this as my next purchase for my HTPC. Thanks in advance and God bless. =)

Sent you pm.

Offline e_none

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • --mangyan man kami--
  • Liked:
sir la pa po ba available toshiba HT for my 37"C3500?
H5360/onkyo607/pv80/ps3/7.1/WDTv...

Offline E-reply

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sir la pa po ba available toshiba HT for my 37"C3500?

We have Toshiba hdmi tower SD57HTXR selling at P20K.

Cheers,
Vic

Offline popoyextreme

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
is Toshiba Regza C3500 and C3500E the same?

im looking at 32"-37"

anyone got updated and least price oft these and wats the difference of the two models ung with E or without E

thanks.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
is Toshiba Regza C3500 and C3500E the same?

im looking at 32"-37"

anyone got updated and least price oft these and wats the difference of the two models ung with E or without E

thanks.

same sya. it actually has 3 codes a, e and t. dito sa atin its e. its region coding, as far as i know, no major difference in form and function. i think the 37" is only 42-45k now. pag may stock. because i think there is a newer model available already. but for me its a pretty good panel for its price.

Offline redram

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
I bought this recently from Jeff. He has few remaining units left.

I chose this over 37AV500 because it really accepts 1080p (via HDMI from Toshiba HDDVD).
For 37AV500- Selecting 1080p at HDDVD setup menu, front display shows only 1080i.
For 37C3500- Selecting 1080p at HDDVD setup menu, front display shows 1080p.

Brightness 500 against 450cd/m^2

Also, Panel Response Speed is faster at 6.5ms against 9ms.

I think 37AV500 evolved from 37A3500. Whereas, 37CV500 from 37C3500.
Feeding 37A3500 with 1080p results to blue screen (can't accept the signal).
37CV500 I believe is not yet available in the market.

Offline lirpa_esor

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
guys question lang, can anyone give feedbacks when using ps3 with this lcd? planning to get one this week and im torn between this and 37" samsung 37a450 (but its priced way off). im also considering getting full hd 32"a550 but i am concerned about its small size.

TIA