Author Topic: Bitin na bitin ako  (Read 6908 times)

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Bitin na bitin ako
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
hindi ba kaya sir sa pagtaas ng gain ng center..ako din kasi bitin dati..tinaasan ko ung gain at ilang beses ko ni relocate yung sub ko..

Offline highwayman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2009 at 08:02 PM »
Hi guys

My center speaker is just the WH2 wharfe, sooobrang bitin ako. Mahina masyado ang daldalan, kahit orig dvd, or from egreat or dibidi.

Will there be an improvement if i upgrade to 9CS?

It is hooked up nga pala sa Yamaha 363, max na yung volume ng center sa setting.

thanks!

a friend of mine used 2 center speakers... i was quite impressed with the result... been wanting to try it din... if you can borrow a spare, why not give it a try...

BUT... BTW... he uses a power amp and each center has its own power channel...

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2009 at 08:21 PM »
hindi ba kaya sir sa pagtaas ng gain ng center..ako din kasi bitin dati..tinaasan ko ung gain at ilang beses ko ni relocate yung sub ko..

in my setup, the CC speaker is 1 or 2 clicks gain lower than L/R fronts.
based on my observations, if you triangulate your position between L/R speakers @ equilateral triangle the CC is +/-20% closer than the L/R speakers..

there are two ways to balance the L/C/R; by distance or gain control...
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2009 at 02:04 AM »
ive taken the first option, asked anthony to tweak it, will change the tweeter to velo tweet and also change the xover, already gave the spekers to him this morning when he delivered my sweet clones.=)

hopefully by sat eb madala na nya.

lets see then hehe
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009 at 03:57 AM »
Sir you may take into consideration on upgrading your receiver in the future. Hirap talaga kapag manual adjustment ang ginagawa sa volume ng speaker. Konting adjust sa center baka hindi na sya mag-balance sa left, right and surrounds. Get a receiver with YPAO (Yamaha), Audyssey/Auto Setup (Denon) or any receiver with similar feature. It is a big help if you have this feature in your receiver (IMO) because it will automatically adjust the volume of your speakers depending on the room and listener's location.  Hopefully for now that 'first option' will solve the problem.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009 at 01:56 PM »
Sir you may take into consideration on upgrading your receiver in the future. Hirap talaga kapag manual adjustment ang ginagawa sa volume ng speaker. Konting adjust sa center baka hindi na sya mag-balance sa left, right and surrounds. Get a receiver with YPAO (Yamaha), Audyssey/Auto Setup (Denon) or any receiver with similar feature. It is a big help if you have this feature in your receiver (IMO) because it will automatically adjust the volume of your speakers depending on the room and listener's location.  Hopefully for now that 'first option' will solve the problem.

hello, my yammy has YPAO, hindi ko lang makita yung mic.  ;D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2009 at 02:25 PM »

SPL meter would do. But that's around P3k. It's what I use, di ko pa natry yung YPAO ng 663 ko.

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2009 at 05:07 PM »

Hehehe.  ;D

Have you tried using it sir? Hiram na lang kayo kung nawawala.  ;D SPL is another option like what sir blued said. Kaso pandagdag na rin yun ng decent center.

Offline entrylevel

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 12:22 AM »
any updates from the threadstarter? Im having the same problem medyo nabibitin ako sa polk audio cs10 center speakers ko powered with HK 255 naka +8 na, treble is set to max and crossover is set to 100hz para maging clear and direct sounding yung dialogues. I did the calibration na. Do I need to upgrade to cs20? Any inputs? :)
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2009 at 12:50 AM by entrylevel »

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Jun 07, 2009 at 11:54 AM »
Ingatan niyo yung masyadong mataas na + sa levels baka mamaya may masunog sa speakers niyo. :-X

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #40 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 03:09 AM »

a friend of mine used 2 center speakers... i was quite impressed with the result... been wanting to try it din... if you can borrow a spare, why not give it a try...

This is a good idea.... hmmm, lemme try it this weekend. pero kailangan dito match yung 2 center mo or else sayang lang kung di magpantay yung sound.  ???

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #41 on: Jun 09, 2009 at 08:32 AM »

This is a good idea.... hmmm, lemme try it this weekend. pero kailangan dito match yung 2 center mo or else sayang lang kung di magpantay yung sound.  ???
not a good idea if you don't have a separate amp. if you put the two center speakers in parallel and pump up the volume you might fry your receiver's center channel amp because of the low impedance. you will theoretically get the same output if connected in series, but if your speakers are not placed side by side you will actually get less output.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #42 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 04:16 PM »
Ingatan niyo yung masyadong mataas na + sa levels baka mamaya may masunog sa speakers niyo. :-X

Does this apply to powered subs as well? Does the subout feed power to it? TIA

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #43 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 04:23 PM »
Does this apply to powered subs as well? Does the subout feed power to it? TIA

there are two ways to damage your subwoofers this way:
1) too much + on the LFE channel = signal clipping might damage the input (rare but possible)
    1a) the outputs churn out volts instead of watts IIRC
2) too much boost to the subwoofer channel means when you UP your master volume, the subwoofer would be working as much as 2.5x more than the other channels.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009 at 04:24 PM by mike c »
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 04:47 PM »
there are two ways to damage your subwoofers this way:
1) too much + on the LFE channel = signal clipping might damage the input (rare but possible)
    1a) the outputs churn out volts instead of watts IIRC
2) too much boost to the subwoofer channel means when you UP your master volume, the subwoofer would be working as much as 2.5x more than the other channels.

very informative as always sir mike! Thank you very much. kaso i think i need to make my query more specific.

audyssey suggests that we set the volume on the sub at 12 o' clock position (so volume is not maxed out on the sub). so for example, i got a -3db after the calibration. I raised the sub volume to +3db on the AVR. Is this ok? Or is it better to just use the volume controls on the sub itself? again TIA. :)

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #45 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 04:51 PM »
very informative as always sir mike! Thank you very much. kaso i think i need to make my query more specific.

audyssey suggests that we set the volume on the sub at 12 o' clock position (so volume is not maxed out on the sub). so for example, i got a -3db after the calibration. I raised the sub volume to +3db on the AVR. Is this ok? Or is it better to just use the volume controls on the sub itself? again TIA. :)

i think it's ok, 3db isn't that much.
in terms of signal input, you're pretty safe.

in terms of subwoofer output, that's a 6db gain (6db hot is twice as loud) ... basta kaya ng subwoofer, no problem.
i always set each of my subs 6db hot.
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline CMac

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 05:13 PM »
Thanks mike!!!!

"safe" is the word I'm looking for.  ;D