Author Topic: RIP-OFF DVD: Burlesk Queen Ngayon  (Read 15419 times)

NY152

• Trade Count: (0)
RIP-OFF DVD: Burlesk Queen Ngayon
« on: Feb 07, 2002 at 03:28 AM »
Having seen this film in theaters, I decided that if I were to add a Pinoy DVD to my collection, then this truly bad softcore film would at least be conversation-worthy.

BE WARNED: The DVD has been VERY HEAVILY CENSORED. They've deleted practically ALL of the full frontal nudity that was shown in theaters during the film's regular run.

To make matters worse, the packaging is fraudulent. The back cover clearly states "Feature Run Time: 1:53:36 Minutes". The disc is actually only 91:18 Minutes.

VIVA, you've sunk to a new low. I don't blame you for the lack of features on your FOX releases - that's probably something contractual with the FOX parent company and is beyond your control. I can also forgive the fact that you don't even print product inserts with chapter references to include with your discs. But this particular deception is 100% your fault! Consider this yet another customer lost.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: RIP-OFF DVD: Burlesk Queen Ngayon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2002 at 08:51 AM »
Thanks for the info NY152. I almost bought the dvd, what with its  lowered price. It could have been swell time watching Ina gyrate in her birthday suit. Nakita ko lahat kasi sa moviehouse hehehe.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2002 at 03:49 PM »
Thanks for the warning NY152. Hindi ko na rin bibilhin ito. Another customer lost.

Yung Unfaithful Wife 2 kaya, na chop-chop rin sa DVD? Feedback please!
There's something to learn everyday

Offline Larry_Boy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2002 at 11:33 PM »
medyo off topic but i can't help but share with you a similar experience when i bought the original vcd of 'bad boys'.  i was really surprised when they censored all the profanity in that movie. you could just imagine that there were some dialogues which didn't have any sound (natawa na lang ako).  at least i could show it na to younger & less mature viewers.  hmmmm, siguro dapat may thread na ganito 'no, what do you think?  
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. (Prov 3:5)

Offline utoy

• DVD Addict
  • the noxious in obnoxious
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2002 at 12:05 AM »
really off topic: i was watching an adult DVD one time, the producers/distributors deemed the word "f*ck" offensive to  ;D discriminating viewers like me so they bleeped every single f word there was while showing very graphic sex scenes. the height of hypocrisy! ;D

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2002 at 04:21 PM »
Are most Viva DVDs censored? I want to know before rushing in to buy all the titles on my list. So far, Burlesk Queen Ngayon has been mentioned. Kabit ni Miss Montero nga pala was not edited.

Thanks!

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 02:09 AM »
Viva Films which were badly Censored are as follows:
1. Laruan - Starring Carmi Martin (Note: this was not release yet on DVD only on VCD).But be forwarned
2. Burlesk Queen - No Final Frontal from Ina
3. Unfaithful Wife2 - You will be disappointed that they cut the scene were Maureen Larazabal and R ???yan Eigenman are having fun in the bathroom (To bad - Do Not buy the DVD!!!)

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
PINOY DVD CENSORSHIP - As a consumer, I am very disappointed. Normally in US and other countries,DVD are meant to be the full unedited version or Unrated. To VRB - "Heads Up!!" better take this into consideration after what you have done heavily censoring "Burlesk Queen Ngayon" and "Unfaithful Wife 2" on DVD. VRB, you are so -INCONSISTENT- Why did you allow titles like Scorpion Nights2,Balahibong Pusa,Ekis,Biyaheng Langit,MadameX,Kabit ni Mrs Montero to be OK (To consumers: the six titles mentioned are worth buying!!)
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 05:10 PM »
Welcome to PinoyDVD xage,

Thanks for the infos about those censored DVD/VCD. I'm planning to buy Unfaithful Wife 2. But, after your recommendation, I've change my mind.
 By the way, shouldn't we blame Viva for censoring those DVDs you mentioned instead of VRB? Do VRB has something to do with censorship thing? Just asking. ???
 Keep posting friend ! On behalf of the members whose into Pilipino DVDs, Thanks for the recommendations. We'll be looking for more of your posting. :) :) :)

barrid

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 05:31 PM »
>:(

Yes, I have contacted VIVA (Phone numbers are located at the bottom back of the DVD covers)regarding this matter.

They informed me that before they would release such films in video to the market it is being checked first by VRB (Video Regulatory Board).

So screw VRB, they better focused themselves in pirated VCDs rather than censoring Filipino Films >:(

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 05:47 PM »
Interesting!

I will agree with you on VRB's inconsistency. They let go on some and cut down the others. Hindi kaya mas malakas lang ang Regal kaya nakapasa ang mga unedited DVDs nila? ???

Hanga ako sa iyo. Talagang nag inquire ka sa Viva tungkol sa kapalpakan. At least, alam na natin kung sino ang pagbibintangan. >:( Kawawang Viva, nabawasan na naman ang customer nila. :'(

Offline ßartmaniac

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Don't have a cow, man!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 07:14 PM »
Is the term of VRB officials co-terminous to the term of a sitting President? Or, at the very least, are they expected to submit a voluntary resignation to a new president?  I'm just thinking aloud and wanted to understand why the inconsistency in policy.

Maybe we could look at these DVD as "Erap"-releases and post-Erap releases.  I'm just guessing here, guys.  But I remember that the MTRCB at the time of Erap are pretty "liberal" compared to the MTRCB now. I'm assuming that the uncut titles metioned were released (or passed for approval) during the time of Mr. Estrada.

Again, just my assumptions. :)

« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2002 at 05:14 AM by ßa®tmaniac »

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2002 at 07:47 PM »
just wondering. Censorship is with MTRCB. How in the world VRB came into censorship picture? Oh, I get it.  VRB regulates video release including censorship. Tama ba? ??? Masyado yatang malawak ang papel ng VRB ha. Kasi, pati yata ang mga pirated audio CD ay kasama sa agenda nila. Wala akong complain dun. But since, DVD is for private use. Censorship should be out of the picture. Or maybe, they can recommend releasing two version on a single disc, ala-Embrace of the vampire. puwede kaya yun?

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2002 at 10:53 PM »
They should have used the versetility of DVD technology. Make a censored and uncensored version of local movies.

The Moral Minority still lords over the masses assuming they dont know better.

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Feb 18, 2002 at 06:28 AM »
They should remaster the DVD to show the accepted version as the main feature and the steamy additional scenes are 'undocumented' easter eggs.  ;D ;D ;D

When VRB or MTRCB previews them, they should be silent about the easter eggs.  This way, when the disks are previewed, pasado kaagad, no questions asked!
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2003 at 12:46 AM by ßa®tmaniac »

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2003 at 06:57 AM »
I think this is good. I saw her boobies & they're scary!

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2003 at 07:05 AM »
Are most Viva DVDs censored? I want to know before rushing in to buy all the titles on my list. So far, Burlesk Queen Ngayon has been mentioned. Kabit ni Miss Montero nga pala was not edited.

Thanks!

Ewan ko ba pero basta Ina Raymundo, laging censored.  >:(

I bought both Burlesk Queen Ngayon and Tuhog VCDs and both are heavily censored.   :-[

Offline jaycat

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re:RIP-OFF DVD: Burlesk Queen Ngayon
« Reply #16 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 04:16 PM »
my TUHOG vcd seems to be the same as the film i saw when it was premiered at UP film center (no censorship)... i know the film was butchered when it had its commercial run at the theaters (the MTRCB permit contained a long list of deleted/shortened scenes).

as to BURLESK QUEEN NGAYON, the film was withdrawn while it was enjoying a robust theatrical run, after pressure from the guardians of our morality. siguro ang video release was based on the MTRCB-approved (edited) version... i bought a copy before, but returned it to the store citing faulty/misleading packaging (inconsistent running times).

would anyone know if the Viva-US release of BQN is the same as the edited local release? (somehow, i have the sneaky feeling that the US release might be the full version, but can't confirm this myself for now)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
Re:RIP-OFF DVD: Burlesk Queen Ngayon
« Reply #17 on: Mar 07, 2003 at 09:28 PM »
would anyone know if the Viva-US release of BQN is the same as the edited local release? (somehow, i have the sneaky feeling that the US release might be the full version, but can't confirm this myself for now)

Viva wont be doing separate production of the said DVD. I happen to saw a Filipino store selling Burlesk Queen and would you believe, same cover/casing.. so I guess the same.. I suggest never dealt with the same DVD unless VIVA can get this amrketing idea to have BURLESK QUEEN: Ngayon ( Non MTRCB Edition) LOLZ

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Sep 09, 2003 at 12:25 AM »
So,was only the bath tub scene cut.  How about the garden scene and one in a room in the billiard?

Viva Films which were badly Censored are as follows:
1. Laruan - Starring Carmi Martin (Note: this was not release yet on DVD only on VCD).But be forwarned
3. Unfaithful Wife2 - You will be disappointed that they cut the scene were Maureen Larazabal and R ???yan Eigenman are having fun in the bathroom (To bad - Do Not buy the DVD!!!)

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
PINOY DVD CENSORSHIP - As a consumer, I am very disappointed. Normally in US and other countries,DVD are meant to be the full unedited version or Unrated. To VRB - "Heads Up!!" better take this into consideration after what you have done heavily censoring "Burlesk Queen Ngayon" and "Unfaithful Wife 2" on DVD. VRB, you are so -INCONSISTENT- Why did you allow titles like Scorpion Nights2,Balahibong Pusa,Ekis,Biyaheng Langit,MadameX,Kabit ni Mrs Montero to be OK (To consumers: the six titles mentioned are worth buying!!)
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Sep 13, 2003 at 07:21 AM »
So,was only the bath tub scene cut.  How about the garden scene and one in a room in the billiard?

Garden Scene.. give them like 5 seconds

The Billiard ( Heck was that even included?)

;D

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Sep 13, 2003 at 08:38 AM »
Oh my God, its a complete loss.  But I have read in other forums that the US version is uncut?

;D
Begin 2 Imagine

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Sep 13, 2003 at 12:44 PM »
Oh my God, its a complete loss.  But I have read in other forums that the US version is uncut?

From my inquiries and to the extent of calling Viva itself .. so far there were no other versions released only this.

Can you further ellaborate what forums you read that?

Offline nailbiter

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 16, 2004 at 10:36 AM »
Was looking through Jeffrey Jeturian's IMDB page and this title was listed in his filmography. Does he really share director credits here with Jose Carreon? Or was he even actually involved in making this movie?

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Sep 06, 2005 at 07:26 PM »
So you think a heavily-censored DVD version of Burlesk Queen Ngayon was bad enough? Sa VHS format pa lang, chop-chop na! I bought a VHS copy of this movie a few years ago, for a dirt-cheap price. It was a waste of my money. Now the tape is just gathering dust...
Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 05:13 AM »

;D

Yung garden scene di man lang pinakita ang underwear.  Anong masagwa dun???

Billiard storage room, biglang cut nung pinakita ang Boobs.
Begin 2 Imagine

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 05:15 AM »
I think this is good. I saw her boobies & they're scary!

Sayang talaga yung mga scenes, binaboy lang ng Guardians of Morality.
Begin 2 Imagine

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 05:43 AM »
Di ba dapat kapag personal use na, hindi na dapat pinakikialaman ng ating mga Guardians?  >:(