Author Topic: Pinoy Films You'd Like To See on DVD  (Read 117654 times)

Offline marj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Films You'd Like To See on DVD
« Reply #270 on: May 17, 2008 at 09:22 AM »
cinema one originals are available on vcd. no dvds though/ 199pesos each for the vcd.

Regal Films has recently released some of the 2006 Cinema One Originals on DVD.  Now available are METLOGS, REKADOS, ROME & JULIET and SEROKS.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #271 on: May 17, 2008 at 10:25 AM »
Bongga ka Day!

Mario J. delos Reyes film (1980)

Cast:
Nora Aunor
Lloyd Samartino
Rolly Quizon
Chichay
Rez Cortez
Debraliz
Dexter Doria
Geleen Eugenio
Hotdog
Juan Rodrigo
Roi Vinzon
German Moreno (special participating role)

Wish: remastered in dts-es format, full HD resolution (sigurado talo Hairspray dito)

Offline chalkdust_

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 10:16 PM »
Lots of movies from my childhood like the John en Marsha movie, Dear Diary, Huwag Mong Buhayin ang Bangkay, Halimaw sa Banga, Pepe en Pilar (Maricel Soriano, Gabby Concepcion), 14 Going Steady (Janice de Belen), Tender Age (Nadia Montenegro), Tora Tora Tora Bang Bang Bang.

But then I also wish they'd release Itim and other Mike de Leon films on DVD. :(

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #273 on: Jun 05, 2008 at 11:34 PM »
Batch '81 (which I already own) and Bayaning Third World are both available on DVD.

John En Marsha - the TV series - is actually available on DVD. I believe it's the first CLASSIC Pinoy TV series made available on DVD.

I still haven't found Oro, Plata, Mata on DVD but I hear it's been released. I'm thinking of blind-buying it. How's the transfer to those of you who bought it? 

Offline wedge

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Scott me up, beamie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Jun 06, 2008 at 06:49 AM »
Celso Ad Castillo's Payaso with German Moreno. Surreal.

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Jul 20, 2008 at 10:17 PM »
1. KAMAGONG - LITO LAPID, RUEL VERNAL, MIA PRATTS, JC BONNIN
2. GOODAH! - TITO VIC AND JOEY 
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline rainmanred

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 12:52 PM »
I am currently in the process of digitally remastering my films BAYANI (1992) and SAKAY (1993). This is a a step towards awareness in the preservation and restoration of films that otherwise may be lost in deterioration through time. As far as I know, no Filipino film has been truly digitally remastered (not of course including recent digital films that have been blown-up onto 35mm film) as most old films are transferred onto video from aged positive prints. A special edition release of BAYANI is underway and is being digitally remastered via the facilities of IGNITE Media Inc. SAKAY on the other hand is being undertaken by UNICO Pictures/Unitel and has a targeted release in late 2008. I am also making efforts in getting my 1997 tv feature KAMADA with GMA7 rereleased on DVD by also digitally remastering it from the original 16mm negatives. Along with this, I am making efforts into compiling my old short films (super-8mm, 16mm) into a dvd package as well, and may include the 2000 Cannes Palme D'Or winner ANINO (35mm).
Do visit my website http://www.raymondred.com for info on my current projects, including a new feature film now in pre-production.
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2008 at 06:36 PM by rainmanred »

Offline dyerds

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 45
« Reply #277 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 05:50 PM »
Meron na bang nag-suggest ng Panday (FPJ)? This is a classic sci-fi film. They can also make a video game concept of this film.

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 07:45 PM »
Meron na bang nag-suggest ng Panday (FPJ)? This is a classic sci-fi film.

Possibly way back and in other threads related to the topic. Who wouldn't want the complete PANDAY on DVD? Tapos, in box-set packaging and not just 2-in-1 movies. :)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #279 on: Jul 29, 2008 at 11:02 PM »
I am currently in the process of digitally remastering my films BAYANI (1992) and SAKAY (1993). This is a a step towards awareness in the preservation and restoration of films that otherwise may be lost in deterioration through time. As far as I know, no Filipino film has been truly digitally remastered (not of course including recent digital films that have been blown-up onto 35mm film) as most old films are transferred onto video from aged positive prints. A special edition release of BAYANI is underway and is being digitally remastered via the facilities of IGNITE Media Inc. SAKAY on the other hand is being undertaken by UNICO Pictures/Unitel and has a targeted release in late 2008. I am also making efforts in getting my 1997 tv feature KAMADA with GMA7 rereleased on DVD by also digitally remastering it from the original 16mm negatives. Along with this, I am making efforts into compiling my old short films (super-8mm, 16mm) into a dvd package as well, and may include the 2000 Cannes Palme D'Or winner ANINO (35mm).
Do visit my website http://www.raymondred.com for info on my current projects, including a new feature film now in pre-production.

Thanks for the info. It's not everyday that an actual director promotes his own DVD releases on this site. :)

Offline rainmanred

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the info. It's not everyday that an actual director promotes his own DVD releases on this site. :)

Yup thanks, it really is a "guerilla" effort  ;)

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 08:39 PM »
I hope classic films from the 80s era such as Takaw Tukso, Private Show, Shake Rattle and Roll 1 should be released on DVD.

Offline chimpanshane

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • It's Casual
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Apr 25, 2009 at 09:02 PM »
Guys meron na bang "Working Boys" nina TVJ in DVD? im not updated in pinoy DVDs right now..

Hope pinoy films released a DVD of Gagay Prinsesa ng Brownout, Kalabog en Bosyo..

Offline fitz_gerald

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Apr 27, 2009 at 12:57 PM »
            KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP 3-DISC COLLECTOR'S EDITION. With original theatrical trailer, tv spots, Behind-the-scenes, Posters and still gallery, Deleted scenes with optional commentary, Vintage and new interviews with the stars Hilda Koronel, Christopher De Leon, Amy Austria, Eddie Garcia, Gloria Romero and many more, Exclusive interviews with Gilda Olvidado and Lualhati Bautista, Bloopers, Talent Bios, Exclusive interview with Director Laurice Guillen, Replica of original poster art, A reproduced excerpt of Kung Mahawi Man Ang Langit in comic format, Original storyboards and an Easter egg! Digitally Remastered / Widescreen Presentation. With numerous subtitles. DVD-ROM : Original Screenplay. Bonus disc of the original theme, with version of Dulce and Sharon Cuneta. In STEELCASE!

But, of course, this is just wishful thinking. I'll get by with an original dvd even if it's barebone only and with an original trailer.
  :)

I almost blame myself for not grabbing the lone VCD copy I saw in Astroplus MOA months back.... tsk tsk

Offline lee1009

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Apr 28, 2009 at 07:38 AM »
            KUNG MAHAWI MAN ANG ULAP 3-DISC COLLECTOR'S EDITION. With original theatrical trailer, tv spots, Behind-the-scenes, Posters and still gallery, Deleted scenes with optional commentary, Vintage and new interviews with the stars Hilda Koronel, Christopher De Leon, Amy Austria, Eddie Garcia, Gloria Romero and many more, Exclusive interviews with Gilda Olvidado and Lualhati Bautista, Bloopers, Talent Bios, Exclusive interview with Director Laurice Guillen, Replica of original poster art, A reproduced excerpt of Kung Mahawi Man Ang Langit in comic format, Original storyboards and an Easter egg! Digitally Remastered / Widescreen Presentation. With numerous subtitles. DVD-ROM : Original Screenplay. Bonus disc of the original theme, with version of Dulce and Sharon Cuneta. In STEELCASE!

But, of course, this is just wishful thinking. I'll get by with an original dvd even if it's barebone only and with an original trailer.
  :)

Recently GMA 7 created a sinenovela series of this and I must say this is one of the best that I have watched.

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #285 on: Apr 29, 2009 at 01:11 AM »
ALKITRANG DUGO starring Roderick Paulate
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline onthego

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: May 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM »
I'd love to see good, working DVDs of Halimaw sa Banga, Dear Diary Rene Requiestas movies, the John en Marsha movies (so far I've only seen the TV series in Astroplus), Pepe en Pilar, and Tender Age.

Lots of movies from the 80's and 90's. :D

My friends would love to see movies like Family Tree, Pik Pak Boom and Inday Bote on DVD.

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: May 20, 2009 at 04:12 PM »
I'd love to see good, working DVDs of Halimaw sa Banga, Dear Diary Rene Requiestas movies, the John en Marsha movies (so far I've only seen the TV series in Astroplus), Pepe en Pilar, and Tender Age.

Lots of movies from the 80's and 90's. :D

My friends would love to see movies like Family Tree, Pik Pak Boom and Inday Bote on DVD.

This John en Marsha film is only available online (Regal website)

http://www.regalfilms.com/newshop/Philippines-Filipino-Tagalog-DVD-Movies-JOHN%20EN%20MARSHA%20SA%20PROBINSYA-52664.html

Inday Bote

http://www.regalfilms.com/newshop/Philippines-Filipino-Tagalog-DVD-Movies-INDAY%20BOTE-52680.html

Offline marj

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 08:59 AM »
MARUJA  (1967)  --  Armando de Guzman
GUMISING KA, MARUJA  (1978)  --  Lino Brocka

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #289 on: Jul 01, 2010 at 12:02 AM »

idol Raymond Red???  :o
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline bot9999

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Nov 18, 2014 at 07:20 AM »
Looking for Maynila sa mga kuko ng Liwanag with english translation.

Offline jay john

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 54
« Reply #291 on: Nov 24, 2014 at 02:01 PM »
I know "Dahas" starring Maricel Soriano and Richard Gomez was released in DVD but I cannot find one. Anybody can point me to where I can buy one? Tnx..

Offline BuddyBoy60

• Apprentice
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Oct 18, 2017 at 06:36 PM »
My pick would be the restored version of Kasal? The directorial debut of Laurice Guillen. Gorgeous photography retains the memory of the old Manila from the past. This will serve as a document for the curious generations to come. And of course that intelligently interwoven love stories, well acted and still relevant commentary on the values of marriage.

What is/are yours?

MABUHAY!