Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 738968 times)

Offline gerardhamada

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2009 at 11:03 AM »
Yes its good na HD is around the corner but skycable is not helping promote it in anyway by having 500php and all the charges for 2 channels. All that will come out is we tried HD it was not really succesful here in the Philippine....duh its because you greedy people pegged unreasonably high for people to watch

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2009 at 11:32 AM »
SkyCable should offer an irresistable introduction promo e.g. the first 200 subsribers will only pay P1,000 installation fee (better still: installation fee is waived!!) & receive a 3-mth free rental, etc....you know, something that will make people jump into it....a sweet offer that we can't refuse... ;D

Hay...Very poor marketing indeed....  :P

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2009 at 02:08 PM »
Yes its good na HD is around the corner but skycable is not helping promote it in anyway by having 500php and all the charges for 2 channels. All that will come out is we tried HD it was not really succesful here in the Philippine....duh its because you greedy people pegged unreasonably high for people to watch

I think SKYCable should be hailed instead, for taking a risk loosing financially just to take the Philippines into the HD era.  If its cheap to go HD then how come no one else if doing it?  I'm sure if this takes off the rate will go down pa.

I would like to see others following SKY's lead on this, sana nga lang eh risk takers rin ang ibang companies.  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009 at 02:12 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2009 at 04:47 PM »
I heard there's one company following Skycable move in HD broadcast...it's the Cignal Satellite by PLDT..heard the HD transmission will be starting this midyear..(june)

Offline checkyoulater

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: May 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM »
I heard there's one company following Skycable move in HD broadcast...it's the Cignal Satellite by PLDT..heard the HD transmission will be starting this midyear..(june)

mmm..never heard of that company, but will definitely be looking out for that.

as far as hailing skycable, i too think they are definitely a step ahead of anyone as far as cable broadcasting, but i fear they aren't motivated by being pioneers here.  take the digibox for example, that imo was driven for a need to stop people from "stealing" from them via illegal connections.  the result for end users though is a somewhat clearer picture, although it kinda makes the tuner that comes with the TV useless :(

i'm still hopefull that they see more income in lowering their prices so that more people can actually enjoy HD programming.  after all most of the money spenders out there belong to a bracket that probably don't see the value in paying that much for 2 channels.

....hopefully the redo their market study and see that even the manufacturers of these high-end systems have made their products very reachable.  the best example i can think of is my own pv80, 2-3yrs ago nobody would believe that the prices of plasma TVs at 42" would have ever been so low, granted it is panasonic's so-called entry-level plasma. :)
42PV80 | WDTV | PCH A-110 |

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2009 at 05:00 PM »

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=71630.0

See Reply #32 on: May 09 :)

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2009 at 03:39 PM »
Given they're the first with the service in the country and a certain demographic can afford HDTVs and HD players P499 isn't that bad.

P499/month translates to around P8/day a channel.

A cup of rice costs more than P8.

Offline gerardhamada

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2009 at 11:33 PM »
Ill just wait for it to be affordable its just to pricy.

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2009 at 01:36 PM »
Just got my Skycable HD installed today. HD Box cost is at P5k (one-time) and P499 per month on top of your existing skycable monthly plan. PQ is ok, broadcasts are at 1080i... PQ wise, parang blu-ray/hd-dvd narin.. as of now, Discovery HD and History Channel HD palang..

Offline darth_rye

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2009 at 01:43 PM »
Just got my Skycable HD installed today. HD Box cost is at P5k (one-time) and P499 per month on top of your existing skycable monthly plan. PQ is ok, broadcasts are at 1080i... PQ wise, parang blu-ray/hd-dvd narin.. as of now, Discovery HD and History Channel HD palang..

Congrats on your new subcription!

BTW, is the HD box seperate from the sky digibox? TIA!

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:02 PM »
Thanks :)  Yes the HD Box is different from the sky digibox.. if you have an existing sky digibox, they will replace it with the HD Box.. then 2k or 3k n lng ang dadagdag mo instead of 5k.

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2570
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:03 PM »
Thanks :)  Yes the HD Box is different from the sky digibox.. if you have an existing sky digibox, they will replace it with the HD Box.. then 2k or 3k n lng ang dadagdag mo instead of 5k.

sir ano resolution ng other channels na hindi in hd? pareho lang ba sa meron digibox? tnx!
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline darth_rye

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2009 at 02:45 PM »

Sir how about the cable connection of the HD box to the TV set? The digibox have the standard composite cable for A/V and an S-video.

Does the HD box already have HDMI or Component cable? Thanks!

Offline demmet

• Collector
  • I follow the worldwide rule "Sharing is Caring"
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2009 at 10:05 PM »

P499 for 2 HD Channels...kinda expensive. :o..here its $79.99 100++ HD Channels + 20/5 fiber optic internet.hd  box comes free,after a year you only have to pay $10.00 a month  for the rent.well,its really hard to compare a box of apples to box of oranges...  its just me.  ;D

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2009 at 10:37 PM »
sir ano resolution ng other channels na hindi in hd? pareho lang ba sa meron digibox? tnx!

You can set the HD Box to output either at 480/720p/1080i, at default it's at 1080i.. gumanda ng konti non-hd channels ko, since i upgraded directly from a non digibox connection to the HD digital box.. (sabi ng installer ganun din daw pag nag upgrade to digibox).. MPEG2 H.264 yung mga HD channels, MPEG2 MPEG2 for the non-hd ones..

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2009 at 10:40 PM »
Sir how about the cable connection of the HD box to the TV set? The digibox have the standard composite cable for A/V and an S-video.

Does the HD box already have HDMI or Component cable? Thanks!

Yes the HD box both have a HDMI and a component video output.. it also has an optical out (for ac3 compatible channels)

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2009 at 06:21 PM »
Sir rexdc, can you post a picture of the HD box? front-view & back-view narin.

I'm very curious kasi eh thanks  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009 at 06:21 PM by juancho »

Offline rexdc

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2009 at 07:41 PM »
Sir rexdc, can you post a picture of the HD box? front-view & back-view narin.

I'm very curious kasi eh thanks  ;)

Eto itsura nya bro..

http://www.sat-receiver-world.com/producer/coship/coship-cdvb-8750.html

Offline juanch

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • What is your profession?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 44
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2009 at 11:23 PM »
Eto itsura nya bro..

http://www.sat-receiver-world.com/producer/coship/coship-cdvb-8750.html

whoa thanks!  ;)

It actually looks pretty slick! almost Apple like

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2009 at 12:00 AM »
thanks for sharing sir...

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2009 at 01:48 PM »
P499 for 2 HD Channels...kinda expensive. :o..here its $79.99 100++ HD Channels + 20/5 fiber optic internet.hd  box comes free,after a year you only have to pay $10.00 a month  for the rent.well,its really hard to compare a box of apples to box of oranges...  its just me.  ;D

Great deal!

Offline ricracer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jun 03, 2009 at 10:39 AM »
Wow, that's P4,750 per month if add HDBox rental and 12% Tax or P57,000 for 12 months.  Tuition fee na ng anak ko yon.  hehehe.

;)

Offline jeyps11_c

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • SARS!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #112 on: Jun 05, 2009 at 08:54 AM »
I read an article in The Philippine Star about their offer. Pero meron pa isang offer that includes 20 channels (I think) and even the NBA Finals in HD. If I remember correctly less than 1K, parang nasa 800 siya for the 20 channels.
Home is where the Theater is!
Pio AVS520K
Wharf 9.1 and WH2 Center
A-Audio FS
US Audio Sub
WDTV

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2570
« Reply #113 on: Jun 06, 2009 at 10:40 AM »
I read an article in The Philippine Star about their offer. Pero meron pa isang offer that includes 20 channels (I think) and even the NBA Finals in HD. If I remember correctly less than 1K, parang nasa 800 siya for the 20 channels.

kung ganyan kamura sigurado marami ang magsubscribe nito
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline radforce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jun 06, 2009 at 10:46 AM »

Thats Cignal Satellite cable HD(from PLDT) check other thread for more info.
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2009 at 10:52 AM by radforce »

Offline viper

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jun 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM »
I checked out the channel line up of Cignal and its main competition is Dream. By including additional HD channels on top of the SD offerings, this would surely lure Dream subs which lately are complaining of bad service.

Sky's HD offering on the other hand was priced to approximate that of Cignal's offer. Potential subs for Cignal or switchers from Sky must check out first the channel offerings of the two services before making their decision. The way I look at it, Sky would still have the upper hand considering the number of SD channels that they offer. On the other hand Cignal's target would be new subdivision that do not have sky cable facilities laid out in their poles, significantly eating up into Dream's market share.

Offline velodyne

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jul 05, 2009 at 09:48 PM »
skycable is offering a 15-day trial for qualified skycable customers for the 2 HD channels it includes the installation & use of the COSHIP HD BOX... we had our installed this morning.
kaya lang if your using splitters at home the signal is weaker so they need to layout a new cable line from outside your house direct to the tv that you want the HD BOX installed.
all for free atleast for 15 days. ;D

DISCOVERY HD is fantastic... lalo na yun HD EXPERIENCE PROGRAM nila.
HISTORY HD is a little bit boring so far except for the DA VINCI STORY. wanep :P
« Last Edit: Jul 05, 2009 at 10:02 PM by velodyne »

Offline wyattearp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 03:55 AM »
sa ngayonm ano mas prefer nyo sa 3 - Sky hd, cignal, o dream satellite?
balak ko kasi mag subscribe e'.

Offline Windrider

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 08:41 AM »
I had my Sky HD installed 2 weeks ago. And all I can say was Wow!!! The 2 HD channel is really clear!!! As in!!! The Only beef I have about it is that you have to pay 5k for the HD box as a deposit. It's just too pricey. It's a good thing I was on SKycable platinum, kaya 3k na lang daw kasi nag deposit na ako ng 2k dati for the platinum.

Offline velodyne

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 06, 2009 at 11:08 AM »
sa ngayonm ano mas prefer nyo sa 3 - Sky hd, cignal, o dream satellite?
balak ko kasi mag subscribe e'.

choose who offers more HD channel.
if you are a sky silver plan customer like me the additional 499/month for 2 HD channels is ok since nasama naman yun ibang sky platinum premiums like basketball tv (ch.149) sa subcription ng HD BOX so its like upgrading to sky platinum plan, also the installer told me that sky will add 1 more HD channel (ch.166 reserved HD) included in your 499/month subscription.

« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2009 at 11:25 AM by velodyne »