Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 740257 times)

Offline Grimlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • No Magic Mr Slinky!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #120 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 12:37 PM »
Hi velodyne, I'm a Cignal HD subs and also have History-HD, The shows that I enjoy in History-HD are Battle 360, Dogfights, Dinosaurs Secrets, Human Weapon, Ice Truckers, Ancient Discoveries, and the 2 hr specials like the da vinci story that you watched, Nostradamus 2012, etc.

skycable is offering a 15-day trial for qualified skycable customers for the 2 HD channels it includes the installation & use of the COSHIP HD BOX... we had our installed this morning.
kaya lang if your using splitters at home the signal is weaker so they need to layout a new cable line from outside your house direct to the tv that you want the HD BOX installed.
all for free atleast for 15 days. ;D

DISCOVERY HD is fantastic... lalo na yun HD EXPERIENCE PROGRAM nila.
HISTORY HD is a little bit boring so far except for the DA VINCI STORY. wanep :P

Offline ZOoom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 02:52 PM »
mga sirs, this maybe totally OT.. i just cant find the right thread for my inquiry.. anyway here it goes. hope you could help me. we just received a letter from sky cable regarding the digibox and im considering upgrading our subscription from gold to platinum(hbo pack). the problem is we have 7television sets in our house six of which are undeclared(sorry po ;D). i called and they said any additional tv daw po we will need to add 250php each. my questions and i really apologize for all of these:

-is it possible to split the signal to all of our other television sets without subscribing for an exta digibox like what we currently do?
-if yes, will it enjoy the same channells?

tyia

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 04:17 PM »
Steph, the answer is no you can't

That's one of the reason why SKYCable went digital to prevent pilferage, kaya nga may digibox eh para encrypted yung signal, without the digibox di ka makakanood sa ibang sets.  Pwede kung after the digibox ka mag splitter pero yung channels pare-pareho all the time, kung ano yung channel na nakatune in yung digibox.

Offline CeeV

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 143
« Reply #123 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 04:24 PM »
Add ko lang sa above poster...Provided also you have a multiple HDMI connectors and the very hard to find Long HDMI cable.

Offline velodyne

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Jul 07, 2009 at 07:27 PM »
Hi velodyne, I'm a Cignal HD subs and also have History-HD, The shows that I enjoy in History-HD are Battle 360, Dogfights, Dinosaurs Secrets, Human Weapon, Ice Truckers, Ancient Discoveries, and the 2 hr specials like the da vinci story that you watched, Nostradamus 2012, etc.

when was Nostradamus 2012 shown? sayang sana ipalabas ulit.
"the lost world" in discovery HD last night was great specially the unusual exotic animals they encountered like the goliath tarantula the biggest i've ever seen & also the cricket who can swim underwater...:o

Offline ZOoom

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 12:57 AM »
@Mr Big Boy

thanks sir. i kind of thought so too. i already availed of their bundled promo(platinum+broadband). the 6mbps ones para libre na yung cable except yung additional channels(hbo pak) and box units. it has voip na din. i did the math and figured it would more economical if id take the packaged promo. ipapa-putol ko na lang pldtdsl namin.hehe.. i ordered 5 digiboxes..ill talk to our maids na lang. wowowee lang naman din pinapanood nila so okay na siguro sa kanila wala nun. haha.. thanks again sir.

Offline Grimlock

• Collector
  • No Magic Mr Slinky!
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jul 08, 2009 at 08:11 AM »
pinalabas last June 29

when was Nostradamus 2012 shown? sayang sana ipalabas ulit.
"the lost world" in discovery HD last night was great specially the unusual exotic animals they encountered like the goliath tarantula the biggest i've ever seen & also the cricket who can swim underwater...:o

Offline darth_rye

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 01:38 PM »
skycable is offering a 15-day trial for qualified skycable customers for the 2 HD channels it includes the installation & use of the COSHIP HD BOX... we had our installed this morning.
kaya lang if your using splitters at home the signal is weaker so they need to layout a new cable line from outside your house direct to the tv that you want the HD BOX installed.
all for free atleast for 15 days. ;D

DISCOVERY HD is fantastic... lalo na yun HD EXPERIENCE PROGRAM nila.
HISTORY HD is a little bit boring so far except for the DA VINCI STORY. wanep :P

Sir, para ba itong free trial din ng skybroadband nila? unfortunately my place (Juan luna, Tondo) is not yet prime for skyinternet but are already HD capable area. Will call to see if i can avail of their free HD trial.

Offline yaripon

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
UAAP in HD
« Reply #128 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 04:53 PM »
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/07/09/09/uaap-season-72-opens-historic-style

UAAP season 72 opens in historic style--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 07/09/2009 12:20 PM

MANILA – Collegiate athletes and their supporters are in for a historic opening of the 72nd season of the University Athletics Association of the Philippines (UAAP) on Saturday.

Host Far Eastern University (FEU) is set to thrill audiences with the 1 p.m. opening ceremony program at the Araneta Coliseum in Cubao, Quezon City. This will be followed by games featuring the University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers vs. Adamson University Falcons at 2 p.m., and De La Salle Green Archers vs. University of the East Red Warriors at 4 p.m.

As for those who will not be able to watch the UAAP season 72 opening live, they are still in for a one-of-a-kind viewing experience. 

ABS-CBN Sports vice-president Peter Musngi said Saturday’s UAAP telecast is the “first program on high definition (HD),” making it a “historic first for Philippine television.”

It is expected that covering and transmitting the UAAP in full HD will enhance the viewing experience as the pictures are more alive and crisp.

Viewers would need an HD box to get a hold of the UAAP “HD experience,” dubbed as the “second best thing to being there.”

Musngi, meantime, said that those without an HD box who would watch the UAAP on standard definition (on ABS-CBN’s Studio 23 and Balls Channel) will still have an improved viewing experience.

“Mas malutong ang kulay, mas makikita ang fouls,” assured Musngi.

When asked by the press how much ABS-CBN spent on HD technology, Musngi admitted that it was indeed an investment, refusing to reveal the exact amount of money used. “I can only tell you that the UAAP is worth it.”

Contract concerns

It has been nine years since the UAAP and ABS-CBN Sports forged a partnership. Musngi noted that 2009 is the last year between UAAP and ABS-CBN Sports.

“Negotiations are moving rather well,” he told ABS-CBN News, pertaining to talks of a contract renewal.

“Both sides are working together for an early resolution,” he added.

Musngi also cited ABS-CBN Sports’ efforts to promote other UAAP sports apart from basketball. He, however, mentioned the “sheer impossibility” of giving airtime to all sports.

“Every season, we develop at least two other sports,” he said. He mentioned that women’s volleyball is gaining ground.

He explained that giving focus on basketball does not mean they are sacrificing other sports for basketball. Though he stressed, “It’s still basketball.”

as of 07/09/2009 12:29 PM

Offline velodyne

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: UAAP in HD
« Reply #129 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 07:53 PM »
SKYCABLE HD subs can watch the UAAP opening games on ch.166 on your hd box... i was also told that all UAAP regular games will also be available in HD.
finally sports in HD in the philippines :D 

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #130 on: Jul 09, 2009 at 09:50 PM »
NICE! AFAIK, ABS has been gearing up for this to happen slowly but surely hehehehe I'm expecting the mother station will go on HD soon! :)...ASF dancers in 720p :o ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 09, 2009 at 09:51 PM by edboy7 »

Offline rockster

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 04:41 PM »
any feedback on the HD UAAP games over the weekend?  and how much did you have to pay extra?  thanks!

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #132 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 04:44 PM »
any feedback on the HD UAAP games over the weekend?  and how much did you have to pay extra?  thanks!

i tried watching this from my cousin's house, napansin ko lang ung uaap parang medyo slo mo ang action
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline rockster

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
i tried watching this from my cousin's house, napansin ko lang ung uaap parang medyo slo mo ang action

i guess there are still kinks in the broadcast if that's the case.  would have been more compelling had they made sure it was working well.   :(

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #134 on: Jul 13, 2009 at 06:33 PM »
Maybe they're that slow? ;)

Offline tetablanco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #135 on: Jul 14, 2009 at 08:03 AM »
My Sky HD signals look great.  I just noticed that there is a slight judder during sweeping pan shots of highly-detailed HD landscapes.  Otherwise, the images (especially close-ups) were crystal clear and 3D-like.  As for the UAAP broadcasts, the judder problem is more pronounced but there was a drastic improvement after we ran our set-top box continuously for a couple of days (we don't shut off the set-top box - just the TV).  I'm guessing that a firmware upgrade for the set-top box would solve these minor irritants.

;D   

Offline tetablanco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #136 on: Jul 14, 2009 at 08:07 AM »
Yes its good na HD is around the corner but skycable is not helping promote it in anyway by having 500php and all the charges for 2 channels. All that will come out is we tried HD it was not really succesful here in the Philippine....duh its because you greedy people pegged unreasonably high for people to watch

The additional P499 you pay for HD broadcasts include 3 HD channels (History HD, Discovery HD, and Balls HD for UAAP broadcasts) plus, I think, around 5 new SD channels (History, FX, etc.).  While my SkyDigital channels only reached up to around channel 142, my upgrade increased it to channel 164 (?) with some extra SD channels thrown in.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 at 08:07 AM by tetablanco »

Offline velodyne

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jul 14, 2009 at 11:05 AM »
balls HD also broadcast the NCAA games live yesterday.
that means balls HD will have live broadcast everyday starting 2pm except tuesdays dahil walang UAAP & NCAA games. baka replays ang ipalabas.
i wonder what balls HD will feature after the UAAP & NCAA season is over. maybe UFC in HD?

« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 at 11:06 AM by velodyne »

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jul 15, 2009 at 10:55 AM »
balls HD also broadcast the NCAA games live yesterday.
that means balls HD will have live broadcast everyday starting 2pm except tuesdays dahil walang UAAP & NCAA games. baka replays ang ipalabas.
i wonder what balls HD will feature after the UAAP & NCAA season is over. maybe UFC in HD?

if that's the case well i'll probably avail now the Sky Cable HD...

Offline andre

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #139 on: Jul 15, 2009 at 04:05 PM »
Question to those who have the HD Box.
Does my existing cable wires inside the house compatible? Im currently using the ordinary skycable box to watch cable tv.
My cable wires are all line inside the wall thru a PVC pipe and cannot be change.
What about the Cignal HD? do they used existing wires? or install new ones? That would be unsightly if they used new wires going thru inside the house.

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jul 15, 2009 at 06:42 PM »
yung nagtanong po ako, yung existing cable po yung gagamitin, ang papalitan lang po is yung digi-box

Offline timtim15

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #141 on: Jul 23, 2009 at 06:40 PM »
is SkyCable HD available in Antipolo?

Offline dvd_fan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 27, 2009 at 03:58 PM »
Question to those who have subscribed to SkyHD: are you getting AC-3/DD signal?  Am getting only stereo audio from Discovery HD and History HD...

Offline dr_dohh

• Collector
  • you're in deep dohh now...
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jul 28, 2009 at 04:50 PM »
Hey guys just got skycable HD. My audio signal is also stereo. UAAP games, di naman slo mo all the time. i just noticed that when you change it to that particular channel (balls HD), initially it slows down for a couple of seconds, mga less than 10, then normal speed na ulit. di naman bothersome para sa akin. kasi when you ab it with the really bad signal of studio 23, halata. For the UAAP games, I also noticed na wala na ang mga advertising. no more logos, so you just get the signal. also no time outs and commercial breaks. so pag may "extra-curricular activities" during commercial, kitang kita ang action.  ;D

whats more bothersome is the lack of HD content. sobrang boring nung programs IMHO. But, for some reason I also get BTV signal, among the other channels mentioned on the previous posts. so that more than makes up for the lack of content.

Offline killer_smile3

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • PS3 & Xbox360 Fanatic
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jul 30, 2009 at 10:58 PM »
what is BTV? Have tried to compare the quality to Cignal HD?

Offline macx

• Collector
  • Hakuna Matata!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 06:08 PM »
With regards to firmware updates, I think the digibox has the capability to download the updates if the cable operator allows it. This was the case with some cable operators abroad for tweaks and improvements.

Offline berdilot™

• Trade Count: (+135)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Aug 05, 2009 at 12:03 AM »
i hope skycable provides us hd services like the ones in canada. ;D

Offline DViant

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HDMI ver 2.1
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #147 on: Jan 16, 2010 at 02:37 PM »
it has been almost a year since hd arrived to cable and satellite. So which service is better and which service offers the most programmng? Are they streaming in 720p 1080i or 1080p? How is tHe bitrate? Dolby, dts, stereo or mono?

Offline velodyne

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 09:23 AM »
skycable has added another HD channel in HBO-HD ch.166.
what will happen to BALLS-HD?

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2010 at 09:48 AM by velodyne »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jul 24, 2010 at 07:28 PM »
7 Channels na pala ang HD ng SKY.  Real HD ito hindi tulad ng sa Cignal na upscaled lang yung iba.  Nakikita ko dun sa Digibox ko yung mga HD Channels assignment as follows.

164 - Discovery HD
165 - History Channel HD
166 - HBO HD
167 - Balls HD
168 - Reserve HD
169 - Fox Crime HD
170 - Star Movies HD
171 - Nat Geo HD
172 - Reserve HD

Kung may taga SKY dito, may tanong lang ako kung additional 750 pa rin ba yung subsciption fee for HD package on top of the regular fee for SKY gold?  Saka kung may tie-in period ba ito ng morethan 1 year.  
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2010 at 07:35 PM by Mr. Big Boy »