Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 740487 times)

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 600
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #150 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 11:29 AM »
Hanggang 166 pa din sa channel listing ng box ko. 3 HD channels lang accessible for me (Discovery HD, History HD and Balls HD).

Sa website nila tatlo pa din eh.

May test broadcast kaya that time?
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM by Stagea »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 02:06 PM »
Saan lugar ka ba? Kasi dito ako sa QC.  The Channel list for HD dun sa DigiBox ko parang permanent na yung mga 7 HD Channels + 2 Reserve Channels for HD so di ko alam kung Test Broadcast yun.  Pero andun sila one week na.  Hindi ko lang alam kung may additional fee ang SKY dahil dumami na yung HD Channels nila 7 na sa last count ko nga.  Ito nga yun channel assignments for HD.

164 - Discovery HD
165 - History Channel HD
166 - HBO HD
167 - Balls HD
168 - Reserve HD
169 - Fox Crime HD
170 - Star Movies HD
171 - Nat Geo HD
172 - Reserve HD

I will try to take a picture post ko dito bukas.  :)
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010 at 02:26 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Jul 25, 2010 at 02:24 PM »
Share ko lang itong article from Azrael's Merryland Blog (click the name of the Blog for the link).  As you can see from SKY's flyers below nandun na yung additional HD Channels.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TECH: SKYCABLE HDTV REVOLUTIONIZES CABLE TV VIEWING
(FIFA, UAAP and NCCA in HDtv)

Friday, July 09, 2010
Posted by Azrael Coladilla

SkyCable just got in time in the HD revolution and they now offer the SkyCable HD subscription to all tv and cable fans, and thanks to that HD decoder box that uses to decrupt SkyCable HD signal to your HD TV. I experienced a viewing party in a bar in Makati and we watch the FIFA World Cup Matches using the SkyCable HD and a samsung LED TV. It was bright, smooth and looks like that I'm watching the football match in a window. Although the feed sometimes got broken but everything is smooth and we expect delays everytime in cable tv, because the event is streamed live and the live feed causes the delays and pixelation, but over all, the HD broadcast is great! I even took some photos and feels like that I'm in the front seat. (more below)

HD broadcast and progamming is now in the Philippine market, and we have lots of channels and HD broadcast that can be be viewed in full HD, all you need is the SkyCable HD box and a LED or HD TV (Samsung was recommended to use here) And I heard that last September 2008, they tested and HDTV was presented the Ryder Cup Golf Tournament via SkyCable. Sky Cable HD one month subscription will be given if you purchase a Samsung LED or HD TV.

And the big news is that the 73rd season of the UAAP and 86th season of NCAA will be brought via the vivid colors, crisp and HIGH DEFINITION in SkyCable HDtv. Balls HD channel 67 will be the main arena for all sports action in full HD glory, and the first fight will start on July 10, 2010 for the DLSU vs. UP match in UAAP. Don't also forget that the 2010 World Cup is also in HDtc.

For more information, please call the Customer Service Hotline at 631-0000 or send a text message to (0917) 631-0000 and (0918) 863-1000. You may also log on to www.skycable.com.
« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2010 at 02:36 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 03:56 AM »
Saan lugar ka ba? Kasi dito ako sa QC.  The Channel list for HD dun sa DigiBox ko parang permanent na yung mga 7 HD Channels + 2 Reserve Channels for HD so di ko alam kung Test Broadcast yun.  Pero andun sila one week na.  Hindi ko lang alam kung may additional fee ang SKY dahil dumami na yung HD Channels nila 7 na sa last count ko nga.  Ito nga yun channel assignments for HD.

164 - Discovery HD
165 - History Channel HD
166 - HBO HD
167 - Balls HD
168 - Reserve HD
169 - Fox Crime HD
170 - Star Movies HD
171 - Nat Geo HD
172 - Reserve HD

I will try to take a picture post ko dito bukas.  :)

QC din ako. Actually ang HD assignments sakin are:
164 - Discovery HD
165 - History HD
166 - Balls HD in listing (HBO programming)

It seems like my box needs updating. I've been an HD subscriber since they started offering it early last year.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 at 03:57 AM by Stagea »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 04:39 AM »
I just called Sky, and they told me that Balls HD (167) would be for Pay Per View.

Channels 168 to 172 are yet to be functional, and that a separate subscription is needed to access those channels. I asked if they have a price for these added channels, and I was advised that there is still no pricing info.
« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2010 at 05:01 AM by Stagea »

Offline jason13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 09:49 AM »
Naunahan na pala ako,  :D

The new channels FoxCrime HD, Star Movies HD and Nat Geo HD will be added on August 1.
It will have a subscription fee of 299 for all 3 HD channels. This is aside from the 499 pesos fee for Discovery HD, History HD, HBO HD and Balls HD.

So, to sum up the HD subscription fee, that would be 499+299 = 798 pesos for all the HD channels.

Source: SkyCable Call Center

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 09:52 AM »
QC din ako. Actually ang HD assignments sakin are:
164 - Discovery HD
165 - History HD
166 - Balls HD in listing (HBO programming)

It seems like my box needs updating. I've been an HD subscriber since they started offering it early last year.

Yep, you need to update or reset your Digibox. You can do it yourself or call Sky.
After the reset, Balls HD will be HBO HD and the 5 HD channels, 3 new ones and 2 reserved channels will show up as well.  :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM »
Yep, you need to update or reset your Digibox. You can do it yourself or call Sky.
After the reset, Balls HD will be HBO HD and the 5 HD channels, 3 new ones and 2 reserved channels will show up as well.  :)

Thanks Jason.

Would you happen to know the procedure for the reset (standard white Coship box)? I spoke with two people last night, and neither was completely helpful (aside from telling me that the other channels are yet to be available).

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 03:24 PM »
Ok na, I figured it out.  :D

Thanks!

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Jul 26, 2010 at 09:56 PM »
Ok na, I figured it out.  :D

Thanks!

Well, I wasn't really able to help you out that much, I was sleeping earlier and I wasn't able to reply right away but good job to you! I believe the box isn't really that difficult to configure.  :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 02:29 AM »
Well, I wasn't really able to help you out that much, I was sleeping earlier and I wasn't able to reply right away but good job to you! I believe the box isn't really that difficult to configure.  :)

Yup, it was quite simple after I figured out the menu password. LOL.

You did help me with pricing though, as I was told that there was no pricing yet for those additional channels. I will subscribe to these channels in advance. :)

I wish they gave these channels for free to HD subscribers though. :D 3 measly channels per step up is not enough.

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 03:04 AM »
Yup, it was quite simple after I figured out the menu password. LOL.

You did help me with pricing though, as I was told that there was no pricing yet for those additional channels. I will subscribe to these channels in advance. :)

I wish they gave these channels for free to HD subscribers though. :D 3 measly channels per step up is not enough.

Hopefully they give it out for free, again, hopefully...since their competitor, Cignal Satellite TV might add Discovery HD and ESPN HD this coming August as well, I think. :D

They told you that there is no pricing yet but when I called Sky, they told me its 299 in addition to 499.
It seems some Skycable phone reps or maybe most of them are not aligned or calibrated with the information about their services and/or product which I really don't like. Although it's not August 1 yet, maybe by then we will know if it's free or not.

Offline Blu-devil

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • DVD Addict
  • The Bible, The Worlds Most Famous Work of Fiction
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #162 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 11:40 AM »
Question is do you still have to suffer all those hideous hi-jacked adverts such as American Express air miles, curtains and trims etc? I'm so pissed off with those hi-jack ads that I am dropping sky digital next week. They are constantly cutting in on the programming.
Denon AVR-4400H: Denon PMA520AE: DMP-UB400: Epson EH-TW9400: Jamo 7.1.4 Atmos Speakers: 135” screen

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:18 PM »
Question is do you still have to suffer all those hideous hi-jacked adverts such as American Express air miles, curtains and trims etc? I'm so pissed off with those hi-jack ads that I am dropping sky digital next week. They are constantly cutting in on the programming.

The ads are only applied on the SD channels. Unless of course you're talking about Sky Cable in the UK (different company).
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 at 04:19 PM by Stagea »

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 02:18 PM »
Naunahan na pala ako,  :D

The new channels FoxCrime HD, Star Movies HD and Nat Geo HD will be added on August 1.
It will have a subscription fee of 299 for all 3 HD channels. This is aside from the 499 pesos fee for Discovery HD, History HD, HBO HD and Balls HD.

So, to sum up the HD subscription fee, that would be 499+299 = 798 pesos for all the HD channels.

Source: SkyCable Call Center

798 lang sa 7 True HD Channels?  Not bad at all affordable na yung 7 HD Channels. Para ka ng nanonood ng Blu-ray movies araw araw and for that price compare kung bibili ka ng BD's eh mura talaga, tapos may mga great documentaries pa from Discovery HD, History Channel HD at NatGeo HD pa!

Yung Balls HD diba free yan hanggang ngayon, I mean kasama na siya sa HD package?

Yung mga HD Channels ba ng SKY walang logo like dun sa Cignal na may mga logo ng Cignal yung mga HD channels nila?  Ang pangit kasi na ganun. 

Sana SKY could carry the GEMTV HD Broadcast na rin, para hindi na kailangan bumili ng ISDB STB to get their HD Signal, nakita ko kasi sa Trinoma na merong HD Broadcast na terrestial ang GEMTV sa display ng Devant LED HDTV na may built-in na ISDB Tuner.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2010 at 02:25 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #165 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 02:23 PM »
798 lang sa 7 True HD Channels?  Not bad affordable, para ka ng nanonood ng Blu-ray araw araw tapos may mga great documentaries pa from Dicovery, History at NatGeo.

Yung Balls HD diba free yan hanggang ngayon, I mean kasama na siya sa HD package?

there's nothing free sa mga binibili nating services and goods bro ;D
laging incorporated na yung so called "freebies" sa billing mo :D

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
there's nothing free sa mga binibili nating services and goods bro ;D
laging incorporated na yung so called "freebies" sa billing mo :D

What I meant was kung no additional costs o kasama na sa package, kaya nga kinorrect ko eh.  ;D

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Jul 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM »
What I meant was kung no additional costs o kasama na sa package, kaya nga kinorrect ko eh.  ;D

Balls HD is already in the 499 HD Package. The package that has Discovery, History and HBO HD.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 03:31 AM »
Balls HD is already in the 499 HD Package. The package that has Discovery, History and HBO HD.

Balls HD was free. It no longer is apparently, since they replaced it with HBO HD. Balls HD is now a pay channel (it's also not included in the 299 additional).

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Jul 29, 2010 at 09:31 AM »
Balls HD was free. It no longer is apparently, since they replaced it with HBO HD. Balls HD is now a pay channel (it's also not included in the 299 additional).

Oh really, didn't know that, hmmmm...

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Aug 06, 2010 at 10:02 AM »
Just found out that you can subscribe to both HD Packages for P750 per month and Balls HD is a PPV channel costing P1500 for every sports event.

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2010 at 10:19 AM by jason13 »

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Aug 12, 2010 at 12:48 PM »
question sa mga subscribers po... do sky cable offers the UFC event in HD or in SD... usually kasi sa regular cable box SD, syempre yung broadcast, i was wondering if their doing it for the HD box... thanks

Offline rickmor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Aug 13, 2010 at 01:42 PM »
Will the HD box upscale the standard def channels? Is it better to use the HD box over the regular digibox when watching SD channels?

When do you think skycable broadcast in native 16:9 format. Watching regular cable really sucks on an lcd compared to a crt tv.

Offline Jncruz2000

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Rock On!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Aug 13, 2010 at 01:55 PM »
wala parin to sa cainta area  :(
Did i annoy you...

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Aug 13, 2010 at 03:14 PM »
Will the HD box upscale the standard def channels? Is it better to use the HD box over the regular digibox when watching SD channels?

When do you think skycable broadcast in native 16:9 format. Watching regular cable really sucks on an lcd compared to a crt tv.

It will output the SD channels in 1080i, but the built-in scaler is quite poor. The highly compressed signal just looks bad when viewed in a big TV. Parang thumbnail na inexpand sa dami ng artifacts hahaha.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Aug 16, 2010 at 01:08 PM »
I have both packages now.

So far, Fox Crime HD and Star Movies HD are not as good as the other channels in terms of PQ. A lot of the material happen to be merely HD-enhanced SD programming (just like HBO HD in the past). Even their HD programs don't have the detail or sharpness of Nat Geo HD, for example (higher compression perhaps?).
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2010 at 01:48 PM by Stagea »

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 12:05 AM »
I have both packages now.

So far, Fox Crime HD and Star Movies HD are not as good as the other channels in terms of PQ. A lot of the material happen to be merely HD-enhanced SD programming (just like HBO HD in the past). Even their HD programs don't have the detail or sharpness of Nat Geo HD, for example (higher compression perhaps?).

Aside from the HD package, what SkyCable SD package do you currently have?

Offline Grendaizer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 01:36 AM »
Is it possible to record to a DVR the HD feeds that pass through the HD digibox? I was going to buy a Pioneer DVR about a year ago (P24k w/ 80GB drive I think) but was told by the salesman that it wouldn't accept feeds from a skycable digibox.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 04:06 AM »
Is it possible to record to a DVR the HD feeds that pass through the HD digibox? I was going to buy a Pioneer DVR about a year ago (P24k w/ 80GB drive I think) but was told by the salesman that it wouldn't accept feeds from a skycable digibox.

You might need to use a PVR with a HD-capable component input, because the HDMI output probably employs HDCP. Hauppage sells a PVR with this feature (Gefen stopped selling theirs).

Of course you can also use a PC-based system with HD component inputs.

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Aug 17, 2010 at 04:08 AM »
Aside from the HD package, what SkyCable SD package do you currently have?

SkyCable Gold with no fancy add-ons. :)