Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 740317 times)

Offline markuzbrutuz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #300 on: Dec 22, 2010 at 02:18 PM »
Do you think the PVR can only record the HD channels or pati SD?
From the youtube demo, parang puro HD lang yata...

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 600
« Reply #301 on: Dec 27, 2010 at 02:59 PM »
I really want the PVR as well, although I heard it may cost around 10k+ to obtain one, you can get it through a lease option though, which means, a rental fee for the PVR will be added on your bill.

Pwede kaya itrade yung existing HD Digibox? Hehehehe. That's 5k less din if ever. :D

Offline krazy

• Collector
  • The future is Blu;-)
  • Liked:
« Reply #302 on: Dec 28, 2010 at 01:56 AM »
Do you think the PVR can only record the HD channels or pati SD?
From the youtube demo, parang puro HD lang yata...

The PVR should be able to record SD channels as well as HD ones.  Sky would be crazy to release a PVR that could only record the 9 or so HD channels :D

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #303 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 09:23 PM »

Offline Don_Camote

• Collector
  • Have a good one!
  • Liked:
« Reply #304 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 04:04 PM »
SkyCable's PVR Service

Read more here:

http://www.techie.com.ph/news/skycable-outing-tivo-like-pvr-service-early-2011

Cool!  I've been waiting for something like this.  I wonder if it can receive, store and play HD videos from external sources too (Camera, USB devices, etc).

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #305 on: Jan 14, 2011 at 08:41 PM »
Good news! Starting Jan. 20, 2011, subscribers will have another BIG reason to avail of SkyCable HD - The SkyCable HD 899 New Year Power Pack!   

Save up to P249/month when you avail of SKYCABLE HD’s entire line-up of full high-definition channels. Pay only P899 monthly for all eight (8) HD channels - HBO HD, Star Movies HD, NBA Premium TV, ESPN HD, NatGeo HD, History HD, Discovery HD, FoxCrime HD.

Mechanics:

1. The SkyCable HD New Year 899 Power Pack is open to all new and existing SKYCABLE postpaid subscribers residing in Metro Manila; particularly in Las Pinas, Makati, Manila, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Quezon City, Pasig, Pasay, Paranaque and San Juan.

2. The SKYCABLE HD New Year Promo Pack includes Discovery HD World, HISTORY HD, HBO HD, Star Movies HD, FoxCrime HD, National Geographic HD, and NBA Premium TV. The Promo from January 20 to March 31, 2011 is only at P899/month. Save P249/month!

3.  The SKYCABLE HD New Year Promo Pack is available only within the promo period - Jan. 20 to Mar. 31, 2011.

4.  After subscribing to the promo pack, the promo rate of P899/mo shall apply for one year from date of subscription.  A lock-in period of one year will apply.  If the subscriber chooses to unsubscribe to the promo HD pack or terminate his SkyCable account within the one year lock-in period, the subscriber will be charged the balance of his lock-in period to the promo HD pack.

5.  After the one year duration of the promo HD pack, the MSF will revert to its original price of P1,148 (or applicable price in case of any price adjustments).

6.   Standard policies and procedures for new installs will apply.

7.   The SkyCable HD 899 New Year Power Pack cannot be availed of by 280 subscribers as there is no HBO in the basic 280 package.

Source: http://lopezlink.ph/promos-and-offers/1547-skycable-hd-899-new-year-powerpack-promo
« Last Edit: Jan 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM by jason13 »

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #306 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 04:49 AM »
sayang wala nito s DAVAO. s cebu meron n ba SKY HD?

Offline velodyne

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #307 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 07:49 PM »
any SKY GOLD subscribers who were able to watch the NFL games LIVE this morning in ASN (all sports network)?

just wondering if ASN is available to GOLD subscribers for FREE...  :) 

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #308 on: Jan 24, 2011 at 08:38 PM »
any SKY GOLD subscribers who were able to watch the NFL games LIVE this morning in ASN (all sports network)?

just wondering if ASN is available to GOLD subscribers for FREE...  :) 

What's the channel number of ASN? I'm a Gold subscriber but never seen that channel unless I've skipped it.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline velodyne

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #309 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 06:42 AM »
What's the channel number of ASN? I'm a Gold subscriber but never seen that channel unless I've skipped it.

ch. 69... inquired to sky last night they said ASN is a separate subscription if you're gold subscriber.
additional php150 monthly just for ASN... how come i have it for FREE???
ganda naman ng timing kung promotional gimmick nila ito... napanood ko live ang NFC/AFC championship games kahapon.. wish ko lang sana umabot until feb.6 ang promo para sa superbowl!!!

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 787
« Reply #310 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 06:55 AM »
ch. 69... inquired to sky last night they said ASN is a separate subscription if you're gold subscriber.
additional php150 monthly just for ASN... how come i have it for FREE???
ganda naman ng timing kung promotional gimmick nila ito... napanood ko live ang NFC/AFC championship games kahapon.. wish ko lang sana umabot until feb.6 ang promo para sa superbowl!!!

Lucky you, it's scrambled on my end.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #311 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 07:25 AM »
ASN is currently on preview for free on SkyCable's Platinum Preview channel 60 until Jan. 31. You need the Digibox to be able to view it.

ASN is only available as an ala-carte/add-on channel. You can subscribe and add it to any SkyCable package.
It has a lock-in period of 1 month though. You can avail it now just in time before the SuperBowl.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2011 at 07:28 AM by jason13 »

Offline batanglambak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #312 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 08:41 PM »
any new HD channels coming? ::)
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #313 on: Jan 25, 2011 at 08:55 PM »

MECHANICS:

1. Open to all existing SKYCABLE postpaid subscribers residing in Metro Manila (Las Pinas, Makati, Manila, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Quezon City, Pasig, Paranaque and San Juan). Subscribe to ASN from January 16 - 31 , 2011 and get a chance to win 1 of 5 ASN gift packs (containing 1 NFL Jersey and 1 ASN USB memory key)

2. Subscription to ASN entitles subscriber to 1 electronic raffle entry.

3. A subscriber can only win once and account must be active and current at the time of the draw to qualify.

4. Deadline for submission (subscription to ASN) is January 31, 2011, 12MN

5. Raffle draw will be on February 7, 2011 in the presence of SKYCABLE and DTI representatives at the SKYCABLE main office, 33rd Floor, East Tower, PSEC, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City

6. Winner will be notified via telephone calls and registered mail. Account must be active and current upon redemption to claim prize

7. To claim prizes, winners must present their latest SKYCABLE bill, registered mail and valid ID (eg, company ID, SSS, etc) at the SKYCABLE main office, 33rd Floor, East Tower, PSEC, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Mondays to Fridays, 9am to 5pm

8. Unclaimed prizes 60 days from receipt of mail will be forfeited in favor of SKYCABLE Corporation with prior approval from DTI. Prizes are non-transferable and non-convertible to cash.

9. All employees of SKYCABLE Corporation including relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity and affinity are disqualified from joining this promo.

Per DTI-NCR Permit No 0513, series of 2011.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2011 at 08:56 PM by jason13 »

Offline Grendaizer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #314 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM »
Any news on the PVR?

Offline jason13

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #315 on: Jan 29, 2011 at 12:39 PM »
Any news on the PVR?

Wait for the details this coming February.

Offline danpaulxxx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #316 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
Gusto ko sanang magtanong kung paano itong hdbox na to.
Ano na yung magiging mga channels mo kapag may hdbox ka na? puro hd channels lang ba like nba premium, hbo hd? or may kasama na rin ung hd box na channels na pinapanuod ko sa skycacble 280 ko. It means that add - on lang ung hd channels? tapos magiging mas malinaw ba ung non hd channels? Please answer my questions. THANKS!  ;D

Offline batanglambak

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #317 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 05:51 AM »
Gusto ko sanang magtanong kung paano itong hdbox na to.
Ano na yung magiging mga channels mo kapag may hdbox ka na? puro hd channels lang ba like nba premium, hbo hd? or may kasama na rin ung hd box na channels na pinapanuod ko sa skycacble 280 ko. It means that add - on lang ung hd channels? tapos magiging mas malinaw ba ung non hd channels? Please answer my questions. THANKS!  ;D
hd channels plus sd channels ... lilinaw ng konti kase magiging upscaled to 1080i/720p ang video ... :)
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline danpaulxxx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #318 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 03:01 PM »
Ah. Okay. Salamat!  8). Last question, pag ikakabit ba to mayroon pang satellite na ilalagay sa bahay mo tulad ng Cignal? or wala na? Pwede ba to sa standard tv? pero im planning to buy a sony bravia. Thanks! ;D

Offline krazy

• Collector
  • The future is Blu;-)
  • Liked:
« Reply #319 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 09:33 PM »
Ah. Okay. Salamat!  8). Last question, pag ikakabit ba to mayroon pang satellite na ilalagay sa bahay mo tulad ng Cignal? or wala na? Pwede ba to sa standard tv? pero im planning to buy a sony bravia. Thanks! ;D

Sky Cable (as the name denotes) is cable TV, so you must be in an area serviced by the cable network of Sky.  I would suggest that you wait until you get your Bravia as it would be pointless to subscribe to Sky HD with just a standard TV. 

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #320 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 03:14 PM »
pwede kaya 2 unit or LCD tv for SKY CABLE HD?
Love me or hate me.....

Offline danpaulxxx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #321 on: Feb 07, 2011 at 06:10 PM »
Sky Cable (as the name denotes) is cable TV, so you must be in an area serviced by the cable network of Sky.  I would suggest that you wait until you get your Bravia as it would be pointless to subscribe to Sky HD with just a standard TV. 

Sige! Thanks for the suggestion and info.  :D

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #322 on: Feb 09, 2011 at 04:44 PM »
free daw yung telecast ng game in HD sa sky cable......  :) :) :) :)

Offline markuzbrutuz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #323 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 10:51 AM »
free daw yung telecast ng game in HD sa sky cable......  :) :) :) :)

what game?

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #324 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
i think he was referring to the Azkals-Mongolia match last night that was shown on Balls HD (ch.167)

Offline cHess

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #325 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 03:15 PM »
Good news! Starting Jan. 20, 2011, subscribers will have another BIG reason to avail of SkyCable HD - The SkyCable HD 899 New Year Power Pack!   

Save up to P249/month when you avail of SKYCABLE HD’s entire line-up of full high-definition channels. Pay only P899 monthly for all eight (8) HD channels - HBO HD, Star Movies HD, NBA Premium TV, ESPN HD, NatGeo HD, History HD, Discovery HD, FoxCrime HD.

Mechanics:

1. The SkyCable HD New Year 899 Power Pack is open to all new and existing SKYCABLE postpaid subscribers residing in Metro Manila; particularly in Las Pinas, Makati, Manila, Mandaluyong, Muntinlupa, Quezon City, Pasig, Pasay, Paranaque and San Juan.

2. The SKYCABLE HD New Year Promo Pack includes Discovery HD World, HISTORY HD, HBO HD, Star Movies HD, FoxCrime HD, National Geographic HD, and NBA Premium TV. The Promo from January 20 to March 31, 2011 is only at P899/month. Save P249/month!

3.  The SKYCABLE HD New Year Promo Pack is available only within the promo period - Jan. 20 to Mar. 31, 2011.

4.  After subscribing to the promo pack, the promo rate of P899/mo shall apply for one year from date of subscription.  A lock-in period of one year will apply.  If the subscriber chooses to unsubscribe to the promo HD pack or terminate his SkyCable account within the one year lock-in period, the subscriber will be charged the balance of his lock-in period to the promo HD pack.

5.  After the one year duration of the promo HD pack, the MSF will revert to its original price of P1,148 (or applicable price in case of any price adjustments).

6.   Standard policies and procedures for new installs will apply.

7.   The SkyCable HD 899 New Year Power Pack cannot be availed of by 280 subscribers as there is no HBO in the basic 280 package.

Source: http://lopezlink.ph/promos-and-offers/1547-skycable-hd-899-new-year-powerpack-promo

Sayang walang LAguna

Offline bob taylor

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #326 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 09:53 PM »
how bout PBA in HD??..pls sky,make it happen  ;D

Offline markuzbrutuz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #327 on: Feb 11, 2011 at 08:35 AM »
i think he was referring to the Azkals-Mongolia match last night that was shown on Balls HD (ch.167)

Balls HD??  :)
I never noticed this channel? Is it free? It seems not to be listed in any package the promo above?

Offline raul21

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #328 on: Feb 11, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
how bout PBA in HD??..pls sky,make it happen  ;D

posible kasi hawak na ng abs yung pba kaya... mas mataas yung chance na maging HD yung PBA... ;D ;D

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #329 on: Feb 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
Balls HD??  :)
I never noticed this channel? Is it free? It seems not to be listed in any package the promo above?

it's free if you have a SkyCable hd box but it's not really a channel that has regular programming shown on it. only certain sports events have appeared in ch. 167 like UAAP Men's Basketball, and recently the Azkals-Mongolia match.

Pacquiao-Margarito bout was also shown in ch.167 but only if you availed the PPV.