Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 740427 times)

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #2911 on: Apr 27, 2017 at 10:44 AM »
Mga PLDT Fibr subscribers lang ang hindi kailangan nang satellite dish for Cignal.  Everyone else meron pa yata dish.

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2912 on: Apr 27, 2017 at 10:48 AM »
Mga PLDT Fibr subscribers lang ang hindi kailangan nang satellite dish for Cignal.  Everyone else meron pa yata dish.

I don't have a dish he he he.

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 96
« Reply #2913 on: Apr 28, 2017 at 08:51 AM »
Lahat ng Cignal na plan wala na dish mga sir?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2914 on: Apr 28, 2017 at 08:53 AM »
Lahat ng Cignal na plan wala na dish mga sir?

No. It means Cignal is diversifying and getting into IP TV streaming as well as using traditional satellite.

Offline Dgame12345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2915 on: May 02, 2017 at 07:21 PM »
May dolby digital na po ba ang skycable or just pcm pa lang?

Offline unit14

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2916 on: May 07, 2017 at 09:08 AM »
Hi sirs how to program the skycable remote to turn on the tv?thanks!i have an old hd tv (720p) c something model hehe

Offline Schnauzer

• Collector
  • rubber dickie
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2917 on: May 12, 2017 at 12:15 AM »
depends what brand of TV you have,  meron code sa manual for specific TV brand (as default, the remote is set to work with Samsung) yung LG ko na TV I needed to program it, again it's on the manual

Offline batanglambak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2918 on: May 14, 2017 at 03:34 PM »
depends what brand of TV you have,  meron code sa manual for specific TV brand (as default, the remote is set to work with Samsung) yung LG ko na TV I needed to program it, again it's on the manual
Pasno mag-code for Sony TV?  Pinalitan kasi ang digibox pero hindi iniwan ang manual.  Ty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline Warped

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2919 on: May 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM »
Fox Sports HD (Channel 253) is now open in plan P999.
Fox Sports HD (Channel 253) is no longer open in Plan 999.

Offline rock_star

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2920 on: May 19, 2017 at 01:20 PM »
SKY only opened that channel due to the NBA Playoffs. Remaining NBA postseason games can be seen on ABSCBN S+A.

Offline Warped

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2921 on: May 19, 2017 at 06:34 PM »
Is Channel 139 ANIPLUS SD already open and viewable?

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #2922 on: May 31, 2017 at 08:22 AM »
Update on the SkyCable-Solar NBA issue. As expected, the dispute has now reached the RTC and it's just warming up. Looks like there's zero chance for an amicable settlement to avoid a prolonged court battle.

Biz Buzz's additional details on the cause of the dispute:

Recall that Solar had previously entered into a deal with the NBA in 2010 for the former’s right to broadcast basketball games in various platforms. The contract ended in 2014, a new contract was entered into between Solar, NBA and ABS-CBN. Under the new contract, Solar would continue to broadcast the games over Basketball TV and NBA Premium, which ABS-CBN would broadcast over Channel 2 and ABS-CBN Sports + Action.

There the problem began. According to Solar, ABS-CBN immediately stopped paying it “carriage fees,” saying that the license fee ABS-CBN paid NBA already included the fees payable to Solar.

Biz Buzz did a little digging and learned that the contract signed by the parties involved was simply silent on whether either ABS-CBN or Solar were still in a commercial relationship involving money.

Supposedly, the contract didn’t specify any payments from ABS-CBN to Solar for the new deal. ABS-CBN assumed that, since they were paying NBA so much, it already covered the obligations to Solar. Solar, meanwhile, simply assumed that the previous arrangement was still in force—an “implied contract”, if you will.

(“The entire agreement was on a one-page term sheet that was silent on the issue of payment,” said one party familiar with the dispute.)

Hard to believe that the entire agreement was just a one-pager, given who and what was involved. Kaya nag-assume na lang ng kaniya-kaniya ang SkyCable at Solar. ???

https://business.inquirer.net/230470/biz-buzz-p659-million-ouch
We deserve better.

Offline bashi

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Yo!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 348
« Reply #2923 on: May 31, 2017 at 08:26 AM »
bigyan ng medalya mga iyan!

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2577
« Reply #2924 on: May 31, 2017 at 08:30 AM »
5 na ang kakilala kong nagswitch recently from skycable to cignal
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2925 on: May 31, 2017 at 08:30 AM »
To my understanding no more carriage fees for NBA games aired over ABS CBN and S&A.  With Solar being the sole and official carrier of the NBA, ABS CBN should pay carriage fees for airing BTV & NBA premium via Sky.

So may utang talaga and ABS.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2926 on: May 31, 2017 at 08:50 AM »
Parang mahina nga argument ng SkyCable na because they're already paying license fees to the NBA, di na sila kailangan magbayad sa Solar for adding BTV and NBA Premium to the channels they offer (and from which they're making tons of money) to subscribers.

Ang appeal talaga ng BTV and NBA Premium yung additional NBA content like the live commentary, documentaries and other special basketball shows. 'Yan ang alas ng Cignal, Cablelink and the other cable providers to draw die-hard NBA fans. For example, malabong ipalabas ng ABS-CBN yung upcoming NBA Draft and Awards Night ng live.
We deserve better.

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2927 on: May 31, 2017 at 09:38 AM »
Biz Buzz's additional details on the cause of the dispute:

(“The entire agreement was on a one-page term sheet that was silent on the issue of payment,” said one party familiar with the dispute.)[/i]

https://business.inquirer.net/230470/biz-buzz-p659-million-ouch

If this bit of info is true, this legal battle has become more and more strange lately. A multi-million contract without terms of payment? WTF.

One basic principle of contract law is that terms must be certain. Sufficiently certain, not too vague or too ambiguous, to be legally enforceable.

So how are the parties going to enforce a term of a contract that is silent?

One plausible recourse to end this case of greed: the RTC simply enjoins the parties to come to an agreement to determine the payment to be ‘fair and reasonable.’

Offline traveler69

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 207
« Reply #2928 on: May 31, 2017 at 09:40 AM »

Ang appeal talaga ng BTV and NBA Premium yung additional NBA content like the live commentary, documentaries and other special basketball shows. 'Yan ang alas ng Cignal, Cablelink and the other cable providers to draw die-hard NBA fans. For example, malabong ipalabas ng ABS-CBN yung upcoming NBA Draft and Awards Night ng live.

My thoughts exactly.

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2929 on: May 31, 2017 at 10:18 AM »
Fraud?

Solar chairman Wilson Tieng claims that the issue goes beyond the non-payment. Tieng told the court that ABS-CBN is not paying intentionally so that it could bleed Solar dry until Solar could no longer afford the NBA license.

"By creating a scenario where they will not pay us, nobody can afford such big amount of utang (debt). We already loaned from every bank that we can get money to pay NBA. If we will not pay, NBA will cut us, ABS-CBN will be happy. That is the conspiracy, that is the fraud," Tieng told the court according to case records.

"ABS-CBN has been salivating for the NBA the whole time, they want the NBA," Tieng had said.

"In 2014, ABS-CBN and Solar jointly entered into a license agreement with NBA Properties Incorporated. Since ABS-CBN was paying 60% of the license fees, it considered that the same already covered the carriage fees of Sky Cable. Unfortunately, Solar disagreed," ABS-CBN said in the statement.

Sky Cable subscribers noticed around April that the NBA games were no longer being carried on their paid cable. It was also when the NBA playoffs kicked off, frustrating hoops fans subscribed to Sky.

It remains unavailable on Sky Cable, days before the NBA Finals begin on Thursday, June 1 (Friday, June 2 in Manila).

"Despite the good faith attempts of ABS-CBN and Sky Cable to resolve the dispute amicably, Solar cut off the NBA feed to Sky Cable and filed this complaint," ABS-CBN said.

Solar's lawyers said the next court hearing has not been scheduled. – Rappler.com

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2930 on: May 31, 2017 at 01:36 PM »
Aminado na ang Solar na in debt na sila, kaya rin nagbabalak nang lumipat ang mga Solar employees to ABS-CBN.

I think makukuha ng ABS-CBN ang rights for NBA pag natapos na ang agreement ng NBA with Solar. May pera kasi sila.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017 at 01:40 PM by rock_star »

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2931 on: May 31, 2017 at 02:01 PM »
Ang Sky cable ba ay part ng ABS -CBN? or another company. Kasi ang agreement was between ABS and Solar. Sky, even if wholly owned but different company must pay. Pero if isang company lang, may laban ang ABS.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 410
« Reply #2932 on: May 31, 2017 at 02:12 PM »
Nag switch ako from Skycable to Cignal, this May lang. Dahil nga sa NBA at sa UFC removal sa Skycable. Ang hirap din pala pa disconnect ng Sky, tumawag na kami, nag email, nag txt at may lumabas pa din na bill kahit nabayaran na namin 'yung bill na supposed to be last payment ayon sa reply sa email ng Sky.

Maganda naman Cignal, medyo distracting lang 'yung logo nila sa left side ng tv. 'Yung NBA Premium naman, medyo mahina sound kumpara sa ibang channels.

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2933 on: May 31, 2017 at 06:02 PM »
Official Statement of Solar Entertainment:

http://basketballtv.com.ph/blog/The-court-rules-in-favor-of-Solar-Entertainment

"ABS-CBN in collusion with Sky Cable had no intention to pay such channel carriage fees as their objective is to become the exclusive licensee of NBA, thereby gaining full control and exclusive rights to the broadcast of NBA games in the Philippines."

Given how terrible ABS-CBN is handling the local broadcast of the NBA games (lousy commentary, telecasts loaded with commercials), this will be an unfortunate development if ever it happens.
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2934 on: May 31, 2017 at 06:07 PM »
Nag switch ako from Skycable to Cignal, this May lang. Dahil nga sa NBA at sa UFC removal sa Skycable. Ang hirap din pala pa disconnect ng Sky, tumawag na kami, nag email, nag txt at may lumabas pa din na bill kahit nabayaran na namin 'yung bill na supposed to be last payment ayon sa reply sa email ng Sky.

Maganda naman Cignal, medyo distracting lang 'yung logo nila sa left side ng tv. 'Yung NBA Premium naman, medyo mahina sound kumpara sa ibang channels.

I already shifted to Cignal TV last April mainly because of the NBA channels.  And mas mura na yun plan ko na Plan P490 kasama na NBA HD at may PBA HD pa and Hyper HD which features UFC and golf.   I just added History HD for P50 a month so P540 a month ako.  Half the price of what I pay sa SKY.  Nawala lang yun MTV HD ko, ABS CBN HD, ANC HD and yun Teleradyo but I can live without Ted Faylon and Noli de Castro hahaha.

The good in Cignal, aside from the price, is the digibox's ability to decode Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus.  I can now watch my HD Channels in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.   The NBA finals will surely be a treat!  The digibox is also very compact para syang bunsong anak ng Skycable digibox ko.

The bad -- pag maulap walang signal.  Minsan umaabot ng 15 to 20 minutes. Hanggang makapal yun ulap yari ang signal mo.  Yun ulan okay lang basta hindi maulap walang problema.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #2935 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 02:19 AM »
Is there a side by side comparison online for the HD channels of Cignal vs Sky?

Offline v1n5anity

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2936 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 09:16 AM »
Kaya ko pa tiisin to kasi ayoko talaga mag Cignal for several reasons. But if wala pa rin NBA Premium HD channel ko by the start of the next regular season, then I'll consider getting Cignal.

Offline Tha_Mann

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #2937 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 10:41 AM »
Is there a side by side comparison online for the HD channels of Cignal vs Sky?

I don't think there is.

But nung time na nag de-decide pa lang ako to switch to Cignal, tinitignan ko yung mga Ciganl promo booth sa malls, may TV sila dun at parang hindi ganun kaganda/kalinaw yung HD channels lalo na yung NBA. sabi ko baka sa brand ng tv yun or sa settings. still I decided to switch. nung time na install na nung Cignal tech, eh naka kabit pa Sky namin nuon, sabi nung technician iba daw talaga linaw ng Sky channels. napa dalawang isip tuloy ako bigla haha. pero nung nakabit na, eh hindi pa disconnected yung sky namin, dun ako nagka chance na i-compare yung clarity ng channels. halos walang pagkaka iba, minsan nga yung ibang HD channels sa Sky eh parang 720p lang. and yung NBA Premium TV eh clear talaga, unlike yung nakita ko promo booth nila. nasa settings talaga ng TV yun hehe. yung nasa mall nga 40-inch tv lang, compared to my 55-inch tv. but afaik, 1080i lang talaga resolution ng HD channels both for SKY and Cignal. another plus is yung dolby digital, I can hook it up with my HT.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 255
« Reply #2938 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 11:52 AM »
Thanks!

What I meant with the question though was which had the better variety and had more HD channels. :)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2939 on: Jun 01, 2017 at 12:11 PM »
Kaya ko pa tiisin to kasi ayoko talaga mag Cignal for several reasons. But if wala pa rin NBA Premium HD channel ko by the start of the next regular season, then I'll consider getting Cignal.
Bro, care to disclose ano ayaw mo sa Cignal?