Author Topic: SkyCable HD  (Read 740453 times)

Offline Dgame12345

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: SkyCable HD
« Reply #3210 on: Jul 09, 2018 at 08:04 AM »
Skycable used to have the best sports and news lineup, particularly after they bought out Destiny. 

They don't seem to understand that the only way cable can survive in the era of streaming is on broadcasting live events, like sports and news. Niche programming also contributes but the biggest draw in the past, movies and tv shows, are no longer the draw today.

SkyCable's decision makers need to get their business model out of the 90's.

I strongly agree with you.. ng naglabasan ung mga streming service like netflix, iflix etc.. bihira na din ako manood ng cable tv.. usually ginagamit ko nalang cable tv  pag nanonood ng news and sports.. thats why i think mas tama ung ginagawa ng cignal na to focus more on sports shows...

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • I'm new here! Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3211 on: Jul 09, 2018 at 09:12 PM »
In the US, cable TV is expensive and the culprit is Live sports programs. Sports is the most expensive TV genre in terms of revenue. License fees, advertising and income from sports players and sports organizations contributed to the high cost of cable bills in the US. For the Average American rising cable cost seems too much and they began cut the cord and find alternatives like SVOD and Live TV streaming from the internet.
This is why Cignal can't add more channels because of the cost of Sports Programs from NBA to PBA because there expensive to distribute. And this is why Cignal don't have HD versions off AXN, Disney channel, Discovery etc.. and stuck with the regular SD channels.
Sky on the other hand is playing safe by adding new Channels despite removing Solar Channels last year. And some Sports channels decided to make it ala Carte to keep the basic base tv package cost low.

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3212 on: Jul 12, 2018 at 05:08 PM »

Speaking of the above.

I heard *daw* na moving forward, all new subscriptions will be on bundled packages (e.g. One Sky platform na Pay TV + internet etc etc.). Wala na standalone package na TV-only or whatnot.

And looking at the pictures above, napaisip ako:
Does that mean all Sky Pay TV related services will be IPTV-based?

Kumbaga, hindi na traditional coaxial cable ang gagamitin nya?

And that's a concern...........kasi from the last time, shared ang bandwidth ng Sky for both Pay TV and general internet usage. Kumbaga, kung may malakas gumamit ng net gamit ang Sky connection, then chop-chop and buffering yung Pay TV viewing.

Unlike sa Cignal via PLDT Fiber Optic na kahit gaano kalakas ang net usage, hindi madadamay ang TV viewing (kasi dedicated bandwidth).

Can anyone care to comment? :)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 427
« Reply #3213 on: Jul 12, 2018 at 05:46 PM »
Sky increased their 999 plan from 3 to 5mpbs.. not bad..
The Pats way...

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #3214 on: Jul 14, 2018 at 08:26 PM »
Speaking of the above.

I heard *daw* na moving forward, all new subscriptions will be on bundled packages (e.g. One Sky platform na Pay TV + internet etc etc.). Wala na standalone package na TV-only or whatnot.

And looking at the pictures above, napaisip ako:
Does that mean all Sky Pay TV related services will be IPTV-based?

Kumbaga, hindi na traditional coaxial cable ang gagamitin nya?

And that's a concern...........kasi from the last time, shared ang bandwidth ng Sky for both Pay TV and general internet usage. Kumbaga, kung may malakas gumamit ng net gamit ang Sky connection, then chop-chop and buffering yung Pay TV viewing.

Unlike sa Cignal via PLDT Fiber Optic na kahit gaano kalakas ang net usage, hindi madadamay ang TV viewing (kasi dedicated bandwidth).

Can anyone care to comment? :)

Separate pa rin yung digital tv signals sa cable from the broadband signals. Fixed yung bandwidth na naka-assign sa  broadband, separate from cable tv.
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2018 at 08:28 PM by viper »

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3215 on: Jul 16, 2018 at 11:06 PM »
Update
The HD fedd of Metro Channel returns after a temporary SD feed of Metro Channel on Ch. 174. I think this is the cause when Liga HD coverage of the World Cup suddenly went black.

Also Asianovela channel and Movie Central (ch. 77 & 78 test broadcast) are not moving forward to launch these channels. They are now scrapped and went back as a reserved Channel. Along with ASN which was ceased on July 6.

Offline blackcyborg009

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3216 on: Jul 17, 2018 at 07:53 PM »
Separate pa rin yung digital tv signals sa cable from the broadband signals. Fixed yung bandwidth na naka-assign sa  broadband, separate from cable tv.

I see.

Btw, musta naman broadband internet ni Sky? (and how is it kumpara sa PLDT Fiber optic)

Offline xgh0st12x

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • DVD Guru
  • Reboot nang reboot! Punyeta, puro na lang reboot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3217 on: Jul 17, 2018 at 09:27 PM »
I see.

Btw, musta naman broadband internet ni Sky? (and how is it kumpara sa PLDT Fiber optic)

Promised speeds are pretty stable. im on the 16mbps plan.
Mejo mabagal lang upload. between .5 to 2.xxmbps
Moonwalk Paranaque area btw.

Im happy with them. Rarely any issues.
Formerly SonOfKratos

Offline v1n5anity

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #3218 on: Jul 18, 2018 at 01:47 PM »
Promised speeds are pretty stable. im on the 16mbps plan.
Mejo mabagal lang upload. between .5 to 2.xxmbps
Moonwalk Paranaque area btw.

Im happy with them. Rarely any issues.

Same here. I just upgraded my 16mbps to 25mbps (which is cheaper by P100). I don't know if you also subscribe to their cable but I subscribe to both. What I did was get Nexflix, then downgraded from cable plan 999 to 299. I only watch the news and live sports. Besides, I watch live stream naman din since inalis na rin ng Sky ang NBA Premium kaya lalong naging useless ang cable.

Offline john15442

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3219 on: Jul 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM »
Anyone experience blank video on HD channels and some SD? I already rebooted and rescan the channels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3220 on: Jul 22, 2018 at 08:07 PM »
Do you remember when Asianovela and Movie Central appear on SkyCable but nothing on it. Well turns out that these channels will be available soon on ABS CBN TV plus DTT Platform. It will also include MYX, Jeepney TV and O Shopping on the lineup come July 30.  Those three mentioned are now available on SKY.

Also i would love to see more pictures of the OneSKY digibox from what it performs to easy access to YouTube and netflix. And why didn't advertised yet?

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 465
« Reply #3221 on: Jul 26, 2018 at 01:50 PM »
Medyo unrelated, but i am loving France24 on channel 238. Wala kasi akong BBC, so ito yung magandang alternative for a more european perspective on the news. Tsaka it's in english so no need for subtitles. Nakakatawa lang na panay 15 minutes lang ang mga shows. Parang geared towards people with ADHD.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+242)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #3222 on: Jul 28, 2018 at 01:53 PM »
Medyo unrelated, but i am loving France24 on channel 238. Wala kasi akong BBC, so ito yung magandang alternative for a more european perspective on the news. Tsaka it's in english so no need for subtitles. Nakakatawa lang na panay 15 minutes lang ang mga shows. Parang geared towards people with ADHD.

Tx.  BBC replacement nga :D
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2018 at 04:38 PM by t-bone »
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline richardcruz

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #3223 on: Jul 30, 2018 at 08:58 AM »
Tx.  BBC replacement nga :D

Short news clips to cover headlines for viewers who can only afford short viewing time. Still, does not replace the splendid BBC documentaries.

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3224 on: Aug 15, 2018 at 07:01 PM »
Have you noticed about the duplicate Channels appearing in your lineup? Here are some of the channels that has a duplicate Channel:

Channel Name   Original Channel Assignment   Duplicate Channel Assignment
Nickelodeon                         45                                                           117
Animax                                     46                                                           120
Disney Channel                     47                                                           138
FOXlife                                     48                                                           142
AXN                                     49                                                           211
FOX                                             50                                                           212
Metro Channel                     52                                                           226
Blue Ant Entertainment     53                                                           229
HBO                                     54                                                           230
FOX Movies                             55                                                           231

Why do we have duplicate Channels, is this a technical issue? Is there a new channels with this duplicate Channels coming soon?

Offline desertfox615

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3225 on: Aug 15, 2018 at 07:35 PM »
two weeks na akong "no input signal". send them a tweet to look at it. sabi within 24-72 hours may pupunta. hay nako, wala pumunta. pinadisconnect ko na yung dual def 549 na subscription ko sa asar.

july 29 pa wala signal ko. binayaran ko na lang din yung aug 2018 billing ko kahit wala akong service na nakuha since august na nung magrequest ako ng termination ng subscription. aba, kailangan pa daw magbayad ng 356 pesos for disconnection fee.

ibang klase talaga itong Sky Cable.

bumili na lang ako ng Easy TV. ayun, may History, NBA, BTV etc.

Offline t-bone

• Trade Count: (+242)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 574
« Reply #3226 on: Aug 15, 2018 at 08:34 PM »
Short news clips to cover headlines for viewers who can only afford short viewing time. Still, does not replace the splendid BBC documentaries.

Dapat may HD na BBC.

Ill gladly pay more
Samsung 65"
Denon 3808
Apogee speakers

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3227 on: Aug 17, 2018 at 01:32 AM »
Have you noticed about the duplicate Channels appearing in your lineup? Here are some of the channels that has a duplicate Channel:

Channel Name   Original Channel Assignment   Duplicate Channel Assignment
Nickelodeon                         45                                                           117
Animax                                     46                                                           120
Disney Channel                     47                                                           138
FOXlife                                     48                                                           142
AXN                                     49                                                           211
FOX                                             50                                                           212
Metro Channel                     52                                                           226
Blue Ant Entertainment     53                                                           229
HBO                                     54                                                           230
FOX Movies                             55                                                           231

Why do we have duplicate Channels, is this a technical issue? Is there a new channels with this duplicate Channels coming soon?

http://www.mysky.com.ph/metromanila/updates/976/2018/08/03/sky-advisory-temporary-duplicate-channel-assignment

Nagkaroon kasi ng issue na some areas walang channels 40ish to 50ish sa sd and hd boxes nila.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2018 at 01:34 AM by BusyChild »
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3228 on: Aug 20, 2018 at 02:56 PM »
Has anyone do have the One Sky Digibox? Have you tried the YouTube app on the digibox? Has anyone watching the Asian Games live stream on YouTube?

Offline DVD Emman

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3229 on: Sep 06, 2018 at 08:15 PM »
His anyone have a problem with cable signals lately? The one that having no signal when watching when it's on? Well I learn something during their cable maintenance. The problem is that cable wires can deteriorate over time when it gets old and tempered. Another culprit is that their using a different type of cable wire normally Rj59 which is the old cable wire that used in the old days in cable tv. When use it on digital cable, this where it happens when you get no signal or pixilated because of too much bandwidth. There solution, replace the old Rj59 with RJ6 coaxial cable wires. This wire  is very thick it will eliminate distortion signals from cable TV and High speed internet and very suitable for HDTV. Ask your cable maintenance to replace your old cable wires to a new one with RJ6 coaxial.

Offline crazyhog

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3230 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 05:56 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3231 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 06:27 PM »
^Wow thanks for posting. Just checked now meron na nga ulit!

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3232 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 06:54 PM »
Free ang HBO Signature, Family etc sa mga premium account.

Offline redram

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3233 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 09:29 PM »
May NBA Premium na ulit ch 175.
Hahahaha, muntik na akong lumipat ng Cignal.
NBA regular season starts on Oct 17

Offline Pipo_1925

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #3234 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 09:35 PM »
Free ang HBO Signature, Family etc sa mga premium account.

sir, paano ma consider na premium account?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #3235 on: Oct 16, 2018 at 11:57 PM »
sir, paano ma consider na premium account?

Nasa plan yun sir. Hindi ko alam ngayon kasi iba na ang available plans nila.

Try niyo itong link:

http://www.mysky.com.ph/search?q=premium

Offline Dgame12345

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3236 on: Oct 17, 2018 at 10:26 PM »
Since nagkaroon na ulit ng btv at nba premium sa sky, e tutuloy parin kaya nila pagpapalabas sa s&a and abs ng mga nba games?

Offline rock_star

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3237 on: Oct 18, 2018 at 11:59 AM »
Yes. ABSCBN still has free TV coverage of the NBA.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 338
« Reply #3238 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 07:35 AM »
Is it true NBA Premium and BTV have been deactivated again on SkyCable?
We deserve better.

Offline a2

• Trade Count: (+128)
  • DVD Guru
  • Purple & Gold
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 126
« Reply #3239 on: Oct 29, 2018 at 09:27 AM »
^Nawala yung BTV and ang naka post na advisory sa channel is "We are checking with Solar about the status of the channel feed". Thankfully may NBA Premium TV pa naman. Wag naman sana paasa 'tong Sky.