Author Topic: Audioengine powered speakers  (Read 3069 times)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Audioengine powered speakers
« on: Jul 19, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
http://www.audioengineusa.com/

- itatanong ko lang if anyone experienced or possibly auditioned these powered speakers before? It seems madami syang applications most specially for portables and ang dami rin positive reviews even by audiophile publications ;D

May dealers kaya nito dito?

Offline ricworks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re: Audioengine powered speakers
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2009 at 05:21 PM »
up..

pic from magazine-audio.com

pic from enjoythemusic.com

features/specs:

5" kevlar woofers for super low end (Small Speakers, Natural Mids, Big Bass)
20mm Silk tweeters for smooth highs
Built-in USB Charging
Wireless-ready!
2 audio inputs
Line level outputs
Built-in power amps in left speaker
Rear panel AC outlet
Front panel volume control

150W peak power total (50W RMS / 75W peak per channel), AES
Torroidal power transformer
Frequency response: 50Hz-22kHz +/-1.5dB
Shipping weight: 12.6Kg/27.75lbs per pair

Audioengine A5 ($349.00) MSRP
Audioengine A2 ($199.00)

these powered/active speakers got rave reviews from audio enthusiasts around the globe.
sana magkaroon din dito sa atin.

calling the kind attention of audio-video shop owners,
bka meron pong gusto magdala nito sa pilipinas. madami pong naghahanap :)

youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaYNiNXXbGc

audioholic review: http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/lifestyle-desktop-and-portable/audioengine-a5

amazon user reviews> http://www.amazon.com/Audioengine-multimedia-speakers-total-2-way/product-reviews/B000OABTPQ/ref=sr_1_1_cm_cr_acr_img?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

a hundred more awards and reviews> http://www.audioengineusa.com/news_reviews.htm#a5_reviews
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2009 at 05:28 PM by ricworks »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2009 at 06:13 PM »
I really almost pulled the trigger on this one (A2) when I was setting up my new Mac computer. But with its US$199 price, nothing beats a pair of proac clones & a free Yamaha avr  :D ;D

Offline ricworks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 10:58 AM »

alas! meron nang local distributor. i saw it sa side ads sa fb :)

http://www.facebook.com/dexterton
or http://www.dexterton.com

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2010 at 06:35 PM »
Uyy, thats good news & about the same price pa sa US!  ;D

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 09:35 AM »
so Dexterton is into audio na rin pala.....dati they are only into building/construction materials

Sana ma-audition.

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 09:55 AM »
so Dexterton is into audio na rin pala.....dati they are only into building/construction materials

Sana ma-audition.

I agree, they're well known in the field of construction... ;)

I think this is part of their "Home Automation" campaign.

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 10:11 AM »

I agree, they're well known in the field of construction... ;)

I think this is part of their "Home Automation" campaign.

Nasa furnitures din daw sila

Offline Valiente

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • "Separating what I need from what I want."
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2016 at 06:57 PM »
Guys, please help me with the Audioengine A5+ Powered Speakers, which is out of warranty. Here is the situation:
Naka lights powered naman ang speakers, continuously playing, then suddenly stops, then plays again, minsan, humihina ang volume, then lalakas naman, mamatay ang sound, then I will simply turn off kasi wala na, sayang lang kuryente, pati pa sa CD Player. Disappointing, because, music is not played continuously, nakakabitin, na minsan nakakainis kasi, alam mo na mawawala na naman ang sound. Malamig naman po ang likod niya. Ngayon nga po, I am just playing a CD, tapos nawala na naman ang sound. There is really a problem with these speakers. Ang ganda ng itsura ng speakers kaya lang disappointing ang performance. Please help me if you have an idea. Thanks guys!
"Simple life is the best!"
"Health is the first wealth!"
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7170
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2016 at 07:59 PM »
pm mo s markrenz, he can help you...
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2016 at 06:40 PM »
Yes, Markcrenz is going to help me with this speakers. However, I have to do first all the ways I can before I send this to him because sending this speakers thru freight is going to be expensive, especially that I have more than a thousand pesos just for one way freight.

Here were my ways of solving the problem:
(1) I bought a new fuse meant for 220v and replaced the previous meant for 110v. I inserted the new fuse. Same the problem has not been solved.

(2) I bought a new power cable, thinking that there could be loose connection. Same, the problem has not been solved. I'm a bit moron, knowing the fact that there is light powering the speakers.

(3) I want to open the back of the active speakers and check the cables however I did not pursue because I might add more to the problem. I just want to focus the solution as much as possible outside the unit.

(4) I planned to bring it to a technician, a person who repairs TV and speakers, however I did not brought because of the same reason that the problem might increase.

Then suddenly.....

(5) I was curious with the label at the back with regards to the fuse. There is an arrow, somewhat pointed towards a 220v fuse and a 110v fuse, sort of like this symbol ~, "tilde" symbol. There are two tildes at the back of the speakers, one ~ is for 220v and another ~ for 110v. Before, the fuse never points towards the ~. I thought of pointing the fuse towards the ~220v. This might solve the problem. And I was surprised, the speakers continuously played the music. I think I have solved the problem. The positioning of the fuse towards the correct voltage helped me. The good news is for one week now, it is playing. I think I have solved temporarily the problem. I'm on further observations. Let me enjoy first these speakers because they really pour out quality music. Abangan ang mga susunod na kabanata! Thank you for reading.
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7170
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2016 at 07:47 PM »
congratulations.....;)
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....

Offline Valiente

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2016 at 05:49 PM »
Kabanata 2:

(1) So I tried bringing the active speaker to a technician closer to our residence. The technician opened the speaker. He was surprised with the complex circuitry of the amp inside the speaker. Wow, he said, this is not simple. I think this speaker sounds good. Yes, I said to him. However, he excused himself touching the amp, because of the complication. He said that there is a better person to touch it, the one who has the idea of the speaker itself. I agree with him. I think the technicians from Audioengine are the right person to do the task.  So I brought back the speaker home.

(2) I still very optimistic that the speakers will heal by themselves. So, I better use the 110v selector because originally it was bought at this option. Yes, it sounds again, no fading. I simply stick the plug on the 110v AVR so I will not accidentally plug it in 220v. It made me smile again but until today.....the same problem arises. CD Player starts playing Track 1 but when nearing Track 2, sounds started to fade and suddenly no more sound. I am now on Track 6 waiting the return of the sound.....

Conclusion: This speakers really have problems in it and NEEDS REPAIR.

Now I am thinking sending only the active speaker to Markcrenz. The freight for the pair costs more than a thousand pesos. The technicians from Audioengine facility are the best persons to see this beautiful speaker.

Thanks for reading again.
"Thank you Pinoydvd!"