Author Topic: Raymond Red's SAKAY, BAYANI, and other films soon on DVD  (Read 12029 times)

Offline rainmanred

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I am currently in the process of digitally remastering my films BAYANI (1992) and SAKAY (1993). This is a step towards awareness in the preservation and restoration of films that otherwise may be lost in deterioration through time. As far as I know, no Filipino film has been truly digitally remastered, as in scanned at least on Hi-Def and enhanced and cleaned digitally (not of course including recent digital films that have been blown-up onto 35mm film, actually the reverse process). Most old local films are usually transferred onto video from aged positive prints. It is a very complex and expensive process, so this has been really a personal effort with the help of dedicated companies. A special edition release of BAYANI is underway and is being digitally remastered via the facilities of IGNITE Media Inc. SAKAY on the other hand is being undertaken by UNICO/Cinefilipino/Unitel Pictures and has a targeted release in late 2008. I am also making efforts in getting my 1997 tv feature KAMADA with GMA7 rereleased on DVD by also digitally remastering it from the original 16mm negatives. Along with this, I am making efforts into compiling my old short films (super-8mm, 16mm) into a dvd package as well, and may include the 2000 Cannes Palme D'Or winner ANINO (35mm).
Do visit my website http://www.raymondred.com for info on my current projects, including a new feature film now in pre-production. Thanks

Offline ciconneguy

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Movies and music make me happy. :)
  • Liked:
Re: Raymond Red's SAKAY, BAYANI, and other films soon on DVD
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 01:11 AM »
thank you so much raymond for digitally remastering your films and releasing them on dvd. may your efforts serve as inspiration to all local producers and i hope they do the same to their films. i am truly looking forward to owning copies of your films on dvd. may your tribe increase. again, maraming salamat...and congrats! :)
It's time for the good times. Forget about the bad times. :)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2008 at 08:56 AM »
Welcome aboard, Raymond!

Thanks for the info. I've seen SAKAY in U.P. Film Center and KAMADA on Gma Telesine before.

Offline rse

• DVD Guru
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2008 at 01:11 AM »
this is really exciting news...:-)

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2008 at 08:32 AM »
Kamada is the only gma telesine that i cannot forget kahit once ko lagn sya napanood..

francism, bembol, jaclyn, quizon..

galing..i will be waiting for this..thanks for the heads up mr. red.

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2008 at 09:20 AM »
Don't forget also the comically brilliant finale in KAMADA.

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Aug 04, 2008 at 04:40 PM »
SAKAY has a trailer in one of UNICO's releases. Just when i thought it would never materialize... thanks for the great news, this gives me hope!

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 12:07 PM »
Are you Sir Raymond Red as in the only Filipino who had won the Golden Palm award?  :o My current prof Mrs. Dulce of DLSU talks a lot of good things about you and she admires you a lot!

Offline rainmanred

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM »
Finally, UNICO through their CineFilipino label has released the DVD of "SAKAY". Although this is not yet the master negatives digital remaster, it is quite a good transfer from a fairly good condition positive print. It does have some glitches and the sound leaves a lot to be desired. Still, it is worth acquiring, not because it's my film :) but because it is rare that we get good copies of Pinoy films anyway. I don't own commercial rights to the film, so I'm not earning anything from this. I just welcome the opportunity to have my films shown to a new generation. I think it is available in bookstores on their Cinefilipino stands. I haven't seen it posted in their website yet.
BAYANI and KAMADA on the other hand will be delayed. It is exciting news however that 2K resolution scanning (higher than HD) technology is now available in manila, I hope to do this for both films next year.
Happy holidays to everyone.
www.raymondred.com
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:06 AM by rainmanred »

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2008 at 10:30 AM »
Finally, UNICO through their CineFilipino label has released the DVD of "SAKAY". Although this is not yet the master negatives digital remaster, it is quite a good transfer from a fairly good condition positive print. It does have some glitches and the sound leaves a lot to be desired. Still, it is worth acquiring, not because it's my film :) but because it is rare that we get good copies of Pinoy films anyway. I don't own commercial rights to the film, so I'm not earning anything from this. I just welcome the opportunity to have my films shown to a new generation. I think it is available in bookstores on their Cinefilipino stands. I haven't seen it posted in their website yet.
BAYANI and KAMADA on the other hand will be delayed. It is exciting news however that 2K resolution scanning (higher than HD) technology is now available in manila, I hope to do this for both films next year.
www.raymondred.com

thanks for the heads up mr. red. :)

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 216
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2008 at 04:39 PM »
www.raymondred.com

Great news! We await the DVD (or Blu-Ray) release from your master negative of Sakay  :)

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 10:50 PM »
already saw 2 copies of SAKAY at powerbooks glorietta. tucked below the counter. priced at 450pesos.

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2009 at 04:48 AM by riverfan »

Offline viper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • i took the money and ran . . . . but now I'm back
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jan 19, 2009 at 08:39 PM »
Besides powerbooks in glorietta, where can we find copies of this DVD? Is this available in astro?

tnx.

Offline ipemd

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2009 at 12:47 AM »
Wow! Raymond Red is here at pdvd! What a priviledge! Sir raymond, hope your short films will be out soon. I used to watch them during film festivals,etc years ago! I hope other gifted artists in your caliber follow what you are doing to your maasterpieces!
Will be eagerly following this thread... ;)

MITCH

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2009 at 04:58 PM »
In relation to the demise of our beloved Master Rapper,

sana ma release na yung Kamada on DVD..
it will be a nice way of honoring him.
makita natin na di lang sa music, art, photography magaling si Kiko, pati sa acting din.

Offline rainmanred

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2009 at 09:06 AM »
In relation to the demise of our beloved Master Rapper,

sana ma release na yung Kamada on DVD..
it will be a nice way of honoring him.
makita natin na di lang sa music, art, photography magaling si Kiko, pati sa acting din.
I am now convincing GMA7 to remaster and release the 1997 tv feature KAMADA with FrancisM in the lead role.
I was greatly affected by the passing of FrancisM, a great artist, a true friend. Francis and I were really planning for it's re-release and we even shot rare additional footage in 2005 for it's special edition. Amazing that Francis did not seem to age 8 years after the original film.  The original film was shot on 16mm film so it is possible to rescan the original images onto HD or even 2K resolution ultra hi-def. This would be a well-deserved tribute to a pinoy legend. I hope it pushes through.

Offline riverfan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 06, 2009 at 10:59 AM »
Sakay DVD is hard to find now. No stocks in Powerbooks ATC, Festival, Glorietta and Greenbelt. Not sure for other branches.

Offline ritzelle

• Apprentice
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 08:12 PM »
I am very interested in watching "Bayani" (1992) by Raymond Red! :) Where can I buy a DVD? And how much? Thank you for the reply. :)

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
Same here, where to buy Bayani and Sakay?   ;)
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline ronnivore

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Apprentice
  • I am the walrus.
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Jan 01, 2013 at 01:06 PM »
Any news on these projects, Sir Raymond Red?