Author Topic: Astro Trinoma: The Ultimate Video & Music Knock-Out Sale (August 15-19, 2008)  (Read 25804 times)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
It's just that prices are so low that customers who are not aware of the new price points are doubting if they're the real thing.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 12:58 PM by barrister »

Offline rafgar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Friend of mine went there and a lot of people were whispering daw kung mga orig daw yun mga binebenta.  ;D

When I was there last Sunday, somebody asked the sales lady if the DVD (not a box set) contains only one movie -- mukhang naghahanap ng "10-in-1" PDVD ???  :D

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 01:20 PM by rafgar »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
My loot for today:

Margot at the Wedding
Charlie Wilsons War
Into the Wild
Kite Runner
Cloverfield
3 Stooges Set
Blue Planet
BBC WW II Battlefields 1942
American Gangster Steel

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
last fri rin, i heard someone said, "ay original!" i'm not sure what he meant by that pero gusto ko sana sabihin, "what do you expect? nasa loob tayo ng mall."  :D

Actually to this day, it's still not a guarantee that only "originals" are being sold inside malls.   ;)

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
3 Stooges Set

Waaahhh  :'( :'( :'( Naunahan mo ko pre.  :'( :'(  Congrats! Great buy!!  :'( :'( :'(   :)

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
I was at the sale last saturday and bought only a few, may mga gusto pa sana ako bilhin kaso i was pissed-off by a woman in a green stripe blouse that day who act like a supervisor... i noticed her looking suspicious at people in the sale, i can't blame her, there so many people out there and you can't be sure if there are some who will shoplift some dvds and cds, but i noticed that girl starring suspicious at me everywhere i go, i only have 2 cds at hand (Survivors Greatest Hits and Timeless classic i think ata yung isa, volume 3). Then i roam around to look for some dvd titles i could buy, and then that woman starring very suspicious at me asked me to hand her over those 2 cds at my hand, itatabi lang daw muna nya, so i gave it to her and she placed the cds near the cd section and katabi na nung mga binebenta nila...so di ko na lang muna pinansin and i continued looking for dvds, pero i noticed some of the buyers na ang daming hawak at halo-halo pa yung cds at dvds pero di naman nila kinukuha, medyo unfair yata yun ha,hmmm parang may duda ata sa akin yung babaeng yun... ayun, medyo inis na din ako, and after i got the Frankenstein (M. Shelly's), i decided to pay na lang for the 2 cds and 1 dvd, medyo inis na kasi ako nun e... Then, when i asked for the 2 cds na kinuha nung babae, kinuha nila and to my surprise, iba na ang kasama nung survivors, nawala yung timeless volume 3 (Rock and Roll), Peter Cetera na ang kasama so i told the lady that that's not my cds, ok yung survivors but not the peter cetera... At alam nyo ba... yun daw ang ibinigay ko sa kanya (sabay masamang tingin), so nainis na talaga ako and told her na "kanina ko pa hawak yan at alam ko kung ano ang pinili ko, bakit mas marunong pa kayo sa akin?" and then a girl in red uniform told me na wala daw silang stock nung volume 3, so i told her na may nakuha nga ako dyan e, papano kyo mawawalan ng stock? and i told the lady in green stripe, "Nananahimik kasi sa kamay ko yung mga cds e, kinuha-kuha nyo pa, e ang dami nga dyan halo-halo na yung mga hawak sa kamay di nyo pinapansin?"... ayun, umalis na lang ako after ko bayaran...

eto lang masasabi ko...

"Ok lang sumunod kyo sa procedures ninyo pero BE FAIR naman, walang problema dun, susunod naman kami..."

We are trying to promote orig dvds and cds here in PinoyDVD.com, so please... Be Nice to Us and Be Fair, or kahit sa mga non-members, Be nice and be fair to all of your Consumers ;)

Anyway, eto lang nabili ko dun...

CDs:
Survivors Greatest Hits
Timeless Volume 3 (Rock n Roll Hits)

(Tunog lata pareho >:()

DVD:
Mary Shelly's Frankenstein

« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 02:22 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Actually to this day, it's still not a guarantee that only "originals" are being sold inside malls.   ;)

Depends on the mall. Metrowalk Mall, Divisoria Mall, St Francis Square Mall are notorious for selling non-origs. 

But if you're talking of malls owned by the big 3 - SM, Ayala, Robinson's, I believe that you can almost be 100% sure that they only sell origs. 

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Noob Q. What is the difference between a locally pressed DVD and a locally pressed DVD copy of Jack?  ;D

CDs:
Survivors Greatest Hits

Ever wonder why?  :)

But if you're talking of malls owned by the big 3 - SM, Ayala, Robinson's, I believe that you can almost be 100% sure that they only sell origs. 

Hmmmm..... ::)   ;)
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 04:02 PM by frootloops »

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
CDs:
Survivors Greatest Hits

ako din mga 8 CDs yung nabili ko mayron din na tuno lata  :( :( :(

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
Depends on the mall. Metrowalk Mall, Divisoria Mall, St Francis Square Mall are notorious for selling non-origs. 

that's my point - depending on the mall where you're at. eh trinoma 'yun so sure na orig.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
CDs:
Survivors Greatest Hits

not remastered most probably. yung timeless ba ung box set?
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
Round 2:

Php 175
Things We Lost In The Fire
Into The Wild
The Holiday --> Dang! I have this na pala. Oh well, pang-Christmas gift na lang.  ;D

Php 299
The Kite Runner

Php 375
Vantage Point (Imported)
CJ7 (2-Disc Deluxe Edition)

Down to Php 199 are:
No Country For Old Men  >:(
Charlie Wilson's War  >:(

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Down to Php 199 are:
No Country For Old Men  >:(
Charlie Wilson's War  >:(

Kainis noh? Kaya naman pala ibigay ng 199 dapat nung first day pa malamang mas marami ang nabili. I bought my CWW just today for 299, now I feel I've been fooled!  >:(   :)

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
Noob Q. What is the difference between a locally pressed DVD and a locally pressed DVD copy of Jack?  ;D
With a Legal locally pressed DVD9, the content is assured.  A locally pressed 'Jack' is hit-or-miss, it might contain a faulty subtitle track or screener video track, and quality of DVD is suspect.  What's printed on the package and what's in the Disc also often doesn't match.  Not to mention, that a legal DVD also supports the government and legal business enterprises while 'Jack' supports shady individuals... Sorry, way off topic na tayo...

A locally pressed (legal) DVD9 and imported DVD9 is a harder to call...  So far, I haven't encountered any problems with Magnavision DVD9, so the fact that most of us collectors prefer imported because of it's supposed better quality, might be misinpresentation...

Also angry that Charlie Wilson's War and No Country got discounted so soon...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
My suking Magna salesperson was sweet talking me into buying the slipcased Spiderwick Chronicles, priced at Php 375. I told her that they should discount 200 bucks from it, as compensation for the 100 bucks I got "overcharged" for both No Country For Old Men and Charlie Wilson's War last Friday. Didn't buy it. Next sale na lang.

Offline pjayg

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • I am the Nocturnal Prince!
  • Liked:
Next sale na lang.

any idea when this will be? sana down south naman ;D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
I got
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (3 disc edition) - P499
To Kill A MockingBird P175
Black Snake Moan P175

also got a free movie poster. however, the selection was slim; Ray, Good Shepherd, Cloverfield, American Gangster (which was the one i chose).

Offline -AJ-

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Apprentice
  • $+€€£800K ¢0££€¢+0R
  • Liked:
I got
Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (3 disc edition) - P499

got this too. very nice DVD. also got:
Blue Planet
Spiderwick Chronicles
Jaws 30th Anniversary Edition (2-disc, Digipak)
Schindler's List (2-disc)
Bee Movie (yellow case)
E.T. (2-disc)
A Beautiful Mind
The Patriot
The Kingdom
Jarhead
Serenity
beware of sellers like kaaway20 and buyers like deviln_disguise!

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
not remastered most probably. yung timeless ba ung box set?

Nope, they're selling them separately bro.
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I was at the sale last saturday and bought only a few, may mga gusto pa sana ako bilhin kaso i was pissed-off by a woman in a green stripe blouse that day who act like a supervisor... i noticed her looking suspicious at people in the sale, i can't blame her, there so many people out there and you can't be sure if there are some who will shoplift some dvds and cds, but i noticed that girl starring suspicious at me everywhere i go, i only have 2 cds at hand (Survivors Greatest Hits and Timeless classic i think ata yung isa, volume 3).

"Ok lang sumunod kyo sa procedures ninyo pero BE FAIR naman, walang problema dun, susunod naman kami..."

We are trying to promote orig dvds and cds here in PinoyDVD.com, so please... Be Nice to Us and Be Fair, or kahit sa mga non-members, Be nice and be fair to all of your Consumers ;)

Pareng Reynold : Baka naman type ka lang :D  O baka naman naka leather jacket ka 8)  He he.

Anyway, ako naman nung first day ganun din.  Since maaga ako dun, may mga binitbit na akong mga boxsets habang nag-aayos pa lang sila.  E alam mo naman tayong mga pdvd members parang laging mauubusan eh.  There was this girl din na ang sama ng tingin sa akin.  Tama ka, wherever I go, tumitingin din.  Dagger looks talaga.  But when she saw me talking to Lotis and Jimmy Lim, medyo natauhan yata. 

So ganyan talaga Reynold, mahirap talaga maging pogi ( tiisin na natin bro... ) ::)

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pareng Reynold : Baka naman type ka lang :D  O baka naman naka leather jacket ka 8)  He he.

Anyway, ako naman nung first day ganun din.  Since maaga ako dun, may mga binitbit na akong mga boxsets habang nag-aayos pa lang sila.  E alam mo naman tayong mga pdvd members parang laging mauubusan eh.  There was this girl din na ang sama ng tingin sa akin.  Tama ka, wherever I go, tumitingin din.  Dagger looks talaga.  But when she saw me talking to Lotis and Jimmy Lim, medyo natauhan yata. 

So ganyan talaga Reynold, mahirap talaga maging pogi ( tiisin na natin bro... ) ::)

Hi Mattia,

Tama ka, mahirap maging pogi, haha ;D

Anyway, bumalik ako last monday, smooth naman ang pagbili ko sa kanila ;)

OT:
Parang naiba ata ang sorting ng Post natin ha, nasa 1st page na yung latest post, medyo nanibago ako, hehe ;D
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Parang naiba ata ang sorting ng Post natin ha, nasa 1st page na yung latest post, medyo nanibago ako, hehe ;D

Whatchutalkinboutwillis?
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
OT:

Mine's still the same.  I read this on the last page ( page 4 ). Baka naiba yun settings mo bro?  But I believe only the Admin can do this. Hmmm... baka naman dvdpinoy ka na nag log kaya baliktad din ???

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
He must have put a check on the "Show most recent posts at the top" option in his profile.. unchecking it would do the trick..

By boredfilmmaker

Offline dshowstapa

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Oh no I missed this one. Yan ang napapala pag di madalas nag oonline.  ;D when's the next sale? ???
Don't buy pirated cds...DVD is better.

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
He must have put a check on the "Show most recent posts at the top" option in his profile.. unchecking it would do the trick..

By boredfilmmaker

Oh i see, sorry people, my bad, hehe tao lang ;D
Thanks ;)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Noob question lang po: R1 po ba yun mga dvd na may nakalagay "imported dvd"?

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
R3. Lately, Imported means iit's more likely to be DVD9.
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Noob question lang po: R1 po ba yun mga dvd na may nakalagay "imported dvd"?

Still Region 3 but minted/mastered abroad.  The dvd region code is usually found at the back cover.

For more on region coding, this might be of some help:

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.10

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Thanks for the replies ;D