Author Topic: What's really the best way to have your item shipped to the Philippines?  (Read 16445 times)

Offline DevilHands

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Assuming I don't have any relatives abroad? I do know about Johnny Air Cargo from reading people's experience on the forums, but personally I think the price is a bit pricey if I am gonna buy DVD's on ebay to whom sellers usually sell only 1 DVD at a time... tapos kailangan maghanap pa ako ng ibang seller for other DVD title so.. from what I learned para sa JAC lumalabas kailangan akong magbayad ng dalawang shipping fee kasi magiging seperate nga naman yun items dahil hindi galing sa iisang seller.

I also don't like how they still charge $50 for electronics handling fee per unit. Lumalabas kasi pareho lang presyo kung bibili ka dito tsaka mas less hassle pa kung sa pinas ka na bibili. The reason why I consider learning to purchase online is to be able to get cheaper and more variety of products, dami din akong nagustuhan sa ebay but I really want to get more tips on shopping online specially shopping DVD's/Blurays sa ebay.

Oh! and I do hope Cd's and DVD's are not considered as an electronic item for JAC

« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2008 at 11:49 PM by DevilHands »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Assuming I don't have any relatives abroad? I do know about Johnny Air Cargo from reading people's experience on the forums, but personally I think the price is a bit pricey if I am gonna buy DVD's on ebay to whom sellers usually sell only 1 DVD at a time... tapos kailangan maghanap pa ako ng ibang seller for other DVD title so.. from what I learned para sa JAC lumalabas kailangan akong magbayad ng dalawang shipping fee kasi magiging seperate nga naman yun items dahil hindi galing sa iisang seller.

I also don't like how they still charge $50 for electronics handling fee per unit. Lumalabas kasi pareho lang presyo kung bibili ka dito tsaka mas less hassle pa kung sa pinas ka na bibili. The reason why I consider learning to purchase online is to be able to get cheaper and more variety of products, dami din akong nagustuhan sa ebay but I really want to get more tips on shopping online specially shopping DVD's/Blurays sa ebay.

Oh! and I do hope Cd's and DVD's are not considered as an electronic item for JAC

i think if you want to be cost efficient using jac, you should patronize dvd selling sites that offer free shipping like amazon. so that you dont pay double for shipping. and no, jac does not treat dvds and cds as electronic, so its $6 per pound + $5 per shipment as handling fee. average number of disc per pound is 4 pcs.

but if you really insist for the cheapest, i think balik bayan boxes via sea freight is the cheapest because the biggest box cost only 70$ to ship but it will arrive around 1-2 months and of course since you cant fill up a whole balik bayan box right away, you have to pay consolidation fee to the company handling the balik bayan box for you.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
i think if you want to be cost efficient using jac, you should patronize dvd selling sites that offer free shipping like amazon. so that you dont pay double for shipping. and no, jac does not treat dvds and cds as electronic, so its $6 per pound + $5 per shipment as handling fee. average number of disc per pound is 4 pcs.

but if you really insist for the cheapest, i think balik bayan boxes via sea freight is the cheapest because the biggest box cost only 70$ to ship but it will arrive around 1-2 months and of course since you cant fill up a whole balik bayan box right away, you have to pay consolidation fee to the company handling the balik bayan box for you.

How much ba usually ang consolidation fee if I go for balikbayan box?

With regards to JAC, even if you have packages from separate merchants, you will only be charge one handling fee as long as the packages arrives all in a week.  I was able also to have 5 packages (DVDs sent in separate bubblepaks) from 1 merchant considered as 1 package (1 invoice) and 1 handling fee.

So, if you have several packages, make sure they arrive in NY or NJ in the same week para isa na lang handling fee babayaran mo.

I would recommend buying DVDs or Blu-ray at Amazon rather than at eBay.   
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008 at 12:29 AM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
iinaslao - what company would you recommend that gives those service? I am thinking it's worth the wait, if I am gonna purchase big electronics online.

oreoshake- how do you count 1 week sa JAC? I mean kunwari natanggap nila sa tuesday one of the package, kailangan ba matangap nila before next tuesday or pwede pa sa next tuesday yun other package para masama pa as one shipping? Still though... parang medyo risky din ito kasi bidding sa ebay eh hehe... I don't think sellers are willing to wait for you to win all the items you like, assuming they come from a different seller.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008 at 08:39 AM by DevilHands »

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Parang medyo mahirap mag balikbayan box kapag wala ka kakilalang tao. Lalo na if you'll be purchasing from multiple merchants. Baka mamaya hindi maganda ang pagkalagay sa box at magkawasak wasak yung mga DVDs. For electronics I'm not sure if you have to conform to the balikbayan box size of the forwarder, common sizes are 23" x 20" x 17" and 24" x 24" x 18". I believe some are willing to quote depending on box dimensions plus weight.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
oreoshake- how do you count 1 week sa JAC? I mean kunwari natanggap nila sa tuesday one of the package, kailangan ba matangap nila before next tuesday or pwede pa sa next tuesday yun other package para masama pa as one shipping? Still though... parang medyo risky din ito kasi bidding sa ebay eh hehe... I don't think sellers are willing to wait for you to win all the items you like, assuming they come from a different seller.

Within the week is Mon to Sat of that week.. Kaya nga I would recommend buying directly sa merchants rather than bidding sa eBay.. Come to think of it, the winning price when you bid in eBay is almost the same as the lowest selling price of say third party merchants in Amazon..
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
I see... thanks Oreoshake! I would buy sa Amazon na lang... and btw I have a question about buying from sellers sa Amazon... nasa thread siya ng Amazon dito hehe... bago ko lang siya napost. Hope you could answer my queries there... Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM by DevilHands »

Offline chimpanshane

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • It's Casual
  • Liked:
Does anyone tried FRS

Offline Columbia

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 817
Does anybody tried Global Cargo Movers? I had a box that suppose to arrive last Friday (according to their website tracking) but not a text or call from their local forwarder..
Columbia

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
does amazon ship bd and dvd to philippines?

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
does amazon ship bd and dvd to philippines?

Yes

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Yes

thats nice the only problem is customs still overcharging

Offline Columbia

• Collector
  • Liked:
I use to order some of my bds from Amazon and had it delivered directly to Mindanao,Ph. I was not charged extra (tax,etc). The only problem is that some of my bd were lost. But thanks to Amazon, I got a refund.

ps
at least 6 weeks of wait from the time of shipping til it arrived.
Columbia

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I use to order some of my bds from Amazon and had it delivered directly to Mindanao,Ph. I was not charged extra (tax,etc). The only problem is that some of my bd were lost. But thanks to Amazon, I got a refund.

ps
at least 6 weeks of wait from the time of shipping til it arrived.

if there are no extra charge thats great, what shipping method did you use?

Offline Columbia

• Collector
  • Liked:
Amazon labels it as "Standard Shipping", which means they send it to you via post office..
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2012 at 06:22 AM by columbia »
Columbia

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Usually via USPS.. If total cost is less than $50.00, usually walang tax.. Matagal nga lang bago dumating..

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
medyo hassle lang talaga dyan ung post office based sa other thread buwaya mga tao dun

Offline Ian Villaceran

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
When best you mean cheaper then I suggest go with the standard USPS First Class. For hassle-free, pay the price and get Fedex or UPS. I don't really recommend DHL. :)

Offline meimei

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:

that exactly is my problem. i ordered DVDs online and have them shipped here in the Phils, i paid so much for customs charges thru DHL. the charge was so significant and makes it very discouraging for me to order online.

-------------------------

^@Ian Villaceran, what's your bad experience with DHL that you don't recommend it? is it also the high charges or did you experience another problem with them? i'm still contemplating where to order online and how to have it shipped.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2012 at 10:55 PM by meimei »

Offline DevilHands

• Collector
  • Liked:
Buhay pa pala itong thread. :)) Ive used JAC for my purchases from Xbox360 to blurays. So far happy naging experience ko. Just starting to use them again. :) Sa Amazon na lang ako bumibili, and from what I remembered I dont think JAC charged me $50 electronic handling fee sa aking Xbox360.

Offline realsteel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
JAC din ang gamit ko perfect pag books ang binibili mo
aaudioproacd1
toshiba40pu200

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Kung maliit/magaang yung item(s), i use JAC. The item arrives in about a week.

Kung mabigat or bulky yung item(s), I use PO Box. It takes around 30-45 days to arrive but it's cheaper.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2013 at 10:59 AM by Billabong »

Offline realsteel

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Kung maliit/magaang yung item(s), i use JAC. The item arrives in about a week.

Kung mabigat or bulky yung item(s), I use PO Box. It takes around 30-45 days to arrive but it's cheaper.
like anong mga items bro? plan ko kasi dati bs speakers.
aaudioproacd1
toshiba40pu200

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
like anong mga items bro? plan ko kasi dati bs speakers.

Personally, kung mga Blu-ray, CDs, books, computer paraphernalia, small electronic gadgets that are only about 2lbs or less... JAC.

Kung mga speakers, subs, TVs, projectors, receivers... PO BOX / FOREX.

But if money is no object and gusto mo lang na mabilis makarating yung package mo... JAC.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
is PO BOX reliable? any users here have any experience with them..I really want an item in the US and I am not in a hurry to receive the item and because the shipping fee will not cost an arm and leg..

Offline bartender

• Collector
  • Neknek mo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 117
is PO BOX reliable? any users here have any experience with them..I really want an item in the US and I am not in a hurry to receive the item and because the shipping fee will not cost an arm and leg..

What do you mean my reliable?  Absolute, as in 100%?, then probably not, mostly because of US Customs inspections.  I use Forex (same company as PO Box) and so far it's all good though it does take some time.
Pwede naman magtagalog.  Let's make PDVD a better place.  https://www.englishgrammar101.com

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
What do you mean my reliable?  Absolute, as in 100%?, then probably not, mostly because of US Customs inspections.  I use Forex (same company as PO Box) and so far it's all good though it does take some time.

thanks for the reply sir..I will search for this forex company..I hope I will have a good experience with them if I decided to go with their services..

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Just sharing my experience lately with customs:

A replacement item (electronics) sent from HK, 3 pcs., of declared value = USD$6.

Arrived at my office via DHL ....... customs charges = Php 550 roughly $USD12++

Imagine 200% of the declared value ...... haaays :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
hala bakit sir?

I am trying FOREX now..hopefully I will have good results on this transaction

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
^ I just want to update this thread..my experience with FOREX was superb..having your items consolidated, packed is easy, customer reps are very helpful, status and progress can be monitored..also my items were delivered at gf's doorstep less than 30 days..and they delivered it on a Sunday! great service..now I know where to go when I want something from the US.