Author Topic: Ricky Lee's PARA KAY B - book launch Nov 30, 2008  (Read 2187 times)

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ricky Lee's PARA KAY B - book launch Nov 30, 2008
« on: Nov 24, 2008 at 03:12 PM »
from my inbox:

This is Ricky Lee.  I am launching my first novel, PARA KAY B (o kung paano dinevastate ng pag-ibig ang 4 out of 5 sa atin), on November 30, Sunday, 4pm, at the Bahay Ng Alumni, UP, QC.

This is the realization of a lifelong dream for me so I would like to celebrate it with people I have worked with and held dear through the years.  Your presence would mean a lot.  Since this book is self-published, you can also help me keep the price low (P220.00) by spreading the word and encouraging friends to buy before the launch. 

Thank you very much!

added info:

P220.00 is pre-launch price which you can order through Bookmark and claimed at the launch.  Launching price of book is P250.00
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2008 at 03:18 PM by voj »

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Ricky Lee's PARA KAY B - book launch Nov 30, 2008
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2008 at 02:36 PM »
My sister-in-law gave me the book last week and I can't put it down! From my work station, during my breaks up to going to snooze box, I read and bring it with me.

More raves later........!
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2008 at 12:46 PM by keating »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 07:59 PM »
I should buy this soon. I went to Ricky Lee's house this week and I couldn't find a copy. I'm going to a party of his at the 29th. I'll ask then.

voj, what batch are you? Kilala ba kita?

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
voj, what batch are you? Kilala ba kita?

??? ??? If you mean, was I part of his class? No, I wasn't.  Knew`him from his cousin.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2008 at 11:45 PM »
??? ??? If you mean, was I part of his class? No, I wasn't.  Knew`him from his cousin.

Oh, I see.

Yeah, I meant his class/workshop.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 28, 2008 at 08:45 AM »
i just bought the book. i have yet to read it though.
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Beautiful, poignant, hilarious. The characters still continue to haunt me after I put down the book exactly before the clock chimes in to 12 midnight ushering the 1st day of 2009. Ricky Lee writes from the heart and soul. Here you'll find 8 fascinating characters named Irene, Sandra, Erica, Ester, Bessie, Jordan, Jake and Lucas. All looking and seeking for love and happiness, actually almost all have the same purpose in life including the minor characters. The book is divided into 5 parts plus one concluding chapter, an excerpt for his next novel titled ASWANG, and acknowledgement.

Was he cynical? YES. In the fourth story, he simply wrote......ang great love mo hindi mo makakatuluyan. Words that can break a man's heart. A childhood love, an incest relationship, a playboy who finally met his match, a closet lesbian, a writer who falls in love to a promiscuous woman. These are the fascinating people that you'll find in this book. I enjoyed tremendously the fourth story of Erica and Jake, especially Mrs. Baylon who still keeps the ashes of her dead husband, the mother of Jake its a fantasy combined with realism and comically hilarious.

There are so many questions that I want to ask him, why do these characters have to suffer? Is there really a place called Maldiaga on this planet? It seems that people just fall in love just to suffer the consequences. Amidst all of these frustrations, will there be redemption especially for Lucas the writer who dedicate the title of his book......PARA KAY B? Its for you to find out. I want a sequel or a book two.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009 at 02:50 PM by keating »

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 02:17 PM »
I bought the book directly from the man himself during his annual Christmas party. I'm gonna read it after I finish this one book.

Offline keating

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2009 at 02:39 PM »
You should start reading it, Klaus. The closet lesbian character on the fourth story certainly deserves all the happiness no matter what happens.

If only Ishmael Bernal is still alive , he can give justice to the book.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2009 at 02:42 PM by keating »