Author Topic: WestTRACK Amp  (Read 21883 times)

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
WestTRACK Amp
« on: Dec 10, 2008 at 06:01 AM »
Good AM! Any1 know about a 1000 watts Westrack Brand Assembled Amp... Where to get it, price tag... My friend told me about the amp, his cousin use it for a mobile set up, he dont know the power rating of an Amp.. He says it was bought 2 years ago at Binondo at a Electronic Store, DECIBEZ.. Sad to hear from him he dont know Where it is in Binondo.... Street?? Sketch, LandMarks or Stores beside DECIBEZ for easy hunting.. Any1?? ka pinoyDVD know exact address of DECIBEZ?? Thanks!

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
Re: WestTRACK Amp
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 08:47 AM »
Ongpin/F. Torres St.....it is nearby the firestation.....opposite from Watson's.... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM »
WOW!!! Salamat toL.... Merry Christmas!

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2008 at 07:57 AM »
Any Reiviews bout WestRack Performance.. Mga Pro sa Audio Set up baka may idea kayu bout da WestRack Amp.. Performance,Price Tag at sound quality.. thanks!

Offline pilyo168

• Trade Count: (+183)
  • DVD Guru
  • If you dont feel your bass. Your subwoofer sucks.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 02:29 PM »
Any Reiviews bout WestRack Performance.. Mga Pro sa Audio Set up baka may idea kayu bout da WestRack Amp.. Performance,Price Tag at sound quality.. thanks!

the stock westrack performance lacks of low sensitivity and impedance drive capability they clip early at my dummy load 6ohms resistor on my osci. Good lang ito for 8ohms full range spectrum of 20 to 20khz use.

Unless you know how to mod and the bias and nfb circuit. its the same circuit as my amp1 and amp2 with steroids.

my designs modded with separate differential regulated supply protecting the pre output driver and final stage out from harm. but the design is not suitable for burst signals that goes beyond 1 to 10hz for some reasons. sometimes it will trick the protection to activate for a few seconds. but if you have subsonic filter it will handle continuous sub freq 15hz to 20khz sweet juice for 24/7.

the real deal is my amp3 and 4 designs. its pure RMS rating is real. it is built for sub frequency abuse use. The feature function is the capability for driving impedance upto to dangerous low 2ohms w/o overheating.

pasyal ka sa house for demo.

http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=734004

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 03:02 PM »

i have not bought any kits from them as i diy my own like pilyo here ;D
.....for the cliamed power rating i find the heatsinks too skimpy, you will have to train fans on them to keep them cool when using them on sustained high volume levels.

likewise, all depends on the power tranformer you are going to use as the traffo will determine how much power is delivered to your speakers prior to clipping...

OTOH, having large power traffo may not be wise either as the amp modules can break down when using huge traffos...

so my advice is to use if with extreme care..... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 03:26 PM »
i have not bought any kits from them as i diy my own like pilyo here ;D
.....for the cliamed power rating i find the heatsinks too skimpy, you will have to train fans on them to keep them cool when using them on sustained high volume levels.

likewise, all depends on the power tranformer you are going to use as the traffo will determine how much power is delivered to your speakers prior to clipping...

OTOH, having large power traffo may not be wise either as the amp modules can break down when using huge traffos...

so my advice is to use if with extreme care..... ;D

master tony simple ka pa diyan. nakausap ko si william wong owner ng swed westrack. The amp secret really relies on transfo. i now use some techniques to beat costly toroid w/ better efficiency. am doing mas produce on them now.  but will accept order ulit on jan 2009 na.

btw train sink like this? choo choo  ;D

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 08:39 PM »
Kasi yung westRack they are using Transistors like you...2SC2922 and 2SA1216... halus they are they identical sa ginawa mung amp1... My question is kaya ba nang AmP1 ang 1000 watts double magnet T&T subwoofer speaker na nabili ko sa Raon??? Rule of a thumb kasi sabi nang pinag bilhan ko nang Speaker, I shud use daw an AmP with a Power Rating of 1600 waTTs para maganda ang sound nang Speaker... 

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 08:51 PM »
Sa 24 of Dec.pwd???  yun lang kasi ang available date na pwd ako maka punta sa haws mu... Any modification sa Amp1??? yung amp 3and 4 pwd sa 18 inch na T&T??? dalawang amp3 or 4??? Bridged?? Pwd kaya sa 18 inch.. ..

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2008 at 09:06 PM »
Kasi yung westRack they are using Transistors like you...2SC2922 and 2SA1216... halus they are they identical sa ginawa mung amp1... My question is kaya ba nang AmP1 ang 1000 watts double magnet T&T subwoofer speaker na nabili ko sa Raon??? Rule of a thumb kasi sabi nang pinag bilhan ko nang Speaker, I shud use daw an AmP with a Power Rating of 1600 waTTs para maganda ang sound nang Speaker... 

there are three models on westrak 120, 200 and 300watts the 300watt model requires 6 TB34 transistors on 8ohms circuit design compliant. The diff from my amp1 uses same TB34 but in double barrel config symmetry with 16pcs 8pcs 2SC2922 and 8pcs 2SA1216. and a very large transformer almost the size of welding machine and can go 2ohms straight.   :o

imho my amp3 will be most suitable for your spk. The raon guys must have said 1600watts peak. since my amp3 is 800watts raw RMS output or 1600watts peak it will handle your sub as the raon guys referring.

This amp 3 is also been tested for 18inch xxx RE a P77K sub during the transhow last august at roadstar boot. believe it or not the test tone of 20hz  shows an Xmax of 5 to 6 inches of excursion the bass was totally mind boggling. i wish i could afford those sub.

btw. by dec24 wala na ako sa pasay. will stay at my parents house in pque  till jan.
if you can make it dec22 sa pasay mas ok. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2008 at 10:48 PM by pilyo168 »

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 10:54 AM »
there are three models on westrak 120, 200 and 300watts the 300watt model requires 6 TB34 transistors on 8ohms circuit design compliant. The diff from my amp1 uses same TB34 but in double barrel config symmetry with 16pcs 8pcs 2SC2922 and 8pcs 2SA1216. and a very large transformer almost the size of welding machine and can go 2ohms straight.   

these westrack amps can use those Conrad Engineering cast aluminum heatsinks for better heat handling....

a 300 watter mono amp traffo will weigh in at least 10kgs.... ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM »
decibez - florentino torres street. sta.cruz manila - tel# 7330651 look for sharon

parang meron nga westrack doon. 2-3wks ago napadaan ako.

chk out their old stocks from the 80s particularly speaker drivers. may nakamichi horn tweeter 1.6k@ yata ang laki its packaged with 6.8uf yellow poly cap. may soundtrack drivers din and some horn tweeters.

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 06:22 AM »
 :D  So sir?? Your final Word.. anu yung pinaka "RESETA" mo? What shud I pick?? Since its all TB34 package.. AMP3 bridged?? Pwde kaya ??? As to be used to my 18 inch 1000 watts Sub.. Or, the Monster  "AMP1" ???  If you decide sir pilyo not watching the price tag..Which performs "BEtteR" to my speaker... THANKS!

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 06:53 AM »
:D  So sir?? Your final Word.. anu yung pinaka "RESETA" mo? What shud I pick?? Since its all TB34 package.. AMP3 bridged?? Pwde kaya ??? As to be used to my 18 inch 1000 watts Sub.. Or, the Monster  "AMP1" ???  If you decide sir pilyo not watching the price tag..Which performs "BEtteR" to my speaker... THANKS!

Sir two amp3 would be nice to drive your FOUR 18inch full blast 24/7.

its like having 12 cylinder engine on 18inch mini cooper.   :o

Offline Huddaf

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM »
Sir two amp3 would be nice to drive your FOUR 18inch full blast 24/7.

its like having 12 cylinder engine on 18inch mini cooper.   :o

Nice hehehe

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 07:39 PM »
hahahaa..  :D  It's already mind boggling Sir Pilyo...Four (4) 18 inches in amp3 bridged??? No joke??? haha  ok.... Sir txt na lng kita for a Visit sa haws mu... Galing mu Mag Market! Strictly, No visual ! just a FuLL Flavored high seasoning dishes SERVED  to your Customer to satisfy their QuestionS! Aprub! hahaha  Merry Christmas!  GOD SPEED! sa product mo...  :)

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 07:42 PM »
Oweidah...  SALAMAT!  :) 

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 08:22 PM »
hahahaa..  :D  It's already mind boggling Sir Pilyo...Four (4) 18 inches in amp3 bridged??? No joke??? haha  ok.... Sir txt na lng kita for a Visit sa haws mu... Galing mu Mag Market! Strictly, No visual ! just a FuLL Flavored high seasoning dishes SERVED  to your Customer to satisfy their QuestionS! Aprub! hahaha  Merry Christmas!  GOD SPEED! sa product mo...  :)

sobra ka naman sir.

ikaw pa lang first customer ko.  ;D

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 09:36 PM »
Ha????  :o ??? hehee  ako pa lng??  I thot marami nang naka bili sau nang amp.. Hmmm??? ::)   Amp3  bridged?? Pwd sir??? Nakita ko sa PinoyDvD, negative feedback kayu... Ok txt2 na lng...Thanks!

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2008 at 09:56 PM »
Ha????  :o ??? hehee  ako pa lng??  I thot marami nang naka bili sau nang amp.. Hmmm??? ::)   Amp3  bridged?? Pwd sir??? Nakita ko sa PinoyDvD, negative feedback kayu... Ok txt2 na lng...Thanks!

ha meron na ako neg feedback? o gawa gawa mo lang yan. >:(

i guess you cannot buy my amp anymore. you are now banned on my list ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2008 at 10:06 PM by pilyo168 »

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 10:15 AM »
HAHAHA! I min zero negative FEEDBACK... sir na mis interpret mo...HAHAha  puru lahat positive....nice to know... plenty of praises in your name....  ;D

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM »
 ;D pilyo is one of the  nice guys, though i have not met him personally, he had plenty of deals at tipidpc.com and is a respected member there, this much i know.... ;D

the Westrack amps, specially the high power ones, are Super Leach amp clones looking at the way they are constructed...they certeinly can use the Conrad Heatsinks to make them more heat stable...
« Last Edit: Dec 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM by TonyT »

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 02:06 PM »
My apology to you sir pilyo... I do not meant to upset you..wat i mean is "NO" negative feedback... Im sorry may mali ako sa subrang pag mamadali sa pag type..   I know a LOT of praises in your Name...Your ingenuinity is much known in your field as wat you choose... Im really sorry if I upset you... :'(  :'(   Sir bilis nyung magalit... You have limited patience pala...   SORRY... :(

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 2008 at 08:35 PM »
haha cant believe you fell for that. ;D 

No harm done. And you know am one of those circuit breaker fuse that doesnt trip. lol

merry christmas.  ;D

Master tony saan ba makakabili ng Conrad Heatsinks? baka pwede mo naman ako tulungan gumawa ng magandang casing for my amps. gusto ko sana mga tipong pwede na i display sa mga HT rooms. it seems wala talaga akong talent pag dating dun.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 04:59 AM »
pilyo,

http://www.conradheatsinks.com/products/flat100_350.html#MF30.......

if you happen to go to wiredstate.com there are sources available, like Mr. Rod Teope's musika amps have his chassis locally....for panels there is HDM technologies.....
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2008 at 05:06 AM by TonyT »

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 09:48 AM »
haha cant believe you fell for that. ;D 

No harm done. And you know am one of those circuit breaker fuse that doesnt trip. lol

merry christmas.  ;D

Master tony saan ba makakabili ng Conrad Heatsinks? baka pwede mo naman ako tulungan gumawa ng magandang casing for my amps. gusto ko sana mga tipong pwede na i display sa mga HT rooms. it seems wala talaga akong talent pag dating dun.
If you want a good design of Amp case pwede kita gawan (ng design ;D) just give me dimension of your panel including location of switches and knobs. I know HDM Technologies, we can make a good CNC design front panel. We can make anything you want regarding the design, the only problem is the COST

Sample ACAD design:(Not real color)

odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 01:28 PM »
 ;D  your amp3 pala sir pilyo.. how many TB34 ???  sa tipidpc nakita ko ang amp3 nyu P4750.00... pag dalawa ang bibilhin ko... how much???

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 02:42 PM »
pilyo,

http://www.conradheatsinks.com/products/flat100_350.html#MF30.......

if you happen to go to wiredstate.com there are sources available, like Mr. Rod Teope's musika amps have his chassis locally....for panels there is HDM technologies.....

ang ganda ng sinks. parang anak ni krell.  ;D

now pa lang ako mag member ng wiredstate. hehe

thanks master tony

If you want a good design of Amp case pwede kita gawan (ng design Grin) just give me dimension of your panel including location of switches and knobs. I know HDM Technologies, we can make a good CNC design front panel. We can make anything you want regarding the design, the only problem is the COST

Sample ACAD design:(Not real color)

wow nice!

heres some pic of the monoblock amp3 and 4.

possible dimensions 5h X 10w X 8d  

saan shop po ninyo sir?

;D  your amp3 pala sir pilyo.. how many TB34 ???  sa tipidpc nakita ko ang amp3 nyu P4750.00... pag dalawa ang bibilhin ko... how much???

4 - npn
4 - pnp

total 8

plus

10amp traffo

pag dalawa kunin mo bigyan kita case. pero ikaw assemble.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2008 at 06:35 PM by pilyo168 »

Offline Lilo_improbum

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 04:34 PM »
A Total of 8 TB34 in one channel? wow! sir pilyo ang power supply, gawa nyu? pwd ba ang power supply gawing 15 AMPERE???  thanks!

Offline pilyo168

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 23, 2008 at 06:34 PM »
yes pwede omit 10amp traffo ko. so i-less 1k pag custom made mo kahit ilan ampere just dont change the voltage.