Author Topic: Polk Audio Rti Series  (Read 185269 times)

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #960 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 03:31 PM »
@icemad small mo lang sir :) sa sub 80hz. sakto na yan sir,

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #961 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 03:37 PM »
@icemad small mo lang sir :) sa sub 80hz. sakto na yan sir,

For all the speakers sir? or for the front high lang and surrounds? Thank you sir! :)

Bale here's my current settings

RTI A3 Fronts - Large
CSI A6 - Large
FXI A4 - Small
Bose Accoustimass - Small
Subwoofer Frequency - 80hz

Ok na ba yan sir?
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014 at 03:39 PM by Icermad »

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #962 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 04:02 PM »
Small mo nalang din si A3 sir, let the sub do the rest nalang :)

Offline Icermad

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #963 on: Mar 03, 2014 at 04:14 PM »
Small mo nalang din si A3 sir, let the sub do the rest nalang :)

Alright sir! Thank you :)

Offline remixprod

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Polk Audio Rti Series
« Reply #964 on: Apr 16, 2014 at 09:02 PM »
Went to Audio Excellence earlier to get a TSx, went home with an RTi. Went home happy :) thanks Sanjay!

Offline Audio Excellence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Definitive Technology
  • Liked:
« Reply #965 on: Apr 16, 2014 at 10:09 PM »
Went to Audio Excellence earlier to get a TSx, went home with an RTi. Went home happy :) thanks Sanjay!

No problem, enjoy your new purchase.

Offline saolmatt

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #966 on: Apr 30, 2014 at 02:14 AM »
got a mint condition RTI A7 today from MP.

Offline ti

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Team JuanClick
  • Liked:
« Reply #967 on: May 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM »
ok po ba ang combination ng A3 sa onkyo nr626?
" POVERTY deprives me of some unnecessary things in life. "

Offline tein

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: May 15, 2014 at 02:15 PM »
ok po ba ang combination ng A3 sa onkyo nr626?

Yes good match

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: Jun 27, 2014 at 07:31 PM »
Check out the review of the Polk Audio Rti A9:

Polk RTi A9 Floorstanding Loudspeakers Reviewed

Incorporating many of the company's most advanced driver and cabinet technologies, as well as real wood-veneer cabinetry, Polk's RTI series provides an affordable alternative to those who don't want to step up into the real loudspeaker big leagues to get some advanced performance. The series offers three floorstanding models (RTi A9/reviewed here, RTi A7, RTi A5), two bookshelf models (RTi A3, RTi A1), two center models (CSi A6, CSi A4), and two surround models (FXi A6, FXi A4).

The flagship of its RTi line, you don't need to squint to see the RTi A9. It's...well...kind of big. When considering its affordable price ($1699.90 per pair, MSRP), at first glance you get the firm impression that, if nothing else, you are getting a lot of speaker for the money. Measuring 48.625 inches high by 8.875 inches wide by 21.375 inches deep and weighing in at a cool 75 pounds, the RTi A9 takes over a room in a big way. On the top, the design employs a 1-inch Silk Polymer Composite Dome Tweeter crossed over at 1.8kHz and 12dB per octave to two 5.25-inch Dynamic Balance midrange drivers. Polk cleverly houses the tweeter/midrange array in its own sealed sub-enclosure which the company says improves performance, and negates the need for porting. Developed in conjunction with Johns Hopkins University, Dynamic Balance® resulted from a laser interferometry research project that enables Polk to analyze the entire surface of a vibrating driver in real time, in order to determine the right combination of materials for the particular product.
The midrange drivers cross over at 120Hz at 12dB per octave to three 7-inch Polymer Composite woofers. The RTi A9 utilizes the company's PowerPort Plus technology, which consists of two ports - one front and one rear firing - supplemented by internal "plates" to reduce air turbulence and increase efficiency. Located under the woofer array, the large front port fits nicely into the cabinet with a silver fitting. The very slick rear port puts a cone at the mouth of the port to streamline airflow, reduce chuffing, and smooth out frequency response. But unlike most ports that simply end at the edge of the cabinet, Polk uses an elegant plate to terminate the PowerPort, which adds a wonderful cosmetic touch. The RTi A9 provides two sets of 5-way, gold-plated binding posts for bi-wiring/bi-amping. As with all the RTi designs, the RTi A9 features real-wood veneer side panels and utilizes an elegant, tapered cabinet design, which looks great on a big speaker while also likely improving performance by minimizing and diffusing internal standing waves.
Generally (although it has to be executed properly, of course), less boxy designs have the potential to sound better, as they can cancel internal resonances and quiet the enclosure. To that end, Polk also utilizes its DAHLI (Damped Asymmetric Hex Laminate Isolation) technology to thoroughly brace the cabinet with a six-layer laminate with five viscous layers. The RTi A9 offers two optional veneer finishes - Cherry and Black - with the Cherry really distinguishing itself. The removable grills, with nice looking molding on the top and bottom creating an elegant blend into the baffle, look good but their plastic construction sticks out just a tad. Without the grills, the drivers look great against the baffle and that helps, as it seems there's, like, eighteen of them. The overall fit and finish of the RTi A9 goes a bit beyond what one would expect at the price point, even by today's standards.
Sound
The RTi A9 presents a nominal 8 ohm load with a 91dB efficiency. It needed a solid boost in overall power quality to open up properly, and went up another notch when paired with better quality power sources.
Right off the bat, the RTi A9s hit you pretty hard with a crisp, punchy sound. They threw a deep, wide soundstage with very good imaging, with an upfront tonal balance that distracts from those qualities just a smidge. The high end, while certainly veering towards crispy, never offends and offers a lot of detail and speed. The midrange offers an excellent amount of musicality, inner detail and neutrality, meshes well with the top end and excels with vocals and piano. While Polk chose to play the midrange drivers down to 120Hz, which seems pretty low, the midrange doesn't seem to have suffered for it, nor does the bass, which really packs a punch and keeps things very tight and controlled.

It stays in time with the top end, adds its own dose of pace and musicality, and rarely sounds even a little sloppy and never sticks out too much. The RTi A9 also plays loud when powered properly, with very little breakup. In fact, the speaker rarely broke a sweat in this area. Even with the PowerPort Plus, the RTi A9 needed some room around it to sound its best, with the sound fattening up a little too much as it moved closer to walls. Overall, the RTi A9 delivers an excellent level of sonics with great pacing and dynamics, crisp imaging, and a healthy dose of refinement and transparency. The forward presentation can be defined as more of an overall flavor than an inferior aspect of one or more particular bands. Underneath it, nothing sticks out negatively, and the sound quality brings a ton of game on virtually every level.
High Points
• The RTi A9 provides a superb overall level of performance and musicality, with great soundstaging, a smooth and detailed high end and midrange, and punchy, extended bass.
•   The RTi A9 provides an impressive amount of design and technology, and looks fabulous in both of its finishes.
• The RTi A9 sounds as big, if not bigger, than its large footprint would suggest, with dynamics and bass capable of filling even very large rooms.

Low Points
•   The RTi A9 has a somewhat forward tonal balance.
•   The RTi A9 needs good quality power to perform optimally.
•   The RTi A9 needs some space around it to sound its best.
Conclusion
The Polk RTi A9 provides a remarkable level of performance and musicality for its affordable price. It also earns its way there, packing a ton of design into its large enclosure. Its minor sonic flaws never interfere with its excellent transparency, overall neutrality, big sound, and punchy bass. Large floorstanding speakers have come a long way over the years. Consumers can now expect to receive high-end design elements, lustrous finishes, and much improved performance from what the market offered even only five years ago. The Polk RTi A9 is indicative of that progress, and then some.

http://hometheaterreview.com/polk-rti-a9-floorstanding-loudspeakers-reviewed/

Offline nikolai1126

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #970 on: Aug 29, 2014 at 10:19 PM »
I was wondering what other brand and model of center channel will suit the sound of the rti a7 or would be better from polk's csi a6? :)

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #971 on: Sep 25, 2014 at 10:07 PM »
I was wondering what other brand and model of center channel will suit the sound of the rti a7 or would be better from polk's csi a6? :)

Only the Polk Audio CSi A4 or CSi A6 will match the RTi A7.

Offline Bolseye

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #972 on: Oct 26, 2014 at 04:33 PM »
Sir, May I ask if the Polk rti a3 can match with the  CS10
or should I just pair it with a tsx220? Thanks very much
« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2014 at 04:44 PM by Bolseye »

Offline kranoz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #973 on: Oct 27, 2014 at 01:08 PM »
Mga sir, can the RTiA3 be powered by T-amps?

Anyone tried it with smsl sa-36a pro?

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Dec 23, 2014 at 10:22 PM »
POLK AUDIO RTI A9

Audiophile-quality sound from a great-looking tower speaker

Meet the flagship speaker in Polk's newly redesigned RTi Series. The RTi A9 floor-standing tower speaker combines a handsome, real wood veneer finish with the kind of performance that pleases even critical listeners.

A high-tech approach to accurate sound

This speaker's carefully designed drivers undergo laser testing to help identify and eliminate resonance points, ensuring smooth, accurate response. Its asymmetric cabinet helps it deliver rich, clear sound by combating vibration and increasing rigidity. The A9 also includes Polk's exclusive PowerPort® technology that reduces noisy air turbulence and increases low-frequency output. You'll enjoy clear highs, rich bass, and open, natural-sounding midrange.

Product Highlights:
video-shielded
bass-reflex (ported) design
frequency response 30-26,000 Hz (-3dB)
handles 50-500 watts
1" Dynamic Balance® silk/polymer tweeter
two 5-1/4" Dynamic Balance polymer composite midrange drivers
three 7" Dynamic Balance polymer composite woofers
PowerPort Plus technology improves bass response without introducing distortion
8-ohm impedance
sensitivity 90 dB
dual 5-way binding post terminals
real wood veneer finish
10-11/16"W x 48-1/16"H x 21-1/2"D

Offline mugen394

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #975 on: Jan 03, 2015 at 11:28 PM »
hi guys, newbie here, i have a yamaha rx-v673 avr, and i'm planning on getting the polk rti a5 and csi a6 or dsw pro 550wi sw muna. medyo tight kasi ang budget, mag 2.1 or 3.0 muna ako, match po kaya itong avr ko with the speakers? hingin ko opinion and suggestion nyo guys. salamat :)

Offline zram18

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #976 on: Jan 04, 2015 at 12:11 AM »
ang alam ko sir pag polk speakers ang nasa setup,onkyo receiver ang the best matched jan. i dont know kung magandang combination pag yamaha receiver. pero ang onkyo-polk po kasi ang maraming beses ng napatunayan na matched talaga. try mo rin sir baka magustuhan mo ang yamaha-polk, kc kanya kanya din kc tayo ng gusto.

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #977 on: Jan 04, 2015 at 12:35 AM »
Yamaha + Polk will sound good. I speak from having the same set-up. Hth
hi guys, newbie here, i have a yamaha rx-v673 avr, and i'm planning on getting the polk rti a5 and csi a6 or dsw pro 550wi sw muna. medyo tight kasi ang budget, mag 2.1 or 3.0 muna ako, match po kaya itong avr ko with the speakers? hingin ko opinion and suggestion nyo guys. salamat :)
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: Jan 04, 2015 at 12:56 AM »
Got a pair of RTI A9 for $832 tax inclusive or Php33,000 during Boxing day sale. I am breaking them in using Onkyo TX-NR906 Bi-amped. So far i am loving it! Awesome deal for a great pair of speakers!

RTI A9 with my bunso and Monitor 75T on his left.
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2015 at 04:41 AM by nogie »

Offline exaltedgamer

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #979 on: Aug 17, 2015 at 07:07 PM »
Hi All, anyone here who has RTI A3 and tried it with Integrated amps? How was it?
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #980 on: Aug 17, 2015 at 07:32 PM »
Got a pair of RTI A9 for $832 tax inclusive or Php33,000 during Boxing day sale. I am breaking them in using Onkyo TX-NR906 Bi-amped. So far i am loving it! Awesome deal for a great pair of speakers!

RTI A9 with my bunso and Monitor 75T on his left.

Saan mo nabili eto sir? Amazon?
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015 at 07:35 PM by bongchillog »

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Aug 18, 2015 at 04:52 PM »
@exalted gamer

sir, i have tried RTI a3 with Pioneer A-20 integrated amp,and have the following observations:
1. maganda super clear ang details and highs pero medyo bright para sa akin yung combination, in the long run the music is tiring.
2. yung sound ng cymbals,maganda. as to low freq bass- ok lang naman (though not so strong)

i have also tried RTI a3 with NAD 326 bee integrated amp and have the following remarks:
1. i can say this combo is better than A3 and Pioneer A-20.
2. better clarity and details.
3. better bass (inherent characteristic of NAD amps)
4. nice mids and vocals.better imaging.

but when compared with an av receiver+RTI A3 combo, the result is not good for music even on direct/pure direct modes.

in the light of the foregoing, i can say that AV receivers (not the pricey high end receivers) cant bring out the full potential of RTI A3. while integrated amps can do this with ease.

just my observation though

Offline zram18

• DVD Addict
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: Aug 18, 2015 at 04:59 PM »
sir nogie, saan mo nabili RTIA9 mo? d2 kc sa pinas, RTI a7 pa lang, 50k plus na. RTI a9, 75k plus.

pero sa u, 33k pesos lang? kamura naman.hehe share mo naman sa amin saang store yan.

Offline exaltedgamer

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM »
@exalted gamer

sir, i have tried RTI a3 with Pioneer A-20 integrated amp,and have the following observations:
1. maganda super clear ang details and highs pero medyo bright para sa akin yung combination, in the long run the music is tiring.
2. yung sound ng cymbals,maganda. as to low freq bass- ok lang naman (though not so strong)

i have also tried RTI a3 with NAD 326 bee integrated amp and have the following remarks:
1. i can say this combo is better than A3 and Pioneer A-20.
2. better clarity and details.
3. better bass (inherent characteristic of NAD amps)
4. nice mids and vocals.better imaging.

but when compared with an av receiver+RTI A3 combo, the result is not good for music even on direct/pure direct modes.

in the light of the foregoing, i can say that AV receivers (not the pricey high end receivers) cant bring out the full potential of RTI A3. while integrated amps can do this with ease.

just my observation though

Very helpful feedback zram18 thanks! The reason why i'm asking is because I'm currently using Yamaha RX-V575 and bi-amped the front speakers. I'm on 5.1 and ok sya for movies but for music, parang sakto lang. Feeling ko I could really get more out of the A3 if integrated ang gagamitin and basing on your observations, I'm right!

I'm preparing to get an integrated amp so NAD is one of my options, hopefully, i could audtion to a lot more using my source. Nuforce BTR-100 lang kasi source ko because i often play from my sony devices. Maghahanap din ako mga 2nd integ amps.

Another question, may problem ba kapag 100-110v ang gamit vs 220v integ amps? Dami kasi sa sulit galing japan or us.

RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #984 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 12:25 PM »
Very helpful feedback zram18 thanks! The reason why i'm asking is because I'm currently using Yamaha RX-V575 and bi-amped the front speakers. I'm on 5.1 and ok sya for movies but for music, parang sakto lang. Feeling ko I could really get more out of the A3 if integrated ang gagamitin and basing on your observations, I'm right!

I'm preparing to get an integrated amp so NAD is one of my options, hopefully, i could audtion to a lot more using my source. Nuforce BTR-100 lang kasi source ko because i often play from my sony devices. Maghahanap din ako mga 2nd integ amps.

Another question, may problem ba kapag 100-110v ang gamit vs 220v integ amps? Dami kasi sa sulit galing japan or us.

avr for movies, integrated or separates amplifier for music.

the design of AVR is to produce sound and dialogues of movies while amplifiers is to produce music as it was recorded.    ;D

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 12:26 PM »
Hi All, anyone here who has RTI A3 and tried it with Integrated amps? How was it?

RTi A3 with integrated amp sounds great. I am using an Marantz amp and you can really hear every detail of the song. So crystal clear.

Offline bongchillog

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • DVD Guru
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #986 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 12:39 PM »
So rti a3 if used in ht like 5.1
Ok na yong onkyo receiver....

Pero kung used with music listening,
Mas maganda integrated amp?

Offline luis

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • All in heaven's time.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #987 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 01:14 PM »

for music, integrated or separates will do best.  avr best for movies.   ;D

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 01:20 PM »
has anyone tried Polk Rti A1 and NAD3020 combo?

Offline exaltedgamer

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Aug 20, 2015 at 01:26 PM »

Here is the answer..

avr for movies, integrated or separates amplifier for music.

the design of AVR is to produce sound and dialogues of movies while amplifiers is to produce music as it was recorded.    ;D

RTi A3 with integrated amp sounds great. I am using an Marantz amp and you can really hear every detail of the song. So crystal clear.

Hi Sanjay, what marantz integ amps were u using? Do you have units for sale? The DSW Pro 400 that I got from you is one of the best deals i got here :) You might have demo units that you need to dispose  ^-^
RX-V575
Rti A3
CSi A4
Fxi A6
DSW Pro 400