Author Topic: HT Furniture  (Read 65987 times)

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: HT Furniture
« Reply #60 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 12:29 PM »
thanks ninjababez and barrister.

btw barrister, what is that recliner. Very nice. May singles ba?

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #61 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 12:32 PM »
Wheels/casters are OK for floors of very hard materials such as cement or ceramic tile.

For wooden floors, wheels/casters will still leave marks, so dapat yung felt nail-on glides:

Does not affect strength/stability.  For four-legged structures, wobble is eliminated.  The felt on the longer legs compress, while the felt on the shorter legs remain the same.

Nice! I put the same but no nails...  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline koykoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • The answer my friend...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #62 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 03:53 PM »
nice thread. let me share my DIY corner HT furniture.  finishing could have been oil stained but the radiata pine (from armourwood) is sooo bad and not furniture grade.  i also DIY'ed the center table from matwood pine and it is way better.

i used ace paint (metro brown) for the finishing instead. though it is expensive, it only requires one coat with very nice results. if you look closer, you can also see the wood grains.

the sub is at the back and i noticed really weird sounds.  (i think this has to do with corner sound waves, need to study this further)

Offline audiojunkie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #63 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 04:06 PM »
nice thread. let me share my DIY corner HT furniture.  finishing could have been oil stained but the radiata pine (from armourwood) is sooo bad and not furniture grade.  i also DIY'ed the center table from matwood pine and it is way better.

i used ace paint (metro brown) for the finishing instead. though it is expensive, it only requires one coat with very nice results. if you look closer, you can also see the wood grains.

the sub is at the back and i noticed really weird sounds.  (i think this has to do with corner sound waves, need to study this further)

Nice! Corner Location...  :o  :o  :o

if you're having boomy effect from your Sub... and your AVR has room equalisation option it will help a lot tame down...  :D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline koykoy

• Collector
  • The answer my friend...
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 04:23 PM »
thanks. i havent heard that thing yet but ill try to explore the set-up menu of the AVR. its still the old Yamaha though (2003, I think)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #65 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 04:32 PM »
btw barrister, what is that recliner. Very nice. May singles ba?

No brand name, sir.  China generic lang.  Retailer is VICTORIA MONDIALE at Ortigas Home Depot, Pasig. 

Yes, meron silang single recliner chairs.  I remember they even have a rocking recliner.  I remember because it was really comfortable  ;D.

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2009 at 04:36 PM by barrister »

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #66 on: Apr 02, 2009 at 07:54 PM »
No brand name, sir.  China generic lang.  Retailer is VICTORIA MONDIALE at Ortigas Home Depot, Pasig. 

Yes, meron silang single recliner chairs.  I remember they even have a rocking recliner.  I remember because it was really comfortable  ;D.

thanks sir. will check them out.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #67 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 01:30 AM »
question lang po mga sir, ksi balak ko rin magpagawa, would it be ok kung may gulong (reason sa para malinis yung ilalim (floorwax at polisher ko minsan) or it will lessen yung stability at strength ng rack?

tia :)

Sir,

I would advise against using wheels ... the weight of the rack and the equipment would normally be an issue ... i used to have wheels on my previous rack - due to the weight, heat and usually stationary position, the rubber wheels melted after just a few months.

I'm now using thick 3M felt-like material that were stick-on the footings of the rack - works perfectly
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline kalash

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #68 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 08:44 PM »

due to the weight, heat and usually stationary position, the rubber wheels melted after just a few months.

I would say that it depends on the type of wheels you are using. Most of our A/V rack and computer table have wheels which are custom made and for years installed, none of the rubber wheels melted or deformed and this are all placed in a room which gets really hot at noon and in summer. Have not tried felts thou.

Offline pedro_domeck

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Apr 17, 2009 at 11:48 PM »
Very nice thread. Papakopya ko yung  bed ni sir Invinciible. Ganda  ;D pag me budget na  ::)

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #70 on: Apr 18, 2009 at 02:53 PM »

Sir,

I would advise against using wheels ... the weight of the rack and the equipment would normally be an issue ... i used to have wheels on my previous rack - due to the weight, heat and usually stationary position, the rubber wheels melted after just a few months.

I'm now using thick 3M felt-like material that were stick-on the footings of the rack - works perfectly

ok thanks sa advise sir  :)

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009 at 08:45 AM »
Nice reading the thread. Its good that sir barrister started this one. Very helpful one.

Share ko lang yung furniture shop that i frequently visiting right now since im canvassing and eyeing for modified furnitures para sa house na pinapagawa namin sa Antipolo. The name of the shop is Mandaue Foam in Cainta, its just along Ortigas Ext., left side if your heading Tikling area.

I was able to look for a pre-assembled rack that can handle a 50" plasma for only 5K+. A 3 seater recliner for only P30K+. Good quality.

If your near the place, better check. Dami din choices of design. This place seems to be a furniture haven for Antipolo, Cainta, Taytay residents. AFAIK they offer around 20% discount until May 15.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2009 at 01:22 PM »
furnitures narin lang ang pinaguusapan.. medyo nahirapan ako maghanap ng ganitong klaseng bed... actually di naman kelangan parehas exactly.. basta prehas ang idea. (space saving and folds into a secondary table or sofa).. lumapit ako sa isang furniture maker.. di daw nila kaya, walang mechanismo....

ganda lang kasi space saving.... babagay sa kwarto ko... (medyo nakakatamad na rin matulog sa ht room....nakakasawa na rin tumingin sa stars... pag gising ko sa umaga stars parin nakikita ko.. masisiraan na ako ng ulo..)

www.hiddenbed.com

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2009 at 03:00 PM »
Magandang idea, pero delikado ang custom-made niyan.

Mahirap talagang makahanap ng mechanism para diyan.  Pero kahit makakuha ka ng mechanism, duda ako kung ayos ang magiging implementation.

It's just too complicated.  Siguradong may magiging problema -- may sasayad, may masisirang part, may mawawala sa alignment, etc. 

Baka maipit pa ang bata diyan ...  :P 

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2009 at 03:37 PM »
Uso na ba yung loft/elevated bed sa atin?  Yung tipong double deck ang taas pero blank sa baba.    You can determine the height depending on your preference.  Then you can use yung space below the bed for many purposes (sofa, sampayan, closet, HT cabinet, PC cabinet, tagu taguan space, little warehouse - just cover it nicely with some drapes to conceal what's inside).

Yun nga lang kelangan mataas ceiling mo, otherwise pede mo nang gawing writing board yung ceiling while lying down on bed.   :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009 at 03:44 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2009 at 03:53 PM »
I just saw this thread. Maganda. I too do a lot of my HT furniture DIY (excepts seats) cuz (among other things) the ready-made ones are just too expensive. Just one comment:

I notice that some people locate the center speaker on one of the lower shelves of the equipment rack, i.e., it sits on a shelf which is below another shelf. This is not a very good set-up, for two reasons:

1. The tweeter should point at the ears of the listener. It’s often difficult to do this when the speaker is squeezed between 2 shelves.

2. The presence of a shelf both above and below the center speaker will adversely affect its sound quality. Actually, the best location is to have it free standing. Second best would be to put it on the top shelf.

Keep in mind that the most important speaker in an HT set-up is the center speaker.

No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline T33K0Y

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #76 on: Jun 12, 2009 at 08:53 AM »
Brader, ganda tv rack mo. Kaya lang kung 50" plasma kayanin pa din kaya nung top shelf? Kung doble patong ng marine plyboard ok kaya? Or kaya na ng isang layer lang ng plyboard? Ty. :)

Sir, join ako dito sa thread mo ... i had my AV rack upgraded a few months ago ... it was also custom-made following Bello design and specs ... the only difference with the Bello design is that mine used a wooden top, the Bello design used a black tampered glass on top ... here's the picture -

and here's the design and model that was made as reference -

the price was PhP 12k ... my reason for choosing this design is that i wanted a wider AV rack that can accommodate three AV components on one shelf and the center speaker on the other shelf, plus some additional room for future AV component or other stuff (display items)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #77 on: Jul 26, 2009 at 11:26 AM »
Brader, ganda tv rack mo. Kaya lang kung 50" plasma kayanin pa din kaya nung top shelf? Kung doble patong ng marine plyboard ok kaya? Or kaya na ng isang layer lang ng plyboard? Ty. :)

sir, following the specs of the bello design that was used as reference, the rack is designed for 60-inch flat panel tv ... i agree that you may have to reinforce the top, or another option is to add a tempered glass at the top
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 07:01 AM »
Mga kaibigan patulong naman.

Someone posted about a big furniture shop sa Ortigas near Cainta.  I thought it was this thread.  Saan banda nga ba ulit yun?   I need to look for another HT cabinet habang bakasyon.

Salamats!

Offline sanmig_ph

• DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #79 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 07:28 AM »

Someone posted about a big furniture shop sa Ortigas near Cainta.  I thought it was this thread.  Saan banda nga ba ulit yun?   I need to look for another HT cabinet habang bakasyon.

Salamats!

Sir hindi ba yung Firniture?may website din sila eh.
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 08:06 AM »

Someone posted about a big furniture shop sa Ortigas near Cainta.  I thought it was this thread.  Saan banda nga ba ulit yun?   I need to look for another HT cabinet habang bakasyon.

Salamats!

Baka yung Reply # 71 above ang sinasabi mo sir, about Mandaue Foam?

... Share ko lang yung furniture shop that i frequently visiting right now since im canvassing and eyeing for modified furnitures para sa house na pinapagawa namin sa Antipolo. The name of the shop is Mandaue Foam in Cainta, its just along Ortigas Ext., left side if your heading Tikling area. ...

Madalas mabanggit yan dito, e:

i just got a 2-seater leather recliner from Mandaue Foam for +/- 19k (they have a promo of 20% off on all items for cash payment). its more compact than the one pictured and without any middle arm rest and cup holder.

3-seater leather goes for 32k less 20%. 3-seater micro fiber goes for 28k less 20%. they only have dark brown and beige for the leather recliners.

Promo is until Dec 15 kaya babalik ulit ako to get a dining set  ;D

sa Cainta sir, btw I just learned about the store fr. the other thread . . . topic is also about home theater seats.

Mandaue Foam Furniture Showroom
owned and operated by -
Philfoam Furnishing Industries, Inc.
KM. 23 Ortigas Avenue Extension, Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
Tel. Nos.: (632)656-6810,
               656-6804, 660-6457

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009 at 08:21 AM by barrister »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jul 31, 2009 at 09:41 AM »
Thank you very very much Mr. Barrister!   :)

Now going out to check Mandaue Furnitures. 

Offline bogart.2006

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1895
« Reply #82 on: Aug 24, 2009 at 09:48 PM »
Yung 3 seater leather with individual arm rest and cup holder mga 40K+ but not more than 50K depende sa style. Meron din sila katulad kay sir barrister na sofa type. Dalawang klase ang material nila, leather and microfiber. Yung 2 seater ko (reclining at 90" and individual cup holder) na microfiber 29K, not sure kung same price pa rin ngayon.

Sir, san ung shop ng finiture?

Offline comitatus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 02:04 AM »
@barrister

the sofa looks really nice, where did you buy that and how much was it?

this is a very nice thread...after the home theatre, furniture naman (magastos) :D
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 08:44 AM »

It's a China-made generic.

Price is P60k; store's name is VICTORIA MONDIALE, Ortigas Home Depot, 2nd Floor, Unit 211, No. 1 Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

Offline comitatus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM »
It's a China-made generic.

Price is P60k; store's name is VICTORIA MONDIALE, Ortigas Home Depot, 2nd Floor, Unit 211, No. 1 Julia Vargas Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.

ok i'll go there mamaya, after work (kung makaalis ako ng maaga) you have their number?

thanks ;)
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
I don't have a contact number.

But try 634-1642.  I got that from a google search that hit this page: http://www.goojoob.com/zz/Victoria-Mondiale.html

Offline SpoonEK9

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Aug 25, 2009 at 03:22 PM »
mga sir san po kaya meron ng ganitong chair?

*got the pic from BLIMS kaso sobrang mahal sa kanila e (5 digits)

meron na po ako nakita sa SM na 2-seater for P8000 pero baka kasi meron pa nagbebenta ng mas mura

ilagay ko sana sa TV room namin.

thanks po

Offline chrisrhob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:02 PM »
Had this piece of furniture custom made, its not much but it does the job of hiding unsightly wires :)

Offline brogger

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:16 PM »
mga sir san po kaya meron ng ganitong chair?

*got the pic from BLIMS kaso sobrang mahal sa kanila e (5 digits)

meron na po ako nakita sa SM na 2-seater for P8000 pero baka kasi meron pa nagbebenta ng mas mura

ilagay ko sana sa TV room namin.

thanks po

Saang SM po may 2 seater, and what color??.

I found a 2 seat at Play n Display for 24K. Kung meron neto na tig 8K and color white, I will take it.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM by brogger »