Author Topic: Atheism/Agnosticism in the Philippines  (Read 79307 times)

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
Re: Atheism/Agnosticism in the Philippines
« Reply #1110 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 08:49 AM »
Ano po ba yung missing link? nakita na po ba?  ;D ;D ;D

Hindi daw talaga makita ang missing link. Kasi we were made. Kaya bigla nalang lumitaw ang tao. Similar to what would happen we we cross breed a horse and a donkey which will produce an ass. And yung male and female ass will not reproduce, kasi hybrid sila. Yun daw ang nangyari sa tao. And in order to reproduce, we need an Eve.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1111 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:18 AM »
The atheist are those who do not pray, they just live the way they want. but it seems they have better lives.  :-\
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #1112 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 11:26 AM »
The atheist are those who do not pray, they just live the way they want. but it seems they have better lives.  :-\

They enjoy life because they are not burdened with guilt.

Plus atheists who who do good are better than most christians who do good not for goodness' sake but because they fear the eternal flames of hell.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #1113 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:08 PM »
if we all came from one God who created us all and all the flesh we have also came from him and when judgment comes he will be burning those who have sinned, then God will be burning himself?  ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline dodie

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1114 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:26 PM »

your pressumption of the blessings of the lord are temporal and physical in nature. if someone believes in life after death and eternal salvation then his stay in this world is just a preparation for his meeting with his creator.

if we all came from one God who created us all and all the flesh we have also came from him and when judgment comes he will be burning those who have sinned, then God will be burning himself?  ::)

will just share you a story on how a sadducees question jesus regarding a thing....

Matthew 22:23-33 That same day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 24 “Teacher,” they said, “Moses told us that if a man dies without having children, his brother must marry the widow and have children for him. 25 Now there were seven brothers among us. The first one married and died, and since he had no children, he left his wife to his brother. 26 The same thing happened to the second and third brother, right on down to the seventh. 27 Finally, the woman died. 28 Now then, at the resurrection, whose wife will she be of the seven, since all of them were married to her?” 29 Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. 30 At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 31 But about the resurrection of the dead—have you not read what God said to you, 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.”

WCH CM U?

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1115 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:30 PM »
the problem is Christians usually post evidences of God using the Bible, a collection of texts which Atheists do not believe in the first place. God when explained to Atheists should be based on materials outside of the Bible after all he should be beyond it as creator of everything.

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1116 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:41 PM »
the problem is Christians usually post evidences of God using the Bible, a collection of texts which Atheists do not believe in the first place. God when explained to Atheists should be based on materials outside of the Bible after all he should be beyond it as creator of everything.

so if we are not using the bible then where should we based our faith? non believers have questions regarding a lot of things. from creation to ressurection and even simple death. they asked, we answered! so is there a problem with that? we a not forcing them to believe what the scriptures is saying, and at the end of the day and still they dont believe......then who cares.
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:42 PM by dodie »
WCH CM U?

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1117 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM »
so if we are not using the bible then where should we based our faith? non believers have questions regarding a lot of things. from creation to ressurection and even simple death. they asked, we answered! so is there a problem with that? we a not forcing them to believe what the scriptures is saying, and at the end of the day and still they will not believe......then who cares.

Documented history?

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1118 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM »
Documented history?

what history sir? and besides you are talking materials ouside the bilble. can you enlighten us about the "some material" that is outside the bible, and the way you explain things to a non believer using materials that is outside of the bible...
WCH CM U?

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1119 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:00 PM »
what history sir? and besides you are talking materials ouside the bilble. can you enlighten us about the "some material" that is outside the bible, and the way you explain things to a non believer using materials that is outside of the bible...

what I mean is are there historical records of events in the Bible that would somehow provide a semblance of them actually happening as documented aside from the Bible?

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
Re: Re: Atheism/Agnosticism in the Philippines
« Reply #1120 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:00 PM »
that's interesting bro, ano tingin mo the Supreme being would be like?
That I do not know and doesn't even have the slightest idea. He might be a higher being in a higher plane of existence meaning an entity that exist in extra-dimensional space. We can barely comprehend extra-dimensional space what more a being who exist in that space. As I've said in the other thread, if he's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent how could we understand his likeness?

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1121 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:13 PM »
what I mean is are there historical records of events in the Bible that would somehow provide a semblance of them actually happening as documented aside from the Bible?

i dont know if some historical data na kasabayan ng bibliya ay merong mga pagkakapareho pero sa tingin ko meron sir. jesus was there during the time of ceasar. so its possible that the events mentioned in the bible are also in the world history writings.
as to my knowledge po regarding faith and belief, ang christian, they believe solely in the bible. sa catholics, it is being taught that good deeds and holy bible should be the way to live your life. sa muslim, koran all the way. cant speak of other religion for i have  a limited or no understanding on which they are basing their faith.
WCH CM U?

Offline AppleMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1122 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:55 PM »
Hindi daw talaga makita ang missing link. Kasi we were made. Kaya bigla nalang lumitaw ang tao. Similar to what would happen we we cross breed a horse and a donkey which will produce an ass. And yung male and female ass will not reproduce, kasi hybrid sila. Yun daw ang nangyari sa tao. And in order to reproduce, we need an Eve.

Ganon ba nauna pa pala sila nag-EXIST kay Adam and Eve at NAKITA nila yung PANGYAYARI sa creation ng TAO...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 at 01:58 PM by china-man »
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1123 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 05:34 PM »
i dont know if some historical data na kasabayan ng bibliya ay merong mga pagkakapareho pero sa tingin ko meron sir. jesus was there during the time of ceasar. so its possible that the events mentioned in the bible are also in the world history writings.
as to my knowledge po regarding faith and belief, ang christian, they believe solely in the bible. sa catholics, it is being taught that good deeds and holy bible should be the way to live your life. sa muslim, koran all the way. cant speak of other religion for i have  a limited or no understanding on which they are basing their faith.

That is actually one of the reasons why some do not believe that "jesus happened".  Some historians at that time did not mention Jesus or the his crucifixion even Pilate or Herod's records does not mention any reference to him.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1124 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 05:39 PM »
That is actually one of the reasons why some do not believe that "jesus happened".  Some historians at that time did not mention Jesus or the his crucifixion even Pilate or Herod's records does not mention any reference to him.
That is true. Other than the bible, there is no historical data of Jesus' existence.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #1125 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 05:45 PM »
That I do not know and doesn't even have the slightest idea. He might be a higher being in a higher plane of existence meaning an entity that exist in extra-dimensional space. We can barely comprehend extra-dimensional space what more a being who exist in that space. As I've said in the other thread, if he's omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent how could we understand his likeness?

Now we are talking.  ;) Hehe!

Offline AppleMan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1126 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 05:56 PM »
That is true. Other than the bible, there is no historical data of Jesus' existence.

The time of Jesus Christ came first before the Historian exist....
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1127 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 06:02 PM »
The time of Jesus Christ came first before the Historian exist....

Herodotus lived before JC

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1128 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 06:35 PM »
How about the similarity of Jesus with Horus?
Know Thyself!

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1129 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 06:48 PM »

I'm sure there is. How can you date BC and AD if he didn't exist?
« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2014 at 06:49 PM by bumblebee »

Offline AppleMan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1130 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 07:06 PM »

May naisulat ba sya tungkol kay Jesus Christ?
KEF Q100
NAD C326BEE

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1131 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:21 PM »
Most modern scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus, also called the Christ, was an actual historical figure.

Non-Christian sources (Josephus and Tacitus, mainly) have affirmed that there was a Jesus of Nazareth (or Galilee) crucified in Judea under the procurator Pontius Pilate, during the reign of Tiberius (stepson of Augustus Caesar).  Of this there is no contestation from historians or scholars.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #1132 on: Jul 31, 2014 at 10:33 PM »
meron atang iron curtain regarding sa nangyari sa buhay ni Jesus... isa lang ang hindi napigilian... the Bible.
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline Hammerheart

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • DVD Guru
  • Formerly known as tormentor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #1133 on: Aug 01, 2014 at 02:18 AM »
Religion......
Comedy for the intelligent,
Reality to the ignorant.

Offline dodie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1134 on: Aug 01, 2014 at 02:54 AM »
Religion......
Comedy for the intelligent,
Reality to the ignorant.

if this pertains to how atheism view religion in general, then i myt fall on the latter. but just in case this is true, were do you belong, sir?
WCH CM U?

Offline heisenbergman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Please be kind, rewind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1135 on: Aug 01, 2014 at 09:55 AM »
Sticking to the OP, I'm an agnostic.

But I was raised in a Catholic household and went to a Catholic school. My wife and her family are practicing Catholics. So I'm a bit of a "closet" agnostic :p My wife knows, understands and respects my position. My own family sort of knows - implicitly - but still once in a while tries to gently nudge me back into Catholicism. As for my in-laws, I just try to get along in terms of their religious practices and beliefs just to keep the peace. No harm anyway.

The only point of possible conflict I could see is how our daughter is raised. She's still a young toddler now. Although I fully expect that we will raise her more with a Catholic sense than an agnostic/atheist upbringing. Yet, when she's old enough to form her own thoughts and opinions in the subject, I won't stop her if she chooses to be an agnostic or an atheist.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 at 09:57 AM by heisenbergman »

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1136 on: Aug 01, 2014 at 12:28 PM »
Sticking to the OP, I'm an agnostic.

But I was raised in a Catholic household and went to a Catholic school. My wife and her family are practicing Catholics. So I'm a bit of a "closet" agnostic :p My wife knows, understands and respects my position. My own family sort of knows - implicitly - but still once in a while tries to gently nudge me back into Catholicism. As for my in-laws, I just try to get along in terms of their religious practices and beliefs just to keep the peace. No harm anyway.

The only point of possible conflict I could see is how our daughter is raised. She's still a young toddler now. Although I fully expect that we will raise her more with a Catholic sense than an agnostic/atheist upbringing. Yet, when she's old enough to form her own thoughts and opinions in the subject, I won't stop her if she chooses to be an agnostic or an atheist.
Same position tayo sir as I'm agnostic as well. Sa family ko ganun din. My gf doesn't know as well though I don't know if she knows the concept of agnosticism.

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1137 on: Aug 01, 2014 at 03:40 PM »
meron atang iron curtain regarding sa nangyari sa buhay ni Jesus... isa lang ang hindi napigilian... the Bible.

Not really. 

During his time (about 3 to 32 AD) Jesus was not a significant member of society (compared to, say, a senator of Rome, like Brutus or Cicero; or a conquering general, like Hannibal), and therefore, not talked about and recorded in contemporary annals.  Even today, there aren't many carpenters from the countryside who make it to the news.

All we know about Jesus, called the Christ, were accounts written decades after his death.  This includes the New Testament.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2014 at 03:44 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #1138 on: Aug 02, 2014 at 11:32 AM »
Ganon ba nauna pa pala sila nag-EXIST kay Adam and Eve at NAKITA nila yung PANGYAYARI sa creation ng TAO...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes. Ganun nga. Last na ginawa ang tao di ba. Ginawa muna fishes, animals, bago ginawa ang tao. Unless makita ang missing link, yun paniwalaan ko. we were made, or the evolution process was fast tracked. As to who made us, we were made into his likeness, with some likeness of the apes din. Ang end result is man. kaya 97 percent ng chimp DNA, same as man. But the 3 percent matters most.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1139 on: Aug 02, 2014 at 12:52 PM »
Yes. Ganun nga. Last na ginawa ang tao di ba. Ginawa muna fishes, animals, bago ginawa ang tao. Unless makita ang missing link, yun paniwalaan ko. we were made, or the evolution process was fast tracked. As to who made us, we were made into his likeness, with some likeness of the apes din. Ang end result is man. kaya 97 percent ng chimp DNA, same as man. But the 3 percent matters most.
What's good about science is it's true whether or not you believe in it.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson