Author Topic: Wapakman  (Read 10492 times)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wapakman
« on: Jul 02, 2009 at 10:44 PM »
MMDA confirmed this movie as being part of this year's MMFF festival. Stars Pacquiao, Batista and Nicole Scherzinger of The Pussycat Dolls. I found this teaser trailer in YouTube. Dunno if it's genuine, but it doesn't look homemade and in fact shows that some technical effort has been put into it.

YouTube Teaser Trailer

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: Wapakman
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 10:49 PM »
Hehehe I personally mixed the audio and did sound design for that trailer :) The producer told me that was for October, originally at least. But as you said if the MMDA announced it, then it's for the FilmFest then.  I know there are plans for those big stars but there is no official word out yet.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 11:05 PM »
Wow! Great work! Looks cool and funny.

Here's the Inquirer article by the way: link

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 11:13 PM »
Yeah mukhang fun movie yan!

Thanks for your info ha! Mukhang patay ako sa MMFF I think I will have to work on 2 films hehe. It's a good problem though ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2009 at 11:15 PM by ditoy_eagle »
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 11:30 PM »
Well, keep it up and good luck! Request lang kung maaari. No synthesizer keyboard music please. Hehehe!

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2009 at 11:43 PM »
hehe I don't do the musical scoring. The directors usually choose them, but I mix the music with all the rest of the sound elements. For sure MIDI synths gamit dyan!  But the better musical scorers use high-quality samples nowadays so pwde na din.

But I feel your concern bro!  Iba talaga pag real-orchestra ang soundtrack.  Bottom line its the pinoy budget and workflow that dictate our movie industry quality. Madalas mabilisan and tipid ang production. Real orchestra, more timetable to create a finer-sounding mix all require more money.  If I indeed end-up mixing the movie, I hope the producers invest more on the sound so I can use Dolby EX.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:00 AM »
Oo nga. Napag-iwanan na tayo ng mga kapitbahay natin. I've seen some horror movies from Malaysia na hindi kagandahan ang kwento pero matino pa rin ang surrounds. Pero dito, bihira. Kahit major studios like Star Cinema (just saw Villa Estrella a while ago, by the way -> it was good, but the sound is kinda generically Pinoy). Anyway, ang magandang surrounds lang na napanood ko na Pinoy movie was the latest Robin Padilla horror flick under GMA Films. The one that was like Final Destination.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:00 AM by allanmandy »

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:37 AM »
Uy thanks yeah I mixed the sound for GMA Films "SUNDO" ni Robin Padilla.  Ako Sound Superviser nun. ;)

I think only around 1-2 films a year dito sa pinas meron nag-i-invest for Dolby surround mixing sa pelikula. At least additional P1M kasi sa audio-post budget yan eh

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:48 AM »
Wow! Congrats! I was really impressed with the Sundo sound mixing. Especially the scene where Robin was reliving his war-time experience. It was loud and dynamic and kinda reminded me of the superb sound effects of John Rambo.

Sus! 1 million lang pala eh. Kayang-kayang kitain yun ng studios in a day.

« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:50 AM by allanmandy »

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 12:58 AM »
Haha yeah! Glad I am in this forum because people here love movies and will appreciate these efforts. Yes that scene took a lot of time to design, sa bawat putok, bullet ricochet, gun type, reverse reverb of the water drop sa tube going into the explosion sound to the fight scene, kahit mga sigaw pa-isa-isang sigaw ng tao sa background, and volume build-up til the biglang-gising ni Robin...sinasadya yan hehe. Wala din music with that scene.  Kung ibang sound designer and mixer yan, for sure papalagyan ng music yan, panay sigawan ng tao na senseless, and panay ingay lang start to finish walang dynamics hehe It's with our love of movies that we learn to notice these extra nuances.

Anyway, tayo pa lang sumasagot sa thread na ito and its getting off-topic.  I appreciate your good feedback though! but let's go back to Wapakman! I hope maganda kalabasan ng film na ito and mas kumita pa si Manny Pacman sa movie.  ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2009 at 01:16 AM »
Yeah, I really hope so. Especially with other prominent celebs attached to this. Sana hindi sila mapahiya sa pag-oo nila sa pelikulang ito.

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 470
« Reply #11 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 03:55 PM »
I was impressed with the teaser trailer which was shown in the cinema before transformers. It had the feel of a Stephen Chow comedy. Hope the story's good. But Pacquiao's not a good actor...

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jul 10, 2009 at 11:54 PM »
 ;D The trailer is intriguing and very coooolll... KUDOS sa gumawa!

I hope the movie delivers the promise brought by the trailer..

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 03:06 AM »
Looks good. He's better off doing comedies, his movies are always unintentionally hilarious anyways. :D

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2009 at 03:22 AM »
parang super hero movie ah. sana nga mala kung-fu hustle!
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237
« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 09:52 AM »

Manny Pacquiao Boxes A Giant Crab In The Full WAPAKMAN Trailer!

The latest picture from Topel Lee, Wapakman stars real life boxing champ Manny Pacquiao as a normal man who becomes a superhero and must battle - in this trailer alone - a woman with supersonic breasts, a man made of lava and, of course, a giant crab.  Goofy? Hell, yes.  Fun?  You bet. If the finished film delivers on the promise of the trailer this could be the biggest cult hero title since Takashi Miike's Zebraman.

http://twitchfilm.net/news/2009/11/manny-pacquaio-boxes-a-giant-crab-in-the-full-wapakman-trailer.php

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM »
Wow, comparing Wapakman to Miike's Zebraman?

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Stupidity is a heinous crime.
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 01:27 PM »
Man that trailer looks promising.

If this is anywhere near as fun as Topel's short Nak Nang (or hell, even half as fun as Gagamboy) then the Twitch blub might be onto something.

The crab sequence looks like it could be up there with the ectoplasm gym sequence from Zebraman- - -my recent all-time favorite Miike.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2009 at 01:29 PM by X44 »

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 01:37 PM »

Ang Pangit naman ng custume ni Wapakman >:(

Sorry, di ko lang matiis mag-comment, hehehe ;D
Sa laki ng kinikita ni Pacquiao, pwede naman nyang gastusan yung costume nya para naman gumanda itsura, parang sobra sa foam at tela yung costume nya o, life vest ba yang suot nya na yan??? ;D ;D ;D

BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 04:20 PM »

Sa laki ng kinikita ni Pacquiao, pwede naman nyang gastusan yung costume nya para naman gumanda itsura, parang sobra sa foam at tela yung costume nya o, life vest ba yang suot nya na yan??? ;D ;D ;D

Ganyan din yung costume sa Kickass. Baka naman.kagaya sa Kickass, kasama sa kwento . . . tagpi-tagping costume parang Gagamboy.

Jologs nga pero at least hindi kasing pangit ng costume sa Dark Knight. Ampanget nun e. :D

(Tsaka hindi naman 'ata siya ang gumagastos sa costume ne pelikula niya so walang bearing yung kinikita niya as boxer.) ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2009 at 04:25 PM by X44 »

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 05:15 PM »

(Tsaka hindi naman 'ata siya ang gumagastos sa costume ne pelikula niya so walang bearing yung kinikita niya as boxer.) ;)

i mean, pwedeng sya na lang ang magpagawa from his own pocket sa US ng costume kung gusto nya, hehe yu no ;D

Pero sana nga maaliw ang mga kids sa movie nya ;)

panget nga din yung sa Dark Knight ;D
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1237
« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 07:22 AM »
from Twitch Film:

Official Poster Art And Synopsis For Manny Pacquiao Super Hero Film WAPAKMAN

The trailer for upcoming Filipino super hero film Wapakman has been turning a lot of heads since we first posted it yesterday, and why not? It's got real life boxing champion Manny Pacquiao battling a woman's supersonic breasts, a man made of lava and a giant crab. These are all good things. And now we've got the proper poster artwork for the film and our first detailed plot synopsis to tell us what this madness is all about:

Magno is an ordinary man whose world revolves around his five kids while his wife, Magda, works as a nurse in Italy. One night Magno meets an accident. A car crashes into his truck and, upon impact, a big explosion takes place.  Miraculously, Magno survives unscathed. The blowup is caused by Walo-walo, an organic substance which stores energy that is almost as powerful as nuclear energy. Soon, he wakes up and feels like a new man.  Lighter. Faster. Stronger. Interestingly, his newfound powers start helping him become a better dad.  His wish of being faster, smarter and stronger for his family is coming true. He assumes the identity of their favorite superhero - WAPAKMAN!

Soon, Magno learns that Magda has come back to take the kids with her to Italy.  Magno wants his family to be together - happy and whole.  He doesn't want to let go of the kids. But can he be a good dad in the eyes of his kids and still be a superhero? Magno knows that with Wapakman around the world will be a much safer place for his kids. This is a responsibility he just can not turn away from, but if it means losing his kids ... Can he give up being a superhero if it means saving the world? It is the hardest choice he has ever had to face and he must make a decision. Fast!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 11:36 AM »
The TV commercial for this says the movie will also be released in digital format.

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:34 PM »

Kick-Ass director Michael Vaughn and writer Mark Millar should consider suing whoever the heck designed Manny Pacquiao's super-suit.

Btw, whatever happened to their planned casting coup to get Nicole Scherzinger to do a cameo?  Budget issue?  Maybe ayaw daw ng racer niyang bf na si Lewis Hamilton.

Offline X44

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 06:53 PM »
I kinda like it. The costume, I meant.

I say rip off Hollywood every chance we get.

They have no qualms  ripping off Asian cinema anyway. ;D

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2143
« Reply #25 on: Dec 22, 2009 at 08:43 PM »
Wapakman costume is like the male version of VOLTA! ;D ;D ;D
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 02:46 PM »
knock out si pacman sa takilya. he hits the bottom. walang naitulong ang krista ranillo intrigue?? ::)
Good friends are good for your health.
by Irwin Sarason :D

Offline d4nu65+3R

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Jan 04, 2010 at 10:26 PM »
seriously, who'll shell out their hard earned 150 bucks over this?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 12:38 AM »
as i said, the first third of the movie was fun and looked good. if only they didn't rush this for the filmfest, this would've been the best film among all the entries.

Offline deweyfinn

• DVD Guru
  • ...still kickin' arse....
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Jan 05, 2010 at 03:26 PM »
knock out si pacman sa takilya. he hits the bottom. walang naitulong ang krista ranillo intrigue?? ::)

Like, how can you possibly expect to please the family market with such a misguided ploy?

Stick to boxing, man...or Floyd's gonna clean the floor with you.