Author Topic: UFC thread..where the big boys play...  (Read 289394 times)

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: UFC thread..where the big boys play...
« Reply #60 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 06:09 PM »
spider yan 8)

Offline joey escalera

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 12:52 PM »
congrats to spiderfans!!
outclassed!! ;D

102....home for the aged crown is at stake.....couture - minotauro!

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 04:51 PM »
guys what do you think about the spider vs forrest fight?
mukhang benta eh...yes given na baka nasaktan na sya sa mga unang suntok ni spider pero knowing forrest na mahilig sa sapakan, di ako makapaniwala na aayaw sya ng ganon lang...
then the immediate exit gave me a strong feeling that bumenta nga sya...
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2009 at 06:32 PM by Hitman »

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 05:05 PM »
guys waht do you think about the spider vs forrest fight?
mukhang benta eh...yes given na baka nasaktan na sya sa mga unang suntok ni spider pero knowing forrest na mahilig sa sapakan, di ako makapaniwala na aayaw sya ng ganon lang...

i am a forrest fan..
he was totally dominated from evry angle by the spider...

para sa mga fans ni FG..okay lang yun...si spider naman yun tumalo sa knya...forrest will be back!

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 05:51 PM »
guys waht do you think about the spider vs forrest fight?

forrest storming out could only be four of these reason if not all: (imo)
1. lost of hearing in his left ear (or right) so he rush outside for medical attention
2. broken jaw as so he thinks so he rush outside for medical attention
3. he's still daze and confuse
4. embarrassment. that was the most embarrassing knock out in ufc or atleast belongs to the top 10 and for someone of forrest's caliber and reputation of absorbing blows and all the hype that he is the one that can stand up against silva's blows that is indeed an embarrassment.

and this is not the first time he did something embarrassing to the sport of MMA when he had a devastating lost. remember he's lost to evans? he tap out on strikes!! top caliber fighters dont do that! they take it like a man not tap out like b!tch. how about he's lost to jardine? he friggin cries!!!

storming out of the octagon was done several times. this time it become an issue since forrest is considered a classy fighter and thats was not being classy. I think he really wanted to avoid the embarrassing interview w/ joe rogan as he watch the replay of him being ko'ed like that . although people would have cheered him for standing up to silva when he and he's camp think that he's chances is slim to none.

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 06:31 PM »
forrest had some very exciting fights(#1 nga ung sa knila ni bonnar db?)but i rily think mejo overrated fighter sya...bata rin ni dana white to...
kahit nga siguro bj penn vs forrest baka manalo pa si penn eh...

Offline wanderer

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 07:17 PM »
Rumours now is that Silva might move to LHW. Papaano na si Rich Franklin nyan? Balik ulet MW ;D Unless, he wants another reconstructive nose surgery. I'd like to see Silva do a rematch with Henderson first then maybe do a Silva vs Silva (Wanderlei) @ MW.

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 03:29 PM »
dapat yata kay machida na ilaban yan si spider para magkaalaman na! :D

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 04:03 PM »
mukhang magandang laban yan dragon vs spider.... i still go for the dragon....

yung kimbo slice mukhang magandang itapat ke brock....

the dragon has better ground game than silva so I'll bet may log to lyoto.

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 04:07 PM »
spider will punish the dragon... ;D

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Aug 14, 2009 at 04:29 PM »
spider will punish the dragon... ;D

my friend tandaan mo halos lahat ng talo ni spider eh sa mga hapon.
Yung talo nya kay Ryo Chonan is by Submission (Flying Scissor Heel Hook)
baka kay lyoto mas shuryuuken sya

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #71 on: Aug 16, 2009 at 07:08 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Great-fight-ends-as-first-round-horn-sounds-Cyb?urn=mma,183104

Watched the fight, but Gina seemed lazy and slow on this last fight,
Chris was very aggressive from the beginning, maybe Gina underestimated
THE CYBORG's power and aggression...
Too bad, it was her first lost in her career...

Offline wanderer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 06:22 AM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Great-fight-ends-as-first-round-horn-sounds-Cyb?urn=mma,183104

Watched the fight, but Gina seemed lazy and slow on this last fight,
Chris was very aggressive from the beginning, maybe Gina underestimated
THE CYBORG's power and aggression...
Too bad, it was her first lost in her career...

saw the fight at youtube. gina was totally outclassed. long layoff?

:o @ the fighters they train at Chute Box 

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Aug 18, 2009 at 08:44 AM »
saw the fight at youtube. gina was totally outclassed. long layoff?

:o @ the fighters they train at Chute Box 

lalaki ata si chris cyborg

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Aug 26, 2009 at 04:15 PM »
sa sunday na!!

couture - minotauro...liyamado pala si the natural...
taragyis n yan...

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Aug 28, 2009 at 04:08 PM »
yup sana manalo vera and munoz sa sunday...

carwin will demolish brock in round 1... :D

Offline Funktopuss

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM »
ufc 104 live, i risk of slower connectivity by sharing these link to you guys...
anyways here it is
http://tomtacks.blogspot.com/2009/10/ufc-104-live-stream-ufc-104-machida-vs.html

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 956
« Reply #77 on: Oct 25, 2009 at 08:02 PM »
i just watched the replay and man, i thought Shogun would walk away with the belt.
Ganda ng performance nya..
pero unanimous decision pa rin in favor of Machida.
labo.

Offline mdsaint3

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 01:57 PM »

the dragon has better ground game than silva so I'll bet may log to lyoto.

sorry to burst your hopes.. but they will never fight each other :)

Offline wanderer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 03:34 PM »
i just watched the replay and man, i thought Shogun would walk away with the belt.
Ganda ng performance nya..
pero unanimous decision pa rin in favor of Machida.
labo.

i also thought that Shogun deserved the win. buti na lang an immediate rematch is in the works.....

the Dragon's cloak of invincibility has finally been shattered.

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 03:55 PM »
sorry to burst your hopes.. but they will never fight each other :)

well that as far as what silva wants but dana white is the man in UFC

"It has nothing to do with friendship," White said. "It's about seeing who's the best. If Anderson continues to take out 205-ers, I'll make that fight [vs. Machida]."

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Dana-White-Still-Wants-Anderson-Silva-vs-Lyoto-Machida

so silva better start losing.

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 04:12 PM »
well that as far as what silva wants but dana white is the man in UFC

"It has nothing to do with friendship," White said. "It's about seeing who's the best. If Anderson continues to take out 205-ers, I'll make that fight [vs. Machida]."

http://www.lowkick.com/UFC/Dana-White-Still-Wants-Anderson-Silva-vs-Lyoto-Machida

so silva better start losing.

di na interesting yan..lalo na dami doubts sa pagkapanalo ni machida kay rua.
yung rematch muna unahin nila..
then yung winner sa rematch pwede labanan ni spider..
pero isang fight at LHW pa for spider.bago for title shot.rua vs. spider is more interesting now..lalo na mejo balik na sa dati si shogun

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #82 on: Oct 26, 2009 at 11:56 PM »
im not much a die hard fan of ufc.. just for entertainment purposes lang.. and i have much respect for dragon...

pero luto talaga ang laban kahapon.. shogun shouldve won..

pero i guess the ufc wants to build up dragon as a posterboy for ufc, so ayaw nila mabahiran ng talo ang future prospect nila??

so ayan.. ibigay parin ang panalo kay dragon kahit na walang tama masyado si shogun..

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Oct 27, 2009 at 08:37 AM »
im not much a die hard fan of ufc.. just for entertainment purposes lang.. and i have much respect for dragon...

pero luto talaga ang laban kahapon.. shogun shouldve won..

pero i guess the ufc wants to build up dragon as a posterboy for ufc, so ayaw nila mabahiran ng talo ang future prospect nila??

so ayan.. ibigay parin ang panalo kay dragon kahit na walang tama masyado si shogun..

e parang si dana white nga kay rua na isusuot yung belt e..di nya rin inaasahan na si dragon mananalo.hehe..
mahirap gawing posterboy ang mga wala pa masyado napatunayan..si bisping..posterboy nila yon para sa UK market nila..pero hinarap kay hendo..ayun..sleepingboy na.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 07:44 AM »
The 1st two rounds were too close to call.  The 3rd round I think must have gone to Lyoto with the nice flurry in the last minute.  The 4th round was definitely Rua's and in the last round, Rua seemed to be more aggressive and confident in the end.

So I think the decision in favor of Lyoto was likely due to the judge's scores during the 1st two rounds.  

And of course, there is that thing that you have to "beat" the champion to get the belt.

Anyways, I thought it should have been Rua's because I scored the 1st two rounds as even, 3rd round for Lyoto and the last 2 for Rua.  I like Rua too especially when he was still in Pride.   And if that so called "brotherhood" between Lyoto and Anderson is that strong, I'd rather see Rua win.

« Last Edit: Oct 28, 2009 at 08:03 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline vinci

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
The 1st two rounds were too close to call.  The 3rd round I think must have gone to Lyoto with the nice flurry in the last minute.  The 4th round was definitely Cua's and in the last round, Cua seemed to be more aggressive and confident in the end.

So I think the decision in favor of Lyoto was likely due to the judge's scores during the 1st two rounds. 

And of course, there is that thing that you have to "beat" the champion to get the belt.

Anyways, I thought it should have been Cua's because I scored the 1st two rounds as even, 3rd round for Lyoto and the last 2 for Cua.  I like Cua too especially when he was still in Pride.   And if that so called "brotherhood" between Lyoto and Anderson is that strong, I'd rather see Cua win.

shogun's corner had its fault, too.  they told rua he was winning almost every  rounds so their fighter do not need to be aggressive anymore.
rua's corner thinks like most of the people rin na the scorecards are in his favor..mali pala lahat..
hehehe
rematch agad ang gusto ni dana white, buti nalang.sana di magbago decision nya.paiba iba rin yon e.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 08:11 AM »

shogun's corner had its fault, too.  they told rua he was winning almost every  rounds so their fighter do not need to be aggressive anymore.
rua's corner thinks like most of the people rin na the scorecards are in his favor..mali pala lahat..
hehehe
rematch agad ang gusto ni dana white, buti nalang.sana di magbago decision nya.paiba iba rin yon e.

Yeah isa pa yon.  If you are a challenger and fighting someone as elusive and unorthodox as Lyoto, you have to clearly bludgeon him to win, or at least take him down to the mat instead na puro katawan at legs.   Note, even Lyoto's corner were telling him that he was fighting well enough (to retain his belt).  Isa pang problem was that the announcer would only say Rua's name kahit na the exchange and counters were practically even.

Offline richmondes.

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 09:23 AM »

hehehe

I agree with kevin lole on his column in yahoo sports. Shogun is the one to blame on this. Even if his corner told him that he won the 1st 3 rounds, he should've not slowed down or contended by winning by a decision. At the 4th round when shogun is in a clinch he talk to his corner and made a gesture like he was going to slow down or take it easy. He should've acted like a champion that he is and tried to finish machida out or capitalizes on machida's limping legs. He might have scored unanimous 8/10 on the 4th round making him the new LHW champion.

No one can't blame the judges on this one (machida winning). machida, shogun, their camps, joe rogan nor mma fans have no idea how mma scoring system actually works. Machida's takedown defense, evasion, blocks, initiating combination score points too but if that was enough for machida to win I dont know. The athletic sport commission should be transparent to the mma score system.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 09:44 AM »
I got this from another site and this is also what I saw in the 1st 3 rounds.  The last 2 were clearly Rua's in my observation.

Those who claim that Rua won the fight must have been just listening, and not really watching the fight. Because if you just listen and not carefully watch the exchange, then all you will see is what the commentators want you to see, the kicks from Rua. This is what he mostly did in much of the entire fight. Now watch the fight again without the audio on, but watch it on slowmo so you can see that most of Shogun's kicks came with a price… either a stunning straight to the face or to the upper torso. Now pay attention also to the fighter that was closest to getting in serious trouble, then you will see why Rua raises both hands to his sides whenever he gets seriously stunned. The blows that almost lead to a knockout, blows that puts the fighter in serious trouble are the ones that should count. Unless Rua kicks Machida hard enough to the head, his kicks never got Machida in trouble, In fact, it was Machida’s head kicks and charging knees that took the air off Rua. I agree it was a close fight as far as the number of exchanges are concerned. But try judging it based on which fighter really got into serious trouble and you will see why the judges scored it the way they did.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 08:31 PM »
As suggested in other sites, I tried watching the entire match again muted so as not to hear Rogen say Rua's name again and again even while he was the one getting hit.

Now I believe the decision was valid.   First 2 rounds can arguably be given to Lyoto for hitting the more punishing shots.  Except for the leg kick that reddened the left rib of Lyoto, most of Rua's kicks were ineffective and he was getting counterpunched to the face and kneed to the midsection strongly.  3rd round was clearly in favor of the champ too as highlighted in his aggressive attack towards the end of the round (although Lyoto caught ONE big punch to the left jaw from Rua during that exchange).  The last 2 were definitely Rua's especially the 4th when Lyoto appeared to have tired out.   Therefore, I saw it 3-2 in favor of the champ.

It was really a mistake by Rua's cornermen to tell him to relax. 

And the thing is, Rogen really kept on saying Rua's name too much.  Rua deserved all the credit during the last 2 rounds but even when he got hit srongly by Lyoto's knee in the 2nd round, Rogen was still stating Rua's name.

Also, the last rounds tend to remain the most in the mind of spectators, especially since Rua looked more confident and strong towards the end of the fight.

Anyway, let them have a rematch soon!