Author Topic: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?  (Read 19578 times)

Offline lizzi_b

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?
« on: Jan 28, 2003 at 08:58 AM »
Just discovered this site www.cd-wow.com, it claims to have free delivery worldwide  :o  Is this true? Is this the same as free shipping? has anyone tried this site?

Offline Jun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Re:cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 07, 2003 at 03:16 AM »
Yes, the free delivery offer is genuine. I order most of my Region 1 DVDs from CD-WOW these days. Quick delivery and great customer service. By the way, www.cd-wow.com lists prices in British pounds. If you want prices in US dollars, go to www.cd-wow.net.

Offline gumby

• DVD Addict
  • The future rested on my shoulders...and I shrugged
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Apr 08, 2003 at 09:03 AM »
I tried ordering from them last year but they kept rejecting my order because they say my billing address is erroneous when it is not. I checked and checked and checked it - even verified it against my card company - but to no avail. Eventually, after 3 rejections, I gave up.

They do have great customer service though as I asked them several times about that billing address problem and they were very polite. They also responded quickly to my queries - didn't take them a day to shoot back a reply e-mail.

I have a question though Jun - where does your stuff get delivered to? Is it delivered directly to your specified address or does it get routed to the post office?
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2003 at 09:24 AM by gumby »

Offline Jun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2003 at 03:19 AM »
Gumby,
I live in the UK and my orders get delivered direct to my door. My last order was shipped on a Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. Three days is pretty amazing considering CD-WOW ships from Hong Kong.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2003 at 03:20 AM by Jun »

Offline bunkieboy

• DVD Guru
  • WHAT'S YOUR DYSFUNCTION?
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11, 2003 at 01:49 AM »
Gumby,
I live in the UK and my orders get delivered direct to my door. My last order was shipped on a Monday and it arrived on Wednesday. Three days is pretty amazing considering CD-WOW ships from Hong Kong.

ey not bad at all!!! what courier do they use?

btw. i got a mate in London. believe he lives in knightsbridge area.

Offline Jun

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2003 at 01:55 AM »
ey not bad at all!!! what courier do they use?

btw. i got a mate in London. believe he lives in knightsbridge area.

They don't use any courier - just ordinary postal service, in my case Royal Mail.

Is your friend from Knightsbridge a DVD addict too?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
Re: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?
« Reply #6 on: Jul 07, 2004 at 06:12 PM »
bumping for you toshioinuma.

:)

never experienced it. i ordered last week.. order was processed.. try mo lang and email them.. they usually reply in less than 24 hours.. :)

lots of luck!! :)
« Last Edit: Jul 08, 2004 at 11:05 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Lala789

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2004 at 03:53 PM »
My order was shipped july 1, received by Mandaluyong PO July 8. Got it today via registered mail, so i had to pay php30

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jul 12, 2004 at 04:00 PM »
My order was shipped july 1, received by Mandaluyong PO July 8. Got it today via registered mail, so i had to pay php30

congratulations lala.. welcome to the club.. :)

Offline Lala789

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jul 20, 2004 at 11:57 AM »
thanks! inspired by my 'success', an officemate ordered from cd-wow-hk. he got his order in 3 days, straight to the office, no more P30! hmmm... hindi consistent ang mandaluyong post office ah... >:(

Offline Jef Costello

• Apprentice
  • SINISTER MONK
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 31, 2004 at 07:24 AM »
  I've already shopped at cd-wow.com & cd-wow.com.hk four times already. Delivery will take 5 to 10 days by post. Impressive ang service nila so far, though their catalogue is not that extensive and they usually run out of stock. Highly recommended for your dvd and audio cd shopping!

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 511
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2004 at 01:30 PM »

Only P30.00? No hefty additional customs tax? I had to pay over P1,100 the last time I ordered abroad (amazon.com)

Offline Reefshark

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2004 at 02:11 PM »

Only P30.00? No hefty additional customs tax? I had to pay over P1,100 the last time I ordered abroad (amazon.com)

Yeah on PHP30.00/dvd but that is if you only order up to 2 pcs, that is what the person in the Makati post office told me as pag 3 pcs and up commercial qty na daw.  Lucky for me, kasi I orderd 3 titles and one was delivered directly to me and the other 2 I had to go and get sa post office so total of PHP60.00 lang.  ;D

I'm just curious how they determine which ones to deliver to your doorstep and which ones not to, by value ba?
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2004 at 02:18 PM by Reefshark »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 02, 2004 at 06:09 PM »

Yeah on PHP30.00/dvd but that is if you only order up to 2 pcs, that is what the person in the Makati post office told me as pag 3 pcs and up commercial qty na daw.  Lucky for me, kasi I orderd 3 titles and one was delivered directly to me and the other 2 I had to go and get sa post office so total of PHP60.00 lang.  ;D

I'm just curious how they determine which ones to deliver to your doorstep and which ones not to, by value ba?

for makati... sometimes (sigh).. anything that is below P500.00 peso value is delivered directly. also, global priority mail boxes ,small packages and not so obvious dvd packages go straight to our office...

sometimes naman, P450.00 declared value lang.. you have to pick them up na in the PO. swerte swerte lang talaga pag minsan... not really happy with the customs admin in makati...  >:(

;) ;) ;)

Offline Reefshark

• Collector
  • Ride on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: Sep 03, 2004 at 04:29 PM »

for makati... sometimes (sigh).. anything that is below P500.00 peso value is delivered directly. also, global priority mail boxes ,small packages and not so obvious dvd packages go straight to our office...

sometimes naman, P450.00 declared value lang.. you have to pick them up na in the PO. swerte swerte lang talaga pag minsan... not really happy with the customs admin in makati...  >:(

;) ;) ;)

Oh I see, so by value nga.  It was the first time I got my DVD's delivered to my office address as I usally put my home address but since malapit office ko sa Makati post office - dito na lang. 

Well, I too am not happy with our PO as they are not consistent.  So good luck na lang sa atin lahat!  ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Sep 04, 2004 at 05:06 PM »

Oh I see, so by value nga.  It was the first time I got my DVD's delivered to my office address as I usally put my home address but since malapit office ko sa Makati post office - dito na lang. 

Well, I too am not happy with our PO as they are not consistent.  So good luck na lang sa atin lahat!  ;)

right.. good luck na lang sa ating lahat... hehehehe :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Sep 11, 2004 at 11:13 PM »

use this link to get a GBP1.00 OFF at cdwow.com

LINK

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 07:00 PM »
Just made my first CD-Wow transaction two days ago.  I just learned through their site that my order has already been dispatched today.  I originally ordered through www.cd-wow.com.hk.  However, I got an email that they don't accept anymore orders through their HK site for addresses outside of Hongkong.  I was therefore asked to make my order through www.cd-wow.com, although I made mine with www.cd-wow.net.

Anyway, I was informed that it would take about a week or about 10 working days for it arrive here in the Philippines.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will indeed arrive within that period.   Balak ko pa kasing mag-order.  Mas mura talaga kaysa sa amazon, although mas limited ang choices.
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2005 at 07:07 AM by rafgar »

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 02:30 AM »
Just made my first CD-Wow transaction two days ago.  I just learned through their site that my order has already been today.  I originally ordered through www.cd-wow.com.hk.  However, I got an email that they don't accept anymore orders through their HK site for addresses outside of Hongkong.  I was therefore asked to make my order through www.cd-wow.com, although I made mine with www.cd-wow.net.

Anyway, I was informed that it would take about a week or about 10 working days for it arrive here in the Philippines.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will indeed arrive within that period.   Balak ko pa kasing mag-order.  Mas mura talaga kaysa sa amazon, although mas limited ang choices.
Medyo matagal when ordering at cd-wow.At mura talaga.I remember ordering E.T. collectors edition I think that was 2003 pa.  and It's around 765 pesos only at that time.nagsale kasi.  But the problem at cd-wow is they don't replenish anymore thier items.  And if they have no more stock for a particular title, it will be erase sa database nila.  so  you wont see it again at their site even though you run a search. and another thing.  Almost all of the available R1 titles are canadian release.  I go for R3 limited editions.They have the lowest price compared to other sites. :)

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 07:20 AM »
Thanks for the info, baby!  It's really too bad that they don't accept orders anymore through their HK site.  Mas mabilis sana since sa Hongkong lang galing 'yung package.  When you say "medyo matagal when ordering at cd-wow", ano ang experience mo before?  Umaabot ba ng 2 to 3 weeks, just like amazon?

Medyo matagal when ordering at cd-wow.At mura talaga.I remember ordering E.T. collectors edition I think that was 2003 pa.  and It's around 765 pesos only at that time.nagsale kasi.  But the problem at cd-wow is they don't replenish anymore thier items.  And if they have no more stock for a particular title, it will be erase sa database nila.  so  you wont see it again at their site even though you run a search. and another thing.  Almost all of the available R1 titles are canadian release.  I go for R3 limited editions.They have the lowest price compared to other sites. :)

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Apr 09, 2005 at 10:38 AM »
Thanks for the info, baby!  It's really too bad that they don't accept orders anymore through their HK site.  Mas mabilis sana since sa Hongkong lang galing 'yung package.  When you say "medyo matagal when ordering at cd-wow", ano ang experience mo before?  Umaabot ba ng 2 to 3 weeks, just like amazon?

Actually.the same lang yung hk and and the main site.I ordered at www.cd-wow.com not www.cd-wow.com.hk but my package still came from hongkong.Distribution point lang siguro yun.The most na yung 3 weeks. :)

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 07:48 AM »

Just made my first CD-Wow transaction two days ago.  I just learned through their site that my order has already been dispatched today.  I originally ordered through www.cd-wow.com.hk.  However, I got an email that they don't accept anymore orders through their HK site for addresses outside of Hongkong.  I was therefore asked to make my order through www.cd-wow.com, although I made mine with www.cd-wow.net.

My order has arrived at the post office!  Yesterday, when I was on-leave from work, the post office (which is also within our office)  called up my office regarding the package.  I've just picked my package from the post office.  True to their word, the arrival was within 10 working days from its dispatch.  Actually, the package was dispatched April 9 and it arrived in the Batasan Post Office last April 14!  Compared with amazon, cd-wow's service is faster, wala pang delivery charge!

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2005 at 01:11 PM by rafgar »

Offline dulber32

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2005 at 02:39 PM »
So far I only had two orders with CD-Wow and some more pending in my wishlist.
One went through well and the other was also well but the DVD didn't reach me.
Good thing they automatically reimburse what doesn't get through and they are so easy to deal with.

Looking to finally get Resident Evil: Apocalypse before it is lost forever from their site.

The Makati P.O. on the other hand is one heck of a source for P.O.'d citizens. (pissed off)  >:(  >:(  >:(
One of their male dispatchers actually told me that I was lucky to be getting my item from them because I will be only charged 30Php. If I were unfortunate enough to deal with their lady colleague I would have been meted a higher charge. (can't confirm if he was pulling my leg or really telling the truth)

Just placed an order for RE:Apocalypse. It's at this site: http://www1.cd-wow.com.hk
Isn't this in Hong Kong  ???  My wishlist and membership is here and I always order here.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2005 at 03:07 PM by dulber32 »

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2005 at 06:03 PM »

Just placed an order for RE:Apocalypse. It's at this site: http://www1.cd-wow.com.hk
Isn't this in Hong Kong  ???  My wishlist and membership is here and I always order here.

I don't think that they will be honoring your order made through www.cd-wow.com.hk.  When I ordered from them some weeks back, I initially ordered through their Hongkong site.  Although the transaction was initially successful and I already received confirmation from WorldPay, I later received an email, as follows:

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order with CD WOW!

I am afraid that we are no longer able to accept orders through our Hong
Kong site that are to be shipped to anywhere other than addresses in Hong
Kong, therefore your order and been cancelled and a full refund made back to
the card used on it.

For future purchases please use www.cd-wow.com and we will be pleased to
accept your orders.

We thank you very much for your custom.

Kind Regards

CD WOW!
Customers Services
http://www.cd-wow.com

So, the order was cancelled and the purchase amount was appropriately credited back to my account.   That was when I ordered through www.cd-wow.net (which quotes in dollars).

Offline dulber32

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2005 at 12:53 AM »
Nyak! I just received confirmation of processing from their payment processor.
Now waiting for the confirmation as you received in your post  :(

I wish they fixed their site so placing orders are no longer possible for users with addresses outside of Hong Kong.

Offline dulber32

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2005 at 11:13 PM »
Just got this today.  My order was placed at their HK site.  ???
I guess we'll know after the DVD arrives.  I hope it does this time.  Unlike my Dare Devil order.

Re Order No 46920706

Just to let you know that
DVD Video Resident Evil: Apocalypse (DTS) has been dispatched.

Please allow 5 to 7 days for the goods to arrive.
If after this time, you are still waiting for your item, please let us know.
This completes your order. Thank you for shopping at http://www.cd-wow.com

Come back and shop with us again soon.
Kind regards
Customer Service
www.cd-wow.com
Customer Service Telephone 0870 3500899 (Monday - Friday 0900 - 1700 GMT)

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005 at 04:00 PM »
Just got this today.  My order was placed at their HK site.  ???
I guess we'll know after the DVD arrives.  I hope it does this time.  Unlike my Dare Devil order.

Good for you!  If you're going to compare the prices in the Hongkong site with the prices in the UK site, the Hongkong site is cheaper by a few pesos.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2005 at 10:15 AM »
Just recently tried CD-Wow and their free delivery.  It does beat the prices at Amazon and CD connection with their shipping charges.  But theyhave limited CD titles compared with amazon.   I just hope the local postal bureau don't mess things up like they did with my previous purchases with CD Connection.

CD-WOW.COM is priced in GB pounds and the CD-WOW.NET is priced in Euros.   What exchange rates are you using with the peso?  Thanks.  I had an online site do the exchange rate calculation but am not sure if that would be the same rate used by credit cards.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005 at 10:51 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2005 at 03:16 PM »
Just recently tried CD-Wow and their free delivery.  It does beat the prices at Amazon and CD connection with their shipping charges.  But theyhave limited CD titles compared with amazon.   I just hope the local postal bureau don't mess things up like they did with my previous purchases with CD Connection.

CD-WOW.COM is priced in GB pounds and the CD-WOW.NET is priced in Euros.   What exchange rates are you using with the peso?  Thanks.  I had an online site do the exchange rate calculation but am not sure if that would be the same rate used by credit cards.

If you're accessing cd-wow.net, you have a choice of prices either in US dollars or German Deutschemarks.  To know the estimated Philippine peso equivalent, I access www.xe.com/ucc which converts various currencies using mid-market rates.  However, the actual peso equivalent just like when ordering from amazon or other online store is dependent on the current conversion rate of your credit card.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2005 at 04:08 PM »
If you're accessing cd-wow.net, you have a choice of prices either in US dollars or German Deutschemarks.  To know the estimated Philippine peso equivalent, I access www.xe.com/ucc which converts various currencies using mid-market rates.  However, the actual peso equivalent just like when ordering from amazon or other online store is dependent on the current conversion rate of your credit card.

You're right, I didn't notice those two countries of choice on the left column.

And that's also the site i'm using for the exchange rate. 

Mukhang mas mahal sa CD-Wow with their $ pricing.  The Clone Wars DVD at amazon is only $13.99.  $16.95 sa CD-Wow.  Pero cheaper pa rin when you add shipping charges.