Author Topic: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?  (Read 19586 times)

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: cd-wow.com > free delivery around the world?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2005 at 12:33 AM »
Good for you!  If you're going to compare the prices in the Hongkong site with the prices in the UK site, the Hongkong site is cheaper by a few pesos.
The registered mail advise finally came in. It took more than 2 weeks!
I still have to claim the DVD from the Makati P.O. though and sehll out 30Php (hopefully)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Jun 16, 2005 at 01:00 PM »
My hats off to CD-WOW for efficient and friendly customer service!

My 2 DVD orders have not arrived after nearly three weeks from order date.  Informed them about it via email and got a prompt reply (within minutes) that they will ship another set to me, no questions asked.

After another two weeks, no deliveries.  Informed them about it and the reply was even faster than before.  They'll refund my payments thanking me again for patronizing them.  Within minutes I got a refund message to take effect within 5 days. 

How I wish I can still get more CDs and DVDs from them.  But if those orders continue to get lost in the mail, I don't see much point. 

This is already the third time my orders got lost in the mail.  The first two were from Amazon.  Wonder if the Paranaque post office is to blame.  >:(

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 03:53 PM »
hi sirs,by credit card lang ba orders sa cdwow?thanks. ;D

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Jul 31, 2005 at 04:07 PM »
there are different methods sir. you'll see your options upon checkout. :)

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #34 on: Aug 16, 2005 at 01:41 PM »
hi,

i ordered 2 cds from cdwwow and got the first package today (delivered straight to my ofc). am still waiting for the 2nd cd to arrive. (they shipped the cds separately). both were dispatched last aug. 4 from hongkong. will keep you guys posted when the other cd arrives. they seem to be quite reliable! a cd costs around P800 - P900 pesos.

Offline radiohead

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #35 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:00 PM »
update:

the 2nd cd never arrived so i emailed them. they sent a replacement sept.1 and i got it sept 23. so they're reliable indeed. will buy from them again!

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 04:38 PM »
oks naman sila pati customer service...la ako naging prob sa more than 5 cds na na order ko....kaya lang di na ako maka transact for this year...nire reject card ko...parang gusto nila pareho billing address saka delivery address....dati hindi ganon.
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Oct 20, 2006 at 07:15 AM »
Last Oct. 10, I ordered the Region 3 2-disc Special Edition of X-Men 3.  Although my order was initially cancelled due to a problem with my billing address, I was able to successfully make another order.  The DVD was sent out Oct. 12 and was delivered on Oct. 18 -- less than a week after it was dispatched.  The site I ordered I ordered from was cd-wow.com.  I've read somewhere that it was better to order from their Hongkong site (cd-wow.com.hk) since mabilis daw ang delivery.  I guess delivery time is the same whether you order through cd-wow.com, cd-wow.com.hk, or cd-wow.net -- since their stocks come from Hongkong.  Nagkakaiba lang sa currencies.

I'm very satisfied with the delivery time, free delivery and reasonable price (P835.00 as compared to P900 for 2-disc Viva releases).  However, nabigla ako when I opened the package to find that the DVD case was not wrapped or sealed in plastic, unlike R1 DVDs or even locally purchased DVDs na lagi naka-seal in plastic shrink-wrap.   Although the discs inside were in very good condition (no scratches), nagtataka lang ako kung bakit hindi siya naka-seal.  I've written CD-Wow regarding this matter and I received the following reply:

"Please be informed that item we receive from the manufacturers are sometimes not laminated due to cut in cost from their side.

However, i can assure that the items are all genuine and are of superior quality."

Since this is the first time I've ordered a Hongkong R3 DVD, I would just like to confirm with other members who have ordered or bought DVDs from Hongkong kung hindi nga kadalasan naka-seal ang mga ito.   Nagtataka lang ako kung bakit sila nagtitipid sa plastic seal?  I'm not used to buying brand-new DVDs na hindi naka-seal.
 ???

« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2006 at 07:17 AM by rafgar »

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Oct 29, 2006 at 11:30 PM »
i have bought a lot of dvds from cd-wow and i have never received an unwrapped dvd.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #39 on: Nov 04, 2006 at 06:44 PM »
just got my very first order from cd-wow, shipped last thu. i dont know if their airmail shipping is fast or singapore's PO system is that good. also got the dvd sealed. they're very recommended indeed with their fast shipping and great customer service. i have two complains though. first, the dvd had no bubblewrap protection. maybe because i only ordered one. anyway, got it in good condition. second, the declared value is printed in the box, a risk of being charged with custom tax.
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2006 at 06:51 PM by RNIverson »

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 08:10 AM »
just got my very first order from cd-wow, shipped last thu. i dont know if their airmail shipping is fast or singapore's PO system is that good. also got the dvd sealed. they're very recommended indeed with their fast shipping and great customer service. i have two complains though. first, the dvd had no bubblewrap protection. maybe because i only ordered one. anyway, got it in good condition. second, the declared value is printed in the box, a risk of being charged with custom tax.

CD-Wow seems not to have any standard in terms of packaging.  My last order was just one dvd and it came in a box lined with bubble wrap -- 'yung nga lang hindi naka-seal 'yung DVD.  Tapos, the declared value on the sticker label was deliberately covered with packing tape.  But I have to say that their service is quite fast.    They responded quickly to my email messages and of course, the DVD arrived in just a few days.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 09:14 AM »
mine also have that packaging tape in the box, but it was taped below the declared value so the dvd price is still displayed. nagkamali ng lagay?  ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 01:19 PM »

made a mistake, the box had a one-layer bubblewrap. hope for large orders they include more

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 07:09 PM »
cd-wow always ship the DVDs individually.

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 05, 2006 at 11:58 PM »
even if you order 2 or more  ???

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 07:15 AM »
yes. my orders always come in separate packages.

Offline groucho

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 06:06 PM »
Hope somebody can help.

cd-wow.us now states that it will receive orders only coming from the US and Canada.  This is new....as I just managed to buy an Audio CD from this website a couple of weeks ago.

So, what cd-wow webpage should I use to order from Manila and have the stuff sent to Manila?

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #47 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 06:30 PM »
Dito ako naka register. Waiting for home delivery (Marikina) of my order which was dispatched today.

http://www3.cd-wow.com/index_1.php

Offline groucho

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Mar 26, 2007 at 06:51 PM »
Chito C.,

Were the prices quoted in USD or British pounds?

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #49 on: Mar 28, 2007 at 04:42 PM »
British pounds

Offline kim85

• Apprentice
  • Oscar boy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Apr 26, 2007 at 12:46 PM »
i still haven't made orders from cd-wow and amazon because i'm scared of the billing. do these two necessary need their customers to have a credit card? because i prefer to pay them in cash, i mean, through atm or cash deposit in a bank stating their account numbers, etc. I still haven't applied for a credit card, therefore i do not have one.

so do i really need a credit card first in order for me to place an order?

Offline petixs

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Feb 02, 2008 at 11:23 PM »
This is great news!

So whats the update, can we still order through the HK site? ::)

Offline jobimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Feb 24, 2008 at 04:21 PM »
Finally tried this out and i would echo all the praises previously posted... their customer service is FAST!!!

My order was late by a few days so I emailed them as a followup. Not only did they respond in a matter of minutes, they even offered to reverse my transaction after one email exchange! Though the next day the item finally showed up, so I had to do the right thing :)

I don't think it matters which site u transact with, I went through the UK website but the package stated that it was shipped from HK...

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #53 on: Feb 28, 2008 at 04:18 AM »
Hi Guys! ;D I had just placed an order with CDWOW for two dvd titles as they were really cheap.
>Mr. & Mrs. Smith R1 for HK$50.00; and
>Underworld: 2 disc Extended Edition R2 for HK$50.00
Total order is HK$100.00 x Php5.16 per HK$ = Php516.00 only with free shipping.

We'll see how long it will take for this to be delivered or picked-up from the post office.
I will certainly post results for this transaction. Hopefully everything goes well. ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2008 at 04:41 AM by stickfighter »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Feb 29, 2008 at 04:24 AM »
Hi Guys! ;D I had just placed an order with CDWOW for two dvd titles as they were really cheap.
>Mr. & Mrs. Smith R1 for HK$50.00; and
>Underworld: 2 disc Extended Edition R2 for HK$50.00
Total order is HK$100.00 x Php5.16 per HK$ = Php516.00 only with free shipping.

We'll see how long it will take for this to be delivered or picked-up from the post office.
I will certainly post results for this transaction. Hopefully everything goes well. ;D

Since my last post, I tried to check the PO number they provided me online, so that I can check the status of my order. When I entered the number in, the website said that there is no order with that number in their records. :o I immediately emailed customer service and provided all the details they need to be able to trace my order. After 30 or some minutes, I got a reply from them stating that the order is in and has been processed. It is waiting to be picked-up by the postman and they said that I can expect it to be  delivered within 6-8 days. ;D I shall post an update once I get them. ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 08:07 AM »
Since my last post, I tried to check the PO number they provided me online, so that I can check the status of my order. When I entered the number in, the website said that there is no order with that number in their records. :o I immediately emailed customer service and provided all the details they need to be able to trace my order. After 30 or some minutes, I got a reply from them stating that the order is in and has been processed. It is waiting to be picked-up by the postman and they said that I can expect it to be  delivered within 6-8 days. ;D I shall post an update once I get them. ;)

New update...received an email stating that the items I ordered had already shipped out of their facility. I should expect delivery within 7 days. Email states that if I don't receive the dvd's in 7 days, I should notify them. ;D I shall post further updates...
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2008 at 01:13 AM by stickfighter »

Offline djdeejay

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Mar 01, 2008 at 11:56 AM »
i will try to order at cdwow

Offline JoNi

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Mar 07, 2008 at 10:40 AM »
Ordered online last February 28, until now status is still awaiting shipment.
Epson 3020e
Onkyo SR373
Polk Audio Speakers
Panasonic BDT 220
PS3 FAT

Offline taurus_cute

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Mar 07, 2008 at 03:36 PM »
CD-WOW gives an innovative method to circumvent added retail cost by ordering the DVD or the CD from its supplier stripped of its plastic packing and utilizing a cheaper postal delivery route called World Post. If not for the e-mail and text messaging, a cheaper postal service such as World Post would not have been offered because media items like CD or DVDs are normally imposed a tariff or Customs tax. Due to the massive slowdown of the postal service being an anachronistic snail mail in an age of e-mail - they're gasping for a another breath of life by offering World Post. The only (insignificant) drawback is that CD-WOW could not collectively mail your total order in one package because to do so is to get "noticed' - by the tariff police.
But I have no cause to complain about that. Its a brilliant idea that if known by more Filipino videophiles, could impact Amazon's DVD business' purse. Wow's mad-genius marketing scheme delivers two salivating benefits: comparatively lowest cost retail price and fast delivery. A lethal combination indeed.
But then Wow seems to be a European-based operation with a British principal, hence in 9 out of 10 cases their film stock is coded at Region 2 & 4. For players thats locked up at Region 3, its an inconvenience. But for folks like me who sees a Region-3 locked equipment as a bedlam straighjacket being twined around a player, and so wisely take a ZERO Region hardware - a PAL DVD is a godsend. Thats because at  576 video line resolution it technically offers a better, more detailed picture than any NTSC-set disks.
The site's inventory, admittedly, is very limited but its only from Wow that I finally got a DVD copy of an obscure, hopelessly forgotten film called FIRE ICE & DYNAMITE. A film about a mad race similar to 1960s Its A Mad Mad World but transplanted in the 1990s and has a hundred times more kinetics, testosterone and adrenaline thrills. As well, I finally got a copy of a Europe-only musical documentary called THE STYLE COUNCIL ON FILM - a staple DVD for New Wave-era nostalgists whose musical eclectism also meant having relished too 80s jazz and exotic lounge music.
You just hope that your CD-WOW packet will not get the rapacious attention from the mga halang ang kaluluwa sa post office....

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Mar 07, 2008 at 10:02 PM »
New update...received an email stating that the items I ordered had already shipped out of their facility. I should expect delivery within 7 days. Email states that if I don't receive the dvd's in 7 days, I should notify them. ;D I shall post further updates...

New Update...I received a mail notification from the post office informing me to go there and pick-up my package. There is a fee of Php35.00 indicated in the postal notice. Not bad at all. From order to delivery, total turnaround time is 8 days.:o Also, the price is reasonable as well...total money shed out is Php551.00 for one R1 dvd and one R2 dvd. I will definitely order more dvd's from CD-WOW!!! ;D

I shall pick-up the dvd's on Monday and will post conditions of the dvd. I will also post pictures to share how the packaging looks when they dispatch our orders...stay tuned!!! :P