Author Topic: Willie Revillame: WHY???  (Read 141777 times)

Offline toughthrone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ate President Cory Aquino and Wowowee
« Reply #30 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 01:06 PM »
may point naman talaga si willie. it is really not right to show the funeral side-by-side with wowowee kung saan nagsasaya sila.

ang mali talaga kay willie, hindi siya marunong ng diplomasya. pwede naman sabihin yun off-air. or pwedeng sabihin sa mas mabuting paraan. pero hindi, diniretso nya, to the point na parang feeling niya nung time na yun ay nagpapakabanal pa siya. backfire tuloy.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #31 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:29 PM »
may point naman talaga si willie. it is really not right to show the funeral side-by-side with wowowee kung saan nagsasaya sila.

ang mali talaga kay willie, hindi siya marunong ng diplomasya. pwede naman sabihin yun off-air. or pwedeng sabihin sa mas mabuting paraan. pero hindi, diniretso nya, to the point na parang feeling niya nung time na yun ay nagpapakabanal pa siya. backfire tuloy.

Thats really the problem with him -- sira ulo din talaga, wala tayo magagawa yan ang nature nya. so explain sya ng explain.  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:44 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with the video insert. The event was of national importance. Any intelligent person will know to segregate the content of Wowowee and the video feed of the wake. Yung makitid lang ang utak ang hindi makakaintindi nun, gaya ni Willie.

And that explanation that he wanted to give way to the telecast of the wake? I call BS on that. He loves to make himself look good when he sees an opportunity to do so but backtracks when caught in a corner. I remember when the stampede happened, he claimed that he was there making ocular inspections every single day and coordinating crowd control. When the lawsuits came out, he did a complete 180 and said he didn't have any say over crowd control. Both times, he was trying his best to cry.

Willie's a stupid twat.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:49 PM by indie boi »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #33 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:48 PM »
I can understand the intent.  He was affected by the death of Cory and would not be able to do his job of hosting the show.  Kaso I think he wanted to come off as a very concerned and sensitive guy.  Nagpapakapogi or nagpapakabida kung baga.  Ang dating tuloy eh naiistorbo siya dun sa live feed.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:51 PM »
If he was really affected by the death then he could've made Wowowee a more sober program for that day (just like what Eat Bulaga did on the day Francis died). But no, he allowed that woman to gyrate like a stripper. Where's the sincerity in that?

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 02:55 PM »
Exactly.....nakakita ng opportunity na pwede magpabida.  Ayun nag backfire.

Offline garyMD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 03:01 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with the video insert. The event was of national importance. Any intelligent person will know to segregate the content of Wowowee and the video feed of the wake. Yung makitid lang ang utak ang hindi makakaintindi nun, gaya ni Willie.

And that explanation that he wanted to give way to the telecast of the wake? I call BS on that. He loves to make himself look good when he sees an opportunity to do so but backtracks when caught in a corner. I remember when the stampede happened, he claimed that he was there making ocular inspections every single day and coordinating crowd control. When the lawsuits came out, he did a complete 180 and said he didn't have any say over crowd control. Both times, he was trying his best to cry.

Willie's a stupid twat.

hehehe...a lot of BS talaga!
Good friends are good for your health.
by Irwin Sarason :D

Offline marvs

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • I am an amateur
  • Liked:
Re: Late President Cory Aquino and Wowowee
« Reply #37 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 04:34 PM »
Here is a petition to oust Willie.

http://www.petitiononline.com/badwilly/petition.html

Lets do our part maybe something good might come out of this.........

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 05:14 PM »
Just watched it now.  I think he meant well.  Showing live feeds of the coffin in a festive noontime show seems really a bit off.  But he could have said it in a nice way or off the air.  Knowing Willie, I wasn't surprised how it came off his mouth.  He did it again :'(

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #39 on: Aug 06, 2009 at 09:09 PM »
Here's my simple thoughts on this... what the station managers itself did was not correct (to force a show of Willie to go on while the nation is mourning)... however, the way Willie delivered his point on air and the choice of words is also quite incorrect and the way he claimed to have made Cory happy through his show seems too assuming and someone whose fame and fortune has gotten in his head...

----
Forwarded text message attacks Willie Revillame's "disrespectful" act in Wowowee yesterday
----

Isang forwarded text message ang nakarating sa PEP (Philippine Entertainment Portal) na kumokondena sa naging gawi ng TV host na si Willie Revillame sa kanyang noontime show sa ABS-CBN na Wowowee kahapon, Agosto 3.

Sa kalagitnaan kasi ng isang portion sa Wowowee kahapon, ipinatanggal ni Willie ang kasabay na live coverage ng motorcade ng paglilipat ng mga labi ni dating Pangulong Corazon C. Aquino mula sa La Salle, Greenhills, San Juan City, papuntang Manila Cathedral sa Intramuros, Manila.

Ang forwarded text message ay tila text campaign laban sa ginawa ni Willie sa Wowowee.

Sabi sa forwarded text: "In Willie Revillame's show yesterday, dey wr showin a clip of Cory's motorcade sa inset. He suddenly freaks out on air & says "Ano ba yan!!! Kung gusto nyo pakita yan, yan na lang. Kung ako, ako lang. Nagsasaya kmi d2 sa show na 2. Ayusin nyo yan!(") It was disrespectful. Jus d other day hs boss Gabby Lopez profusely thankd Cory 4givin dem bak ABS-CBN. now Willie shuns her! Wat a disgrace! Pls pass so others wud kno."

Nakakuha ng clip ang PEP ng nasabing insidenteng iyon sa Wowowee at sa mismong show, nagpaliwanag naman si Willie kung bakit ayaw niyang kino-coverage ang motorcade ni Tita Cory habang nagsyo-show sila. (click here for the video clip)

Paliwanag ni Willie, "Kung ganyan, pakita na lang natin 'yan. Kasi nagsasaya kami dito, tapos... Masakit sa akin 'yan, e. Nagsasalita ako dito... 'yan, please. Sana maintindihan nyo. Nagsasaya kami dito, papakita n'yo sa amin yun ang... di ba? Hindi tama, e. Okey? Hindi ba?"

Patuloy pa ni Willie, "Pangit! Hindi ho maganda sa atin. Nagsasalita, ipinapakita yung kabaong ni Tita Cory, hindi ba? Papano kami makapagsasaya, nahihirapan kami? I'm sorry ho, ha. Pero ako, totoo ako, e. 'Wag nyo akong pagagalitan, kasi totoo ang gusto kong malaman...

"Pagkatapos ng show, ipakita n'yo ang gusto n'yong palabas. Kasi itong Wowowee, gusto ko... Hindi ba, at alam din ni Tita Cory 'yan dahil napasaya rin siya ng show na ito na laging masaya dito, ok?"

Humingi rin ng pasensiya si Willie sa ABS-CBN president na si Charo Santos-Concio matapos niyang magpaliwanag. "Ma'am Charo, sorry. E nahihirapan ako ng ganyan, e."

Tinanggal naman ng ABS-CBN ang live feed ng coverage ng motorcade ng mga labi ni Tita Cory habang nagsasalita pa si Willie. Pero kitang-kita sa mukha ni Willie ang pagkainis sa nangyari.

Offline Royginald

• Collector
  • PinoyPSP@PinoyDVD
  • Liked:
Willie requests removal of(live coverage)Tita Cory's Funeral
« Reply #40 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 01:02 AM »
Tama ba na paalisin nya yung coverage inserts/PIP?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNTy6sM42iw&feature=related

Many Condemn the Act
And created a petition

Sign lang po if you felt offended by the act

. . .

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Willie requests removal of(live coverage)Tita Cory's Funeral
« Reply #41 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 01:19 AM »
I guess tama naman si Willie.  It's inappropriate to show the Procession of Cory side by side with Wowowees gyrating dancers.  I guess it's the way Willie said his statements which I think offend some TV viewers.  If at all, I think ABS-CBN is at fault for inserting the TV coverage of Cory's Procession in WOWOWee's show. 
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 02:27 AM »
I'm definitely not the biggest Willie fan... but he really does have a point.  You could see that he was trying his best to be sensitive... mahirap lang sabihin ng maayos.  It was a damned if you do damned if you don't situation for him.  If anything, it was stupid for ABS-CBN to be showing the transport during the show since it just wouldn't have felt right for anybody in the studio as well as for the viewing public to show a group laughing and dancing while at the same time showing the country in mourning. 

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
Re: Wowowee: Willie requests removal of Aquino wake inset
« Reply #43 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 05:19 AM »
pwede naman kc nya sabihin in private but no that's not willie, syempre mahilig magpasikat at lapad papel kaya dapat public nya gawin...un ang problema...maganda man ang intenyon bastos parin ang dating... >:(

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 05:43 AM »
is it really sensitivity or a chance to grandstand?  with willie's history, it certainly looks more like the latter.

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 06:45 AM »
maybe he meant well...just don't know how to say it properly coz he didn't have finesse. one of his karma but maybe, this once, let's give it to the guy.  ;)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 08:03 AM »
Finesse and meaning well -- two things I am pretty sure he doesn't have.

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #47 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 08:33 AM »
I'm definitely not the biggest Willie fan... but he really does have a point.  You could see that he was trying his best to be sensitive... mahirap lang sabihin ng maayos.  It was a damned if you do damned if you don't situation for him.  If anything, it was stupid for ABS-CBN to be showing the transport during the show since it just wouldn't have felt right for anybody in the studio as well as for the viewing public to show a group laughing and dancing while at the same time showing the country in mourning. 

I think the station was stupid.

However, I really think that he made the point more unacceptable by his statements and the way he delivered it... it was more centered on him and his show and not the other way around... read / watch carefully how he stated it... there's a big difference in the way he conveyed it --- so in my book he is far more stupid and a lot of air has gotten in his head to act and handle the situation that way...

>:(

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #48 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 08:58 AM »
He says he meant well and he apologized. And yes, station and host acted stupidly. Perhaps we should leave it at that.

Honestly guys, we have bigger fish to fry - like the Philippine News Agency whose disinformation gave international media the impression that Mrs. Arroyo led memorial services for Cory, and that the Malacanang mass was attended by officials and dignitaries - a half truth that made it to CNN and the BBC.

That was truly insulting and deserves an online petition for all of them to burn in their personal hell of lies.
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2009 at 09:08 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2378
« Reply #49 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 09:32 AM »
Somewhat related to topic ;D..Willie naman pinagpausapan ;D

I never really like Willie. He is so fake imo. I really don't know why more people watch wowwowee than eat bulaga (no offense on those that like wowwowee more ;D). Maybe bec people find Joey "bastos" in eat bulaga. I think the reason is more "social" people like the balikbayans, foreigners, etc. watch this stupid show ;D. joke joke..So many people showing placards there saying hello to someone, somewhere in america. Kadiri man :D ;D ABSCBN pa ang station, mas social kaysa GMA ;D. Anyway opinion ko lang ;D

Also notice Willie never wanna give away the prizes ::)..He is so obvious. On the vaseline game where you pick a color, a lot of times he will threaten to open it at 20 thousand so the contestant will back out and take the money instead. He will open it right away and BAM its 200,000 in there. Another was the pera or bayong, where one time   this lady always pick bayong, she feels it. I think Willie went all the way up to 100 to 120 thou and the lady had second thoughts and said "pera nalang" silently. Well guess what Willie opened it instantly. The bayong contained 1 or 2 million ata. He did not even ask the lady "sure ka pera na" Style niya bulok. I think he has more heart for the sponsors rather than the contestants. Unlike Vic Sotto, he is cool and will give you hints on his laban or bawi. Anyway OT na talaga. Mga na nood ko lang..

« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2009 at 09:47 AM by Moks007 »

Offline ment

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 10:18 AM »
I guess tama naman si Willie.  It's inappropriate to show the Procession of Cory side by side with Wowowees gyrating dancers.  I guess it's the way Willie said his statements which I think offend some TV viewers.  If at all, I think ABS-CBN is at fault for inserting the TV coverage of Cory's Procession in WOWOWee's show. 

tama it should have been ABS-CBN's fault!

Now it is both their fault!

ano ba naman ang 40 Million pesos or more on loss advertisement revenue? para naman sa taong nagsauli ng company sa kanila naman?? THANKS FOR YOUR SINCERITY ABS-CBN ..... your true color is also showing out

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 10:30 AM »
He says he meant well and he apologized. And yes, station and host acted stupidly. Perhaps we should leave it at that.

Honestly guys, we have bigger fish to fry - like the Philippine News Agency whose disinformation gave international media the impression that Mrs. Arroyo led memorial services for Cory, and that the Malacanang mass was attended by officials and dignitaries - a half truth that made it to CNN and the BBC.

That was truly insulting and deserves an online petition for all of them to burn in their personal hell of lies.

Wow, that's low. I'll check the articles out. I used to be a desk editor for PNA and honestly it's really a government PR arm more than anything. Though the pro government slant was very subtle when I was there (but it was my own form of subversion to edit or reject government slanted articles when I man the desk). I guess this is one more agency that has been totally corrupted by Arroyo.

Offline nizmo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 10:45 AM »
Here is a petition to oust Willie.

Lets do our part maybe something good might come out of this.........

+1
i signed already...
i hope abscbn will do something... to oust mr. Willie >:(
ang sabi nga "TAMA NA, SOBRA NA, PALITAN NA"

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 11:13 AM »
Somewhat related to topic ;D..Willie naman pinagpausapan ;D

I never really like Willie. He is so fake imo. I really don't know why more people watch wowwowee than eat bulaga (no offense on those that like wowwowee more ;D). Maybe bec people find Joey "bastos" in eat bulaga. I think the reason is more "social" people like the balikbayans, foreigners, etc. watch this stupid show ;D. joke joke..So many people showing placards there saying hello to someone, somewhere in america. Kadiri man :D ;D ABSCBN pa ang station, mas social kaysa GMA ;D. Anyway opinion ko lang ;D

Also notice Willie never wanna give away the prizes ::)..He is so obvious. On the vaseline game where you pick a color, a lot of times he will threaten to open it at 20 thousand so the contestant will back out and take the money instead. He will open it right away and BAM its 200,000 in there. Another was the pera or bayong, where one time   this lady always pick bayong, she feels it. I think Willie went all the way up to 100 to 120 thou and the lady had second thoughts and said "pera nalang" silently. Well guess what Willie opened it instantly. The bayong contained 1 or 2 million ata. He did not even ask the lady "sure ka pera na" Style niya bulok. I think he has more heart for the sponsors rather than the contestants. Unlike Vic Sotto, he is cool and will give you hints on his laban or bawi. Anyway OT na talaga. Mga na nood ko lang..

it's influenced by TFC and really, i have relatives from the US and one of the first things they want to do once they visited the Philippines is to drop by ABS and watch wowowee and see Willie in person. they also want to buy jackets, bags, cups..whathaveyou's of ABS/wowowee and  are proud to wear it when they got back to the US.
we can't do anything but indulged them.  ::)
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2009 at 11:13 AM by garyMD »

Offline joey escalera

• Collector
  • taragyis na yan
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 11:40 AM »
+1
i signed already...
i hope abscbn will do something... to oust mr. Willie >:(
ang sabi nga "TAMA NA, SOBRA NA, PALITAN NA"

yaiks...madadagdagan na naman ang unemployed sa pinas kung sakali.. :D
wawa naman willie at un mga umaasa sa knya kung sakali...tsk tsk tsk..mga pinoy talaga...very sensitive..

Offline JuMpSt@rT

• Collector
  • JuMpSt@rT
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 01:26 PM »
wawa naman willie at un mga umaasa sa knya kung sakali...tsk tsk tsk..mga pinoy talaga...very sensitive..

? ? ?
« Last Edit: Aug 07, 2009 at 01:27 PM by JuMpSt@rT »

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 02:03 PM »

wawa?   ;D  hhhmmm...someone who has a yacht, several houses including one in tagaytay highlands, numerous luxury cars, hundreds of millions of pesos, lots of high priced properties.....i don't think so.   ;)

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 02:12 PM »
wawa?   ;D  hhhmmm...someone who has a yacht, several houses including one in tagaytay highlands, numerous luxury cars, hundreds of millions of pesos, lots of high priced properties.....i don't think so.   ;)

i agree. nagtatampisaw yan sa pera. ang kawawa yung naloloko ng programa nya..ho-hum... >:(

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 02:18 PM »
I think what was wrong was the statement: "nagpapakasaya kami dito tapos pinapakita nyo yan."

It made it look like that their festive atmosphere was far more important that the images of the Tita Cory's coffin was interfering with them and their festive atmosphere. It would have been more acceptable and civil if he had said na "hindi maganda tingnan dahil parang binabastos namin si Tita Cory dahil nagsasaya kami ngayon, hindi po sa ganoon, sana maunawaan ninyo kaya ko po gusto sana ialis pansamantala ang live feed."
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009 at 09:11 AM by GC »
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline garyMD

• Collector
  • Life is A Gift!
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: Aug 07, 2009 at 02:35 PM »
I think what was wrong was the statement: "nagpapakasaya kami dito tapos pinapakita nyo yan."

It looked like that their festive atmosphere was far more important that the images of the Tita Cory's coffin was interfering with them and their festive atmosphere. It would have been more acceptable and civil if he had said na "hindi maganda tingnan dahil parang binabastos namin si Tita Cory dahil nagsasaya kami ngayon, hindi po sa ganoon, sana maunawaan ninyo kaya ko po gusto sana ialis pansamantala ang live feed."

pagpasensyahan na. kumbaga sa english, wrong grammar lang sya.  ;D