Author Topic: Found a pair of surround speakers- what to do  (Read 539 times)

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Found a pair of surround speakers- what to do
« on: Aug 27, 2009 at 09:53 AM »
Hi guys,

found these sa bodega, tamang tama wala akong surrounds and baka pwede ko sya magamit pansamantagal.

These is from my old Home theater in a box, about 8years ago.

Can I connect this to my avr? What do i  need to put sa existing wiring ko? add an rca to connect to this speakers?

thanks a lot!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: Found a pair of surround speakers- what to do
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:06 AM »
buy a 14 awg speaker wire then an rca connector and you are all set.  I initially thought of using an ordinary rca cable and cutting the other end to connect to your AVR but I don't think you can find an rca cable long enough for surrounds, also it is better to buy a decent speaker wire so that you can use it when you install a better surround speakers.

when I bought a sub woofer cable and an rca connector at listening room, they had it (the cable and the rca connector) connected free of charge.

hth

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Found a pair of surround speakers- what to do
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2009 at 10:18 AM »
buy a 14 awg speaker wire then an rca connector and you are all set.  I initially thought of using an ordinary rca cable and cutting the other end to connect to your AVR but I don't think you can find an rca cable long enough for surrounds, also it is better to buy a decent speaker wire so that you can use it when you install a better surround speakers.

when I bought a sub woofer cable and an rca connector at listening room, they had it (the cable and the rca connector) connected free of charge.

hth

thanks for the response! I alread have an existing wire, I usedto  have surround speakers, I needed to let them go, pero I retained the wires. I guess I can just bring it to a shop and have them connect the  RCA to the wires. ;)

I wonder how this will sound. ;D

tnx again!
The handsomest and the happiest ;b