Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 411140 times)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #240 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:08 PM »
I am not sure about this but I think the PQ of wdtv is slightly better than this..need to get my eyes checked.. ???

same here bro.....i guess they are all the same ( already tested different nmt's ) but this one is the closest so far to wdtv's PQ

While I havent noticed much on the net regarding WD's PQ being better than other NMTs, however I do recall some friends here saying that the PQ of WD is stunning.
I do have a WD and I cant help but to agree since I dont have any other media player to compare it to - but it certainly has its limitations which is why I'm leaning towards the Xtreamer.

To Disturbed & XmeTal - maybe you guys could kindly describe the difference you noticed?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM »
Thank you for the prompt clarification regarding HD audio bitstreaming - Mr. Bitstream.  :)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 at 12:15 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #242 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
Hmmm... FW 2.0 seems very promising..  :)

Though based on feedback medyo mas mabagal daw ang loading because of more complicated UI. Pero kung mas maganda naman, then the load time is worth the wait hehe!!!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #243 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 01:14 PM »
^ i agree..kung boot up lang naman eh walan cguro problema kung gnun

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 01:20 PM »
While I havent noticed much on the net regarding WD's PQ being better than other NMTs, however I do recall some friends here saying that the PQ of WD is stunning.
I do have a WD and I cant help but to agree since I dont have any other media player to compare it to - but it certainly has its limitations which is why I'm leaning towards the Xtreamer.

To Disturbed & XmeTal - maybe you guys could kindly describe the difference you noticed?

I am not sure kung masagot ko ung question sir macdon..pero kasi nung ni play ko ung mga movies (not animated) na alam ko ung PQ sa wdtv eh prng me something missing..mas alive and sharper sa wdtv pero slight lang naman..

cguro dahil iba contrast or something ng wdtv kaya parang me wow effect..tried to up the contrast by 2 increments dun sa default setting eh mukhang nging ok na din..needs tweaking lang cguro..

about sa sharpness..slightly grainy minsan..notice it more pg dark scenes..pero pag tutok lang..pag dun sa ideal viewing position eh ok naman..
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 at 02:33 PM by disturbed »

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 06:56 PM »
thanks for the unit, boss eric. will try it out tonight.

re etrayz, hope you can ask the supplier to extend the special pricing to the philippines for a limited period. sa forum website nila, 59euro++ lang. sana this kind of discount can be offered to xtreamer buyers as well

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
They can only offer that EUR59 price over the web (and for a limited time at that), because it's subsidized by everybody who bought the Xtreamer from the website at full retail price.   

I already have an indication of the price; I estimate this will retail for under P9,000.00.  I may be able to  bring the price to P8,000.00 or less, but Xtreamer needs a minimum order of 50 sets to give a discount.

Hopefully, there will be enough interest in the e-TRAYz to warrant bringing it to the Philippines.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 08:29 PM »
thanks for the unit, boss eric. will try it out tonight.

re etrayz, hope you can ask the supplier to extend the special pricing to the philippines for a limited period. sa forum website nila, 59euro++ lang. sana this kind of discount can be offered to xtreamer buyers as well

Hi!  You have an eGreat, an HD-Pro... and now an Xtreamer!  Hope you like your newest baby  :D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
e-TRAYz Specs & Features
« Reply #248 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 09:30 PM »
Been wanting to learn more about the e-TRAYz?  Read on...

System
CPU: OXE8xx
Memory : 128MB
Flash : 4MB

HDD
HDD(3.5inch)*2

I/O Interface
USB Port *2
One Touch Copy Button

Buttons
Power, Reset, USB auto-copy

LAN
Wireless LAN (USB Type) : 802.11b/g/n
Wired LAN (Gbit) : 1

FAN
Smart FAN

Network
DHCP Server
Dynamic DNS : ***.myxtreamer.net
Jumbo Frame

Network File Protocol
CIFS, NFS, AFP

Additional Useful Protocol
FTP with SSL/TLS, SSH, Secure SMTP

Client Platform
Windows/Linux/ Mac

Web Server
Apache,MySQL, SQLite,PHP,Port # : 80

USB function
USB auto-copy, Volume Expansion (Owner : admin),
Wireless LAN, anese, French, Korean,Printer Server

Multimedia
iTunes Music Server, UPnP device, Port mapping

Rapid Box (Rapid Share)
Non-Member can upload file to admin
URL Link Mail & URL Link Copy
Recent event

SyncFolder
Synch Folder I share
Synch Folder Shared with me
Scheduled Folder Synch
Friend Management

e-TRAYz File Manager
e-TRAYz Disk for admin’ private space admin can
share sub-folders with members
Private Disk for members’ private space
Public Disk for sharing with local devices
USB Disk for USB Device and USB auto copy
Start on system startup
System Tray
Disk Connect /Disconnect

e-TRAYz Web File Manager
e-TRAYz Disk for admin’ private space admin can
share sub-folders with members
Private Disk for members’ private space
Public Disk for sharing with local devices (Media
Player, Game Device, SETOP Box etc.)
USB Disk for USB Device and USB auto copy
File & Folder up/download
URL Link Mail for Big Sized File
URL Link Copy
Port # : 8080

e-Downloader
Plugins – rapidshare.com, megaupload.com
Account Info. setting
Download Control setting

e-Torrent
torrent RSS - mininova, isohunt, torrentz
torrent search - mininova, isohunt, torrentz
torrent Download

HDD Management
RAID Level

Been wanting to know more about e-TRAYz?  Read on...

System Management
Web-Based administration
E-Mail Alert
Alarm Buzzer
Multi-User Account Mgmt.

Multi Language
English, Korean, Spanish, French, German, Dutch,
Danish, Italian, Russian, Hebrew, Czech, Hungarian,
Portuguese, Swedish, Slovenian Croatian boat,
Finnish, Polish, Romanian, Thai, Vietnamese, Greek,
Chinese

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
Hi!  You have an eGreat, an HD-Pro... and now an Xtreamer!  Hope you like your newest baby  :D

hopefully the search is over. had a problem with the internet access earlier but after rebooting the xtreamer, i can see the internet menu. kaya lang had problems playing the youtube and other files. yun pala kailangan i-update to 1.03 fw or somethhing. just downloaded it so expecting to fix it finally.

biggest issue, xtreamer cannot read my hard drive which uses ext3 file system. rechecked the xtreamer specs and it says it supports it. what do i do now?????? ??? the light indicator on the hard drive is on so the connection is on...

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 10:35 PM »
hopefully the search is over. had a problem with the internet access earlier but after rebooting the xtreamer, i can see the internet menu. kaya lang had problems playing the youtube and other files. yun pala kailangan i-update to 1.03 fw or somethhing. just downloaded it so expecting to fix it finally.

biggest issue, xtreamer cannot read my hard drive which uses ext3 file system. rechecked the xtreamer specs and it says it supports it. what do i do now?????? ??? the light indicator on the hard drive is on so the connection is on...

INTERNET ACCESS
There have been changes to the way video is being streamed from the internet. You have to update firmware to Ver 1.0.3.1 to be able to view videos.

ext3
Are you sure your drive is formatted with ext3 file system?
I have just attached a 1TB external HDD formatted with ext3 to an Xtreamer - it works perfectly.

The ff. posts were made sometime in Sept., I don't know if the ext2 issue has been solved by the latest firmware update.  Pls update your firmware to Ver 1.0.3.1 then try accessing your drive again.  

From Xtreamer Official Forum
Tested with other USB-HDDs: ext3 work, ext2 does not work.
Bug Ticket: tracker.php?p=1&t=148
Solution till now for V1.0.3.X: convert ext2 to ext3 without data loss with acronis disk director suite.

From Xtreamer Official Forum
External HDD USB Iomega 500 Gb (HDD Hitachi HD5725050KLAT80) don´t work in ext2 and work fine in ext3.Converted with acronis disk director suite.

« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:08 PM by Bitstream »

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM »
no more Internet issue after the firmware update. Kainis lang smart bro ko tonight, very sluggish. Btw, sa Internet menus, when it is loading instead of the usual gif file turning around like a clock , I get a lemon colored box that turns to green. This is more on aesthetics.

Thanks for the advice on the file system. Do you know I can confirm whether my drive is ext3 or ext2?

Galing ng service nyo sir!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:23 PM »
no more Internet issue after the firmware update. Kainis lang smart bro ko tonight, very sluggish. Btw, sa Internet menus, when it is loading instead of the usual gif file turning around like a clock , I get a lemon colored box that turns to green. This is more on aesthetics.

Thanks for the advice on the file system. Do you know I can confirm whether my drive is ext3 or ext2?

Galing ng service nyo sir!

On confirming whether drive is ext3 or ext2 - try using Acronis Disk Director Suite (which is what the guys used to convert from ext2 to ext3).  You can also use Ubuntu Linux Live! from a boot CD; but this can become quite involved.  Shortcut - ask whoever formatted your HDD (hopefully he/she remembers accurately)

Thanks for the kind words!
Good luck!

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:29 PM »
Will try it sir.

Tried watching trailers on YouTube and movie trailers folder and all the movies were pixelated. Ok naman the same files  before in my egreat. Could something be wrong in my settings?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Oct 19, 2009 at 11:54 PM »
Will try it sir.

Tried watching trailers on YouTube and movie trailers folder and all the movies were pixelated. Ok naman the same files  before in my egreat. Could something be wrong in my settings?

Have you set the correct video output (e.g. 1080p, 60Hz)? I don't have enough info to make conclusions about your settings.  If you have blocky, pixelated internet streaming video, it could be due to a slow data connection.

Take note that firmware Ver 2.0 will bring improvements:
(from 'mavvy', a beta-tester and active Xtreamer Forum member)
New HD GUI looks much cleaner, it has good quality. One thing which has to be tuned are font and maybe icon sizes. Youtube service looks better now. If you experience strange sizes in internet services like Youtube, Weather etc. with the current 1.0.3.x firmware, it could be due to the optimization for the higher resolution. Also note that higher resolution images for the new GUI need more time to load, so the final firmware could have a slightly longer bootup time. But I have the impression that navigating through the new GUI in long file lists is even faster than it was with the old GUI.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM by Bitstream »

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 12:30 AM »
confirmed my hdd is ext2 nga... :-[

read some reviews na the internet videos are really low resolution so i'm looking forward to the fw 2.0

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Something to look forward to
« Reply #256 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 07:41 AM »
confirmed my hdd is ext2 nga... :-[

read some reviews na the internet videos are really low resolution so i'm looking forward to the fw 2.0

That's the thing about new technology... we have to wait as the product gains maturity. The other side of the coin is that we will have something to look forward to  ;D

The good thing is that Xtreamer is really pouring lots of resources into releasing firmware updates.  Unlike other manufacturers, there's even a timetable given for subsequent releases.  Product announcements are also mapped out... like the e-TRAYz Personal Web Storage & Server as well as the IP Cameras that are coming in December (hopefully)

The existence of the Xtreamer Official Forum (www.forum.xtreamer.net) gives all of us reassurance that this is a serious company that will be here for the long haul. Now how many manufacturers do we know that have set up their own forums?  Is the community active?  Does the manufacturer actively participate in the forums?

Back to your drive formatting, natosan -- ext2 has some stability issues when used in NMT's like HDX 1000 and Popcorn Hour.  Their firmware no longer gives a choice to format in ext2.  IMO, you should go ahead and convert to ext3. 

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM »
now converting. 20 hours to go..... :o

tried the fw 2.0 beta. lots of improvement especially on the gui. internet is speedier as well. thing i don't understand is why they stick with the low resolution of the internet videos. it may take longer to load but at least give the customer the choice to maximize their displays.

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
now converting. 20 hours to go..... :o

tried the fw 2.0 beta. lots of improvement especially on the gui. internet is speedier as well. thing i don't understand is why they stick with the low resolution of the internet videos. it may take longer to load but at least give the customer the choice to maximize their displays.

You have a copy of the FW 2.0 sir?  :o
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 01:48 PM »
look for the link here...

http://www.iboum.com/pr/XTREAMER.php

remember, it's the beta version, not the official release... enjoy..

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 02:43 PM »
What's your feedback about the 2.0 sir natosan?  ::)

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:05 PM »
I am not sure kung masagot ko ung question sir macdon..pero kasi nung ni play ko ung mga movies (not animated) na alam ko ung PQ sa wdtv eh prng me something missing..mas alive and sharper sa wdtv pero slight lang naman..

cguro dahil iba contrast or something ng wdtv kaya parang me wow effect..tried to up the contrast by 2 increments dun sa default setting eh mukhang nging ok na din..needs tweaking lang cguro..

about sa sharpness..slightly grainy minsan..notice it more pg dark scenes..pero pag tutok lang..pag dun sa ideal viewing position eh ok naman..

update ko lang ito for sir macdon

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21501

others noticed the same too

hopefully the new FW will fix this

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:26 PM »

update ko lang ito for sir macdon

http://www.mpcclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21501

others noticed the same too

hopefully the new FW will fix this

Sir Disturbed - thank you po for your feedback, much appreciated.

While I'm leaning towards the xtreamer, I'm still waiting for the release of the WD2.......but then you may be right about the FW 2.0 fixing this issue ;)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #263 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:39 PM »

Sir Disturbed - thank you po for your feedback, much appreciated.

While I'm leaning towards the xtreamer, I'm still waiting for the release of the WD2.......but then you may be right about the FW 2.0 fixing this issue ;)

The wait is a killer my friend, good thing you have a WDTV... I have none! ;D ;D ;D

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:47 PM »
yes!may Xtreamer na sa Cebu. Got my unit today. Thanks sir Eric. ;D
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:48 PM »
np sir..hindi lang din ako mapakali kasi kaya naghahanap ako ng something relevant..posted sa xtreamer forum nga about it..pag balik ko wala na post ko..ni remove ata ng mods  ???

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 03:56 PM »

The wait is a killer my friend, good thing you have a WDTV... I have none! ;D ;D ;D

Antay lang ng konti brader.......sa dami mong projects, sandali na yan.  ;)

But kung ayaw mo mag caladryl - i-PM mo na kaagad si Eric (Bitstream) ;D

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:01 PM »
np sir..hindi lang din ako mapakali kasi kaya naghahanap ako ng something relevant..posted sa xtreamer forum nga about it..pag balik ko wala na post ko..ni remove ata ng mods  ???

Talaga? They removed your post about the degraded picture quality?

Actually, kahit ako parang napansin ko din na medyo inferior ang PQ nya compared to MediaPlayerClassic, not to mention the sound boost. Kulang talaga ang sound power nya.

Napansin ko din ito watching my MPEG4/Divx/Xvid movies ko na hindi HD. Lalo na pag yung movie panay dark scenes, parang mas pixelated sya at madalas loss of details.

Pero gamit na gamit ko pa din sya, I still prefer it than setting up my laptop just for watching movies hehe!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:02 PM by Tempter »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:01 PM »

Binura ng xtreamer forum mods?  ::)

hindi kaya misplaced lang?

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:13 PM »
sorry guys! found it..parang me delay yata nung ng submit ako..ni hi jack ko lang kasi isang thread  ;D

sound is really low and hollow..i remember my wdtv plays them ok..

I have posted pa nga sa amp thread dito on how to improve the SQ..checked the xtreamer forums that users find the sound output too hollow..pero sa music ko lang naman na notice..sa movies eh ok naman