Author Topic: Type N Wireless Router  (Read 5374 times)

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Re: Type N Wireless Router
« Reply #30 on: Sep 06, 2009 at 09:10 AM »
Allan, I also use this one... I got mine from HK.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 09:27 AM »

Hi Tony.  Have you tested the max range (in ft or meters)?  The wi-fi signal of the Buffalo Infiniti Im using in Tokyo could effectively reach about 50 meters - buti nalang locked.  
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2009 at 09:27 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline moejun

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • left brain by the popcorn stand
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 06:33 PM »
i'm also curious regarding this. what's the range when used in conjunction with a wifi G device? when used with an N device?
keyboard warrior, gay advocate

Offline borly

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • pinoyDVD
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Sep 11, 2009 at 07:40 AM »
i've been using an old linksys wrt54gs (supposedly with speedbooster) for the past 3 years, non-stop, 24/7 literally speaking hehe. the only rest it gets is when there are power outages. i guess i'm just lucky. a whole batch of wrt54gs had connection problems.

i was on the verge of getting another router though, a few months ago, and it was a toss up between the dir-655 and the belkin N-1. belkin gets the nod when it comes to aesthetics but you've got to give credit to dlink for churning out such a performer in the 655.

i use the same router. very happy with mine as well. :)

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 12, 2009 at 12:59 AM »

no chance yet bro... so far signal strenght is good than my G access points before... the only catch is that it doesn't penetrate the wall of my home theater space that well in the ground floor... access point is in the 2nd floor far end corner room...

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
Next question Bros, how's you internet package coping with your multi-PC environment?   

I have the 999 PLDT package in Pasig and private DL sites easily max out the available bandwidth.  So whenever my daughter "sequesters" the PC, she pauses all ongoing DLs by the wife para she can enjoy what she does on the internet. 

The wife's laptop is arriving soon and a home network would be set-up, so I wonder if it's worth upgrading to the 2mbps plan, or other options available.

Thanks!

Offline tebenets

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 08:03 PM »
no need na...

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM »
Next question Bros, how's you internet package coping with your multi-PC environment?   

I have the 999 PLDT package in Pasig and private DL sites easily max out the available bandwidth.  So whenever my daughter "sequesters" the PC, she pauses all ongoing DLs by the wife para she can enjoy what she does on the internet. 

The wife's laptop is arriving soon and a home network would be set-up, so I wonder if it's worth upgrading to the 2mbps plan, or other options available.

Thanks!

So far it's okay... my household has 3 laptops and 2 desktops running simultaneously linked to the internet via 2 DLINK access points and other network devices such as NMT, PS3, XBOX360 are connected so far without problem... however, I've stopped doing bittorent downloads so that would be a factor.

I think Plan999 is okay... unfortunately for me I am still stuck with the older DSL plans from PLDT and pay double for that amount...

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 28, 2009 at 04:55 PM »

Thanks!

If your daughter has a knack of shutting off your downloads, and you have 2 pldt lines, might be a good idea getting plan 990 for 1 line and 999 for another.  I'm not sure how well the 990 is, but its a minimal addition to your landline subscription.  Then you can use the faster connection for your purposes including downloads.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #39 on: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:27 AM »
I'm also using Buffalo Infiniti-N for 2 years already 24/7. Bought it from Commdap at P3400. Very good performer for the price.

I saw a newer version than mine at Octagon selling for P3k. Maybe it would be cheaper from other computer shops.
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2009 at 09:30 AM by nerveblocker »